Apple you replaced the headphone jack with a piece of plastic with a spring inside it seriously

Apple you replaced the headphone jack with a piece of plastic with a spring inside it seriously.
"For regulating barometric pressure" How much time do spend in airplanes? have you ever ever had a problem with barometric pressure affecting your phone? NO

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2016/9/16/12941040/iphone-7-teardown-plastic-behind-where-headphone-jack-used-to-be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>regulating barometric pressure
Very convenient if you're using an Iphone to determine the nessecary output on a butane BBQ.

Honestly what's in that phone that needs info on outside pressure, and why is it worth it compromising the ip68 rating they got "by removing the headphone port"?

Weather, and only weather. But your phone isn't and can't be a replacement for a fucking meteorologist and a weather station. Get rid of that damn thing and give us the headphone jack. Battery life with Bluetooth turned on is awful, and the sound quality of Bluetooth headphones diminishes as you get more than 6 inches away from it.

You didn't notice the gigantic chip behind that vent, which is really what is keeping Apple from putting an audio jack into the phone?

Your real complaint, should be that Apple took out the audio jack so that they could put an imaginary button on the phone, for reasons...

Don't like the phone? Don't buy it then.
Simple. You vote with your wallet, you don't demand a company does what you say!

But just moving the barometric sensor would have given sufficient space for a head phone jack
I'm not planning on buying one, I'm just appalled at the level of stupidity on apples part

Get your head out of your ass user. Apple doesn't care about the consumer. They care about profit.

Apples "stupidity" is going to win them much cash. And Samsung are duly following.

>the only reason they did this is to force small businesses to use apple pay instead of devices that use the card swiping that connects to headphone jack.

This is the first thing I've seen that makes sense

The only question I have is why you stupid niggers keep paying more for something that does everything the cheaper phones do? Just so you can say you own an iPhone? No wonder the Jews won, you fucking goyim are brainless.

This sounds accurate

Yeah, I noticed I can't use my credit card without my headphones anymore.

I work for "x" phone company and this has been the most dead, disappointing IPhone launch I have ever seen. We've sold maybe 5 since they went live at 8 AM

That doesn't make, you just need credit card reader with an ethernet port and internet connection. This cost less than a iphone and phone service

or buy an adapter for a card swiping device.

also, learn to greentext faggot.

Alot of small businesses use an external device that plugs into the headphone jack to scan cards.

square,paypal both have one.

Having a nice car or nice watch was reflective of social status. Now it's brand name products of your apparel and the products you carry. So now the poor are rich and wealthy people by their own groups while the billionaires only dress in business suits on the job and dress like poor people outside of it to be inconspicuous.

Shills incoming.

Oh. If customers knew this ahead of time, this wouldn't have changed anything.

Small business fails because the customers fail it. Just take a look at 6 months of your receipts and credit card purchases, no one is innocent.

for real tho Apple has always been terrible, they have been trying to dominate the market itself by making their hardware and software incompatible with any other. just look at fucking itunes.
this latest audio jack retardation is just the icing on the cake, who the fuck even asked for wireless earphones?!

You kids and you're millennial lingo.

*Sigh* this bullshit again, that is not the production model of the iPhone 7, don't be a sucker for the Apple jews tricks, don't put cancer causing Bluetooth modules in your fucking ears it's like you want cancer and to spend all your money on Apple brand kemo

I enjoy this comment

Microwaves and Radiowaves are everywhere If you were actually worried about them causing cancer you'd disconnect from your internet right now

>But just moving the barometric sensor would have given sufficient space for a head phone jack

No it wouldn't have, the audio jack would intrude half way into the taptic engine. You can see how deep the audio jack is on the iPhone 6 for comparison.

What the fuck are you shilling about, applefag?

iPhones are for poor people with no hobbies

or just design a motherboard that comfortable fits all the necessary components, god forbid the engineers at apple actually think out their designs

> dad was born in 1928
> grew up during great depression
> his family travelled with carnivals
> carnies used shills all the fucking time
> 1930a

Millennials, my ass. STFU shill.

*1930s

Fucking Swype!

> still better than iPhagone

I prefer oranges, but that might be due to the fact that apples make me feel a little bloated. I'm not the only one who feels like that.

Anyway, I'm not coining anything, just rambling that small business suffers because the local people prefer a good deal rather than knowing the money they spend goes back into their community.

You're not even using shill in the proper context, a shill is bad slang for sellout you stupid fuck

If they care about profit then they have to care about the user. Thats the beauty of the free market. You'll see they backing of after this sells a minimal ammount

Millennials aren't defined by the year their fathers were born but rather they themselves were born. Maybe I'm wrong because this new trendy generation has a different understanding of things and you're with it. Also, it's preemptive to shut up. Are you that old guy at a club or bar who's seen with a group of young people?

>How much time do spend in airplanes?
fuck applefags really are dumb as shit

> "bad" slang
> what is language evolution?

A shill is someone who pretends to be an objective member of the masses, while secretly furthering a hidden agenda.
They aren't necessarily a "sellout". They could be in on it from the get-go.

See above carny reference.

When you are in airplane that is when the change of barometric pressure changes the most. so a device that regulars that change in most extreme circumstance is useless. that is why I ask how much time do you spend in planes.

Is that caused by drugs, alcohol, or years of neglect?

> implying anything you said means a goddamned thing

I was born in 1977. If I'm at the club, it's because I was just on stage making the young people mosh.

