I'm attempting to build a computer for the 1st time and I can't get it to display anything on a monitor

I'm attempting to build a computer for the 1st time and I can't get it to display anything on a monitor.

I can't find a monitor port on the mother-board ports so I tried the VGA and HDMI ports on the mother-board but it didn't work.

The mother-board is "asrock x99e mini itx ac" with an LGA-2011 CPU-socket and the graphics card in the PCIe slot is "Nvidia GT 710".

I tried looking stuff up about it but I haven't found anything. They usually talk about the board, put together everything inside it, over-clock it, but don't talk about connecting it to a monitor.

Please help me.

Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

hurr-durr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Too long; didn't read: My computer doesn't display anything.

Pics related. They're my mother-board's ports and my mother-board inside of the chassiss.

Here's basically all the information.

>Chassis: Corsair Obsidian 250D
>Mother-board: Asrock x99e mini itx ac
>CPU: Intel i7-6800K
>PSU: Seasonic 520-watt Fanless Platnium ATX12V
>RAM: Crucial 4GBx2 DDR4-2133 CL15 DIMM
>GPU: Nvidia GT 710
>CPU-cooler: Dynatron T318
>M2: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB
>SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 128GB

If that means anything.

If you need more information then please say so.

More "context" information you don't have to read.

When I attempt to put in VGA and HDMI in 1 monitor it says "no signal". When I put it in a different VGA-only monitor it says "no signal". Yes they are plugged in correctly. I checked that.

The GT 710 isn't "low-profile". I still don't know what that means. But I think it has to do with fitting inside a chassis. Because I couldn't get the VGA port to fit in due to a thing on the chassis being in the way. So I cut the side off so fits. It fits now. Still doesn't display. Like HDMI.

I wanted the build to be with as small of a mother-board as possible while still being powerful. Mainly because I'm told "you only need 1 GPU"; So I figured a small mother-board with 1 PCIe port would be good enough. I also wanted it to be fanless. So I went with a fanless PSU and fanless CPU-cooler.

The CPU-cooler "Dynatron T318" is a fanless server-CPU cooler. I guess I could use a server-CPU. But then that's like "oh it has to be the right mother-board for the right CPU or you have to flash the NAND and figure out how to do all that etc.". It's like they make server stuff complicated on purpose. So I wanted to use relatively normal parts for a not-so-normal build.

The i7-6800K has a clock-speed of 3.60GHz and a TDP of 140W. So I figured I would try to under-clock it to 1.80GHz as soon as I could. So I could attempt to use fanless-cooling. If that doesn't work then I'd actually probably try under-clocking to 0.9 GHz. Keep trying until it works. Then - if I get to a point where it does work - I can attempt to raise it bit-by-bit and see if the cooling is alright. Of course I'd test it under-stress-load while under-clocked to make sure it's going as high as it can. This is the experiment I want to do. 1 of the points of doing this in the 1st place. Doing stuff I want to do. To see what happens. If it doesn't work for some reason then I'll put a normal fan cooler or something and run it under normal speeds, I guess.

Also I did attempt to look it up but can't find any information. It takes DDR4 memory and that's what I got for it. I found something that said it won't take DDR4 16GB memory for 1 ram-stick. But I got 2 4GB ram-sticks.

I did push-down my ram-sticks to make sure they were locked-in. I did push in everything else. So everything should be connected.

I don't usually take pictures and post them. But I thought that without the pictures there would be less of a chance for a response. So any thoughts or advice on that is alright.

Also to be honest I was sort of hesitant to post this or post or look at things in general anymore because the response is expected now. But you are the only one I have. So if this doesn't work then I'm done and forced to attempt to try so-called "real-life", I guess...

Put every cable in correct dumbass

HAHAHA I HOPE THIS IS A TROLL THREAD

sorry

no dumbass here

must b u ;;))

IT HAS NO VIDEO PORT RETARD GET A GRAPHICS CARD

HAHAHA I HOPE THIS IS A TROLL POST

sorry

no retard here

must b u ;;))

I NEVER SAID IT HAD A VIDEO PORT RETARD I HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD

inb4 I plan on doing Cred Forums. I like to use Cred Forums as a test thread or "rehearsal" thread.

Also Cred Forums is random and there's /hc/ and cancer on here all the time. So.

Thank you.

