The interview starts at 16:45

Other urls found in this thread:

nardwuar.com/rad/the-swans/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whoops

nardwuar.com/rad/the-swans/

>the swans
its just swans

goddamn it. this happens with basically all of these whacky semi ironic personas. I can tell nardwuar is a music nerd on some level but what is it worth when he allows himself to make crazy sloppy mistakes, it comes off as mostly insincere which is a shame cuz i really wanna like the guy and hope he is doing better from his recent whatever the fuck happened to him

>the swans
come on nardwuar you're better than that

>the swans

i want nardwaur to stab me

>the swans
not even marcel does shit like this

Gira, an infamous hothead and notorious stickler, never once corrects nardwuar when he says "the swans", so it stands to reason that The Swans is a legitimate, canonical way of pronouncing it.

its still cringey, like someone referring to "the internet"

>i browse internet

>i browse the internet

???

are you on the facebook though?

>I was on internet last night

no i was posting on le facebooks

ecksdee

this is a cool interview btw

>named a song after thirlwell
gira knows what's up

>By Nardwuar on April 2, 2012
?

Newfags detected . Back in the 90s it wasn't uncommon to know them as The Swans, either one is acceptable. I bet you only started listening to them post-Seer

i like nard but this interview is pretty cringe.

half of it is literally passive aggressive silences from gira. it's what you'd expect from him i guess but it doesn't exactly make for a fun listening experience.

doesn't change the fact that it's still awkward to say. gira doesn't refer to swans as "the" swans

>doesn't change the fact that -

d a m a g e c o n t r o l

ok

damn nardwuar is too fucking akward, i feel bad for michael gira, some people hate him now, but he seems like really nice guy (at least old michael gira) just trying to make a living and shit

what's the catchiest swan song? something for a newfag to start with?

You fucking people make me sick

Filth is actually kind of groovy despite it's heaviness, due to the two drummers and the fact that it's heavily bass driven. So start there

Hello fellow Swaners, is this where the Giras are?

thanks anons

Why is Gira so polite. When I went to go see them live he was very pleasant after the show.

I met him after their Atlanta show a few months ago, real nice guy.

I guess after all these years he's just so grateful to have had a resurgence in his career and a whole new generation of fans. It makes sense to me really.

THE FACT THAT

Gira actually does refer to the people in the band as"the swans", st vincent who sang for to be kind also did call them "the swans".

gira seems like every old person i've ever spoken to. they're stupidly particular. it's intimidating at first but simply becomes annoying with time

The great annihilator was made for you

It was actually originally called 'the facebook'

I forgot St Vincent sang on that. I seen them open up for her which seems slightly less odd now

> that comment about lydia lunch's ass

BABOOOM MICHAEL

What did he say

best ass he ever saw

>doesn't change the fact

translation:

>what i said was totally contradicted but i still feel that i was right

new mind