I'm wondering if I can get a legitimate reason why you need to take a proficiency test to get a driver's license...

I'm wondering if I can get a legitimate reason why you need to take a proficiency test to get a driver's license, but not for a firearm license.

Are firearms significantly less dangerous then cars when used improperly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bX4qUsgHa4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ddCJIqznUNU
rawstory.com/2015/10/retired-florida-cop-will-use-stand-your-ground-defense-after-gunning-down-moviegoer-who-threw-popcorn-at-him/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because regardless of how you feel about it owning a gun is protected by the Constitution and driving isn't.

/thread

Making sure that you can safely operate a gun before being allowed to have it does not keep you from getting it. Your "rights" are not being infringed.

I'm not arguing with you about whether it's right or now. You asked a question and I gave you the answer.

*not

>Are firearms significantly less dangerous then cars when used improperly?
Yes?

In a car you're driving 4,000lb of steel filled with flammable liquids going 80mph in a confined space with other 4,000lb vehicles
With a gun, you're making bits of metal go fast. It's a lot less complicated, and there are far more guns than cars out there, yet more people die in car accidents every year than guns

Having to have the government's permission to exercise a right does not make it a right anymore, it's a privilege at that point

Driving is not mentioned anywhere in the bill of rights

>Having to have the government's permission to exercise a right does not make it a right anymore, it's a privilege at that point

Every right in the constitution has conditions. It's absurd to argue otherwise.

How would you feel if that standard was applied to other rights?

Want to speak freely? Take a test to make sure you know how to speak without offending anyone.

Want your property to be safe from unreasonable searches and seizures? Just fill out the standard FBI form listing all your property so they don't need to search for it.

Want to avoid being punished cruelly and unusually? Simple, just don't piss off the government enough that they classify you as a terrorist.

>Every right in the constitution has conditions
But they don't have "Shall not be infringed" behind them

Besides, the 2nd amendment already has shit tons of restrictions, we don't need any more

Owning a gun is a right, driving a car is a privilege.

I'm not risking my life or anyone else's life when I go out with my gun. It's not going to pop out and start mowing people down like you might believe.

However, I am risking my life and the life of others when I go from point A to point B with my car.

Simple as that, libtard

Does the united states still need a militia? the second ammendment is outdated

This. Gun-nuts should actually read the text of the second amendment.

Considering how fucked up and corrupt our government is, I'd say so

They way I read it, the states have the right to form militias, and the people have the right to keep and bear arms.
And that seems to be in agreement of how the Supreme Court reads it

"A healthy breakfast being important to overall health, the right of the people to keep and bear eggs shall not be infringed"

the part about the necessity of keeping citizens armed in order to ensure that the government can't infringe on their freedoms?

they are actually significantly less dangerous than cars

Thanks, but no further infringements will be tolerated.

There is a reason firearms are regulated differently.

OP, you do not NEED a fucking license or registration to own a car. The license and registration allows you the use of public roads. If you're 12 and want to drive on your own land or closed courses then you can do that without either.

However, cars are used for PUBLIC use primarily so the default method is with a license. You don't need it for private use.

Guns are used primarily in PRIVATE, at gun ranges or on private property, so the default method is to not need a license. However, if you want to have your gun in public then you need a CCW license, which covers the rest of it.

Driving is a privilege, not a right. Owning a gun is a right, not a privilege.

youtube.com/watch?v=bX4qUsgHa4Y

>However, if you want to have your gun in public then you need a CCW license
Missouri just became the 12th state with constitutional carry

In CT, that chart is 100% true. Your argument is invalid.

Took me three months to get a pistol permit and about $375 all said and done. Criminal background check, review of mental health history, half a dozen forms filled out, mandatory training class, mandatory live fire training at said class.

Every time I buy ammo I get my firearm license entered into the computer. Every time I buy a gun of any kind it is two full sheets of paper and one disclosure signed and copied five times. Data sent to my town, my state, and the feds.

Yes you retard automobiles kill substantially more people than guns do, even including gun suicides.

A 21 year old with a gun is in fact less dangerous than a 16 year old in a 4000pound self-powered machine.

>I'm not risking my life or anyone else's life when I go out with my gun. It's not going to pop out and start mowing people down like you might believe.

How can we know this?

So something protected by the constitution can't be regulated?

Because guns aren't alive, user...

"Shall not be infringed"

Are cars alive? I don't get what distinction you're making between cars and guns

One is a privilege, and the other is a right.

Why don't we have competency tests and identification required for voting?

No moreso than any vehicle that requires a license to drive on public roads

You don't. But on the off chance someone elses comes out of the holster and starts kiling people, at least if hes around, he can try and stop it, to save your ignorant ass.