Op the display cable has to be connected to the graphics card not the motherboard

1. Check that the computer has power, a power supply, and power supply is connected to motherboard, and that the motherboard has a CPU, and that the CPU has a fan, and that the fan spins when powered on. whew.

2. Check that there is RAM in there. Without it, no boot.

3. Check that there si a battery (CR2032) on the motherboard. No battery, no boot.

4. Try alternating (with adapters, without changing the build) between VGA, HDMI, and DVI in 3 successive power-ons.

you thought you could just put together a computer without tuning the channels first? you need more learning

yup

Make sure your wires are all hooked up properly.

Make sure your CPU is in the right way.

Make sure your PSU is supplying enough power.

Power to the gpu?

HEY! DID YOU TURN THE MONITOR ON?

I know this might sound dumb, but have you turned the monitor into the right mode for the kind of input you are using?

try a different monitor, try re putting in the gpu, try without gpu, take a memory stick out and try it with 1, look if your motherboard has warning lights and see what the light correlates too. The different monitor is the most likely thing, its happened me to a few times

Why would you ever get a gt 710, invest like 30 bucks more for a not shit graphics card

Cred Forums will either ignore you or get really upset.
>2016
>asking for help
>has a phone
>not streaming it live for people to see what might be wrong

WELL FOR STARTERS HOLD THE FUCKIN' CAMERA STILL, MIKEY

These kids can be so fucking stupid

Dude are you sure your motherboard supports your CPU ?

I'm pretty drunk so ignore me if I don't get something.

You don't know how to connect your monitor to your pc?

Did you connected the PCU-CPU cable ?

You need the proper cables.

>Asking for help building a computer. On Cred Forums.

Either bait or too stupid to be allowed to buy computer parts.

Is your gpu connected to your psu?

fuck she's adorable
who is she

what is the bpm?

Make sure the CPU is the right way? haha
Well if its in the wrong way he is gonna need a new CPU

dont forget to crimp your psu wires, as shown here

Gonna polite sage the thread.

user the display cable is connected to the graphics card not the motherboard

yup

>nvidia gt710
lmao

>Why would you ever get a gt 710, invest like 30 bucks more for a not shit graphics card

It was the best cheapest small GPU I could find that's fanless. I'd prefer low-profile, and there are more powerful things, but they're much more expensive. They're also larger.

>Cred Forums will either ignore you or get really upset.

Yeah I was expecting that.
>I don't like /wsr/ because the threads go on for too long.

>2016
>not asking for help
>has a computer
>not posting it live for people to see what might be wrong

>intel i7
>heat sink has no fans
ya blew it

test

>light bulb in powersupply
smarter than OP

you thought i thought i could just put together a computer without tuning the channels first?
you need more learning

How are you posting here if you don't have a monitor??

WELL FOR STARTERS THE FUCKIN' BATTERY RAN OUT, MIKEY

try deleting system 32

These kids can be so fucking stupid

>Dude are you sure your motherboard supports your CPU ?

Yeah it's LGA 2011.

>I'm pretty drunk so ignore me if I don't get something.
>
>You don't know how to connect your monitor to your pc?

My mother-board doesn't have a display port. So I put in my graphics card and tried the VGA and HDMI port there. But it didn't work.

>Did you connected the PCU-CPU cable ?

Yeah. The mother-board power-supply cable and the CPU power-supply calbe are in.

No CPU cooler fan? Don't turn it on dude, that sucker will cook out.

>You need the proper cables.
>what is the bpm?
>dont forget to crimp your psu wires, as shown here
GOING WITH THIS

>Posting lewd. On Cred Forums.

Either bait or too stupid to be allowed to save lewd.

>Is your gpu connected to your psu?

I plugged the PSU ports in the mother-board. Is there supposed to be a power-supply that plugs into the mother-board? I don't see it immediately on the gt710. But maybe that's it. Thank you.

>Make sure the CPU is the right way? haha
>Well if its in the wrong way he is gonna need a new CPU

Yeah it's in the right way. I did the triangle thing.

>not nvidia gt710
lmao

get out

>under-clock
>not heat sink with no fans
ya blew it

well faggot if you're so smart why are you here begging for help? checkmate, nigger.

Are you sure the motherboard even supports the graphics card you have in it?

try resetting cmos. should look like a little silver coing on motherboard. take out and flip upside down and contact the top the the port it was originally in to reset the bios. it might work this helped my problem. also check out Toms hardware . com

> pic related

>light bulb in powersupply
smarter than user

>How are you posting here if you don't have a monitor??

