Is this movie good?

Is this movie good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vVEcxGAZYNA
express.co.uk/entertainment/films/631460/star-wars-gay-romance-who-is-gay-poe-finn-rey-star-wars-gay-character
reddit.com/r/TFAspoilertalk/comments/3xnmby/kylo_ren_is_weak/
reddit.com/r/TFAspoilertalk/comments/3xb92x/why_is_kylo_ren_so_weak/
quora.com/Was-anyone-else-disappointed-in-Kylo-Ren
bustle.com/articles/131697-12-kylo-ren-memes-from-force-awakens-that-prove-the-star-wars-villain-is-really-just
rchitto.com/2016/01/29/why-kylo-ren-is-a-weak-villain-2/
youtu.be/e1j7zc31CcY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

best one yet op.

Not at all. It's worse than the prequels even.

J.J. Abrams is incapable of making a movie that is not entirely based off of an existing movie.

doesnt make it bad

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=vVEcxGAZYNA best channel on youtube

No, it was really shitty.

Does make it pretty God damn lame.

Sure, needs more....... uhhhmmmm other movie

didn't even give me enough hype to care to watch it
the expanded universe is better anyway

I enjoyed it but it's pretty trash.

>December 18th
Woah, starting soon. Any tickets available yet?

>J.J. Abra
It was a very enjoyable movie for me

Flat out remake of A New Hope, realy good quality.
Saw it with the kids, it's full of plot holes and characters are soemtimes weak as hell but who cares? It's not even meant to be a coherent story, just a rip-snortin epic space opera.

3rd or 4th best star wars. Better than shitty prequels, not as good as originals

Pretty gay tho tbh fam

Not as good as PowerPrequels

Cuck Wars: My Wife's Son Awakens

>hurr it's a remake of A New Hope

>implying Episode VI Return of the Jedi wasn't already a remake of A New Hope

The Force Awakens is a very good movie. Equally good as the old Star Warses.

>nigger hero

>is this movie good?
This movie is just an SJW reboot/remake of the first Star Wars film from the 70s.
It's quite shit if we are being honest, and Kylo Ren is a joke -even for a fagget.

>Literally everyone in the whole entire film kicks Kylo Rens ass aside from Han Solo who is like 85 years old now.
>Untrained Rey kicks his ass
>Toilet cleaner nigger stormtrooper kicks his ass
>Bullet almost shoots him in the back
The dude is weak as fuck.
His strongest moment is like 5 minutes into the movie when he shows us his Keanu Reeves powers - he can stop phaser bullets or some shit.

Yet from then on - he is just a pussy and can do literally fuckall.
Kylo Ren is an asshole
>Image related.

Just remember the director and Isaac Oscar(Guy who plays Poe) already officially confirmed that Finn and Poe are going to end up in a gay relationship together by the end of the trilogy.

It's good, and that's all it is. It's nothing special.
I don't think that's necessarily bad tho. It made for a good transition between all of what came before and the new Star Wars movies/universe.
We'll se what ep 8 has too offer.

troll or retarded? sometimes i just have to ask

they aren't even that similar. actually jedi is nothing like the first one. they both have a desert and a death star
>hurr remake

sawz pl0x

>Stupid or Dumb?
Fuck off idiot.

yeah

your points are so off from what is shown in the movie, i had to ask, but I guess you are the latter then

No, they are pretty spot on.

express.co.uk/entertainment/films/631460/star-wars-gay-romance-who-is-gay-poe-finn-rey-star-wars-gay-character

Also the book version of the film heavily implies that Kylo Ren is in love with Rey.

>THIS
KYLO REN IS AN IDIOT AND TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND SO IS THAT NIGGA FOOL BRITFAG

>Kylo Ren is in love with Rey.
Lore rumor states that this reboot is the retelling of the first two force users reincarnated.
boy and girl.

love vs hate.

they unite and create the force, then battle or some shit.

he's a fag tho

>This movie is just an SJW reboot/remake of the first Star Wars film from the 70s.
It's quite shit if we are being honest, and Kylo Ren is a joke -even for a fagget.

