I need more melancholic minimalist folk with qt female vocals, similar to pic related and Vashti Bunyan...

I need more melancholic minimalist folk with qt female vocals, similar to pic related and Vashti Bunyan. Is there any more like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fDQvbu-DI-w
youtube.com/watch?v=oGIT_QhTmys
youtube.com/watch?v=nzDaUrOf7WQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>babby's first meme semi-obscure folk album
lol, Cred Forums. Just lol.

We made this chart a little while ago. Not all of it is minimalist, but you can get some solid recs from it.

Could try some Chelsea Wolfe. Her acoustic album is great along with Apokalypsis. She also covered a Sibylle Baier song.
youtube.com/watch?v=fDQvbu-DI-w
youtube.com/watch?v=oGIT_QhTmys
youtube.com/watch?v=nzDaUrOf7WQ

Julien Baker - Sprained Ankle

not op but...
you're fucking ridiculous

oh wow somebody managed to trawl through the collections of a few select RYMers and proceeded to make a chart out of the results, neat wow interesting how informed
expound

Give me something better than, Mr Patrician

thanks for the cart
although I'm looking for stuff that sounds more specifically like Sibylle Baier or Vashti. For example I like Carole King, Grouper or Nico but they don't sound much like that

Why is this the go-to response for clueless bottom feeders? You honestly think somebody's going to give you an honest recommendation just because you're a fucking dunce?

>dunce

lel

thanks, this is really goood, exactly what I was looking for

>he spends his free time insulting people on the music board of Cred Forums

Diane cluck, Charalambides and Christina Carter's solo stuff

what were you going for here? are you confused?

If you're still here, why don't you educate us mere pedestrians to taste the light of your superior tastes and intellect

Yeah, good recs from this would be Anne Briggs, Linda Perhacs, Molly Drake, and Connie Converse.

Jessica Pratt - On Your Own Love Again

see

see

hahaha this is so pathetic
he's actually trying to brag about knowing more music

Connie Converse
Lau Nau (more layered but still pretty cool)
I can't think of any right now but there are some female blues and country gospel singers from the 1930's to 50's that are good

www.soundcloud.com/juntaro97/

Hi Elliott

I fucking hate you so much.

Your music isn't awful, but everything about you legitimately makes it seem like you're an awful, obnoxious human being.

How come? Explain.

First off you're shilling your shit in a thread for women's music, your incessant posting of your dumb face for no reason whatsoever, your apparent acceptance of people calling you out on your shit as if that makes it okay and the fucking audacity to want to charge people $8 for a collection of half assed demos. Everything about your "image" just reeks of narcissism, and you're not nearly talented enough to justify it.

I post my face in Soundcloud threads but then again so do many other people, I don't understand "your apparent acceptance of people calling you out on your shit" because I'm not really doing anything wrong, I'm having fun and sharing my music with people, it's a fucking /music/ board. I obviously know this is a thread for womens music, it was a joke, me posting here.

Want me to lower the price down? It was $6 before. You want a free copy? Is that what you're angry about? Literally go fuck yourself, you don't know me, you never will. Quit crying about me and move on.

This album fucking blows. After you've looked into more music and have a broader horizon you'll cringe at this piece of shit paint drier

Are you going to be a little bitch every time someone posts this

you happy man? you fucking happy now?

now literally go fuck yourself

Only way you can make that collection of trash worth something is to pay people to hear it.

i have. people like the music, they pay for it.

not the guy you are arguing with, but honestly it's annoying as fuck to see someone shill out their music into a thread that it clearly doesn't fit into. He specifically asked for minimalist folk with FEMALE VOCALS. I'm a musician as well, i understand you want people to hear it. But posting it in threads where it doesn't fit is fucking retarded