I do have a monitor.. This is another computer..

>try deleting system 32
GOING WITH THIS

>No CPU cooler fan? Don't turn it on dude, that sucker will cook out.

I turned it on but when it didn't display I turned it off right away in like 10 seconds. I thought it'd be fine if I turned it on for a little while until I could under-clock it. But thank you.

>well faggot if you're so smart why are you here begging for help? checkmate, nigger.

well faggot if you're so smart why are you here begging for rage? checkmate, nigger.

>Are you sure the motherboard even supports the graphics card you have in it?

I don't even. I'd assume that it did. I don't see why not. It's an older graphics card and newer mother-board.

put the DVI cable into your graphics card and connect that cable to your monitor

THE FUCKING POWER SUPPLY IS TURNED OFF

>try resetting cmos. should look like a little silver coing on motherboard. take out and flip upside down and contact the top the the port it was originally in to reset the bios. it might work this helped my problem. also check out Toms hardware . com
>
>> pic related

Well I don't see it but I'll keep that in mind. Thank you.

>File: 1474135785756.jpg 1474138872733.jpg
>File: 1474135785756.jpg 1474138899720.jpg
>File: 1474135785756.jpg 1474138929771.jpg
>File: 1474135785756.jpg 1474138969805.jpg

I don't know why you posted this. If you're emphasizing that the switch is off - I turned it on before and it still didn't work. I can see it and even hear it power-on thru my head-phones. But nothing to display.

They are amusing posts tho. Thank you.

This probably isn't the best place to ask, and you seem very inexperienced. Go to buildapc.reddit.com or something.

If you have a lot of stuff plugged into one outlet with the monitor you could be pulling too much power and that could be why it isn't working. Also it could just be a problem with your cord.

ok. sorry if i ask/suggest same others already have, but TL;DR

does it power up, fans spin and get a LED light on the mobo?

unplug everything except gpu, 1 ram stick, and keyboard

take a monitor and cable you know works and plug it in, dont plug in a second one.

try the monitor in all outputs on the gpu.

try the stick of ram in each slot, if that doesnt work try another stick in each slot until you tried all sticks in all slots one at a time.

reseat the gpu.

>THE FUCKING POWER SUPPLY IS TURNED OFF

Yeah, and. For that image. Of course I wouldn't leave it on all the time if I don't need to. When I was testing it before it was on. I thought this was obvious. But I guess not. Still. Amusing posts. Thank you.

>put the DVI cable into your graphics card and connect that cable to your monitor

I don't have a DVI cable but thank you.

do this you retard

also do you hear your motherboard POST successfully?

sorry

no retard here

must b u ;;))

>do you hear your motherboard POST successfully?

I don't know what that is. I don't hear beeps from it. I think it's UEFI not BIOS. I thought POST was like post on the monitor. That's why I plugged it in.

>This probably isn't the best place to ask, and you seem very inexperienced. Go to buildapc.reddit.com or something.

I know. Same with everything else on here. Again it's a rehearsal for Cred Forums. I know. I said I was but everyone's like "yeah you should build a computer". I don't like or go to leddit but thank you.

back to le dit

>If you have a lot of stuff plugged into one outlet with the monitor you could be pulling too much power and that could be why it isn't working. Also it could just be a problem with your cord.

I don't know. I don't think it's that. Maybe. Thank you.

>ok. sorry if i ask/suggest same others already have, but TL;DR
>
>does it power up, fans spin and get a LED light on the mobo?
>
>unplug everything except gpu, 1 ram stick, and keyboard
>
>take a monitor and cable you know works and plug it in, dont plug in a second one.
>
>try the monitor in all outputs on the gpu.
>
>try the stick of ram in each slot, if that doesnt work try another stick in each slot until you tried all sticks in all slots one at a time.
>
>reseat the gpu.

it's alright. i deal with Cred Forums like my special children that they are. they can ask the same question over and over.

it powers up. i see the power-light saying it does. i hear it thru my head-phones. it's fanless and there's no fan. i wanted to under-clock it. so i thought if i left it fanelss for a short period of time that it woudl at least display. i had it in the chassis and i wasn't looking for an l.e.d. light on the mother-board and don't know if it has it but i'll keep that in mind.

maybe.

i know the monitor works but it it doesn't display for this. i tried individually but it doesn't seem to work either. i'll keep tryiing.

i can't do all out-puts because i don't have DVI.

maybe. i'll keep that in mind.

alright i'll keep this in mind.

thank you.