SJW movie how? cause they cast a female lead and a black side character? cause they almost make the race bingo complete with isaacs in supporting role? If this triggers you, you are one thin skinned idiot, cause that's all there is when it comes to "sjw" stuff

>Literally everyone in the whole entire film kicks Kylo Rens ass aside from Han Solo who is like 85 years old now.
>Untrained Rey kicks his ass
>Toilet cleaner nigger stormtrooper kicks his ass
>Bullet almost shoots him in the back

Fin doesn't "kick" his ass. if you have functioning eyes in your skull, you would be able to see that kylo is playing with him in the end, fighting one armed and the moment fin almost becomes dangerous to him, he disarms him and knocks him out by slicing him up. that's far off kicking someone's arse.

Same with Rey, she is on the defensive until she isn't. That's not kicking someone's arse. If you do think that is what it looks like it, you never stomped someone in your life and hence have no clue what you are talking about.

And that's it. How he got pushed around "literally" for the entire film is not explained by those 2 instances.

I could go into detail now and tell you why Ren's performance is nuanced and offers a lot more than just appearing to be a "pussy", but your edgy post and your usage of language just tells me to go and make myself lunch now.

Can't teach retards using their brains.

>WRONG

>loltriggered
tldr

rekt

reddit.com/r/TFAspoilertalk/comments/3xnmby/kylo_ren_is_weak/

reddit.com/r/TFAspoilertalk/comments/3xb92x/why_is_kylo_ren_so_weak/

quora.com/Was-anyone-else-disappointed-in-Kylo-Ren

bustle.com/articles/131697-12-kylo-ren-memes-from-force-awakens-that-prove-the-star-wars-villain-is-really-just

rchitto.com/2016/01/29/why-kylo-ren-is-a-weak-villain-2/

>Can't teach retards using their brains.

FUN should be the number 1 thing you want out of a Star Wars movie.

The Force Awakens was fun. A lot of fun.

Keep watching your boring ass prequel nonsense, faggots. Children. Little tiny-dicked idiots.

*Click on thread*
CTRL+F "nigger"

remember that really old movie with the deathstar that could kill planets

this one has STARKILLER base! It literally can kill stars!

>ripped off the plot of ep.4
>muh strong womyn lead
>badass villain with a lifetime of training beaten by a bitch with about a week's worth
>this shit all fucking movie

It's absolutely fine.
The prequels are bad, the specific reason have been pointed out time and time again.
Force Awakens on the other hand is a solid Star Wars movie. Not spectacular, but good enough.
The main problem is that the prequels were so bad that they have created an environment, where you are obligated to hate everything besides the original trilogy, lest you are a not 'true fan'.

I will never watch another star wars movie again after having watched this movie, and i was a fan of the previous movies.

Wow, you're a fucking tool.
You preferred the prequels to this?
Get shit on.

Cuck nigger loving 12 year old

>Darth Emo and the Smiling Retarded Girl
Spaceballs was better as an action film...

My main issues are:

Rey doesn't have any training in using the force but out of no where she can use the force better than Kylo who was trained by Luke fucking Skywalker.
>let that sink in.

Kylo has bitch fits of a 14 year old girl throughout the movie. Completely ruining his intro.
>they made him a bitchy teen.

Rey is perfect. Out fly a pair of elite trained pilots? Hell ya.

Able to instantly know how to work, drive, fix and reprogram a ship she's been in for about 1 minute, hell ya

Everyone likes her.

And again masters the force without any training.

Stronger physically than Kylo.

Shit was a joke.

Nah not really

Enjoyed it.

But after the 3rd time watching it...i'm kind of bored of it. Not as special as the originals.

youtu.be/e1j7zc31CcY
Perfect summary of the movie

Depends on your expectations, OP. If you want to be entertained, the movie is okay. If you wanted a cool sequel worth the hype you will be disappointed. Story wise it was boring. I can summarise the story for you in 1 to 2 short sentences.

It's was dissapointing and everyone knows it but won't admit it because "IT'S STAR WARS". Oh yeah Indian jones dies.

How big do you think the next death star will be? As big as a whole solar system? As big as a galaxy? Do you think it's super duper laser will destroy entire galaxies?

I hope they remember not to put the critical part of the base on the surface where a single starfighter can destroy it with a single shot this time.

This

i agree. Fuck this movie!!!!

Huge SW fan, i WANTED to like it so bad, but its copy/pasta on episode IV!!!