When I drive my car from one place to another, I can't guarantee that I won't crash into someone.
When I bring my gun outside I can control 100% whether someone gets shot or not.

>Are firearms significantly less dangerous then cars when used improperly

Yes actually, there are significantly more deaths every year from cars than guns.

>mfw moving about easily is way more important to freedom, and self defense than weapons.
there's a reason that the romans built roads before they invaded. if you're holed up in your trailer with a fucking minigun, unable to move fast anywhere at all, they can easily just drone bomb your ass. your school massacre equipment and camo shorts won't help you for even a second.

>the second ammendment is outdated
says someone from some shit tier 4-th world country

go drink some bleach and do us all a favor

you can't control your car? Are you driving without a steering wheel?

THIS ARGUEMENT IS STUPID BECAUSE THEY ARE REGULATED THE SAME.

Do you need a license to own a car on private property, or drive it on private property? NO!
Just like guns, you can buy and use cars on your own property or private property that others allow you.

If you want to take a gun ON PUBLIC PROPERTY then you DO get a conceal carry permit in most states.

TL;DR guns work just like cars do already in your shitty picture.

10560 - 8448 = 2112 not 1712

Trying to improve our numbers are we?

user didnt say that. user said "I can't guarantee that I won't crash into someone."

if you can guarantee you won't hit anyone, share the scret with us user

Not to mention the vast majority of car deaths are accidents, whereas the majority of gun deaths are suicides

I own a gun and have never shot anyone. why are you going to take away my gun?

How can you guarantee you won't hit someone else when using your gun?

How can we guarantee you aren't suffering from mental illness?

>not accounting for margin of error
learn statistics.

YOU CANNOT FUCKING /THREAD YOUR OWN POST YOU FUCKING NEWFAG

So you're saying an amendment shouldn't be... Amended

Why is it any of your business?

Why is it any of your business whether or not I am capable of driving or not? Why do I need a driver's license?

But the US does not have a gun problem. The only problem is over sensationalized media coverage.

If you can get 38 states to pass legislation for amending it, more power to you

Otherwise, arguing what you wish it said is a moot point

I agree with that, as long as your guns remain on YOUR property or someone's else's private property the entire time. I know of very few cars that are treated that way, not counting ones in a museum or junkyard.

That's not what margin of error is...

Who decides the criteria?
California currently makes pistol manufacturer pay for "safety" tests performed by the state. They are retarded, must be redone if even a cosmetic change is made to a pistol, and only exist to be a roadblock between manufacturers and consumers. Look up the details sometime.
Many liberals want to ban firearms, one step at a time.

Your questions are silly and can be answered with a few seconds of googling. Stop trying to make the whole world safe and get over yourself.

Just because you can't control yourself or deadly object within your control, does not mean others with the capacity to do so, should suffer on your behalf.

So fucking what, taking drivers license in america is easy peasy.
you drive around some cones and you have to know some signs and boom you get a drivers license.
The criminals this would stop from having guns would be so incredibly dumb that they couldn´t cause harm to society if they tried.

>Why is it any of your business whether or not I am capable of driving or not?
Because you're using public roads and my tax money to do it

ITT: Special snowflakes looking for their safe space

Your words literally can cause absolutely no physical harm to anyone you absolute fucking dunce. I'm pro second amendment and castle doctrine but you need to have some god damn training before you go out and get a gun. The last thing I want is a bunch of wannabe action heroes with beer guts going out and getting guns because they think they're cool.

You're not even addressing the issue of the supposed difference between carrying a gun and driving a vehicle

So the issue is road maintenance and not safety of others?

within the data you preform a chi-squared test, and then after finding the difference you adjust for the margin of error found within the chi-squared test.

"militia" Not that it matters. The U.S. is an outdated document that needs major revisions if we want to keep it a part of our governing system.

> implying that the testing and regulation is about safety and not making money from an absolutely essential part of life.

Cars: cash-cows for governments. They're one of the heaviest taxed and regulated things in the world for a reason... you need them.

Citation please... Those numbers are definitely no where reality.

If we're arguing safety, I'd say cars are much more dangerous than guns

Studies have shown that people who legally carry are among the most peaceful, stable and law abiding people out there, even more so than police whom I'm sure you have no problem carrying guns

>source CDC and FBI

Please, point out where a vehicle is mentioned. Not seeing it over here.

Again, why does every special snowflake need everyone else to ensure they're in a safe space?

What happened to being able to hold one's own?

A serious tip for real life: It's not the responsible gun owners you need to worry about. It's the niggers, sand niggers, and other undesirables you need to worry about.

