To the people that don't like Grimes and thinks she makes awful music, may I ask why?

To the people that don't like Grimes and thinks she makes awful music, may I ask why?

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/pewdbut3
youtube.com/watch?v=SPYP0LVa9AI
youtube.com/watch?v=x4eafFd2o0g
youtube.com/watch?v=J_6PbF6F_YQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OXor30_XZMY
youtube.com/watch?v=MCeq-WlmXYI
youtube.com/watch?v=pXUdPqplx0U
youtube.com/watch?v=vkwMRauH7JM
youtube.com/watch?v=xVStvv4BOKk
youtube.com/watch?v=Z76sbERzpnY
youtube.com/watch?v=hun_yAPDR2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=UZAhL-KeK_w
youtu.be/FJ5XUw4qHZo
youtube.com/watch?v=yJ-9IBZaydQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XHsnZT7Z2yQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mzdJaZIqPAI
youtube.com/watch?v=wqp71DOJ3aY
youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI
youtube.com/watch?v=0SuYh9d_uBs
youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4
youtu.be/lZ8zYI6ZQGI?t=2m25s
philosophy.lander.edu/logic/popular.html
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S67678837#p67691629
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

that doesn't answer my question

>Cancerous fans
>Wannabe Chink
>Ugly
>Is probably a total cunt in person

no, you may not

>doesn't talk about her music

And I don't find her ugly at all, what do you look like?

>uses racial slurs
>says cunt
I'm sure you're great in person

>it's a "sperglord who doesn't understand opinions" episode

>may I ask why?
>no
I answered your question fuck you leave me alone this is my thread now

Her music is generic pop that people only find acceptable to like because she's """""""underground"""""""" and not played on the radio. She sucks at producing and she sucks at singing.

I can only imagine what you guys look like.
Can you do better? No you can't so shut the fuck up

>that doesn't answer my question
op is actually this dumb

how are people born as stupid as op

Let's see what you look like, I'm sure that will give all of us something to make fun of

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

>Her music is generic pop
Huh? Name similar artists if you say she's generic. If you can find any...

Also pop =/= bad.

>that people only find acceptable to like because she's """""""underground"""""""" and not played on the radio
That's bollocks. There are plenty of "underground" musicians and nobody gives a shit about them.

>She sucks at producing and she sucks at singing.
Prove it.

I could give a monkey from the zoo access to FL studio and he could probably shit out a better album than grimes.

>making fun of people on the internet in attempt to make themselves feel better about their shitty lives

i've probably answered this question a hundred times.

go back to your cesspool

Nice try. Let's suppose you're that monkey. I challenge you to make a better song than Grimes. If you can't you're a big loser and everything you said is false.

No, only one person has explained to me why the dislike her music and they gave me shit tier answers. The rest just called her ugly when they probably look 100x worse in real life

>cesspool
You ---> ITT: mostly butthurt losers that hate Grimes for no apparent reason. That reason could be envy...

Just stopping by this thread to say lol ur mad

>I can only imagine what you guys look like.
They look like shit and they dare to criticize her look. That's rich.

FACT: all Grimes haters suck a pen15.

Exactly, thank you my man. Cred Forums, an anonymous image board, is the only place where I've seen so many people make fun of Grimes appearance. Just because she's not model tier doesn't mean she's ugly you fucking retards. You wouldn't dare talk about her appearance in real life because you know damn well that you probably look a lot worse

Well, what do you look like user?

Hold on, i think pic related has answered that for me.

12 years old and already cuckin'.

>Just because she's not model tier
She actually featured on many fashion magazines. Unlike those ugly motherfuckers that make fun of her.

past interactions with grimesfags have shown time and time again that if i tell you the subjective reasons why i personally dislike grimes' music, you will go into hyper-autism mode and attempt the fool's errand of trying to disprove a subjective opinion.

i would rather not waste my time, and i'd rather you waste your time somewhere i don't have to acknowledge it

they probably do honestly, you want to know why? Because it's an anonymous fucking imageboard. They make fun of other people's appearances anonymously because it makes them feel better about theirs.

ITT
>tell me why you have this opinion so i can tell you that you're wrong

>Can you do better
Literally the argument of a 12 year old.
She makes bad music that people pretend to like because they think the girl is cute.
Singing is bad, production is bad, and she has no discernible songwriting talent. She's derivative.

That 12 year old is going fucking far what the hell are you chirping about? That is the spiffiest fuckin kid, can you imagine what he'll look like in 6 years? Sheit that kid can chirp Grimes all he fucking wants, he deserves it, look at those frames.

That kid is on a train to success and he's ridin business class

I don't like he cause she makes awful music and I think she makes awful music cause I don't like her.

>Also pop =/= bad.
I like Grimes but you're a fag if you think generic pop isn't bad.

>Can you do better? No you can't so shut the fuck up
not saying that this is better, but a few months ago i recreated the instrumental to be a body to prove to some dumb grimesfag that her music is simplistic pop. it took me about 15 minutes.
clyp.it/pewdbut3

I'm most definitely NOT one of the people to whom your question is directed towards, but based on six months of intensive study into the answer of that very question, the best answer I can give is that she is a very good artist with a naturally flamboyant style - which makes her an easy target for jealous, crummy moronic types.

Comes off as one note and boring

So no, you can't do better. Get out of here man, learn to appreciate good music. Grimes is extremely talented. She's an amazing singer and an amazing producer and if she wasn't, she wouldn't be where she is today. So yeah fuck off. If you think she's so shitty at producing/singing, then why don't you show me some of your music so I can know what's not shitty?

>six months of intensive study
jesus man what is wrong with you? i hope you think about those six months when you're on your deathbed

also
>doing six months worth of research to come to a conclusion that's literally just a delusional defense mechanism to protect your fragile ego

I don't hear no singing. And there's a lot more that goes into her music than what you posted. Like I mean, A LOT. Kid just stop you can't prove me wrong you know I'm right just shut the fuck up please you're just proving that I'm right lmao get out of here

well, OP, i listened to her music, and i think it's awful. i think it's awful because i actually sat down and listened to it. the sounds going into my ears when i listened to her music made me thin that those sounds were awful. those sounds were her music. am i making sense?

>posting about an artist you hate
Then why do you waste time posting in a Grimes related thread? Why you didn't filter Grimes yet??? Maybe because you're a hyper autist?

Amazing compared to what and whom?
Amazing compared to Mark Hollis? No.
Amazing compared to Graham Sutton? No.
Amazing compared to a stinking pile of shit? Possibly.

Also spitting the same fallacious statements does not make your "argument" any more compelling.

Are you a 16yo girl? Appealing to popularity to defend Grimes' talent? Boy, Nicki Minigger must be a fucking talented piece of shit. "You can't do better"? Yeah, I'm not allowed to shit on old Lada cars because I don't make cars in my backyard.

I admit I only like the softer, cute side of Grimes and that the rest are too lolsorandum for me (fine by me if you like them), but holy fuck, you argue like a sissy and it's not helping your case at all.

>not using clyp

You're a fag for not reading properly. Not all pop is generic, you idiot.

You wrote a bunch of shitty subjective opinions. Pffffft. Come back when you have real arguments.

Well, you replied to and he mentioned generic pop. I assumed you were talking about generic pop too.

Oh shit, I forgot that people here also like to hate on Eminem, Logic, Animal Collective, Tedy Andreas, and plenty of other great artists. So basically, I'm arguing with a bunch of retarded elitists who like to think that they're better than everyone for no reason

Her music is a chillwave update of shitty garageband myspace scenester meme music

>one note
An artist able to make songs like Scream, California, Oblivion, Omega, Life in Vivid Dream, Kill V. Maim, Realiti is one note? Listen to her music before commenting.