Epispde IV vs. VII
Death star, now starbase kill
rebels, now resistance
dark side, now darkness
tatooine(?), now Jakku
rd-d2, now BB-8
droid carries secret plans, same plot
darth vader, now Kylo Ren
Hans/chewie meetup, same

fuck this movie and fuck jar jar abhrams!!!!

fun mindless action/adventure movie.

it's better than episodes 2 and 3...episode 1 is slightly better and the original trilogy are the only star wars movie worth watching more than once.

is crap to me, but see it maybe you like it

Notice how the movie only had tie fighters vs x-wings. This was no oversight or accident. JJ abrams literally did it because he found all the different ships in the original series confusing. He found it hard to know who was on what side during the battles.

So he dumbed it down so the good guys and bad guys all flew 1 kind of ship.

Every star wars fan knows you don't send a X-wing on a bombing run to blast open an armor shield.

There will be two weak spots that have to shot simultaneously.

it's pretty good if you're a normie and don't care about star wars and you haven't seen 'A new hope' yet.

it's the star wars equivalent of that feminist ghostbusters with the gorilla.
most of the plot is copied from episode 4 and then shat on.

yeah fuck this movie!!

>R2-D2 magically awakens and of course has the rest of the map to Luke Skywalker.
>Defeat of the empire doesn't matter because some faction that consists of the remains of the empire has magically the ressources to build a weapon 4 times as strong as the Death Star in less time.

This movie being canon means just shitting over the plot of the original 3 movies.

Fuck JJ, I raise my middlefinger in the air

What annoyed memost is how Rey is more skilled with the force than Kylo Ren despite only finding out she could use it like 24 hours before hand. Zero training.

Defeats Kylo Ren when he is trying to read her mind, forces him out of her head and reads his mind instead.

Defeats him in a force tug or war over the light saber

Defeats him in a saber battle

And Kylo Ren was the most skilled of the Knights of Ren, the group of dark force users that killed all of Luke Skywalker's padawans and forced Luke to go into hiding. Rey is retardedly overpowered.

So were all the Jedi's of the past who took years to reach that skill level all just fucking idiots?

Blowing up the leader wouldn't end a galaxy wide empire.
This galaxy has the force, which can explain shit like this.

Light side of the force dude

What? You don't like the movie? We here at Disney deeply care for your mone.. *cough* opinion!

Thanks, that was amazing.

exactly, it was full of plot holes and just panders to the PC culture, i greatly disliked kylo ren as a character but on a skill level he got his arse handed to him, which should not have been the case.

It was kind of remake of forth movie, which I liked tbqh

/thread

Kylo uses both sides. He is torn between the two. He is not full dark side.

Mace Windu was similar only he leaned towards the light side. Mace was the most skilled Jedi in a 1 on 1 duel. That was his specialty.

So one can argue that somebody who uses both light and dark sides is the best fighter, and Kylo is basically the dark side equivalent of Mace Windu

Kek

Kylo gets his ass handed to him because he got hit with Chewie's bolt-caster, which is able to send stormtroopers flying we've seen. He was busy attempting to hold his insides inside during the battle and thus was weaker.

They didn't explain shit in the movie of what's going on politically in the galaxy.
>*insert good guy faction*
>*insert bad guy faction*
>nothing that has happened before matters anymore
>Star Wars ep. 7

Also fuck Lawrence Kasdan that slimy cunt going for one last money grab!!! He didn't fucking care either. Thank god he's not writing any Star Wars anymore.

Shit, watch fan remake of new hope on YouTube ,basically this movie

Better than the prequels. Not as good as Empire. Better than RoJ, It is A New Hope.

Fucking this

it was alright
people need to remember they they had to play it safe to restore fan trust and loyalty in the franchise, they had to refill the goodwill after the godaweful prequels

if the second movie features po and finn being captured and rey having to rescue them cutting off her training with luke early to go save them, meanwhile finn is captured and taken away by fanta or whatever her boba fett ripoff name is, while rey finds out shes related to ben

then you can flip out on the series
as it is, its a fine entry in the series that manages to be watchable while pulling out as many "remember this" references as possible
end of the day its no where near the best of the franchise, but certainly not the worst

Actually he was trying to give us some nostalgia, I predict these upcoming movies will be their own movies and merely mirror the other 6, since that's what George Lucas would have wanted.

its enjoyable for me

Dreaded this movie because of SJW sensibility
Watched it anyway, forgot to be butthurt that the heroes weren't all white boys
Found Finn to be easily the best character in the Star Wars universe next to Han Solo - actually funny and fun to watch, unlike Luke or Leia
Enjoyed it as a movie, not a retard whose life depends on "cinema"
Did not in the end give a shit that the SJW stuff was there, instead thinking that anyone who could get upset watching it is even more of a snowflake faggot than SJWs

I liked it. Miles better than the prequels, and I loved the lightsabre action.

