Hey Cred Forums, have been lurking for a long time, but never post...

Hey Cred Forums, have been lurking for a long time, but never post. I've observed that generally you're a bunch of funny cocksuckers and usually with signs of intelligence. So I'd like to ask you about your thoughts on the following: As you may see, human stupidity is reaching its peak, so I imagined a future in which (still don't know how) an entire country is ruled by a supercomputer. Which would be the main problems that can arise under a "computocracy"? No human government, no bullshit of parliaments or so, just cold and pure computer logic. Do your best or post tits, both work for me.

Keep bumping while i reply.

bump

Hello again, nifty America. It's me, your president, John Henry Eden.

I knew it will show up eventually, but I'd like to keep it as realistic as possible :D

Alright. In order to fully comprehend a system like this, governed by an omniscient computer, would be very bureaucratic.
Then again, human governments are generally based on one, or a mix of four ideologies.

>Religious Totalitarianism - Saudi Arabia/Dark Ages in Europe.
>Western Democracy - Voltaire, Locke, Rousseau, and Montesquieu - Scandinavia/Britain/US/Germany, etc.
>Non-Religious Totalitarianism - Communism, and to an extent Fascism - Soviet Union, Nazi Germany/Italy, etc
>Anarchism - Small states, decentralized - No examples in the modern world.

The problem with these, is primarily that there exists FOUR.
For example, communism would function, but only if it was a global system.
Same goes for Fascism, a global democracy, or a religious totalitarian state (Althoug this is by far not applicable today)

A computer running the world would essentially run it on communistic principles, as these are the most logical, albeit perhaps still not the best.

You decide. Computer or nah?

Have some titties.

A lot of people seem to believe a computer like that would somehow destroy all humanity because they watched Terminator. I doubt that - The government is not the military. And since a computer is programmed to follow instructions, you could easilly prevent them from having control over a military, even one without human soldiers. They wouldn't look for a work around because they wouldn't want to, they only need to manage resources and provide them. That is all a government does, as well as preventing their "misuse" whatever they concern as that at the time.

OP here. Nice approach. As you say, most probably, and bearing in mind that this system works for the care of the human population (not destroy it or some style Matrix,Skynet, whatever), the most logical idea is that this system will work under the Communistic principle, given that there is not (technically) flawed human that can ruin it. So let's say Computer yeah.

>As you may see, human stupidity is reaching its peak, so I imagined a future in which (still don't know how) an entire country is ruled by a supercomputer.
First problem; people are dumb because computers remove their need to think. Having society controlled by a computer would probably just de-evolve the human race further. But I digress.

>Which would be the main problems that can arise under a "computocracy"? No human government, no bullshit of parliaments or so, just cold and pure computer logic. Do your best or post tits, both work for me.

The most serious problem is, who gets to program that computer? Because they're the ones who gets to decide that computer's priorities. They would be the defacto rulers of this world, the computer would simply be their executor. Much like a president or prime minister, that computer would mainly be a figurehead at best and a sockpuppet at worst.

Another great point. I didn't thought of the military as such, given that I imagine that this government would emerge from a fucked up war situation, leaving the scenario clean to develop this new government.

Tits for the replies so far, I thought the post would 404d.

Yo turd burglar. Did you not ever see or read TRON? Helloooooooo? Anybody in there? Why dont you make like a tree and fuck off

Me thinks the plot of metal gear has robot overlords too. Something about a group of super comps that govern different parts of economy and politics

>The most serious problem is, who gets to program that computer? Because they're the ones who gets to decide that computer's priorities. They would be the defacto rulers of this world, the computer would simply be their executor. Much like a president or prime minister, that computer would mainly be a figurehead at best and a sockpuppet at worst.

Exactly. At the beginning it has to be, let's say "configured". But here, and at risk to fall in a common place, I imagined that over time would get self conscious, and regulate its own flaws, deficiencies. It needs a lot of imagination also, but I thought of the initial creators as "gooddoers" after a fucked up scenario.

How self-concious can we allow a computer to get?
Free Will, in the tradition sense would lead that consciousness towards self-winning.
We are essentially individualistic, egoistic, and searching personal success, although out subjective definitions of success differs.

>I've observed that generally you're a bunch of funny cocksuckers and usually with signs of intelligence.

You need to lurk moar, as you have obviously come to the wrong conclusion about the average b/tard.

>How self-concious can we allow a computer to get?

That's a great point that I haven't thought so far. I need this kind of flaws exposed to avoid cliches or common places, because the "computer gets self conscious and rebels against its creator" is pretty milked so far.

What if in the spirit of its mission, which would be rule a country as fairest as possible, the system gets over the initial specifications? Like thinking "well, humans are stupider as I was programmed to believe, it has to be done this and that for their own sake"?

Like a previous poster said - Communism is the logical option for managment of resources. Of course, western society is biased against it since it has always lived under a class system and it believes the USSR failed. "Human nature" and all that. However, since production is increasingly done by robots which work far more efficiently than humans there may come a time when capitalism is impossible, due to there not being enough jobs and thus the concept of money being "earned" won't truly work. The country will run itself, so people won't be able to make money doing it. Much like what you see on star trek, I don't think a war will truly stop capitalism, although there will be conflicts - It'll be the time when technology surpasses the need for it.

In a world like that, since necessities like food, water, electricity, etc will all produce themselves, they will have to be freely given to the populace. People may still have jobs, but you can't "earn" food that is so abundant, and has no way to be earned. You can't sell it either, since there's no way to pay for it.

Titties round, thanks for the replies!

Reprogramming, hacking, and possible AI corruption would make this a very dangerous prospect for humanity.

Giving any singular entity that much control is dangerous for the populous at large.

Better education and living conditions ultimately create peace and prosperity.

Freedom to live as one chooses is also essential as long as there is no harm to otherfs in the process.

>Believes the USSR failed - It did.

To make you all realize something - Communism and Capitalism seek the SAME thing. The goal of both ideologies is to work hard until one no longer HAS to work, and can sit back and enjoy success.

>Capitalism says this is the individuals responsibility, everyone else is competition. Crush it.
>Communism says if people with a shared goal work together to accomplish said goal, they'll get there faster.

Blame Stalin and Bresjnev for the latters failure.

Churchill said something along the lines of "Democracy is the worst system of government, except for all the others."
Same can be applied to Capitalism.

Go.

I believe these systems failed because of the amount of power held by one person only, among other things, as the pressure of the USA block during all the Cold War.

However, fellas like Ceaucescu in Romania or the North Korean fatties are a clear example of what can be wrong with the "communism".

Communism creates very little incentive for intelligent and talented individuals. It gives no goal to seek and instead treats everyone as though they are equally skilled.

True capitalism no longer exists within the economy of the united states.

Not who you responded to.

I am no communist. Not. At. All.
>BUT, I would argue that Trotsky's version of communism would, or COULD function, although I do not agree.

No? Look at the Space Race. The Soviet Union was first with everything. First:ยจ
>Satelite
>Man in space
>Woman in space
>Animal
>Mammal
>Monkey
>Man in space for an extended perod of time
>Spacewalking
>Man around Earth.

USA:
>THE MOON IS OURS REEEEEE

So no, although there is some truth, it's obbious that even though they spent an unfathomable amount of resources, failed attempts, etc, they did it.