FFS, being this naive.

That's not what the picture is though. It's using basic math to draw a conclusion, and the ending number is wrong

>ad hominem attacks
It is outdated though. I have no problem with the second amendment at all and I'm an American who fully takes advantage of it, but it just is outdated.

Not that it matters, Everyone who is killed by a gun should be included in the final count if we want to determine your chances of being killed by a gun. Meaning all 32,000. Fucking duh.

see

Actually they are

>If we're arguing safety, I'd say cars are much more dangerous than guns
No guns are way more dangerous...

How'd they kill that terrorist driving his truck through Nice? Hint: They didn't hit it with another truck..

Yes- the number of people killed by automobiles in the US is FAR greater than the number of people killed by guns.

Also, there is no constitutional right to a car or to drive yourself; although I would argue that it is an inherent right.

There IS a documented Constitutional right to own firearms, as well as an inherent right to self defense.

OP's poster is stupid.

I'm pretty sure my country has these regulations if not more.

Leave the city and visit the countryside, maybe. Kids drive tractors, cars, and trucks.

To be honest just adapt the same gun laws as the Canucks did. Basically the same except for wait times and training. If you are truly a gun enthusiast like I am you'd welcome the extra training.

Are you a goldfish or were you just jumping into a conversation you didn't really follow?

>Again, why does every special snowflake need everyone else to ensure they're in a safe space?

I'm extremely pro gun if that's why you're wondering. I just don't think there's any difference in theory between a gun and a vehicle being used in public. Both can be dangerous if the person handling them is stupid. It's just something to accept

>No guns are way more dangerous...
Is that what the media tells you?

how do i delete that i didn't know i'd left her name in the file?

Hey guys, this polysci minor thinks he know better than the founding fathers of the united states, lets point at him and laugh!

you understand that debates like this arent about whether or not something is a part of the constitution, but about whether or not they SHOULD be, right? They're called amendments, they're changes that you make to the constitution to alter the original document. A good example of them is the second amendment, the one that lets you join an organised armed militia for civil defence, that you somehow use to justify any civilian being allowed to buy a beltfed machine gun. The point, anyway, is that the second amendment itself was not in the constitution but was added later and this debate is about whether or not this later addition should now be removed at this later date, due to conditions being different.

Just click the box by her name and then the delete one at the bottom

You're argument, "People kill themselves with guns, therefore- we should ban them."

YOU should get a gun.

By not pulling the fucking trigger ya dumb cunt.

sarcasm for $200, Alex

thanks man

After he killed over 80 people with a motor vehicle you fucking retard

In America, you actually do have to take a test if you want to carry concealed, and most places ban open carry. So to have a gun in public (other than when you're buying it) you usually do have to take a test. Not federally mandated, but state mandated.

A gun is a tool specifically made to kill, harm or injury some person.
A car it's designed to take people and stuff from one place to another.

Yes, there are more car related deaths in the world, but that's because far mor people have cars than guns.

Don't worry, I've got you in case it gets deleted

What are you being such a cunt for?Seriously man delete that

You're saying there shouldn't be a license for carrying a gun but there should be for pulling the trigger?

How do you even regulate that?

Where do you think you are?

>being this dense

You obviously don't know what the word 'infringed' means.

But for fuck sake just delete it why be such a fucking prick about it?

>asking this on Cred Forums

>attacking my person rather than arguing my point
Nice logical fallacy my man

Which is what the .01% chance was, retard. And that drops a fuckton if you're not suicidal, though you should still probably kill yourself.

An object does not have an inherent evil quality to it. It is an inanimate object.

Describe yourself as you like, but your shit opinion remains shit.

suicides are not a danger to the public. self defense is not a danger to the public. Accidents are not a danger to the public. the only danger to the public is homicides. which there were about 11,000 homicide deaths in the US, which has a population of about 310 million people. this is about a .004% chance of you dying by an actual shooting. And if you aren't involved in gang activities, that number drops significantly.

fucking faggots the lot of you

To take away your freedoms so that your life is worse than that of a North Korean

I'm not going to as I realize that I don't need one. You should try to learn from my example. Also, that was not even close to my argument, so learn to read while you're at it.

Both sides of the argument are wrong. One side wants over regulation, the other wants under regulation. The NRA wants blind people to carry guns, and the libs want no one to be able to defend themselves. You're all fucking idiots. You should be allowed to carry guns with appropriate and extensive weapons training, and be subject to background checks and nothing more.

>trying to portray sarcasm in a text based image board

>logical fallacies
>Cred Forums
top kek

>The people having power against a government is outdated
The only reason it appears "outdated" is because the government happily kept stepping on our right to own arms. You can own a tank but because of the NFA you can't own ammo for it easily.

