Last.fm has finally gone off the deep end

>last.fm has finally gone off the deep end

So what are my alternatives?

>actually using last.fm in 2016

annoying as it is, it's hardly unreasonable. quit bitching

>actually being a namefag in any year

There is no alternative. The final redpill is when you realize cataloguing every little thing you listen to is fucking retarded, and delete your last.fm and RYM accounts.

Do you even know who I am?

You're the guy who invented Cred Forums. Get a life nerd

your alternative is waiting until sonemic launches and hoping they stay true to their promise of scrobbling

that's the point of namefagging, no one cares

>The final redpill

Holy fucking newfags, wow. Don't even talk to me.

>still have tons of shit missing from your broken ass site (that no one asked for)
>HURR PLS SUPPORT US

it's Marcel

Okay, seriously, every cunt knows the being of pure condensed autism that is Hampus.

dont talk shit about my daddy

just passed by Cred Forums for reasons, so no i don't know who Hampus is.
no, i won't care who he actually is and on which boards he is on.

>tripfagging after a MOTFD song

The internet is collapsing- this is what happens when dumb ass investors pump money into ideas without any way to actually make money

>hurr durr muh ad revenue

idiots

is libre.fm any good?
i was thinking of switching anyway since my phone can't scrobble - and i need to have a record of what i've listened to

Then you should probably gtfo for reasons

what is their fucking problem, seriously?

is there a single person who thinks the site is better?

is there a single person who decided to sign up because of the changes?

have they made a single dime off of destroying the site?

AND WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY SO STUBBORN THEY WON'T CHANGE IT BACK DESPITE EVERYONE HATING IT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NO IT'S SHIT, LAST'FM WORKS BECAUSE OF ITS LARGE USER BASE AND OVER A DECADE OF USAGE

>wah wah I want things for free!
When you grow up you'll learn that in life things cost money

awwww the salt, so cute

>The internet is collapsing
good, i hope normies will look back upon the internet as a fad and we can have it to ourselves again

Close

MOTFD are great, what are you talking about

>retardpus assuming he's notorious for any reason

You'll understand when you're older.

Exactly a year ago, October 3rd, 2015, Jacob's friend, a girl in her teens, is babysitting for a family in Newport Beach, Ca. The family is wealthy and has a very large house — you know the sort, with a ridiculous amount of rooms. Anyways, the parents are going out for a late dinner/movie. The father tells the babysitter that once the children are in bed she should go into this specific room (he doesn't really want her wandering around the house) and watch TV there.

The parents take off and soon she gets the kids into bed and goes to the room to watch TV. She tries watching TV, but she is disturbed by a Hampus statue in the corner of the room. She tries to ignore it for as long as possible, but it starts freaking her out so much that she can't handle it.

She resorts to calling the father and asks, "Hey, the kids are in bed, but is it okay if I switch rooms? This Hampus statue is really creeping me out."

The father says seriously, "Get the kids, go next door and call 911."

She asks, "What's going on?"

He responds, "Just go next door and once you call the police, call me back."

She gets the kids, goes next door, and calls the police. When the police are on the way, she calls the father back and asks, "So, really, what's going on?"

He responds, "We don't HAVE a Hampus statue." He then further explains that the children have been complaining about Hampus watching them as they sleep. He and his wife had just blown it off, assuming that they were having nightmares.

>implying you can just close it

protip: you can't unless you disabled your ad blocker or subscribe to their shitty bullshit

AND WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY SO STUBBORN THEY WON'T CHANGE IT BACK DESPITE EVERYONE HATING IT

Spooked.

You've got an ad blocker installed
While we know you're really here for the music, ads do enable us to keep the lights on, build cool stuff and recommend you even more music. So help support Last.fm by whitelisting us in your ad blocker, or subscribe for an ad free experience. Thanks, Team Last.fm xo

I just checked and I was able to close it.

you can, but it'll pop up again every time you open the page

last.fm has been dying for years though, if anything im surprised it hasnt happened sooner

Wew lads.

Well given that I appreciate the site quite a bit (even despite the changes) I probably wouldn't mind whitelisting it.

the site has been shit for years and this will be one of the final nails in the coffin, good riddance

I wonder if Spotify will eventually just release its own alternative instead of integrating with it

Hit close and keep using adblock.

Retard.

stay true to their promise? they didn't hit the stretch goal for it

it pops up on every single page.
it is, at the very least, incredibly annoying

oh fuggggggg

I just closed it and I am still playing music with adblock on... though for how long this will last I don't know

>ew
>people not wanting to work for free
>people wanting to make a living disgust me

I think CBS will be fine

DELETE

You are the worst type of moron.

I don't want things for 'free'. I don't want a 'free' service which tries to sell Windex and Mormonism to 12 year olds. I'm an adult and I'd actually like to PAY for things rather than be marketed to all the goddamn time. You're part of the problem- these retards that think ads are the only way to make internet shit work. Go kill yourself

this

>dead userbase
>no more groups
>no more neighbours to make new friends with
>no more friends but "followers"

>Take a useful website's bandwidth which costs them money, while giving nothing in return
>Website tells you that you're being kind of a dick
>hurr it's so annoying
You probably have your adblocker turned on on Cred Forums too, cancer.

Pay for last.fm, retard

>paying for a site that's been half broken for over a year

>hurr durr

Then go pay for last fm. Just reminding you that that option exists.

Be the adult you claim to be.

Haha, I made this. I'm a Junior Web Designer at CBSI and had to write this. I was slightly vocal about the redesign and talked about it here a few years ago when it happened. But they're losing money. (But still pay us well)

why? last.fm is useless and has gotten progressively worse. why does anyone need another social network?

I'm already well aware that I can patronize last.fm, but spending money so I can give my data to another company seems a bit stupid.

If I'm going to spend money on a service like this, it's not going to be last.fm. I don't think I need to list better alternatives. That was my point in the first place- these half-baked techbro idea startups with no end goal need to fuck off the internet.

You can block that popup manually with uBlock Origin. There's an element picker on its main panel where you can select exactly what you want to block.

That's not the point. No matter how shitty you think it is, they are still not doing that stuff for free.

Get a proper adblocker, i've never seen this shite.

no one said they were, you seem to be arguing with yourself

I wouldn't have minded whitelsiting the old site actually, but fuck their updates. At the very least they could bring back groups and customizable sidebars