Spend whole life thinking Nirvana is normie shit. Never understand why people love them so much

>Spend whole life thinking Nirvana is normie shit. Never understand why people love them so much.

>Find this album.

The wasted years...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IGqtzy_JCr0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nevermind and in utero were mistakes

In Utero had potential. But he had to shit it up with crap like Rape Me baka.

Your opinion is a mistake

>But he had to shit it up with crap like Rape Me
What's wrong with it?

Just imagine a world where Nirvana weren't as famous as they were. They'd be as big of memes as Neutral milk hotel and death grips.

>> In Utero
>> Mistake

ok

nirvana, pearl jam, and stone temple pilots were all responsible for the death of grunge. not that it was ever that great but at least it had some attitude before they gave it a radio friendly sound. even cobain hated shit like smells like teen spirit.

but they're famous precisely because they cultivated a very accessible sound that still contained enough elements of grunge to inspire edgelord poseurs everywhere

rape me was the first song to appeal to my edges

If by Nirvana being responsible for the death of grunge you mean Kurt Cobain's death being responsible.

When he died every music label signed a shit ton of terrible post-grunge bands in an attempt to be the next Nirvana.

Rape me is a good song.

>tfw never listened to Jandek cause thought it was a meme
>imagined his fans were all pretentious douchebags thanks to Kurt
>gave it a try years later and so much of it is god tier it's ridiculous

nu-metal like limp bizkit put the final nail into the 90's american alternative rock scene's coffin.

Nirvana were always pretty direct in their appeal

I was born in 1976, so I was all about Nevermind when it came out and it spoke to us like a motherfucker

Yeah, we could have listened to the Pixies or Meat Puppets or whatever, but we hadn't heard of any of that shit - Nirvana proposed a cool parallel world to the R.E.M. we were listening to.

Nevermind opened so many doors - it certainly got me digging Sonic Youth - I'm pretty sure a lot of "avant-garde" kids kot hooked on Nevermind to swiftly move on to digging Sonic Youth's Dirty.

So now someone is presenting Incesticide on Cred Forums trying to get mutants hooked on something.

There is nothing to gain here - it's a shit album. I'm sorry but there is no hidden greatness about Incesticide on any level - please look elsewhere.

Buh, they are easily more influential than those hobos - just look at similar threads for Dirty

But I like Kurt's voice on that album. It's the most straining, rough sounding vocal delivery I've ever heard yet he still manages to make it sound good. Also, the vaselines covers are great.

Rape me isn't so bad Imo, it's an anti rape song but from a different perspective.

Incesticide is Nirvana's worst album because shit songs like Stain, Meixcan Seafood, and all that other awful faux-Melvins shit drag down the good songs like Dive, Been a Son, Sliver, Molly's Lips, Turnaround and Aneurysm.

But anyway, here's the objective Nirvana album ranking despite what teenage edgelords say about Nevermind:

>In Utero > Nevermind > Bleach > Incesticide

This is fact (Cannot be disputed.)

Bleach>Incesticide>In Utero>Nevermind

see

That's what you get for talking shit and not listening to me. I always tell people, No normies are listening to Beezwax or Hairspray Queen, fuckers.

>Mexican Seafood over Drain You
>Floyd The Barber over Breed
>Scoff over In Bloom
>Stain over Serve the Servants
>Mr Mustache over Pennyroyal Tea
>Hairspray Queen over Heart Shaped Box

mama mia

Not the guy that said that but I will say Breed and Pennyroyal Tea are not their best tunes. Especially Pennyoyal Tea. I assume he means as a whole though.

>comparing a compilation of bsides to studio albums

>Mexican Seafood
>Shit

What are you on?

Tb h, I would take Mr. Moustache over pennyroyal tea.

well, it technically does sound like shit. i like it though.

I think you mean it sounds... Grungy HEUHEUHEUHUEEHDFUEWHUHWUH

stop posting here with your fucking embarrassing opinions

Sounds like you're now just a normie shit yourself.

He only pretended to hate it to seem like a try hard badass to the mainstream music industry.

THIS. will never be normie shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=IGqtzy_JCr0

>Mexican Seafood
>shit

leave son