Somebody give me a reason why this is not a simulation

There's no evidence that it is.

Because it's just a .jpg

Its not. WHO would be so stupid to believe it is
Who
Who

Your in your hypersphere user.
I woke up in mine once now "they're" trying to kill me

if we don't have free will, then I am a robot programmed to wonder whether free will exists or not

And that is way too cruel a joke

what simulation ?

Not a very good reason. If it's so stupid give me a simple reason why that's retarded and impossible

Ever wonder where your mind is

Prediction: faggots will start appealing to dualism while having never read (nor even hear of) Gilbert Ryle.

I'm not saying it is a simulation but the reality around you

i just hope humanity will survive long enough to make it out of this computer simulation

No one has a good reason? Give me one before thread dies

it wouldnt matter

Does it matter? Literally what difference would it make if we were in a simulation?

This is one of these completely unanswerable philosophical questions that ends up being bunk.

I never said it did. It's not a matter of life and death just a simple curiosity

You people are all idiots, we cannot prove if it is a simulation or not, but even then it doesn't matter just live life

exept for
they are the only nonfaggots in this thread

>dual slit expiriment: The universe reacts to our choice before we make it.
>subatomic particle properties: mathematical behaviors for location and properties is indistinguishable from search engine algorithms.
>Lightspeed cuttoff: Hard limit in physics.
>Resolution constraints: Planks constant is in a lattice.
>high energy cutoff of cosmic ray spectrum: Brick wall stop off in maximum energy, no curve or reduction.. just simply a maximum value.
>cosmic ray rotational symmetry: The universe is a grid with fixed resolution for energy and mass.

all anecdotal, yes, but there is a lot of it

You are the worst kind of people.
"It doesn't matter to me so why should I care?"
Of course it doesn't really effect the course of our lives at this present time. Of course either way things are the way they are.
Are you so bestial that you aren't curious about the things you cannot see?

No, I just don't smoke pot, look at my hand and say "omg, it can touch anything but itself! Far out dude!"

Me either.
I do look at the stars and wonder "what is out there?" while knowing that I will prob never find out.

None of this suggests a simulation, just that natural laws work this way.

Kuz Allah didn't say it was in the Karan dumb nigger!

That's why it's anecdotal.

As far as we can see from our current perspective, those properties are not congruent with natural laws and don't add up on their own. Additionally, we can see that from our current perspective those properties are exclusive to construction, processing, and simulation.

The universe MIGHT just happen to work that way, but if so it's currently behaving in a way that we do not know of. So from our current set, simulation hypothesis is more probable... the problem is that we aren't even close to having enough information to know that is certain.

In the end, it is not permissible to be labeled as the state of the universe, but not dismissible at the same regard.

Now if you mix in the Tibetan book of the dead and what mediums have to say, then you are looking at more support for simulation theory, but unfortunately that too is anecdotal to reasonable include.

>those properties are not congruent with natural laws

How so?

A lot of the more recent discoveries have to do with hard limits in detection of energy and matter. Naturally, we see a steady decrease of density as you approach any null point. (ie if you are average particle energies, you will have a bell curve). We are seeing a hard CUTOFF. As in.. a shitload of stuff and then .. nothing. That is not graph seen in nature.
Planks are interesting because we can actually measure a minimal movement.. literally a point where distance can't be smaller. Naturally a smaller amount of energy gives a smaller amount of movement.. but this is, again, a kneeless threshold.

Lightspeed is a little iffy because it could have to do with our perception of time, but it is odd that there is a total maximum limit at a constant speed that all particles of equal mass cap out at regardless of energy.

The dual slit experiment is all sort of fuckey, and provides that, at the very least, the universe is all pre-determined and actions and that time is only coupled to some objects, while not to others. This is increasingly strange because the velocity of these particles are limited, but they reaction to the world around them is bound to a timeline before that event has occurred spatially. Of all the pieces of evidence for sim hypothesis, this one is the hardest to explain away.

>The dual slit experiment is all sort of fuckey,

and that is assuming that we are missing some mechanical error in that the mechanics of observing change the make-up of the traveling particle.

If our observation tools actually AREN'T causing a physical disturbance that just so happens to change the state of the particle.. then we are dealing with a universal GPU and 3D rendering.... Particles only being raw information unless observed or interacting.... and only then do they actually express as physical objects.

back in the 30's when this shit was first coming together, Einstein said "I don't want to believe in Quantum Mechanics because i want to think the moon is still there even when I'm not looking at it."

The problem is you're comparing the way things behave in a closed system on earth and the way they behave in the vacuum of space. Light speed is fairly straight forward, nothing really kooky about it. The double slit experiment doesn't prove that the universe is predetermined, it just raises questions of the nature of quantum mechanics, which are not fully understood yet.

no the mind is an ideological concept we (society) have created in an attempt to explain the accident of consciousness.

Improvised comedy

The Cephapodcalypse has begun !

I don't think scientists can realistically imagine a computer in any universe with enough processing power to model all of the force interactions that occur in a universe of our size.

**size and age.

There is likely a proof that no element of any universe (with our universe's laws of physics) can generate a precise model of its past, present, or future...

useful approximations, maybe

When you know to much...
Fucking helicopters following me
I got buzz bombed by 6 f16s. You will not see or hear them coming then they're right on top of you

Pi and the squareroot of 2 exist, not only in mind but in reality and they're neverending as far as we know

people in the past could't realistically imagine a lot of things though.

Cred Forums

next question ?

Who says it isn't?

Light speed is understandable, but it's odd that there is ONE velocity that acts this way , and acts that way on ALL things, that kind of reaction is unprecedented.

The original double slit doesn't, no, but the later itterations do. They are showing that particles are different upon activation/creation/whatever-you-want-to-call-it depending on what you do to them LATER before you even make the decision to do one thing or the other. That is predetermination.

their identies are numerical relations, not "dingen an sich"

Yo just blast some nitrous and k into your brain while your peaking on lsd and turn the whole simulation on its head until spooks in black cars are creeping by your spot

.....when you think you know too much

..... when you think you know too

..... when you think you know

..... when you think you are too good for your meds