I thought the movie was pretty lame, it was literally the 4th movie, plot line to plot line to plot line

If there's one franchise you're guaranteed to get the money either way it's gonna be Star Wars. Make something new for gods sake, people will watch it anyways. They didn't have to play it safe.

I don't even care if Disney is doing well. All I care for is if the movie is good or not. When you're starting to look behind the scenes to find a reason why the movie is how it is, it's automatically clear that it's just not a good SW movie. If it was good no one would bother with things like "well.. they did have to this and this because money". I don't wanna hear it

nice dubs. I felt the same way about the movie.

I think a lot of people are finding stupid reasons to pretend to be upset for reasons that still aren't 100% explained - I think they left enough holes to really fill out the next two movies so this one makes a bit more sense.

It was ehh I mean it was entertaining but I wouldn't pay to see it again

Apparently Rey knew her way around the Falcon because she had helped her slave owner guy work on it before. Or thats what people have told me.

Bullshit, but at least there is an explanation. Doesn't explain how she knew it would fly and could cut those corners so tight during the chase scene. It hadn't flown in years.

It hadn't flown for years but was suddenly OK to zoom off into battle and save the universe.

nice b8

i agree, and ive never had a problem with black characters unless their way out of place for now reason like johnny storm in that godawful f4 reboot
finn is an interesting character and i really like the angle of seeing them humanize a storm trooper like that, showing us they are real people under those masks actually not only makes this movie better but makes the og trilogy more interesting as its not just the heroes verses faceless basically robots
to be honest i think the parts that dragged the most were with the old cast
with the exception of han solo who i thought played well off of finn and rey

second I see R2 in that movie and they are all like "omg hes disabled" I called him having the other half of the map

The lightsaber action pissed me off.

Look through all the previous movies. Every saber fight results in somebody getting a limb chopped off or getting killed. In force awakens everybody just gets wounded and is OK. Finn gets slashed from shoulder to hip across his back and is fine. Yeah that wouldn't chop his spinal cord in half or anything...

you answered your last point with your first.

Also it was annoying that they still had han solo in the same kinda place he was last seen. He was still this dirty smugler, only worse, he lost his fuckin falcon. It was like after the original trilogy he had no character growth

Or Rey beating Kylo force v force that was some bullshit

Then naggin that storm trooper into freeing her

Seriously I watched it twice in the cinema and enjoyed it. Then got the blu-ray and watched all 7 movies in a row and it stands out as the most stupid of all 7 movies. Rewatch value is really not there except for the lightsaber fight maybe but you look that up on youtube too probably.

It was an average blockbuster movie.

Worst of all 7 films. Boring, formulaic, bad dialogue, not funny, no stakes, just explosions and lasers and over blown tired CGI battle sequences. Characters were weak. Has a feminist/sjw message in it... it's pure shit.

if you had paid attention he left everything and went back to the life he had known after his only son killed a bunch of people and started jerking off to pictures of his father in law
it makes sense for him to go back to his smuggling ways after a blow like that

her learning a force ability but struggling to figure it out was a good idea though, it showed she was powerful but untrained, it was fine to show us that she was indeed a jedi to be or whatever
the lightsaber fight was retarded as all shit though, should have been her getting her assed kicked then chewie saving her by injuring ben so they could all escape
that would have created a nice dynamic for their next fight

>implying Rey isn't the hero of the story

Also can I just say that this film had the worst sound effects of them all. Now, I don't mean the sound quality, the sound quality was great. I specifally mean the choice of sounds they used. Like what the fuck are those bassy laser sounds about? And the weird saber clash sounds in the battle? Wtf

I'm lost for words honestly, part of me wants to think you're trolling but this is the kind of shit that people actually believe

>SJWs
>feminism
Star Wars is famous for having only like 3-4 female characters in the universe, and there were more females in the prequels/originals than this movie. I'm not gonna argue wether or not you think the movie is boring or whatever because you probably like transformers age of extinction or something