And - as you may also recall - it took me less than 15 minutes to describe exactly why your attempt was a total failure, because you managed to screw up the opening chord progression of the song and therefore overlook the fact that the instrumentals are actually written to function in two simultaneous keys.

No it's not lmao.

I've never listened to Grimes, but if you guys rec me albums/tracks ill give it a go

Her voice is akin to that of an autistic chipmunk.

>elitist fuckwit detected
Not all music should be some post-rock boring crap in order to be acclaimed.

By the way, Grimes >>>>> Talk Talk.

I have and it's boring and goes by a formula

youtube.com/watch?v=SPYP0LVa9AI

yeah it is it's literally just this if they watched HBO girls and thought they were intellectual

I am wondering too

Don't listen to these fags that insult her, she's actually awesome. These fags can't prove anything from what they claim.

I work in a research lab where we study how people's social interactions are affected by technology and the Internet - ie. I have the perfect excuse. As far as I'm concerned you people are all just part of a huge social experiment on the mental process of trolls.

Formula? What formula? Describe it.

Lol why do you need a fucking chart like Grimes is Swans or something just pick a fucking album there's 4 of them just ROLL THE DICE, THEY'RE NOT EVEN THAT DIFFERENT

>I've been hooked
Grimes couldn't even hold a candle to David Callahan's left nut.

Do you seriously imply that crap is similar to Grimes? How autist could you be?

You must be deaf if you think all her albums sound the same. Dark bloom and Art Angels sound like they were made by completely different artists

>measuring dick contest with a dick that isn't even yours

Yeah, two different artists with vastly different talent levels.

Give it up guys, Grimes fell off

Either you completely misunderstood his comment, or you firmly believe that your left testicle is, in fact, your penis

>ROLL THE DICE, THEY'RE NOT EVEN THAT DIFFERENT
REALLY? You didn't even listen to her music, like so many shitposters ITT. So many of you have ZERO idea about her music, yet you insult her and her music.

A song from the second album:
youtube.com/watch?v=x4eafFd2o0g

A song from the fourth album:
youtube.com/watch?v=J_6PbF6F_YQ

>took that literally
It's a metaphor, you dickhead.

Grimes haters, ladies and gentlemen...

All these Grimes haters are almost as bad as the people that hate on Tedy Andreas lmao.

>hating Grimes
>in 2K16

I have no idea why I paused my listen of Have One on Me to listen to these shitty songs but I did and all that I took from it was that she was once creative and now she is not.

Sounds like someone who is fiddling on Fruity Loops

Agreed, Tedy made one of the best rap albums of this decade and people wanna act likes it's shit lmao

Did you not see the other person saying Grimes was better than Talk Talk?

Grimes lovers ladies and gentlemen

Formulaic

She's so fucking boring. Her music puts people to asleep. Music equivalent to watching paint dry

I listened to Visions a couple times and really tried to get into her but i just couldn't

What's your most listened to genre of music, generally speaking?

Used to be Metal but i think now it's Rap
I also like pop (mostly mainstream things)

She doesnt own up to being Davy Letterman's illegitimate daughter.

Truly Letterman blood in her.

if that's true then i retract my statement, but i find it hard to believe.

Shes an ugly, pretentious tryhard. The absolute worst kind of person, I find. one that tries super hard to look quirky but is still a massive cunt in nature. That aside her fanbase is cancerous nerds, the nu-mcr, on par with 21pilots. "She's so quirky and weird like me haha I'm laughing and not being normal Just like her :-)"

That aside, her music ranges from mediocre to bad. She arrived super late to the art pop scene, and does nothing original or worthwhile. She makes music for the worst target audience, "experimental" and "eclectic" in the sense that it had some pretty lawl weird song structures and influences but doesn't really go anywhere with them besides pushing them as a toybox of eclectic point gimmicks. Pretty much all music trends or scenes became parodies of themselves near the end, and grimes is just that, a parody of a once more interesting "artpop" scene.

Lol I can think of a number of perfectly good reasons for genuinely not liking Grimes' music (such as it being too eclectically weird) and boring is most definitely NOT one of them.

Tbqh I suspect that the actual reason why she/her music seem to trigger certain people so readily is that it is simply too eclectically weird for their tastes. The thing is, on a place like /mu where social capital is measured in how eclectic/weird/different (yet still the same) someone's taste is, there is simply no way for a person to whom her music is outside the bounds of comfort to honestly express that without sounding - I hate the way this term is used here, but it applies - like a pleb.

I don't believe you
Not for a second
But I want to
I want to hear what you have to say
I really want to believe
But you're a bad liar
Arch your back
Tell me why you return
What do you think I wanna see?
What kind of pig are you?
Arch that back
What kind of pig would do that?
Come on, whore, con me
Come on, con me
Make me believe you
Show some decorum
Bend over
What were you thinking?
When you let him come in your mouth?
When you bled onto his cock?
When you begged him to stop?
Tell me again
About your sister
The pain
And about your therapy
And the prozac
And the stitches
And the photos
And your interview
And the phantom pain
Tell me again, dear
Tell me again
I like the stories
Tell me
I can trust you
Tell me
I promise I'll listen
Tell me while you dance

>too eclectically weird
It's not weird in any sense though.

Grimes haters are fags lol

(continuing from )
Instead the only option is to make denigrating remarks about her as a person (eg. the first paragraph here ) or to talk down the innovative/experimental nature of her music without ever actually going into any details that a musician would understand (eg. the second paragraph here ) since to do so would invariably lead to the deconstruction of their own arguments.

Like they say - sometimes the haterz are just gonna hate.

ikr :^)

i mean i don't really care when people say they like her because i know a ton of people outside of Cred Forums that do, but i still think she sucks

i just kinda hate her voice, her fake dream pop sound, and her obnoxious personality and look desu

Dude just stop grimes is very good

This is the shittiest thread I've seen all week.

see

this should have been /thread

dude just stop grimes is very bad

I saw her live last year opening for Lana Del Rey... it was just noise with two background dancers jumping around.

I tried so many times. I just can't get into it and it has nothing to do it with it being too weird. It's actually the exact opposite.

Grimes doesn't even know what keys are. She has admitted it

>total failure
It's a matter of missing like one tone. He was pretty damn close. The point is that the instrumental is simplistic.

>there's a lot more that goes into her music than what you posted. Like I mean, A LOT
>But I can't actually tell you what it is so i'm just going to throw a bitchfit instead
Holy shit are you mad? lol

Hmm... in that case I'd say try listening to Art Angels - it's the most "mainstream pop"-like record she's released to date, as well as the most focused upon having intentional lyrics. There's a fair amount of industrial-influenced sounds on that album as well.

Also, considering yourheavy metal/rap leanings, it might be worthwhile to check out the track she did recently for the Suicide Squad soundtrack ( youtube.com/watch?v=OXor30_XZMY ) The jury's still out on what musical demographic exactly that track is geared towards - could be you're it.

Why on earth would I make such a specific thing like that up?

>Grimesfags think grimes is originally or meaningfully "eclectic"
I remember being 16 and falling for the meme of "all eclectic is good and for art fans like me :)"

Grimes isn't eclectic, she's top 40 radio pop with a ton of forced "eclectic" influence she does nothing but throw in it just to look le weird. Its boring. Its boring because of how generic and tasteless it is. Not because grimes "haters" are just not as special as you are.

