Listens to rubber soul once

>listens to rubber soul once

>listens to Be My Baby 1500 times

>listens to mr tambourine man once

>listens to pet sounds once

>listens to sgt. pepper once

Sad but strong kek

I dont get why people say rubber soul was inspired by pet sounds, it sounds nothing like it. Is it just an ancient meme?

because it literally was
brian said so himself

still doesnt sound inspired by it.

>implying inspiration is measured in sonic resemblance
Also it's the other way around you dip

it was inspired by rubber soul in that rubber soul inspired brian to set out to make the "perfect album"

there is zero musical influence to speak of

it's the other way around, pet sounds was inspired by rubber soul. specifically i think Brian was inspired to make an album that was a cohesive whole, without throw away filler songs.

>tfw brian's favorite beach boys album is summer days and summer nights

have we been falling for a meme this whole time

>For Pet Sounds, Wilson desired to make "a complete statement", similar to what he believed the Beatles had done with their newest album Rubber Soul (December 1965).[34][nb 8] Wilson was immediately enamored with the album, given the impression that it had no filler tracks, a feature that was mostly unheard of at a time when 45 rpm singles were considered more noteworthy than full-length LPs.[40][41] Many albums up until the late-1960s lacked a cohesive artistic goal and were largely used to sell singles at a higher price point.[40][nb 9] Wilson found that Rubber Soul subverted this by having a wholly consistent thread of music.[40][41][nb 10] Inspired, he rushed to his wife and proclaimed, "Marilyn, I'm gonna make the greatest album! The greatest rock album ever made!"[44]

i heard his favorite was Love You

pardon me for offending your petting sounds album gentlemen, ill be on my way

i found the summer days and summer nights answer on his website

>title track has no pet sounds
>actual pet sounds are on proceeding track
MADMAN

brian's taste is honestly not great

like, the US release of rubber soul blows and is loaded with filler but he thinks it's the best album of all time. anything after 1967 may as well not exist in his mind.

I saw an interview where the interviewer asked him about the making pet sounds and he just kind of unenthusiastically answered. Like "oh pet sounds? yeaa we made those songs blah blah blah" and so on

He's listed Love You, Summer Days, Friends, Pet Sounds, Carl and the Passion, and Holland all as his favorite. It changes practically every day.

>the US release of rubber soul blows

DELET

capitol rubber soul > parlophone rubber soul

>the US release of rubber soul blows
That's a funny way of saying "is superior to the original"

>no What Goes On
user, that makes it better

Now these are some truly stupid opinions

Go away, plebs.

The only advantage the US version has over the UK version is that it lacks the dumpster fire that is What Goes On.

Nowhere Man instantly puts the UK version heads and shoulders above the US version, plus it has 2 more tracks than the US version.

us version has i've just seen a face, which is their best song tbqh

>I discuss music with these retards
it's honestly getting harder coming back to this place

Keep in mind that modern day Brian Wilson=/=1960s Brian Wilson. He obviously struggles from severe memory and mental issues, due to insane drug use for decades and old age

underrated

literally me

.....huh?

Rubber Soul inspired Pet Sounds which inspired Sgt. Peppers which inspired Smile and then Brian went crazy and The Beatles kept being amazing.

>The greatest rock album ever made!

>makes baroque pop album instead

Couldn't even get that right.

lmao