Change your name to appease the SJW overlords

>change your name to appease the SJW overlords
>still get cucked

Other urls found in this thread:

newamericamedia.org/2015/10/seattles-vietnamese-american-community-leads-protest-against-rock-band-named-viet-cong.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Right on

Thanks for sharing

>SJW overlords

I think this time it was actual vietnamese people picketing their shows, user.

how is 7.9 a bad score?

>harrowing
lmao indiefags

it is common knowledge that people who are of vietnamese origin are the 'sjw overlords'

So?

They don't get credit just for being a different race, that would be racism. It's still retarded

lol no it wasn't m8
it was some college douchebags like always

The Beatles are literally speciesist. They are culturally appropriating insects and traditional insect culture by stealing the identity of oppressed insect groups for their band name. This is disgusting. These poor creatures have been stepped on by the white man for far too long.

They get credit for being the race that was literally shot at by the communist regime though.

yeah look at all those middle-aged yellow slant-eyed college douchebags

newamericamedia.org/2015/10/seattles-vietnamese-american-community-leads-protest-against-rock-band-named-viet-cong.php

I mean don't get me wrong, I still think they're limp-wristed little bitches for changing their name, but don't start with that SJW boogeymen crap.

>harrowing
lmao, indiefags

>Seattle
everyone gets offended about everything up there.
protests in portland, seattle, san francisco aren't news

lmao true
We should just nuke the West Coast desu.

It's not but they got snuffed a BNM which can do a lot for a group regardless of how poor a site like pitchfork can be.

>They get credit for being the race that was literally shot at by the communist regime though.
No they don't. You don't get anything for being the same race as anything. They inherently have no association to the Viet Cong.

Even if that were true the band never alluded to the Viet Cong being a good thing.

What, are people not supposed to make music themeing bad things? Their second album themed schizophrenia, should we be picketing that too?

It's art, it's not real

>first line is "the artists formerly known as Viet Cong"
Please let that be the first line of every and any bit of writing about them until they change their name back, good lord

If Gang of Four were formed today and not in the 70s would they be forced to change their name?

>pop music
>art

>It's art, it's not real
it is real and it should stay real I think is what you mean to say

a punk band that changes their name to appease people is no punk band at all

people need to fucking grow up is the bottom line

yeah and they would too because they're lefties

>My family had to be displaced to another country after our grandparents got executed by the Viet Cong but I can't feel any way about it because user says so.

but didn't anthony give it an 8? thats still pretty good
tho I guess anthony only has power over hip hop and meme kids.

>harrowing
lmao indiefags

My father got hit by car, therefore nobody should ever make a song about being hit by a car

A lot of Overseas Chinese in Europe actually fled China before Mao became Chairman. Most of them come from Indonesia and the Philipoines

I too can go on stupid tangents user watch:

Your father ate rice.
Ho Chi Minh ate rice too.

So your thereby father is a communist mass murderer.

Now you see why this logic is fucking retarded I hope

It's a fucking band name

but you see what you've done there is put the total opposite logic into practice thereby proving to everyone here

that you're a fucking moron and don't understand the analogy

lmao @ high school debate club fighting over generic butt-indie

That makes no sense, you're supporting my argument if anything

The idea was that you can apply that argument to anything and this isn't a special scenario because it's race related.

Newsflash: the world is shitty and it's miraculously difficult to make something that doesn't allude to something bad in some way. They couldn't do that if they tried.

Yeah it's not like they just want to make a living playing music and were suffering financially by getting protested or dropped from shows or anything.

It's just a band name, it's not that important. Very few people outside of certain cesspools really care about SJWs or getting "cucked."

I was actually trying to prove that I'm not even gonna bother forming an actual argument to a self-absorbed manchild who wouldn't understand why a whole community of people in the United States would be offended by a band choosing their name after a political group that massacred a country.

If you can't really be empathic enough to understand why this wouldn't sit well with people then "well I'M not offended/well I wouldn't be offended" is the last argument you should be making.

I don't care about the music, I just want a reason to shitpost on the music board

They can be offended all they like, that doesn't mean they should try and stop it from existing

Or if they should then that isn't specific to the Viet Cong. Art alluding to bad things is completely ubiquitous.

Should people not write songs about cancer? Or killing people? Or doing drugs? Those are bad things that do damage to people, don't be a hypocrite

No because it hurts my feelings and is offensive. Music is a safe space for escapism from bad things in our lives.

>Joy Division should change their name cuz concentration camps
god, people are such pussies today.

Be the first of your friends to like Greek yogurt this summer

I'm gonna start a shoegaze/dream pop band called Nazi Germany, but nothing about our music will be actually related to it.

There's a billion and one examples of this, you'd think this wouldn't even be a debate on a board for music

People have been trying to censor music because their art was about something offensive for the past 100 years

They changed their name because they couldn't sell their record anywhere but Starbucks and Starbucks thought it was in poor taste

>They can be offended all they like, that doesn't mean they should try and stop it from existing

Yes, you're right about this. As I said before I too think Preoccupations are a bunch of wet tissues for changing their name.

But it's not a case about "well I'm not offended so why should they?," you can be privy as to why they're offended and picketed against the band without leaving your stance. This is on the vietnamese community, they're the ones who suffered through it.

I myself honestly just think there's a line between calling yourself "America deserved 9/11" or calling yourself "Crashing Planes."

Preoccupations coulda taken the "it's art" road I guess, but they understood that it's just easier not to fuck around too much on other people's eggshells when it means years and years of communist executions and deaths.

>This is on the vietnamese community, they're the ones who suffered through it.
This is on the Vietnamese people that were affected by the Viet Cong. Not all of Vietnamese people

Speaking of which. it wasn't just Vietnamese people. The US went to war with them you know, why haven't we banned MASH from national television? And its theme song "Suicide is Painless", suicide is a bad thing

>I myself honestly just think there's a line between calling yourself "America deserved 9/11" or calling yourself "Crashing Planes."
or 21 Pilots

If you don't like it then don't involve yourself with it. Don't try and stop other people from doing it.

>cucked
>>>/reddit/

>music
>art

7.9 is a really good score.
Also, generally a 9 or 10 is due to bias or a bribe and obviously 5 is average. Anything around 7-8 is typically amazing (as makes sense by the 1-10 scale) Also, on user-review scales the 10s are always shite and the best stuff is always in the 7s.

its the best score with 8.0, not overhyped bmn shit but not shit as well

>In a fast German car
>I'm amazed that I survived
>An airbag saved my life

simultaneous pitchfork internet defense soldiers

lol why would i defend p4k by saying that their ratings are shit

I didn't even know that was a pitchfork review, I just commented that 7.9 is a great score.
It's probably a higher score than the album deserves.