Its just a buzzword for pitchfork readers to feel special, underage fag. Have a (you)

youtube.com/watch?v=MCeq-WlmXYI

No I'm not mad lmao yall Re just fucking retarded ok I admit maybe I'm a little mad but I have good reasons like the fact that all grimes haters are fucking faggots and only hate on her because they're little bitches lmao grimes is one of the most talented female musicians alive just shut the fuck up seriously it's pathetic how you people hate on grimes for the stupidest reasons just stop please it's pathetic it really is just quit grimes is good

this is bait right?

>It's a matter of missing like one tone.
A difference of one wrong tone in a scale/chord progression is a HUGE deal in music theory terms - it changes the perceived key of the piece, and the ways in which EVERY SINGLE NOTE is understood to relate to the others on a harmonic level.

>The point is that the instrumental is simplistic.
That particular point is simply flat-out wrong.

There's a key difference between knowing what something is called and being able to intuitively use that same something that in innovative and interesting ways.

I used to like Grimes..........
But then I took an arrow to the knee. XD

She's creative but her production and mixing is so fucking bad and amateur.

I'm listening to her for the first time right now and I...

I like it than I hate it than I like it than I hate it. I don't fucking know I will have to listen more I guess.

Halfaxa is not witch house, it's just dream pop with weird song titles

>mfw people act like grimes isn't the goat

She's only got one good song

>I like it than I hate it than I like it than I hate it. I don't fucking know I will have to listen more I guess.
Keep listening - that's pretty much exactly the same thing I went through at first. I now have absolutely no qualms whatsoever about publicly admitting my love for all of her music - even the parts that remind me of God-awful Disney soundtracks.

This, her music is good and anyone who denies it is a fag lmao

Read the chart again - I specifically designed it to not say that (because you're wright - it isn't.)

holy fucking shit dude

you know what, all you grimes haters need to SHUT THE FUCK UP. GRIMES IS ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED MUSICIANS IN THE INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW. SHE CAN SING AND PRODUCE AND ENGINEER AND YOU CANT. SHE HAS MORE TALENT THAN PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WILL EVER HAVE SERIOUSLY JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU GUYS HATE ON HER BECAUSE OF.YOUR REAL LIFE PROBLEM JUST STOP PLEASE YOU GUYS HAVE THE SHITTIEST ARGUMENTS AGAINST HER YOU CALL HER UGLY AND ANNOYING WHICH IS VERY RUDE BY THE WAY BECAUSE SHE'S NOT THEN YOU SAY FUCKING BULL SHIT LIKE HER MUSIC IS UNORIGINAL AND AMETUERE SERIOUSLY JUST SHUT UP SHE MAKES REALLY GOOD PROFESSIONAL SOUNDING MUSIC AND SHE'S MORE TALENTS THAN A LOT OF PEOPLE IN THE INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW LIKE SERIOUSLY JUST STOP TRYING TO HATE ON GRIMES IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE TO HATE ON HER. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.DONT LIKE HER BUT I THINK IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE FAGS AND CANT MAKE MUSIC.LIKE HER SO THEY HATE ON HER ALL DAY AND GIVE STUPID REASONS TO DO SO. IT'S REALLY JUST SO FUCKING PATHETIC AND YALL SHOULD REALLY STOP BECAUSE YOU DONT EVEN HAVE GOOD REASONS TO DO SO. YOU GUYS WILL WORSHIP DEATH GRIPS AND SWANS BUT HATE ON GRIMES IT MAKES NO SENSE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM REALLY NEED TO GET A GRIP AND YES IM A LITTLE MAD BUT IT'S BECAUSE IM JUST FED UP WITH ALL THESE PEOPLE HATING ON THIS ANONYMOUS IMAGE BOARD SERIOUSLY JUST STOP YOU HAVE NO GOOD REASONS TO BE HATING ON GRIMES. YOU JUST MAKE SHIT UP THAT ISN'T TRUE AND TRY TO START MEMES ABOUT HER IT'S PATHETIC PLEASE JUST STOP HATING ON HER

Preach my man

holy fucking shit dude

capped for later use

If you don't like grimes you literally have zero fucking taste or are a stupid numale hipster. That's a fact.

>Waaah she's generic!
You don't even understand that word. The only argument you can construe to support this inane claim is that people who copy her earlier sounds... well copy her earlier sounds.

>Waaah! She's quirky!
She's just being herself. Sorry she isn't acting within the tight bounds of behavior you hold to all girls. I want you to take a moment to consider she doesn't exist for your arbitrary desires.

>Waaah! She's a sellout!
If she kept making derivative sounds of Halfaxa it'd have gotten beyond boring halfway through Art Angels. That she keeps changing it up between albums is why she's a great artist.

>Waaah! She doesn't know anything about music!
And yet she was able to make great albums and achieve success and universal praise from pretty much everybody who isn't a contrarian faggot. Just admit you're jealous that shelling out over $10k in lessons and instruments didn't give you even a modicum of success that Grimes achieved by playing the game using her talent and love of music.

>Waaah! Her fans only like her cause they wanna bang her/she's cute.
You can stop projecting your feelings on other people any time. Not everybody who posts on Cred Forums thinks with their garden hose.

>X/Y/Z artist is better!
Great, why does this make her music bad, again?

>She's flash in the pan!
People have been saying this since Darkbloom. You're fucking retarded if you believe this. Grimes is 100% bonafide goodness.

and now to hit a post in specific.

>She's just being herself. Sorry she isn't acting within the tight bounds of behavior you hold to all girls.
I physically threw up reading this. To be a retarded snowflake teen again.

kill yourself you weeb fuck

>She arrived super late to the art pop scene
This means literally nothing.
>and does nothing original or worthwhile
Fucking lmao. You gonna quantify that?
>She makes music for the worst target audience
She just makes music. Also seperating art from fanbase (not that it really matters in this case, Grimes has a great fanbase) is a basic fucking ability of an emotionally mature adult who likes to consume art. The only thing you prove by saying this shit is that you're an emotionally stunted manchild who seeks out validation from others for his tastes. That's more pathetic than waifufags.
>"experimental" and "eclectic" in the sense that it had some pretty lawl weird song structures and influences
Experimental in the sense that she does a lot of experimentation with her samples and manipulating them. Structurlessness and experimentalism are mutually exclusive.
Also yes that's exactly what eclectic means, to derive from a large variety of sources. You can drop the scare quotes, you just look like an edgy tryhard who doesn't know what the fuck he's even saying.
>but doesn't really go anywhere with them besides pushing them as a toybox of eclectic point gimmicks
Wow I'm sorry that songs that the musings of St. Thomas Aquinas disguised as a pop song isn't "going anywhere" enough for you. No she should write a bunch of a nonesense disguised as "cryptic" like the Death Grips or just growl into a microphone like Swans.

>Pretty much all music trends or scenes became parodies of themselves near the end, and grimes is just that, a parody of a once more interesting "artpop" scene.
The only parody here is you and this post being a parody of someone actually making a decent criticism.

Fucking stupid numale hipsters.

>I can't come up with a refutation to any of these easy to swallow points
>I know I'll call them underage and a snowflake!
You're pathetic and everybody in your life hates you behind your back. They smile to your face (if that) but in their heads they just want you to get out of their life permanently. In this world we are terribly alone, but you take that concept to new heights, as even the most disgusting individuals are at least liked by some small group of people. Not you. There isn't a single person in your life who cares about you, or your well being. You are less loved than any of the Genocidal dictators who have passed through history. In fact, if through some miracle your disgusting soul managed to achieve some high seat of power and start a genocide, you would probably ended up loved by edgelord contrarians who think murder is cool.

I would tell you to kill yourself, but that would be too easy. I hope your miserable life extends long into your winter years so you can continue to roast in your own ignorance that nobody liked you, likes you, or ever will like you, right up until you lie on your deathbed in an empty hospital room.

