Name a better hip hop album you son of a bitch

Name a better hip hop album you son of a bitch

Would it really fall under hip-hop though?

>implying BIG wasn't post hip hop

Don't be dumb.

I can't. That's the best one. I can give you the runner up though

any of the first 4 De La Soul albums

2ez

why Stakes is High?

because anything they made after that isn't as good

the new record is ok I guess

was bout to post this.

If Prince Paul had never produced for them they would've been a flash in a pan

And here's the runner up

Illmatic
Liquid Swords
36 Chambers
Madvillainy
The Cold Vein
Aquemini

i guess what i'm saying is i don't like Stakes is High either.
cryptic De La was way better than anything that came after.

>le breathy flow man

you're alright there OP sounds like he's having an asthma attack every verse

maybe

but he did produce for them

so there

also Stakes Is High wasn't produced by Prince Paul - and it's very good

atrocity exhibition has better lyrics, is more experimental and has next level beats FACTS

De La were at their best on their first 2 records for sure but Buhloone Mind State and Stakes Is High are both fantastic in their own right

de la are the best classic hip-hop group/artist and there's not many that even come close, just take Nas for example - illmatic is garbage - De La were way ahead of that shit way back in 89

nobody cares though,

Different strokes, I guess. I found Stakes is High to be mediocre

yeah it's not as good as their other records agreed, they're definitely indebted to PP, however trugoy and posdnuos are fantastic rappers

Buhloone Mindstate might actually be my favorite De La record.

definitely has the best verses, and pos is lyrically on point

>ITT: Dadrap

Every time

BIG is overrated and people only like him because he died.

Fuck off

facts

True, but I think Ready to Die was his 'actually good' magnum opus.

anything MF Doom

T H I S
H
I
S

I like RTD, but it kinda pales in comparison

Not better but damn close. Seriously if you haven't listened to this album yet wtf are you doing

not even top 50 for me

They're good, but I'd never place them anywhere near even a top 50 rappers list
Or because he had the greatest flow in hip hop history

EmInEm - My name is

Nigga not that's not even an album what is wrong with your head

Yeah darth vader on the mic y'all *breathes*

pretty sure this, illmatic, and 36 chambers are the best hip hop albums of all time because they're unique in their own way and havent been replicated. Albums like liquid swords or lifestyles are good but there's dozens of other albums that sound just like it.

Not even joking one bit

>Big L - Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous
>Black Moon - Enta Da Stage
>Smif-n-Wessun - Dah Shinin'
>AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted
>The Infamous
>Scarface - The Diary
>Deltron 3030
>The Chronic
>Doggystyle
>The Low End Theory
>Enter the 36 Chambers
>Liquid Swords
>Stankonia
>
Overrated sure, but Ready To Die was pretty amazing. Now Life After Death, that's the definition of an overrated piece of shit.
How is Ready To Die unique?

Do hip-hop fans not listen to newer music or something? Like every time people talk about the best hip hop its usually just a discussion on old school stuff. Not saying they're bad or anything, just wanna know whats up with this.

>nigger music
ok

some of it is the narrow thinking that canonization promotes (which you see in other genres besides rap), and some of it is backlash against more modern rap styles, especially as Southern rap becomes more prominent throughout the 2000s.

either way here's a GOAT rap album from 2002.

My top 15 HH albums all time has 5 2010's albums in it. It's not a time thing, just a lot of the greatest albums came out of hip hop in the 90's

Like this album, right?

Wow, thanks for such a clear/reasonable answer. I'll check out that album

>It's not a time thing, just a lot of the greatest albums came out of hip hop in the 90's
This is sorta understandable, but the ratio of new/old is way off to the point where it basically is a time thing. How many newer albums are there even in this thread?

that's from 2005, so even better.

right now the most recent album i feel comfortable calling a classic is Flockaveli, although there's a few from 2014/15 that i'm confident in.

Yep, the pinnacle of southern hip hop in the mainstream. And then Hell Hath No Fury just a year after? Shiittt Gucci was killin it too. TPAB was an instant classic for me, as well as pic related and Shabazz Palaces's Black Up

There you go.

Honestly I never I understood the hype behind life after death, it had so much filler and after listening to Ready to Die first I was so disappointed.

PiƱata is so good, now that he has been declared innocent I hope he can release more music without any backlash

Pinata doesn't do anything for me, but TPAB and Black Up are definitely shoo-ins for a best of the 2010s.

first things that come to mind for me are DS2 and The Luca Brasi Story.

So much better

Have you listened to Drankin & Drivin? AOTY contender for me, one of Z-Ro's best albums for sure

Do rock fans not listen to newer music or something? Like very time people talk about the best rock its usually just a discussion on old school stuff. Not saying they're bad or anything, just wanna know whats up with this.

here you go OP

i haven't, but i'll check it out ASAP, thanks.

Are you implying I listen to a lot of rock music, that rock music is the same and I'm dumb for questioning hip-hop specifically, or are you just rewording for the joke? I can't figure out what the subtext to this is.

True. It would be incredible if he made a diss track to the bitch that accused her haha
I can't stand Kevin Gates but DS2 is one of the best trap albums with Rodeo and Barter 6

>listening to Ready to Die
>recording of Biggie getting a BJ comes on

Why did he have to put ti in there?

Fuck odldf cunt

are you fucking serious?