Life is ENTIRELY dependent on luck...

Life is ENTIRELY dependent on luck, where you're born and what genes are dulled out to you at conception is entirely based on luck, if you're born in a shity environment with good genes you'll have more opportunities to thrive in that environment than a person with bad genes in a bad environment, if you're born with good genes in a good environment you'll have more opportunities to thrive in that environment than a person with bad genes born in a good environment.

life is a fucking lottery.

Prove me wrong

Life is dependent on your perception of it and the way you choose to learn (or not learn) from the bullshit situations thrown at you.

Of course it's based on luck but you can increase your chances of being lucky by having some form of skill. Practice something you're passionate about and if you don't have a passion, just live long enough to find one. Most famous people didn't start gifted, they practiced.

Do you honestly believe that there is 0 opportunity for a man with bad genetics in a bad environment to have a good life?

Is it easier in a good environment? Yes. Are you a beta cuck? Yes, this is Cred Forums I need to insult you. But is life a lottery?

Well, no. Because a lottery is just as random regardless of who you are or what you do but life, you can actively change the result.

Come on user, whatever shit you're in, you can do it. Believe!

Yeah but luck is preparation meeting opportunity

Nigger that's just birth, what you do with it is determination and skill. Bill Clinton shat in an outhouse, and went on to get a blowjob from a decently fine chick.

If life is entirely dependent on luck, then no one ever earned anything they worked for. Go ahead and tell Mike Tyson he landed a billion lucky punches.

Don't get me wrong, luck is stupid huge, but it's not the whole game.

We have two people, bob and sam, bob was born a retard, sam was born with good genes, extremely intelligent, tall and healthy, they were both born in an environment that favored people who are not retarded and extremely unhealthy, neither decided where to be born and with what genes, it was strict luck.

sam became successful, bob died because he had shit genes.

did sam succeed because he worked harder than bob?

Speaking from experience life is about choices.

I came from a nice, middle classed home. My parents decently employed. Got good grades in school. Was a running start student so I had half of my AS finished before I graduated high school. I Had every opportunity to succeed. Yet I chose to hang out with the lower class. I chose to drink and smoke weed chronically. Let me get to the point here, though. I shot heroin for 5 years of my life. By choice. I love getting high. It wasn't genetics or luck that ended me up where I was, it was choice. The sooner you can accept that op and take some accountability you can fix yourself. Until then, keep on shit posting. Ill be here to remind you.

I'm always online.

and not extremely unhealthy*

Herein, our hero discards personal responsibility for her poor life choices and instead offloads all blame onto circumstances outside her control.

>luck roll fails

can you address?

learn how to legally steal from people

is there something you want to talk about user?

Resilience. Some people thrive despite everything being stacked against them, and shrug off all bad shit. While those without it can be born with great genes and good environment and never make anything of themselves because the slightest adversity breaks them.

Success is more persistence and ability to handle adversity than it is genes and environment (barring obvious things like Olympic level athletics where you NEED good genes on top of persistence)

By that logic it's nobodies fault they end up in prison or raping children.

It's a stupid way to look at the world and nobody can be consistent with it.

All your doing is rationalising why you're a bigger loser than almost everybody you knew at school, despite the fact that you were more intelligent than them.

Yeah, of course.

Bobs dead.
Mental retardation should have no place in this thread. They would of never made it into the control group. Op has obviously just hit a wall and is somebody who hurts themself way more than they want to admit.

Please reply with you're opinion on this

You don't decide where you're born and what genes you'll have, the environment in which you're born could be hostile to your set of genes or it could favor it, it is strictly dependent on luck, if a person becomes successful because they were born with genes that were favored by the environment that we just so happened to be born in(by chance) would it makes sense to say they became successful because they worked harder than someone who just so happened to be born with genes that weren't favored by the environment(a retard for example)?

I brought up retardation because it's an example of a set of genes not being favored by the environment.

The circumstances you describe do not control the outcome of a person's life. Also your words are hard to read. Organize your sentences better.