>stupid numale hipster
>yall
>manic, incoherent run-on sentences
>i'm a classically trained musician

it's pretty interesting that you can identify individual grimesfags simply because they say the exact same things every single time they post, every single day.

i'm not one to throw around the word Autism here, but between the detachment from reality, the extreme obsession with one particular thing, and then this repetitive behavior, it's actually all starting to make sense.

holy shit dude

hahaha holy fucking shit dude seek help

>Heh! I know! I'll toss out some Something Awful memes from 16 years ago!
>I'm such a creative intellectual! That'll teach them for calling me a stupid numale hipster! Don't mess with this anonymous poster!
I'm concerned about your mental well being. You should seek psychiatric help before your condition worsens and you become a danger to yourself or someone else.

>There are people like this who aren't being monitored by a professional.

Lets see what grimesfags arguments are
>You're just calling her ugly cause I think you are probably ugly irl
>She's really good
>You couldn't make better music.
Woah there boys (Girls?) getting a little rough there. Calm it down.

The only one who needs help is you. You are so deluded and your view so narrow.

I'd say it's exactly the abstraction Plato had in mind with his cave allegory, but that's so accurate even using it once in this context would result in it instantly becoming cliche.

holy fucking shit dude

No. (You) need help.

>I'm concerned about your mental well being.
dude this is all coming from the person who wrote this

>Gets BTFO two posts in a row
>Le mental health meme xDDD
good thinking user. wouldn't want you to strain yourself actually coming up with a decent post.

shkreli can't run this website into the ground fast enough. this fucking thread is facebook-tier normie shitposting.

all of her projects pre-art angels have little to no depth in terms of writing or production. as a bedroom pop artist during these albums, she fails to captivate in anyway with what little she has or than with her russian fairy aesthetic. i think the only track i could remember off the top of my head would have to be oblivion.

with art angels, she seemed to be showing signs of making something impressive with the realiti demo, but the actual product pretty much turned out to be all the unbearable aspects of pop music put into one album. offensively bland songwriting with some of the most obnoxious production ever. i dont get how any person could listen to california or scream and think this is remotely good. the only track that strangely works is kill v maim because its one of the few moments where grimes takes a break from emulating britney spears and displays some personality through her wild vocals and its all combined with a killer hook. why the fuck is 95% of her music so painfully boring to sit through when she can pull tracks off like this?

like fuck, carly rae jepsen isnt anything that special but emotion was everything you could ask for in a mainstream pop album with its constant supply of infectious hooks and lush production. grimes has an interesting enough persona to become something revolutionary in modern pop but she does almost nothing interesting or worthwhile with her actual music

did you read the posts he made?

Dudr just shut up please just stop grimes is the best and if you don't like her I respect your opinion but YOU NEED TO GET A FUCKING LIFE AND STOP HATING ON GRIMES JUST BECAUSE YOU FUCKING SUCK AY MAKING MUSIC. JUST STOP PLEASE IM STARTING TO GET REAL ANGRY

this thread should be more than enough proof that grimes posters aren't old enough to post here

SHUT THE FUCK UP. GRIMES IS ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED MUSICIANS IN THE INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW. SHE CAN SING AND PRODUCE AND ENGINEER AND YOU CANT. SHE HAS MORE TALENT THAN PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WILL EVER HAVE SERIOUSLY JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU GUYS HATE ON HER BECAUSE OF.YOUR REAL LIFE PROBLEM JUST STOP PLEASE YOU GUYS HAVE THE SHITTIEST ARGUMENTS AGAINST HER YOU CALL HER UGLY AND ANNOYING WHICH IS VERY RUDE BY THE WAY BECAUSE SHE'S NOT THEN YOU SAY FUCKING BULL SHIT LIKE HER MUSIC IS UNORIGINAL AND AMETUERE SERIOUSLY JUST SHUT UP SHE MAKES REALLY GOOD PROFESSIONAL SOUNDING MUSIC AND SHE'S MORE TALENTS THAN A LOT OF PEOPLE IN THE INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW LIKE SERIOUSLY JUST STOP TRYING TO HATE ON GRIMES IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE TO HATE ON HER. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.DONT LIKE HER BUT I THINK IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE FAGS AND CANT MAKE MUSIC.LIKE HER SO THEY HATE ON HER ALL DAY AND GIVE STUPID REASONS TO DO SO. IT'S REALLY JUST SO FUCKING PATHETIC AND YALL SHOULD REALLY STOP BECAUSE YOU DONT EVEN HAVE GOOD REASONS TO DO SO. YOU GUYS WILL WORSHIP DEATH GRIPS AND SWANS BUT HATE ON GRIMES IT MAKES NO SENSE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM REALLY NEED TO GET A GRIP AND YES IM A LITTLE MAD BUT IT'S BECAUSE IM JUST FED UP WITH ALL THESE PEOPLE HATING ON THIS ANONYMOUS IMAGE BOARD SERIOUSLY JUST STOP YOU HAVE NO GOOD REASONS TO BE HATING ON GRIMES. YOU JUST MAKE SHIT UP THAT ISN'T TRUE AND TRY TO START MEMES ABOUT HER IT'S PATHETIC PLEASE JUST STOP HATING ON HER IF YOU HATE ON HER SHUT THE FUCK UP. GRIMES IS ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED MUSICIANS IN THE INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW. SHE CAN SING AND PRODUCE AND ENGINEER AND YOU CANT. SHE HAS MORE TALENT THAN PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WILL EVER HAVE SERIOUSLY JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU GUYS HATE ON HER BECAUSE OF.YOUR REAL LIFE PROBLEM JUST STOP PLEASE YOU GUYS HAVE THE SHITTIEST ARGUMENTS AGAINST HER YOU CALL HER UGLY AND ANNOYING WHICH IS VERY RUDE BY THE WAY BECAUSE SHE'S NOT THEN YOU SAY FUCKING BULL SHIT LIKE HER MUSIC IS UNORIGINAL

>all of her projects pre-art angels have little to no depth in terms of writing or production
So are you going to back this up or are you just going to parrot what every user in this thread has said already? Unfortunately, I can't really pin down why exactly you're wrong simply due to the volume of just how wrong you are until you actually come up with examples that I can show you the holes in.

>i think the only track i could remember off the top of my head would have to be oblivion.
Of course you can remember the most spammed, overrated song of hers. Of course you didn't even bother to back any of this up with any meaningful reasonings.

>with art angels, she seemed to be showing signs of making something impressive with the realiti demo
The realiti demo was cringeworthy lyrics pasted over a hyper-simplistic beat. Honestly the amount of shilling it gets by retards who haven't even bothered to listen to the song closely is astounding. It's a good song, don't get me wrong, but it's hardly even in her top 20.

> i dont get how any person could listen to california or scream and think this is remotely good.
While I'm not a fan of Scream myself, parroting Fantano and other cringey hipster critics who are assblasted Grimes called them out is hilarious because anybody who bothered to listen to the production to pull out the details and the interesting arrangements.

>the only track that strangely works is kill v maim because its one of the few moments where grimes takes a break from emulating britney spears and displays some personality through her wild vocals and its all combined with a killer hook
Kill V Maim is good, but you completely missed the mark on why. The vocals are mediocre at best and the hook is honestly crap. The lyrics are shallow crap and the delivery is completely off-mark.

I could tear apart the rest of this post, but I don't feel like splitting it up thanks to the 2k char limit.

the only people who talk about underageb& are underageb&

why don't you take your shitposting to a fantano video next time, casey?

The first two posts systematically go through point by point and clearly explain why what they are quoting is wrong.

The third post you quoted was clearly made to get under your skin and it clearly did with all the samefaggotry you're doing to hide your asshurt.

