The entire album is mostly shreiking

>the entire album is mostly shreiking
How do people enjoy this?

Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away) is so good bruh

It's called deaftones for a reason

It's exclusively for deaf people

The shrieking causes vibrations that they can "hear", it's not meant for people with functioning ears

Why can't you appreciate shrieking?

It just sounds edgy imo. Is there something I'm not getting?

>Is there something I'm not getting?
laid

Listen to more Chino vocals and you will know why this is appreciated so much

I like it. I think Chino executed his shrieks well, and they express the angst and any distraught feelings caught up in the music well enough. The contrast between the screaming and his smooth sining voice is the best though.

Before this I listened to White Pony and loved it. New to deftones as you can tell

>he thinks music is only for enjoying

So is there a thin line where loud, angsty vocals go from good to shit? Or should I not take it at face value. It is music, after all.

I can't tell you what to enjoy and what not to, at the end of the day it's nothing we can change. Maybe if you listen to the rest of Deftone's discography you'll start to appreciate his "shrieking" (Koi No Yokan is a personal favorite but Diamond Eyes, though mainstream, showcases Chino's best of vocals IMO)

Ok, I'll do that. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Hey fuck you man

>tfw god moves his tongue

What about Mascara? I've always loved that song, apparently it was Chino's favourite.

>shreiking
Its called screaming. Deftones come from a metal background, and were mostly screaming to start with, and some clean singing thrown in. They were some of the first to really do both.

Sadly they lost all their metal elements and ended up becoming completely clean singing, and turned into a dream pop shit band.

>How do people enjoy this?
The same way people enjoy all metal music that is completely screaming. They enjoy brutality rather than melody or beauty. They want blast beats, 3 guitars at maximum volume and distortion, and someone screaming, all at the same time, because its the most brutal sound there is in music.

Self titled was their last decent album.

I'm surprised you don't enjoy Diamond Eyes if you're a fan of Deftones' heavier side.

Try some glassjaw, it feels like a more evloved version of deftones early stuff

Deftones doesn't have a self titled album dumbass
>Sadly they lost all their metal elements and ended up becoming completely clean singing, and turned into a dream pop shit band.

dont even think you've listened to any of their new material

2003tones bestones

>Deftones doesn't have a self titled album

And you're calling me a dumbass. funny