Sure you can

/thread

>chance of death

welcome to the internet

Actually, cars are significantly more dangerous when improperly used than firearms; look at the statistics on road deaths in accidents vs. firearm deaths.

It actually does make sense to regulate cars more than guns.

Well cars do kill way more people every year

Fucking stupid little cunt take the fucking thing down

Do blind people not have the right to defend themselves?

Should I have to get a background check and training to use my first amendment rights?

That's why we regulated them, imagine how bad it would be if we didn't.

>not getting sarcasm
>blaming it on the board
dickinson ur-pus

>pic related

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither. He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security."

>Shifting the goalposts this hard

You asked how do you avoid hitting someone. I answered that. Don't be a cunt.

>there are 300 million+ guns in America
>there are ~253 million cars
>~15,000 gun deaths a year (excluding suicide)
>~33,000 automotive related deaths

Which one is the real fucking danger here?

Fuck you. Seriously.
I have had plenty of training. I do not need to pay the government to take more training that I do not need. I do not need to pay to register my firearms. I do not need to pay inflated prices to have every transaction done through a licensed firearms dealer, even buying a gift for a family member.

When I told you to get a gun, I was talking about it in the context of suicide...

I was suggesting you should kill yourself, faggot.

What do you even get out of it,I'm just going to start ignoring you lot because you're all fucking degenerate scumbag cunts

You made the mistake, now deal with it

Oh, you weren't following the conversation or understood the context to the question

K. You wont be missed

Who said guns were evil? Evil is subjective. The only thing he said is they are made to kill, and that is an objective fact.

>everything is black and white
>we should be able to own nuclear missiles

I see where you're coming from.
Maybe a better way of putting it is that the reasons for the amendment in the past are different to the reasons why we keep it today.
I admit 'outdated' was a pretty shit way of phrasing it.

We regulate them and they still kill that many people? Good fuck how worthless is regulation?

>253 million cars in america
>300 million guns in america
> cars still kill more people
Your argument is not just invalid; it is plainly wrong.

NIGGGGEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

>Making sure that you can safely operate a gun before being allowed to have it does not keep you from getting it

I needs big dada gubmint to help me and give me permission so I don't get any owies

No shit retard. Did you actually think anyone here was confused by your idiotic jab?

You ever notice how many people are jumping on you and that you may be wrong?

No, they are designed to make bits of metal go fast and accurately hit a target

In fact, guns are used much more often for sport shooting than "killing". So why are you trying to say they are meant for the thing they aren't used for very often?

but all firearms aren't..

Flare guns
Competition Rifles
Competition Handguns
the list goes on...

Sure some, if not most firearms are designed to be lethal, but there is a large number that are not, as well.

>We regulate them and they still kill that many people? Good fuck how worthless is regulation?
Are you this retarded? Or are you just trolling?

Do you think Nulka works?

I'd imagine if you were the NSA guy who is subtly twisting things the answer would be yes. Good news, though, I never rented a room to anyone and I can proved it fuckwad so bring on the prosection.

>bits of metal going fast

lost

>/threading your own post
Suck a bag of digs faggot

The constitution was approved by a majority of states because it was understood that the Bill of Rights would follow immediately upon approval and ratification. The founding fathers just didn't want to delay and rewrite the entire Constitution.
And in real life, ad hominem attacks are shorthand for ignoring the stupid ideas from stupid people. I don't have to go through point by point and refute an emotional statement of yours.

what exactly am I wrong about?

Because cars kill people libfag
Guns save people

I'd love to rip your fucking head off you're fucking lucky nobody gives a shit about it it's rare enough on Cred Forums that people actually aren't feeding you so go fuck yourself

fuck, these anti-gun shills are weak as fuck today

where'd the good trolls go?

>people who don't own guns pretending to care about gun issues.

Stop talking about gun legislation. You don't care about it, and you know it. All you are interested in is the debate. You want your team to win the debate, and you want the people on the other side to be punished. You want to see your fellow Americans punished with extra inconveniences when buying guns, that's all. People pretending to care for the sake of cheering for their team. That's why this and just about every other issue is fucking stupid.

the fuck are you on about m8?

You're the one arguing on the internet... I just told you to kill yourself.

...Also, pretty sure you didn't get the joke.

aw umad?

>I know, I'll just call people who disagree with me shills!!

I'm sure you also will advocate that state governments will create a vast system of gun ranges we can use at no additional charge from our registration fees??? Bait much?

You do in Canada, our gun control seems to work

You do have to take a proficiency test for a firearm license.