SHUT THE FUCK UP. GRIMES IS ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED MUSICIANS IN THE INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW. SHE CAN SING AND PRODUCE AND ENGINEER AND YOU CANT. SHE HAS MORE TALENT THAN PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WILL EVER HAVE SERIOUSLY JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU GUYS HATE ON HER BECAUSE OF.YOUR REAL LIFE PROBLEM JUST STOP PLEASE YOU GUYS HAVE THE SHITTIEST ARGUMENTS AGAINST HER YOU CALL HER UGLY AND ANNOYING WHICH IS VERY RUDE BY THE WAY BECAUSE SHE'S NOT THEN YOU SAY FUCKING BULL SHIT LIKE HER MUSIC IS UNORIGINAL AND AMETUERE SERIOUSLY JUST SHUT UP SHE MAKES REALLY GOOD PROFESSIONAL SOUNDING MUSIC AND SHE'S MORE TALENTS THAN A LOT OF PEOPLE IN THE INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW LIKE SERIOUSLY JUST STOP TRYING TO HATE ON GRIMES IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE TO HATE ON HER. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.DONT LIKE HER BUT I THINK IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE FAGS AND CANT MAKE MUSIC.LIKE HER SO THEY HATE ON HER ALL DAY AND GIVE STUPID REASONS TO DO SO. IT'S REALLY JUST SO FUCKING PATHETIC AND YALL SHOULD REALLY STOP BECAUSE YOU DONT EVEN HAVE GOOD REASONS TO DO SO. YOU GUYS WILL WORSHIP DEATH GRIPS AND SWANS BUT HATE ON GRIMES IT MAKES NO SENSE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM REALLY NEED TO GET A GRIP AND YES IM A LITTLE MAD BUT IT'S BECAUSE IM JUST FED UP WITH ALL THESE PEOPLE HATING ON THIS ANONYMOUS IMAGE BOARD SERIOUSLY JUST STOP YOU HAVE NO GOOD REASONS TO BE HATING ON GRIMES. YOU JUST MAKE SHIT UP THAT ISN'T TRUE AND TRY TO START MEMES ABOUT HER IT'S PATHETIC PLEASE JUST STOP HATING ON HER IF YOU HATE ON HER SHUT THE FUCK UP. GRIMES IS ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED MUSICIANS IN THE INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW. SHE CAN SING AND PRODUCE AND ENGINEER AND YOU CANT. SHE HAS MORE TALENT THAN PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WILL EVER HAVE SERIOUSLY JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU GUYS HATE ON HER BECAUSE OF.YOUR REAL LIFE PROBLEM JUST STOP PLEASE YOU GUYS HAVE THE SHITTIEST ARGUMENTS AGAINST HER YOU CALL HER UGLY AND ANNOYING WHICH IS VERY RUDE BY THE WAY BECAUSE SHE'S NOT THEN YOU SAY FUCKING BULL SHIT LIKE HER MUSIC IS UNORIGINAL

are grimesfags being serious?

Because we don't like her music, and not everyone is expected to do so

kek

>42 posters
>150 posts
i honestly dont know anymore

this is the only acceptable answer. good job user.

>tfw this user accurately predicted the outcome of this shit thread

her music is meh at best, but she has a good image so shitters like her

Dude just shut the fuck I'm getting real fucking tired of arguing with you guys. Grimes has good production, good singinh, good engineering, good creativity, good experimentation. Man, she's just good sy everything and you need to shut the fuck up because you really don't know whet youre talking about. You think you do but you honestly don't

>it's a thinly-veiled grimes bait thread
shiggy

okay

Ummm please don't "okay" me kid listen I'm trying to make a point if you don't like Grimes you're probably a fag anyway so just shut the fuck up please

why can't i force people to like grimes

okay

OK OK OK OK OK OKAY!

lol dude
>Grimes has good production, good singinh, good engineering, good creativity, good experimentation
that's literally all subjective opinion. what kind of 'argument' is that? what kind of 'point' could you possibly be making?

i think she has shit production, shit singing, shit engineering, shit creativity, and shit experimentation. but neither of us is any more right than the other. there's no argument to be had here. that's why this whole thread is stupid and you should have just stayed in your containment

Wow this right here folks just shows the average maturity level of a grimes lmao glow old are you kid like 12? 15 mayve? Shut the fuck up dude just stop

BEGGARS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS MAN THIS AIN'T CHIPOTLE

okay

yeah thanks op. we got some pretty tasty fresh pasta from this

>grimesfags actually think this way

All im gonna say is watch this video and imagine, instead of a cute girl, a young man was doing this performance. This would make you cringe to death. Grimes is talented and has potential, but she isn't great yet and has a long way to go.

youtube.com/watch?v=pXUdPqplx0U

look at the similarities between Corey Feldman and Grimes performance style. Its not about music, its about showmanship.

youtube.com/watch?v=vkwMRauH7JM

now compare Grimes to a real outsider musician who is sexy and is oozing soul. You all should be in love with this girl, not some weeaboo o so random vegan. This girl's the real thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=xVStvv4BOKk

lol

Speaking as one of the chief architects of the ongoing voignamirian era on /mu, the fact that so many of the trollish types who hang out here have yet to realize that they've been being actively reverse-trolled for at least the past six months just makes the whole thing even more comical and entertaining.

This other woman is another viable alternative musical waifu to Grimes. Get some taste fellas I know you are all better than this. Just cause some girl draw anime doesnt mean she is a good musician.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z76sbERzpnY

what the hell are you even saying?

Grimes can't hold a candle to Hope Sandoval.

youtube.com/watch?v=hun_yAPDR2Y

wtf? Are you saying the trolls pretending to be obsessive grimefags are being reverse trolled? Or the trolls trying to troll grimefags are being reverse trolled?

Btw, I made this thread as a complete joke and didn't expect it to get more than 10 replies lmao

I'm saying that Grimes is one of the smartest people to have ever decided to enter the music business (she was originally an astrophysics major) as well as an active Internet meta-troll, and her fan base tends to be made up of similarly smart, meta-trolling inclined individuals.

>we were just pretending to be retarded

how could someone be this far up their own ass?
>inb4 meta meta troll

holy shit she sounds like lana del rey

Let's keep this thread going guys, I want this to be the biggest thread on Cred Forums. I want this thread to reach post limit. I don't want this thread to be archived when I wake up.

Simple. I don't like people who aren't respectful to bananas.

It's called having a sense of humour, user. If there's one thing the rest of /mu could stand to learn from the voirgnamirian horde, it's that music and music fandom are supposed to be forms of entertainment - as in built around having fun. None of this 'Music Is Always Serious Business' that you regular mu/tants tend to bandy about.

grimesfags are probably the most serious posters on this board. that's why they always get triggered so easily when people call grimes shit

All these grimeszs fan boys in this thread just BTFO when exposed to facts. Defend grimes faggots.

That's because being 'nice to Grimes' is non-negotiable rule 1#, user. Learn to live with that, and Grimes fandom will be much nicer to you.

don't provoke them satan. there's no point.

>non-negotiable rule 1#
>we'll get along just fine as long as you share the exact same beliefs as us
>you're not allowed to criticize us or our idol

>but we're all about having fun, and you guys should learn to take things less seriously.
just stop.

>Collectively making the case for Grimes' primary appeal being rooted in her unique sounding music - without even realizing it
Lol lmao.

>the exact same beliefs as us
Being 'nice' isn't about having - or not having - beliefs. It's about common courtesy - ie. not being a dick all the time.

>but we're all about having fun, and you guys should learn to take things less seriously.
Yes - you really should. It's better for your health.