So in an environment that favored intelligence a person with an iq of 140 wouldn't be more likely to thrive in that environment than a person with an iq of 60?

lets sat we just so happened to be born in a box, and in this box there were buttons on the roof 7ft from the ground, there's nothing else there, i'm 6'5 and am able to reach these buttons, the other is 4ft and is unable to reach these buttons, when the buttons are pressed, food is released, lets assume we are too far away to share food, would you say i'm able to stay alive longer than you because i worked harder? or would this simply be the environment favoring sets of genes that produce tall individuals?

Lets say*

Life is more RNG than anything everything is so random even making the right decisions in life can still fuck you at any point you just weren't born with good rolls failed adventurer maybe take up wizardry and ascend the mortal plain which your consciousness is bound to

Now you're making up absurd hypothetical situations that have no relevance in the real world.

The issue with you and the rest of people who complain like you/see the world in this way is this: People are always looking to live above their means. You are dealt a hand. Do what you can with it. Why should it matter if someone else is dealt a better hand? Work with what you have and you will find happiness instead of searching for it and never finding it.

I can understand why you'd dislike the fact that life is entirely based on luck, if i was born poor, but eventually became rich after years of studying and experiencing lots of failure, i'd get pissed if someone told me i got lucky.

Certain sets of genes being favored by the environment has no relevance in the real world? why is it that most academics don't have extremely low iqs? why is it that most basketball players are tall?

I seriously hope you don't dispute the fact that the environment can favor certain sets of genes.

There's a good reason people aren't born in volcanoes.

No. A hypothetical situation where people are born in boxes and have to push buttons for food has no relevance in the real world.

Basketball players are generally tall because they were born tall and then decided to become basketball players. People who aren't born tall generally do things that aren't basketball. That's choice, not luck.

Sure, an environment can favor certain sets of genes. I don't disagree with that. I disagree with OP's assertion that "life is entirely dependent on luck". That's bullshit.

Ok, please give me a situation which you believe has nothing to do with luck

No can do. Luck is always a factor. Just not an all-powerful one.
I think you're trying to put words in my mouth. I never said luck doesn't matter at all...

>another loser tries to avoid responsibility for his life

kys

In any situation a person is in we can ask the question, "are they responsible for their birth"

If you're not responsible for the fact that you were born the person you were to the parents you were born to and in the environment in which you were born, then how much of your life isn't based on luck?

>tfw Cred Forums is too classy for you

That's not really an argument bud, but if it makes you feel in control of your life, go ahead.

That's still not the same as luck. The person who is born has pretty minimal control over the fact that they are born. Their parents do. Not luck.

Lol, but then we can ask, "did their parents choose to be born in the environment in which you were born and with the genes they were born with" did the parents choose not to be born with fatal diseases?

In which they*

I think most people dislike these ideas because they they suggest a lack of free will.

But they still made the choice to have sex and produce offspring. So the child being born is not luck.

You are trying to paint the entire universe with broad strokes of everything-is-completely-dependent-on-luck, and that is simply not the case. A few things are outside of our control. The rest we can change or adapt to.

>if it makes you feel in control of your life
>unable to conceive of being in control of your life

Seriously, kys.

But every situation leafing up to the the sex could've happened in an infinite number of ways,
did the two people about to have sex choose not to get shot by a robber? did they choose to be have sexual desires? did they choose to be born animals that have a desire to reproduce? did they choose to not suddenly die of heart attacks? did they choose to not get shot by stray bullets? did they choose to not be blind? did they choose to not have cancer?

They made choices that resulted in them not getting shot by a robber.
They chose to act on their sexual urges.
They chose to be healthy enough long enough to reproduce without having a heartattack.
etc...

I think the fundamental flaw here may be your definition of "luck". It sounds like you're attributing to luck anything that happens completely outside a person's control. That's messed up, but let's roll with it:

What about this (admittedly retarded) conversation we're having? You have full control over how you respond to me, but you have no control over how I respond back. Are all my posts just "luck" to you? What about the other way around?

''The eyes sees what it wants to see''

No it's not, God's just fucking with us by making fake poor people with no souls, aka niggers.

FUCK OFF

If genes are the most important fact then Hitler was right
Gas the kikes race war nao