You don't have to have a license to own a firearm, but that's not what you asked.

driver's licenses are bullshit.

Yes, cars are more dangerous.

That's why we dropped so many cars on Iraq in the Gulf War.

This

If everyone in America owned a gun there wouldn't be a conversation.

Look dude. For fucks sake. Is it that much to ask for some fucking training? You assholes give responsible gun owners like myself a bad name. You need weapons training for the same reason pilots need training. You need fucking training and certification to use a god damn industrial bailer for fucks sake. Blind people shouldn't use ranged weapons. If you wanna defend yourself get a fucking OTF knife or some shit.

top kik

Nobody cares about the picture so you're just trolling yourself you faggot

>You do have to take a proficiency test for a firearm license.

Not in every state. In my state you have to pass a background check. That's all that's required and all that should be required.

too late faggot

aw he mad

Guns have been around for hundreds of years. They are ingrained in our consciousness as not only practical tools, but as a symbol of rugged individualism and freedom.

Cars are a relatively new invention, and although they also represent freedom, the freedom afforded by a car isn't as deep. A teenager feels like he has freedom because he has a car to take out on Friday night. A gun creates the kind of freedom that affects your entire life.

I'm not a gun lover, I'm just saying what you're up against.

Can someone post the follow up to that picture where he ended up shooting someone with it?

You need to demonstrate proficiency to go out and drive a car in public.

You need to demonstrate proficiency and get a license in order to carry a firearm on your person into public.

Nobody cares so IDGAF

yeah mad even though nobody cares the thread will die soon anyway

Who would decide appropriate and extensive? That just opens the door for states like California or cities like Chicago to overregulate to the point of banning firearm ownership.

Having cars doesn't let a population overthrown tyranny or defend themselves against invasion or crime.

The only reason for any car registration licensing and regulation, is for use on publically owned roads. You don't need any of that if you want to keep a car on private property. Then its a personally owned hunk of metal to do with what you will.

I'm not saying people shouldn't get training, I'm saying the government shouldn't make training a requirement to exercise a right, that's all.

I believe training is valuable and should be seeked out, but at the discretion of the person.
Why do you want the government's cock up your ass so much?
What happened to personal responsibility?

>rifles
Uh, we're actually talking about all guns here, try to catch up to the rest of us moron. Also, not that the point needs to be made, but hammers have far more of a positive and practical application in today's society than assault weapons.

Hey dude fuck off. The training is free here except for a very small fee. Most of it is god damn target practice. What the fuck kind of gun owner would you be to get pissed off at getting some god damn practice.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Actually cars (discounting other road vehicles) kill as many people as guns in America

Yeah, but it has a purpose. You don't fucking buy a gun to cook

Kek, and that's also why we issue our soldiers honda civics.

At gun shows you don't even need that.

In what fucking universe do you live in it accidents aren't dangerous?

>You don't fucking buy a gun to cook
O rly?

youtube.com/watch?v=ddCJIqznUNU

History should show you, if you care to chat, that when you allow this sort of infringement, governments tend to restrict firearms more and more. Open your eyes.

Eurofag thinks the second amendment was for a militia only. No chance were gonna rehash this AGAIN. lets just leave it at the supreme court has decided MULTIPLE times that it wasnt for a militia only

two words

gun show

We have you fuck tard. So has the supreme court, they disagree with your uneducated point.

If you're buying from a dealer you do

Did the media tell you that again?

couldn't they theoretically change that and make it apply to organized militias only?

Every person in the world has the right to own firearms. Every person has the right to free speech. Every person can speak their mind without the government putting you in jail.

Other countries infringe upon these basic human rights, and convince people "it's for your own good".

In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Supreme Court handed down a landmark decision that held the amendment protects an individual right to possess and carry firearms.

If you remove black and hispanic gun crime, you have almost no gun crime.

Don't point at guns when you really want to fix this problem.

You almost made a sound argument, yet it descended into nonsense unfortunately.

I've been telling anti-gun cucks for years how easily it would be to mow through a crowd of people with an average SUV but they never believed me.

I confess surprise at seeing someone consider their words on Cred Forums.

>So something protected by the constitution can't be regulated?
How is a gun training course going to solve this?

>At gun shows you don't even need that.
as if it's exclusively /at/ gun shows.

no, this is true for any private sale.

doesn't matter if it takes place in a rape basement, a church or a gun show.

again, non gun owners bitching about gun-related issues.

Before you know it lesbians are going to be telling us we don't need that opening in the front of our boxers FFS.

Did the media tell you gun shows don't require background checks and that where guns are freely given out to criminals?

YOU were. Only you.

same media that...