Grimes isn't that good, and it's super weird/creepy that there's a cult of autists here who worship her.

the fact that you have non-negotiable rules in your daily threads should be more than enough proof that you guys are serious

glad he burnt up in like 2 years

Not "rules" - It's a single ground rule that serves as a major part of what keeps these threads so robust, since it imparts a united spirit of positivity among all the participants. Lowly Anons who wonder at their efforts to initiate long-running conversations only to see them succumb to mindless vitriol and waining interest would be wise to take note.

It's just the usual shit you see on the Soundcloud threads, a big mushy mess of electronic sounds. Only this time it has shitty k-pop vocals on top of it.

When grimesfags demand compliments for grimes it proves their absolute disdain for the individual assessment of quality.

Constant niceness is always phony. Everyone knows negativity is useful to inspire improvement but grimesfags would rather take the shortcut to being viewed favourably by acting outraged at anything less than pure praise. Just laughable at this point.

this. pic related

>Constant niceness is always phony
Yeah, but it's not even niceness at this point. it's literally unconditional worship. I swear it's actually a cult, whether they're willing to admit it or not.

>burnt up

wot

> All im gonna say is watch this video and imagine, instead of a cute girl, a young man was doing this performance.
Okay
youtube.com/watch?v=UZAhL-KeK_w

Hey there

>Skinny
>Hairy-pits
>ADHD
>Autism
>Greasy
>Disgusting hair
>Uni-Brow
>Shit music
>Cancerous fans
>Wannabe Chink
>Ugly
Grimes should change her name to Grease.

Shut the fuck up

youtu.be/FJ5XUw4qHZo
Around the 20 minute mark... She's clearly singing out of tune for a good 10 seconds and there are people in the comment section defending her. They're saying that she may be shy or that it wasn't her night. That would've been true, if this was her first live performance, but it's clearly not. And I don't think any self aware musician would even attempt a live performance, if he or she wasn't healthy or being able to perform at his or her best. She mentioned that she listens to Stravinsky and yet she makes the kind of music she makes. That's the most baffling thing to me.

suck a dog pen15, slutfag.

This.

you suck

It's called baiting, basically there's tons of assholes with a terrible sense of humor who get their only satisfaction in life by spamming their shit to annoy others, and I'm fairly sure they don't even mean it 100% every time either

Joanna Newson fanboy ladies and gentlemen... It's rich to complain about Grimes when you listen to that chipmunk voiced artist.

because it's true

>may I ask why?

her lisp

What the fuck you're even talking about? She called her art ADHD music and that is anything but boring. Her songs change all the time during their duration, there's always an interesting melody every single second.

Good bait. You really did some effort to write that false crap.

You're such a try hard.

>Grimes isn't eclectic
Explain the multitude of her influences in her music, from IDM to R&B.

>she's top 40 radio pop
A top 40 artist barely played on the radio? Interesting...

>with a ton of forced "eclectic" influence
Make up your mind. You said she isn't eclectic.

>she does nothing but throw in it just to look le weird
Her influences serve her songs perfectly. Someone like Holly Hendron is someone who does le weird just for the sake of it. Not Grimes. Everything she does in her music has a precise purpose (e.g. adding a faint crowd noise in the beat of Kill V. Maim to make it more pumping and addictive).

>Its boring because of how generic and tasteless it is.
(You)

>Not because grimes "haters" are just not as special as you are.
The Grimes haters just hate her, most of time without listening to her music or listening too little to it. I have no respect for them.

cause she makes bland weak, dancepop.

>mixing
She doesn't do mixing on the final product. On her latest album it was Spike Stent, a reknowed mixer.

>dancepop
You listened only to Art Angels, right? By the way, name some non-bland dancepop.

>this entire thread

>Skinny
>Hairy-pits
>ADHD
>Autism
>Greasy
>Disgusting hair
>Uni-Brow
>Shit music
>Cancerous fans
>Wannabe Chink
>Ugly
>Lisp

This isn't a personal attack on her retard, it's an attack on her music.

You can't be serious. You simply can't. To like just one song from her?? Almost all of them are great.

>me, still discussing about her music
>This isn't a personal attack on her
>calling me retard
Ad hominem attacks, this is all you can do, moron?

to be fair that describes most of Cred Forums (except skinny and with fans)

stop posting real music, it threatens me

i like grimes because her level of talent is actually attainable

grimesfags are the worst thing to happen to this board

this thread is fucking autism

We can safely say that Grimes haters were btfo once again by the Grimes fans. The Grimes haters wrote the same tired kindergarden level arguments that made them to look like fools.

If that's so, I'd have to wonder why no one replied to:

>Waaah! She doesn't know anything about music!
>And yet she was able to make great albums and achieve success and universal praise from pretty much everybody who isn't a contrarian faggot. Just admit you're jealous that shelling out over $10k in lessons and instruments didn't give you even a modicum of success that Grimes achieved by playing the game using her talent and love of music.
That was great. Fucking great! That explains the butthurt haters.

I don't think that any reasonable and non egocentric person wants fame just for the sake of it. And I don't think that kind of people do what they do for fame. It's one thing to be praised and maybe not widely known and it's another thing to be famous/popular. If you're making music for the sole purpose of it being marketed as much as possible and then sold, that has very little to do with music and more with making a product. I linked a video where she clearly sings out of tune in a live performance for a good 10 seconds and no one bothered to reply. I wonder why... By the way, having a love for music doesn't inherently equate to your music being loved by other people. And it also doesn't equate with it being good. She also mentioned her love of Stravinsky and yet she makes pop music.

Most are shit

>not hating on AnCo
It's the most boring and shitty music I've ever heard

Grimes is primarily a music producer (the contemporary studio equivalent of a music composer) and not a trained vocalist - the singing comes extra. Plus there's a reason why so many performers rely on overdubbing or even auto-tune in live performance situations - because it doesn't sound perfect.

There's also a reason why professional singers hate singing in the morning or right after having woken up (both the case for her in this performance, if you payed attention to the interview bits.) Calling someone out for not being perfect is pointless, because nobody is.

Just looking at that cover makes me cringe already

>Grimes is primarily a music producer (the contemporary studio equivalent of a music composer) and not a trained vocalist - the singing comes extra.
What's she doing singing then, if her primary occupation is being a music producer? By the way, I'm well aware of what a music producer does.
>Plus there's a reason why so many performers rely on overdubbing or even auto-tune in live performance situations - because it doesn't sound perfect.
So, every live performance should be perfect? That would mean that no human should perform music live. Singing out of tune is not something a musician should be praised for and it's definitely not something that should be excused. If you're performing music live your job is to make people have a good time. Playing songs exactly the way the were recorded in the studio is not what live music is about. And most contemporary music is impossible to be performed live - you have to have a track playing in the background a fake it all. Dancing on stage and jumping affects your diaphragm, rendering your voice almost 50% weaker than it is and in some cases worthless at all.
>There's also a reason why professional singers hate singing in the morning or right after having woken up (both the case for her in this performance, if you payed attention to the interview bits.) Calling someone out for not being perfect is pointless, because nobody is.
I didn't call anyone perfect in my post. Here are some examples of great live performances:
youtube.com/watch?v=yJ-9IBZaydQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XHsnZT7Z2yQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mzdJaZIqPAI
youtube.com/watch?v=wqp71DOJ3aY
Sarah Vaughan had a cold that day and she still sang pretty well in my opinion. Zappa was the most notable example of what I'm talking about - every single live performance was different and that's why bootlegs of his concerts were so popular and why there are so many of them.

My post reached a character limit. I hope you now understand what live performance should be about.

Sounds like she uses digital crutches to mask her lack of talent, but it's fine because she has you to make excuses for it.

