Albums that could have been amazing but are just kind of whatever

Albums that could have been amazing but are just kind of whatever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y9Mse62NFl4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My thoughts exactly mate. I liked mule variations a lot more. Like hes good but this certainly was not his best.

His best work was in the 90s.

honestly I find Tom Waits and any 'literary' type music so fucking boring.

What do you mean by this?

his 70's stuff is actually quite good

Martha is the most amazing song to be sung by a 23 year old
youtube.com/watch?v=y9Mse62NFl4

he just catches that feeling of regret of longing for a girl you're pretty sure you could have gotten if you had just played your cards right

it's such a great song about opportunities lost that it's hard to believe someone so young wrote it

Rain Dogs has Waits be all in control - yeah, there are different things on the album sides to get and all that - it's really an incredible album - the whole ride from Singapore to Tanto 'Till They're Sore is incredible - no lies, that's my all time favorite for 5 first tracks of an LP and whatever shit that wants to challenge that perfection has their work cut our for them

But I can totally get along with OP's shit, because the album gets worse after having the greatest opening 5 ever!

Yeah, shit's 18 tracks in total and several of them suck ass: Big Black Mariah, Hang Down Your Head, Time, Rain Dogs, Bride of Rain Dog, Midtown.

So many poor tracks - Rain Dogs LP is so strong on A-side making itself the best album ever made, it's an embarrasment who bad the B-side is in comparison - especially when it gets to end like winners like Downtown and Anywhere I Lay My Head. x_x

how could find Waits' rendition of Martha to be boring - I think it's easily the greatest example of growing old with regrets - yeah, the way the song plays out is boring, but it's the most touching real thing that so many people getting to middle-age identify with that it's an incredible peace of work for someone so young

the older I get, the more I identify with that damn song

9th and Hennepin is honestly my favorite.

>Yeah, shit's 18 tracks in total and several of them suck ass: Big Black Mariah, Hang Down Your Head, Time, Rain Dogs, Bride of Rain Dog, Midtown.
You have fucking garbage taste.

it's just boring. like listening to some guy recite Beat poetry or stories about sailors and shit. I don't give a fuck.

it sounds like you've never listened to tom waits
i have no idea how you'd get the impression that his music is 'literary'

>time
>not the best song
Holy Shit

It's cool man he's not for everyone

there has to be a really limited group of people who really get the full value of time, right?

Like, I won't rag on anyone who that song really speaks to - but it has to be a pretty small group of the whole audience- like all the glory to anyone who really feels a Tom Waits song - I got nothing against someone really feeling all that shit - Tom's so great when just speaks to you

totally. honestly there was no good reason for me to say my piece there. makes no difference.

like, if you feel like getting emotional over a Tom Waits closer, there is Small Change...

There's Small Change Got Rained On With His Own 38, followed by I Can't Wait to Get Off Work (And See My Baby On Montgomery Avenue]]

I disagree with OP. Rain Dogs is my favorite Waits album, and I think it's perfect from start to finish.

Of course the immortal Step Right Op is an undying classic....

It turns a SANDWICH into a BANQUET

It's EFFECTIVE, it's DEFFECTIVE

You got it buddy,
the LARGE print giveth
the SMALL print taketh away

The piano has been drinking

the piano has been drinking

not me

not me

high good to bad ratio definitely but come on there aren't many albums with that many good songs

Are you people fucking insane??
This

whats that supposed to mean