This would never be an issue or a question if it weren't for murderous black and hispanic gangs and individuals. Why should the majority of people be punished for what the minority of people do wrong?

Getting a DL in America is ridiculously easy. A true proficiency test would include an extreme battery of tests that at least 50% of people would take many tries and lots of instruction to pass

Instead, we pass out a DL to anybody with a mailing address and a face.

Considering the damage you can cause with a car, it seems to me that we make it quite nearly as easy to obtain a DL as it is a gun.

Yeah, because you see those guns being fired every day to the same extent cars are driven

you can't again how does that mean you wont use a car to murder 80 people cough nice cough cough

look it up faggot, I did my research. How can it be invalid? Despite there being more guns in America, more people still get killed by cars who are predominantly controlled by careless inattentive drivers. Guns are only as bad as the user makes them, the exact same thing goes for cars

dumbass

Look. You have too much faith in people. Everyone's a fucking moron so you gotta mandate some training. I'm tired of seeing those pot belly dipshits who think they're Rambo shoot people for some pointless shit every god damn week. One week it's "he threw popcorn at my face I had to shoot him" the other week it's some asshole trying to lure people onto his property so he can shoot them legally. I'm tired of being compared to these morons just because I'm a gun owner.

Please tell me you actually understand the amendment process?

Guns are used for sport in other countries with far less homicides than us.
Maybe it's just that americans are assholes

Why can't people be brutally honest and say "we are sick of black and hispanic crime"

Are you saying driver's licenses shouldn't be issued because people will die anyway?

And win locations for target practice are taken away; look up the Lake Merced gun club sometime; then the government is able to effectively prevent firearm ownership.

>The last thing I want is a bunch of wannabe action heroes with beer guts going out and getting guns because they think they're cool.

40,000 deaths from automobiles yearly in the U.S.

I can see the plan would work marvelously

I wanna join AAAAAH now.

This is the most under looked stat. For those doubting it, go to the FBI uniform crime reporting data site.

>Everyone's a fucking moron so you gotta mandate some training
If a moron takes training, they're still a moron. You can't legislate away stupidity and criminality, and at the end of the day you're just putting up more roadblocks and red tape for law abiding gun owners.
Training isn't a magical cure for stupid people, I'm sorry.

And that popcorn guy you mentioned? He was a retired police chief with presumably decades of "training".

rawstory.com/2015/10/retired-florida-cop-will-use-stand-your-ground-defense-after-gunning-down-moviegoer-who-threw-popcorn-at-him/

Does that kid in the back have an RPG?!

Dude, that kid must be the teacher's pet for SURE.

two words. Liberal media indoctrination.

Usually I like watching newfags fall for this, but it's so forced that it's embarrassing.

Look, the government does gay shit, but the assholes who say "we dun wunt big gubmint" do even gayer shit. Everyone's a fucking idiot nowadays. Whether they be in power or not.

Or maybe it's just niggers

Well no, you're obviously too stupid to put the argument forward so you girl abuse, feel better about how you're so clever, then jack of to pictures of Clinton and Trump fucking going at it like a epileptic in a nightclub

Yea but that would require the amendment to be changed. and agreed up by 38 of the states. That will never happen. The definition has been well defined and is supported by separate writings by the founding fathers.

Yes, I'm tired of being compared to this stereotype. What's wrong with that?

dubledubs

shit

You don't want argument or discussion; you want things your way and discount every fact presented that doesn't agree with your view.

Of course. I can run your ass over with a flick of the steering wheel. A gun needs to be pulled out and aimed. Might as well ban sharp knives while you're at it.

Not even close. The argument he is making is that somehow passing a drivers license test means the person wont use it for evil. Ie. why would making people take a firearm safety course stop them for misusing it?

But it still could happen, so pointing at the constitution as an argument that it's impossible is a lie

And I'm pretty sure Thomas Jefferson wanted the constitution revised every 20 years. Only one of the founding fathers but still

many school hammerings in usa? except on when partying?

Yea I hadn't thought of it that way. To be honest I don't give much of a shit either way though, as long as I get to go hunting now and then. Surprised you found the source for that guy, it was really far back in my mind.

But that's what America is all about.

Again. How you feel doesn't matter. It's my right to own a gun. Driving however is a privilege.

>except on when partying?
fuck, the english in the thread is Shakespeare-tier

Kek

But for what original purpose were the "bits of metal" made to go fast?

Why start a good argument with such a pedantic, and pointless, statement?

In theory it is possible. In practice not so much. There would need to be a MASSIVE shift in citizens support of the 2A

Saying no to my right is infringement.