>Skinny
>Hairy-pits
>ADHD
>Autism
>Greasy
>Disgusting hair
>Uni-Brow
>Shit music
>Cancerous fans
>Wannabe Chink
>Ugly
>Lisp

Grease List v1

>generic pop that people only find acceptable to like because it's underground

oh you know like anco, panda bear, and lots of Cred Forumscore

>She also mentioned her love of Stravinsky and yet she makes pop music.
Well, it's not ordinary pop music, and a lot of her earlier work is certainly not pop (Shadout Mapes and Omega for instance).

You don't get the artist Grimes: she loves pop and experimental music. She likes a good groove so she doesn't obfuscates her music behind "muh experimental" for the sake of it like so many posers. She did the best thing of these worlds: she embedded experimental elements into a pop template. She wants her music to be heard by many people, not by an "elite" few. She could make non stop experimental music if she wanted, like this improvised rare piece: youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI

>to mask her lack of talent
When you make such great songs you don't need any digital crutches. Her songs stands out even as acoustic versions. Listen to this acoustic cover of Oblivion: youtube.com/watch?v=0SuYh9d_uBs

The core of the song is very well built, like it or not. And speaking of talent, when Grime could make music that affects millions of people without knowing music theory, that's a clear sign of talent.

>Talent definition, a special natural ability or aptitude: a talent for drawing

Some of the best artists were weak singers (Dylan, Cohen, Cobain, Reed, etc). Get over yourself, singing shouldn't be perfect, it's about the emotions that are transmitted through singing. In fact the imperfections makes it stand out. And Grimes is actually a very versatile singer with a quite big range and a beautiful voice. Proof (it was performed live): youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4

Grimes is mainly a producer-songwriter and the singing is extra. She sings because nobody wanted to sing her tunes when she started her project, so she had to get that job.

>You don't get the artist Grimes: she loves pop and experimental music.
This is how progressive rock and Canterbury scene started. Here's a clip from a documentary where Robert Wyatt and Richard Coughlan talk about their stance on pop music and how it helped them develop a new genre and their own music:
youtu.be/lZ8zYI6ZQGI?t=2m25s
Although the were influenced by pop music, they didn't just play mere pop music.
>She likes a good groove so she doesn't obfuscates her music behind "muh experimental" for the sake of it like so many posers.
Using ''muh'' as an argument... No.
>She wants her music to be heard by many people, not by an "elite" few.
That would inherently exclude pop music. Again, if you're making music for the sole purpose of it being liked by as many people as possible - you're then devoided of experimentation, because you have to make something neutral, acceptable, ordinary, familiar sounding and more or less formulaic.
>She could make non stop experimental music if she wanted, like this improvised rare piece: youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI
All of the artists I've mentioned in my previous post: perfectly demonstrate my point. Their live performances were always different, their audiences got to hear something unique every time and they did it all the time - they had no desire to play songs the same way twice, hence they always had different live versions of their material.

>Some of the best artists were weak singers (Dylan, Cohen, Cobain, Reed, etc). Get over yourself, singing shouldn't be perfect, it's about the emotions that are transmitted through singing. In fact the imperfections makes it stand out.
And again, in neither of my posts did I claim any musician or human for that matter is perfect. Here's what I said:
>So, every live performance should be perfect? That would mean that no human should perform music live.
But I guess it was too convenient to ignore that.

>Around the 20 minute mark... She's clearly singing out of tune for a good 10 seconds and there are people in the comment section defending her.
And 10 seconds from a whole performance makes her whole performance worthless, you pathetic elitist? What if she doesn't care about being a perfect singer?

Please refer to:

>What's she doing singing then, if her primary occupation is being a music producer?
She couldn't find anyone else crazy/talented enough to pull off the sort of singing/performing she likes to dream up. It's well documented in her interviews.

>If you're performing music live your job is to make people have a good time.
Yes - whether or not someone seems to be singing in someone else's vaguely defined definition of the right key or not - see Joy Division for example.

Honey, I'm a professional classical musician and singer who performs between 3 and 7 times every week. My knowledge of the practical problems of performance is based on personal experience - not having watched videos of others. Especially not your precious Frank Zappa.

Yes. One of her most admirable traits as a professional musician is how she has managed to sculpt the process of actually making/performing her own music around her physical limitations. It's extremely inspiring - and absolutely nothing for her to be ashamed of.

Oh, yes - a clasically trained musician defending Grimes. You're back I guess. I'm done.

that chart is cancer

>That would inherently exclude pop music. Again, if you're making music for the sole purpose of it being liked by as many people as possible - you're then devoided of experimentation, because you have to make something neutral, acceptable, ordinary, familiar sounding and more or less formulaic.
My point is that she could make ONLY experimental music easily, but it wouldn't reach the masses. She loves pop music too, so she did the most clever thing: pop with experimental elements. The pop is good to lure the clueless masses and then they're hit with the experimental elements. That's why she's so appreciated even by many people that hate pop music: this is the best kind of pop, that in a parallel universe it would be #1 everywhere.

Some folks dismiss her music as generic pop but forget that nobody else is doing this kind of music (I mean the whole range of her discography), so her music isn't generic.

>Skinny
>Hairy-pits
>ADHD
>Autism
>Greasy
>Disgusting hair
>Uni-Brow
>Shit music
>Cancerous fans
>Wannabe Chink
>Ugly
>Lisp

Grease List v1.1

Oh, the professional classical musician. Good to see you back. You're the best user on /grimes/.

Shitty modern pop music with a slight quirkiness

Cancerous opinion. All style, no substance.

As a personal preference I like my faux-traps to have some refined quirk.

And FYI grimes is post-modern pop because she has finished modern music as we know it.

I just don't like her aside from some songs off "visions", that's about it.

medieval warfare

Shemake shits songs

I thought the same, but then I started listening more to her music. It grew on me a lot. Now I think unironically that she's the best thing music has to offer in this decade so far.

>Tedy Andreas
Holy shit he's going all out.

Haha nice

>Their live performances were always different, their audiences got to hear something unique every time and they did it all the time
user, you do realize that the very link you originally posted youtu.be/FJ5XUw4qHZo features Grimes performing heavily improvised on the spot versions of her songs... 'cuz if not, then you're just illustrating how little you actually know of her music.

You should ask Grimes why she makes awful music, not us.

Musically, like musicianship-wise, she's not exactly an excellent musician.
However, she's been hugely influential already on pop music and popular culture and her stuff is at least pleasant.

It's been a while since I listened to her so I don't know whether or not she's complete trash as regards an approach to recorded music with respect to getting a concept across - which has been the main target of most record based produce since albums became a thing (and is why a slow a steady crossover between the entertainment media and art-making has been happening since the 60s).

I dunno, I'll listen to her again before the next one of these threads pops up and give a nice, wordy answer.

Nah, Fantano is a hack with nothing relevant or insightful to say about music.

A bit like Grimes fans, come to think of it.

Just shut up dude seriously you guys just make the same jokes over and over again it's pathetic it really is yiu can't come up with a good argument against grimea you just can't she makes good music and she has a lot of talent you're just hating because you want to be a troll

>grimea
grimea a river... no one is shitting on her intelligently (not that I think someone being shit calls for extended reasoning) most like her but simply think she just isn't as above average as hyped, but if that passes as trolling then you sort of deserve every bit of it.

The only general on Cred Forums guaranteed to respond to trolls/bait.

This
>she just isn't as above average as hyped
I stopped listening to Grimes, not because she's terrible but, because she's not particularly noteworthy.
She's just a generic pop act who looks weird so people have imbued her with "she's so talented because she dresses abnormally and has a wide nose". Being twee isn't worthy of celebration.

