How can my car be doing 3000 RPMs while only going 10 mph and then be doing 60 mph at 1500 RPM?

how can my car be doing 3000 RPMs while only going 10 mph and then be doing 60 mph at 1500 RPM?

Other urls found in this thread:

lovchan,site
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this is caused by the "op being a faggot" syndrome, it is incurable

The wheels are not bolted to the crankshaft. There are gears in the transmission and axles that change the drive ratio, allowing different rpm's for the wheel and engine.
The transmission even allows you to select different ratios so you can travel different road speeds while maintaining a powerful and fuel efficient engine speed!

You know what gearbox is, right?

Different gears. Or maybe because you were holding down the clutch in the first case.

its a cvt, so there are no gears

Look things up before you post. RPM refers to rotations within the engine, so it doesn't directly correlate to how fast your wheels are turning. At lower gears the engine's parts will sometimes rotate faster to build momentum. Once you are at a steady pace it doesn't require as much effort to keep things going.

WTF are gears?!

>cvt
>not knowing that cvt is still gears

Gears can mean two things. It can be the metal wheels with teeth, or the setting of your transmission (often called gears because that's usually what you move around when shifting gears).

I didn't fight in the gear wars for this shit. Where has our youth gone?!

such awful bait, but related. my car does 4300 at 60 mph. 5spd

I hope your not actually this stupid.

Cvt dont have gears look it up

Through wizardry of gears....

Jet fuel and chemtrails. Also leprechauns.

I see we have a mechanical engineer in our presence.

Low gears are for high torque, gearing ratios are larger. Small drive gear and large driven gear which outputs to your wheels for high torque. Higher engine rpm is required to spin the larger gear. Higher gears are for high speed. Lower gear ratio. Small drive gear, small driven gear means the drive gear from the engine output has to spin less times to spin the driven gear to put power to wheels
>mechanical engineer even though it's not relative
>car enthusiast

Meant to say relevant, not relative. Fuck.

8 year olds, dude

let's go!
Open board's on lovchan,site
New set!
enjoy

Magnets

put down the e-brake