Good luck defending yourself against anything that isn't infantry. All the good stuff is illegal anyway. Enjoy being the top country for locking people up so businesses can exploit cheap labour

Win for missouri on January 1 2017 for gun owners no CCW class required to carry. Fuck all the little anti 2nd amendment bitches an armed society is a polite society

because fuck you that's why

But that's not true. Ask the cops in Dallas when they blew up that crazy fucker about the guy they held for suspicion because he was running away and had an ar and ammo.

trips+dub

cannot be denied

Its not that America has more crime than those other countries, it has more blacks than the other developed countries.

>giving an 8 year old a hand grenade
>he'll be responsible with it
>other kid holds the bazooka with opening right into his friend's face
>several of the kids are pointing the guns at each other
kek. made my day. i know they're not loaded, and probably fake as well, but still. hilarious.

The "good guy with a gun" only causes more confusion. I'm pro gun, but don't play hero, especially in public.

>why would making people take a firearm safety course stop them for misusing it?
A firearm safety course is not to stop people from doing bad things with it lol. It's in theory supposed to make people handle the gun and aim properly

A bit like how a 12-year old is legally not allowed to carry a gun

Like that?

Here's a pic of kids with real guns?

Hint: kids /can/ be responsible with firearms

doth thou has't an argument? twas merely a typo.

Exactly

test

>Want to speak freely?
Go on...

>Take a test to make sure you know how to speak
Oh fuck I like this

>without offending anyone.
And you lost me there, fucking sjw

*kids can be responsible with .22s
My grampa handed me a 12 gauge when I was like 13, knocked out my fucking teeth with the kickback. Kids should stick to .22s and air guns.

Not, exactly.

Sweeping assumptions are rife in this thread.

Again, not everyone is a mush-minded dumbass eager to shoot anything that moves.

If LE fucks up and kills a good guy that was attempting to take down a bad guy, their family hit's the lottery... this is not new.

Let's try to act like we understand this is not an uncommon scenario.

Shit, fam.

A gun is not there to play hero, it's to protect yourself as a last resort

If I'm at a mall with my concealed handgun and someone starts shooting, unless I'm right there and have to engage or be shot, I'm hauling my fat ass out of there.
I'm not a cop, It's not my responsibility or job to run towards danger and save the day.

Then what is the point of this whole nonsense? Negligent deaths are the tiniest fraction of gun deaths let alone all deaths. Seems you missed the point of this whole post

Because you're a pussy. I've stopped an armed robber before.

Abso-fucking-lutely

Except plenty of white cops commit muder. Try again.

Your grampa was a waterhead for allowing you to improperly handle firearms. At an age younger than 13, I was blowing bottles of fence posts from 20 yards all day and not a mark to show for it.

Gramps should have taught you how to hold the rifle correctly and your thoughts on the matter may be different today.

Again, the whole world shouldn't have to become a safe space to accommodate the ignorant.

>And you lost me there, fucking sjw
I think you missed the point. He is saying that type of pointless legislation leads to nonsense like that. Where your free speech can be infringed upon because it can offend people.

Nice bullshit you got there. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it didn't fucking happen to you dipshit.

No ones interested in what you are pretty sure of.

never looked into it statistics. If what you're saying is true small regulation seems fair as long as the problem is small

I'm arguing against people being anti-regulation by principle

As a britbong, im curious.

How often is the sight of watching a man with a ak47 strapped on his back and how do people react to him/her walking thru the street?

>Except plenty of white cops commit muder. Try again.

Except plenty of white cops commit muder. Try again, at least 1/1000th rate of blacks

Guns are shitty and any country that isnt retarded has serious regulations on them
/thread

>Driving is a privilege, not a right. Owning a gun is a right, not a privilege.
This is spot on for this whole thread says it all and answers it all

kek

Don't bring that common sense here mate.

>murcan future goals
it's funny how every country that's as reckless with guns as americans, are all 3rd world,muslim shit holes. just admit it, you're a muslim.

I have. Do I care what you believe? No. I got laid plenty for it while you argue at an anonymous poster.

search for it on youtube, you dolt.

if the person is white and/or acting responsibly, they're treated no different than someone without a firearm

haha. nice b8 m8

Did I say blacks didn't commit muder? Try again. White cops commit muder.

If you're talking about the entire country it's extremely rare but it happens

I knew how to use a .22 long time before hand. I just harassed the fucker till he let me shoot the 12 gauge. He gave it to me to teach me a lesson : you're too fucking small to use a 12 gauge.

i want mor of them accidentally aiming at people's faces and shit.

>future goals
>pic from decades ago when kids learned firearm safety and competed at school

I've never seen it.

