Bands with 10/10 debuts and never made a great album ever again

Why couldn't they top their debuts?

arcade fire

>never made a great album ever again
>what are First Impressions of the Earth and Antics

Because their debuts were insanely fucking good and nearly impossible to live up to.

nothiong else by boston is as good as this, same with Led Zep and van halen

>Antics
>OLTA
>El Pintor
>not great
Fucking p4k drones I swear

1. both of those bands made fantastic albums later on
b. their debuts were actually just good enough that it would be extremely hard to top them

[spoiler] Bon Iver [/spoiler]
I actually feel this way, now give me your wrath

every band has its best work, sometimes you make it through the years and sometimes it's the debut
there isn't a band with a 10/10 discography and it never will be, it's not really an issue

>who are the smiths
>who is elliott smith

Kek both of them had fillers

I've never been able to understand this, just copy your fucking first album you twats!

Neon Bible is 10/10 while The Suburbs and Reflektor are both 8/10

The majority of "great" bands only have one or two albums of worth in them.

Neutral Milk hotel made a 10/10 follow-up altho Avery is better (inb4 contrarian)

what is faust iv

essentially almost all good italian prog bands

Sleigh Bells makes me so sad. Reign of Terror came close, but holy shit they've just been on a slow downward spiral since then.

because julian casablancas quit drinking

Explosions in the sky

Holy shit those digits

Led Zeppelin literally made six 10/10s in a row.

hi dad

seriously though nice bait but don't fucking reply to me cause I am not going to spend all night convincing you that whole lotta love is a shit song and you just either have nostalgia glasses you you never grew up

the only artistic thing they ever did, composed from pure rage and performed with absolute conviction
everything else was basically for the money and they would be the first to admit it

I think the way the band was portrayed in the media really made him insecure too resulting in some creative struggles after they blew up

Physical Graffiti