She's just a Bieber for male virgin dorks and self-conscious girls in their early-mid 20s.
She's alright, but she's not anything special.

There are quite a few people working in music that I can argue in all sorts of directions like Tim Hecker, Julia Holter, Kool AD, Aesop Rock, Wolves in the Throne Room, et.c.
They're all communicating ideas through music to varying degrees and are all worthy of discussion. However, Grimes doesn't really do that. she just makes music geared for aestheticism, which is completely bourgeois. There's no depth to her, she's just a pixie girl making derivative pop music. That's fine, of course, I have all of her stuff right here beside me - it's not a sin to like-dislike it... But she's not some great creative genius, she's just a person with an image and a record deal.

Actually I can do better, and all I do is find samples and put a nice hiphop/trap beat on it that is the same as what she does basically. I look like fucking JDilla and Nujabes love child compared to her.

Grimes or Tedy Andreas? Who is better.

I've yet to hear a Grimes song without a generic and boring pop beat, laid with all sorts of dull electronic sounds, and her stupid weaboo vocals on top. If you slipped some of the shit posted in the Soundcloud threads into a Grimes playlist, I wouldn't notice.
She's shit. Her music is shit. IDGAF what her "influences" are, how "eclectic" or "versatile" she is. It's generic shit music. Possibly more appropriate for a dance club than the radio, sure. Doesn't make it any better.

B8

Shut up, you know nothing about good music. Anyone with a decent taste likes her.

Fuck you, anyone who worships Grimes is a fucking retard. Her music is boring. Some unusual sound effects on a generic beat aren't enough to impress me.

>Her music is boring.
Fuck you. Ask yourself if you're pleb if you're unable to get into her wonderful music.

Fuck you. Her music is boring and you sound like the sort who praised Gaga for being a visionary, you fucking rabies dog

I don't care about Gaga, you nincompoop. Grimes is an incredibly talented musician and all this discussion proves that she's notable enough to be considered among the greats. All great artists are controversial. If she would be truly mediocre there wouldn't be such discussion. Fact.

Your hatred can't change the fact that she's considered great by me, her fans, many other music listeners and critics. Stay deluded, fooool.

>controversial
The ONLY controversial thing about her is that her fucking Cred Forums-based cult is triggering the rest of the board.

She's addicted to amphetamines.

Her voice and music videos make me want to molest her just to make her feel pain.

>The ONLY controversial thing about her is that her fucking Cred Forums-based cult is triggering the rest of the board.
>implying you all faggots are easily triggered autists
Wrong. You (and the rest of Cred Forums) aren't triggered ONLY by her cult, but by her actual music, image and plain existence. You insulted HER most of the time, not her fanbase. You have a big problem with the artist Grimes.

>You insulted HER most of the time
No, I insulted her MUSIC and her rabid FANBASE. I don't give a fuck about her as a person. She seems decent enough.

>I don't give a fuck about her as a person.
There lots of assholes here that insulted her as a person. On a music board. Most of you Grimes haters are miserable douchebags that deserve to be beaten irl.

I'm not one of them. I just think her music is generic and not noteworthy in any way. I don't care about Grimes as a person. She can be Mother Theresa for all I care.

>By the way, having a love for music doesn't inherently equate to your music being loved by other people
the only place where I've ever encountered people who hate her music is here on Cred Forums and by contrarian hipster faggots who only listen to indie rock.

reaaaally makes you think.

She is only popular because le quirky indie female, but if she were a man nobody would give a shit about her or her music.

That's fair enough. I don't have a problem with that opinion.

That's right. How come she's so beloved everywhere else but not on Cred Forums (except her fanbase here)? It really makes you think about what kind of people are lurking in this cesspool...

Poor argument. She was born female, it's not something she had to choose. There are lots of "le quirky indie female" artists (the internet is bursting with them; 3 random examples; FKA Twigs, Aurora, Banks), but why they're not discussed as much as Grimes? The answer is very simple: their music isn't as great/exciting as Grimes' music.

philosophy.lander.edu/logic/popular.html

Pffft.
>T-they pointed out that I'm a contrarian douchebag!
>I know, I'll parrot what I see people do on Facebook by declaring fallacies being made as if that's even an argument!
>Haha, pwnz0rd dumb grimesfag!!

You can split the hair in 4 for every damn sentence. This is a music board, not the freaking philosophy board.

Girls can't make music

It's simple.

The contrarian faggots when they have no arguments, they spit out invented fallacies. If you would analyze their own texts you'd see they embraced the same supposed fallacies.

The pol board is here . GTFO and take your awful opinions with you.

what up KEK BOYYYYYYY

>Cred Forums not knowing how the burden of proof works
as usual
would any grimes fans like to describe why they like her music?

>using kek in 2016
Are you 12?

>OMG it's [current year]
C U C K

Why do people like Grimes?

Why wasting time for something you would dismiss immediately? Give us just one reason to write that.

>>Cred Forums not knowing how the burden of proof works
The burden of proof lies on you, haters. You're the edgy contrarians (the minority), you must prove why do you think she's bad.

>using cuck in 2016
Are you 6?

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S67678837#p67691629

Ad hominem shite

no, I would genuinely listen to what you have to say, I haven't understood the appeal from my attempts to listen to her

It's cancerous fags like you that make people hold Grimes in a negative light. She's not terrible, but she sin't amazing either. After all, you do have to admit it sounds like generic pop very often. And generic pop is beyond bad, almost unbearable.

The reason why people tend to back away form her music is because fags like yourself hold her up as you waifu/goddess and spam her on this site. Remember, this is Cred Forums the place where at least someone will shit on your taste no matter what. So stop being butthurt about your waifu being disliked and learn to like something without chastising those that don't like it. Basic steps to avoid being part of a cancerous fan base

>She's not terrible, but she sin't amazing either.
You took that out of your ass? How could you measure her amazingness? Based on what facts?

>>Wannabe Chink
that doesnt even make sense

>I stopped listening to Grimes
Yet you still feel the need to talk about her music. Pray tell - why do you think that is?

>Actually I can do better
Lol

Even worse, he >68237432 stopped listening to her music because "she not particularily notheworthy". A clear case of a poser hipster of the worst kind.

>he believes that

Well, her records are all inconsistent, some are ok and some are downright rehashes of her other songs. The vast majority of her tracks sound like the same song over and over again. Besides, you have got to accept that Grimes is all about appearance, she pays more attention to her image and her videos rather than create more meaningful pieces. Also, you can sense that she is trying to imitate japanese dream pop, but it sounds so underwhelming. I honestly can't enjoy Grimes just by listening to the song, it gets very boring very quick. Also, she focuses on singles instead of albums, which decreases her music's quality imo

Of course, keep in mind taste is completely subjective so there's not way to prove either of us right. You still seem like a butthurt fan though

Even worse, he stopped listening to her music because "she not particularily notheworthy". A clear case of a poser hipster of the worst kind.

>I've yet to hear a Grimes song without a generic and boring pop beat
>Openly admitting you haven't listened to the bulk of an artist's discography whose music you are attempting to critize

Is that a surprise? Most Grimes-trolls are fools, they criticize something they don't know.

>writing all that bollocks
Are you sure you're not trolling?

QUADS PROVES THIS TRUE

/thread

>writing all that bollocks

Well, if I'm just writing bullshit, why don't you prove me wrong user?

Grimes hatees can't come up with good arguments lmaoooo

Just say you can't enjoy her music. No need to write all that extra drivel.

Especially this part is absolutely absurd and it makes me question if you really listened to her music:
>The vast majority of her tracks sound like the same song over and over again.

Not even one decent argument. That's sad.

Overall, the Grimes fans won the battle once again.