I live in a very pro gun state and I've only ever seen people open carry handguns a few times, never seen someone with a long gun.

The vast majority of people who legally carry carry concealed.
It's still considered strange for people to open carry long guns, which is why they make the news a lot and seem bigger than they actually are.
People that do it do it for political stunts mostly

So what is your argument for regulation then? if not on the principle of it helping? If it really wont help isnt it unnecessary regulation ie. government infringement?

You don't. You need a proficiency test to drive a car on a public roadway.

You can buy a gun and keep it in your home, just like you can buy a car and keep it in your garage. If you want to take a gun somewhere you need a proficiency test. Same with a car.

>Did I say blacks didn't commit muder? Try again. White cops commit muder.

Lets point at the most insignificant problem to solve an issue?

You're a fucking idiot.

Huh?

>He gave it to me to teach me a lesson :he was too fucking ignorant to teach a child how to safely fire a 12 gauge.

i know he's your gramps, but you shouldnt make excuses for his recklessness

Basically never. I have literally only seen a guy with a pistol on his hip once and I grew up in a major city with tons of people around all the time. Its a horribly rare occurrence and usually done when protesting.

>cops commiting muder is insignificant

Try again.

>kids learned firearm safety
only necessary when you live in a 3rd world shit hole.

>>cops commiting muder is insignificant

Compared to black murder and black violence? it's a tiny fraction of a fraction of the murder blacks and hispanics commit.

Get the fuck out of here with that stupid shit negro.

Check youtube for clips of the Republican National Convention

Held in a state with open carry laws

Not a single violent firearm related criminal offenses throughout the entire week, despite the tense environment between those with differing opinions.

Shit, there were libtards and conservitards both with rifles slung over their shoulders

Yes. I can't destroy your house with a gun, I can do so with my car.

not so gr8 b8 m8

try again

yea like the 3rd world cuckold surrogate syria that Europe is becoming? How are those freedoms treating you? ohhh wait they arent freedoms they are government granted privileges and they will take them from you without so much as a protest. Dont like something? too bad UK is now arresting people for speaking out against muslims. Continue to live under the guise of freedom.

>cops commiting murder is insignificant

You'll never be taken seriously with this line of thinking. Try again.

can with a big enough gun

like a rail gun for instance, lol

>If it really wont help
how do you know this? I think it's pretty obvious it would help, everyone should know how to properly use and fire a gun

But since someone playing hero killing a bystander is very rare and there's not exactly terrorists in the streets there's no need to force people into it. Guns are just a hobby at this point

Look, I knew how to handle myself with guns before. I was simply too scrawny and small framed at the time to shoot a gun with that much kickback. It's the same reason that little girl blew that one instructors face off with an uzi. I'm all for guns and training kids with them. Just don't fuck around and give them guns they can't handle.

didn't realize there were so many spinless lib-jew-cuck-tards in the world

You can count on one hand the number of actual cop murders. You need reems of paper to count the number of black murderers.

>guns don't kill people
so technically, nukes should be legal as well? i mean, they're not killing anyone, right?

if the logic holds, then it should count for everything.

still defending gramps, give it up man, gramps was a dumbass. it's okay

Why regulate something if it will not solve anything?
If you regulate something for no purpose its meaningless government overreach plain and simple. ie. government infringment

why not?

kodak had a nuclear reactor in their basement for years....

>so much b8

The nuke argument doesn't apply because it is a weapon of mass destruction, not "arms"

I wish you people would stop using it. That being said, no one is stopping you from mining and enriching uranium, so go ahead and start doing it.

They should just drop the fucking nukes on everyone already. We're fucking done. Everyone's to stupid to go on. We should all just vote shillary so she can start a nuke war with Russia.

>you can count on one hand the number of cop muders

And rappers never talk about money. No.

Try again.

No, guns are to DEFEND life and liberty a weapon that is by nature, indiscriminate, is no longer a weapon you can use for defense.

Huh?

Rail gun is just a gun that fires projectiles with magnetism instead of an explosion, they're not any larger than conventional firearms. They certainly could be though. Regardless, a car is much easier to procure than the amount of firepower I'd need to destroy house.

You're kind of off base here. Guns are used on public property to hunt. Very overwhelmingly so in most states. CCW only applies to CONCEALED carry. Most states allow open, public carry of your firearm.

As an avid hunter, I personally would love if people went through proper firearm training. It is almost yearly that I get to hear a bullet's high pitch scream flying past me from some dumb redneck.

>so many non arguments

I'm not even defending gramps. I'm saying don't give guns that a kid couldn't handle to kids. It's the fucking opposite of what he did. How am I defending him.