And actually yeah, at almost 40 I am seen talking to the younger folks. Some of them call me "dad". I try to mentor them as best I can.

The classic definition of what a "shill" is has been posted in this thread. It doesn't have a goddamned thing to do with millennials. It's unchanged since the 1930s, probably before.

So go ahead and complain about how the next generation is going to fuck everything up, while thinking I'm the old one. gg

I'm using my last smartphone now.

Going flip phone or old-school Nokia once this one dies.

It's become such a pain in the ass, just another device to babysit and manage.

Fuck all this non-sense.

Language is largely defined by usage of the word and by the definition, and definitions and usages change over time. and given the definition of the word shill still doesn't make sense or convey meaning for the context you've used the word shill.

They put an extra speaker in where the audio jack was

Well square already has a bluetooth one for chip and pin

"Shill" as a noun: a person who is furthering a hidden agenda or cause while pretending to be completely objective. Example: "Those Hillary shills are getting paid good money to 'counter' the 'lies' about her on the interwebs. Not like those applefag shills who just do it because they're Steve-Jobs-corpse-fellating true believers!"

"Shill" as a verb: To act or behave as a shill.

Clear enough for you? And I'll let you have the last word.

its to predict the weather lol

Ah! Mentor, that's what I'm talking about. You're that guy, the one who's with the times. I guess I can always look up what a shill is, but I associate it with coins and currency. I always figured if I had to complain, I have to ask myself how significant and how much of an impact would it have. But as far as today's youthful generation, I doubt they can mess up a pile of shit unless they're smart enough to put it over the blades of a fan. Besides, even in areas like that, it's best to live in gated communities with HOA's where keeping the peace is enforced. It's even a further good investment since you get more return on your resale value.

Long story short, you're not really a bad guy, in fact I'm sure what you have going for you works for you. You should keep at it as long as you're changing the minds of the youth in a positive direction. Maybe I'm the bad guy here.

Don't know if no one seems to remember or just want to stay on this apple hate train but with every iphone 7 sold, they include a lightning to 3.5mm jack adapter (for free, in the box as in you dont have to spend money to buy the adapter since it comes with your phone)

That's what I was thinking.

The fact that you're willing to try to deescalate the situation and extend an olive branch means you can't be but so bad of a guy.

You're alright. Ain't no good or bad, just different worldviews. Took me years to realize that myself.

Go in peace, my brother.

How is disagreeing with someone a person who is furthering a hidden agenda? So my hidden agenda is that I secretly agree with you despite expressing my disagreement?

that doesnt make sense at all. lmao.

a consumer can pay with applepay at the merchant credit card terminal which has nfc abilities. neither the consumer nor the merchant swipe anything on their phone. lol. getting rid of the jack port wont force merchants nor consumers to do anything. if anything, itll force merchants, who accept credit cards on their iphone with a dongle, to switch to an android in order to keep utilizing credit card processing or to keep using thier old iphones.

With the hardware they decided to put in, that just wasn't possible without compromising the battery.

You can only do so much engineering, you're still constrained by what marketing wants you to do.

Replacing a perfectly working button with a gigantic "taptic engine" was the retarded design choice. I would much rather have an audio jack than a fake button.

Genuinely never seen one of these 'connect to headphone jack machines' in my life, they dont exist in england atleast.

Its fot new water resistant function, sony xperia have it too

I think the implication was that, more than simple disagreement, it was a furthering of Apple's agenda by shouting down those who pointed out the flaws.

I wasn't the first one to use the term in this thread tho.

There's so many things wrong with this it's sad

That's the most retarded conspiracy theory with regards to the audio jack on the iPhone 7.

There are card readers which do not require an audio jack already on the market, plus apple includes the lightning adapter, meaning you can use existing audio jack card readers.

yeah complaining about one thing that isn't completely useless vs the giant thing that is useless is stupid I'll give you that

Well, for travelling bands, artists, etc who sell their wares at concerts, conventions, etc, they will vote with their wallets and not use iPhones.

That is an extremely niche use, there is no way that was on the targeting radar of the wealthiest company in the world.

"Let's completely design the phone around not having an audio jack so we can make a few million in additional revenue with apple pay from concert t-shirt sales. Never mind that there are Bluetooth credit card readers, or that we are including lightning to audio jack adapters with every single phone."

The idea that apple is trying to force usage of apple pay by removing the audiojack is completely ridiculous. Because the transfer of commerce on apple pay is extremely limited compared to credit card readers that run on the internet. Apple is trying to lock customers into buying their bluetooth headphones. Not restrict commerce

>needing to remove headphone jack for IP68 rating
>being this fucking incompetent

This is not a fucking excuse. You can still achieve IP68 with a headphone jack. Look at Sony. Water- and dustproofing is childsplay to them.

Fuck Apple.

Trillion dollar company making its money off cheap labor.

Ok the problem without usernames is I assumed that the person saying "shill" was all the same person. its rookie mistake I've been here long enough to know better

>You vote with your wallet,
hahahaha no

>assumed that the person saying "shill" was all the same person.
they might as well be
they're both talking shit

Did you see their trailer? They're trying to keep their loyal customers only doing all that engraving shit for it.

Can anyone link me the teardown video OP is watching?

op here
theverge.com/2016/9/16/12941040/iphone-7-teardown-plastic-behind-where-headphone-jack-used-to-be