>dumbphone and similar "device" shit
good goy.
>camwhoring
good goy.

gtfo then cancer.

ayy if yall fucks love cancer so much gtfo then.

yall takin up board server n shyt.

Whatever this thread is a disaster.

I'm deleting the thread.

This thread is so stupid.

I'm sorry everyone.

I'm going to attempt to delete this

thread now.

I'll attempt to do more things

suggested in this thread and stuff.

I'll post an update thread on this

"story" later on.

I know how you love stories so much .

I didn't want this to be "a thing". But

I guess now it is.

So.

Thank you.

>Error: You cannot delete a post this old.

I fucking hate the future.

Whatever. Just sage the thread. I don't want this to continue right now.

Will post an update thread later as this develops.

Thank you.

>fan-less
plug in the CPU fan...

maybe...

I was under the impression that you could "mod" your computer any way you wanted... so I wanted to make it mini itx and fanless... i don't think that it wouldn't work just because a fan isn't plugged in... but maybe that's it...

And you didn't disappoint me.

So I'll be here still.

Again will update later as this develops.

It's just when I get stuck in situations like this then I get desperate.

I guess I should've went with a laptop but you said to build a computer so that's what I'm doing.

Thank you.

Stop being a fucking tard and try it.

kys

kys

sorry

no tard here

must b u ;;))

>like 20 of you trying to make long posts at once
>have to read and reply to all of them
>finally have time to work on it
>more rage spam insulting me telling me to work on it

yeah, this is really going places...

no the right board for tech support.

not the right board for leddit.

generals
are
cancer

not the right board for lewd.

Cred Forums is random.

I mean it's not going places because I can't get anything done and I want this to 404 either.

Also this isn't "tech support" I'm just asking.

Why is this a thing.

>2016 not being able to troubleshoot your own pc

>2016 not being able to troubleshoot someone else's pc

Is your monitor switched on?

yeah

I never never had to do this before. So I never did this before. So I don't know how to do it.

>accidentally bumped instead of saged

Whoops!!

>stuck in thread
>can't even delete it

No wonder I left here for months.

Whatever.

Who gives a shit.

Does the shithole you live in have electricity?

Why the fuck do you keep saying "mother-board"

It's motherboard. Quit trying to fancy your shit up with unnecessary punctuation.

Also tune the channels.

Make sure your card supprts the I.D. ten t specs for low profile interface

OP is this a picture of a cat?

I'm trying to establish a baseline here.

you might need to RMA your graphics card you might have gotten a dud. Also that's not a very good graphics card its shit btw if you want to game

Sounds like a problem with system32.

Can any other user advise on that?

Don't worry, this whole interweb thing is just a fad anyway.

Here you go.

You've probably tried this, but in you picture, I see the switch on your psu isn't on..you are turning on after plugging everything in, right?

Well fucking get one you ass clown

C'mon user! I've seen the professor and Gilligan build one out of coconuts and fucking bamboo! YOU CAN DO IT!

>implying it can play anything other than minesweeper

I have the same exact problem. Do you have a solution yet?
Btw no beeps because you don't have speakers

the beep does not come from normal speakers you need a built in mobo speaker or one of these

see

Rehersal for g. You're fucking autistic as fuck

OP check out this site for help : hurr-durr.com/

Yeah, mine didn't come with one either. Was thinking of taking one from an old desktop

He prob did, Satan

Literally every reply in this thread is fucking autistic. You're trying to use a graphics card without the supporting drivers, which will not work without first having Windows 7 or newer installed to make use of the Windows certified general purpose graphics drivers.

Install Windows on your SSD/HDD first, then try again with your setup.

This is some powerful bait user use it wisely...

How stupid are you?

Oh nevermind you just told everyone.

>Because I couldn't get the VGA port to fit in due to a thing on the chassis being in the way. So I cut the side off so fits.
You cut part of your graphics card off?

OP try booting on 1 stick of RAM, in the slot closest to CPU. If that doesnt work try the other stick in the same spot

tfw you used to have that video card

on-board video is probably disabled in bios on the assumption that you would have a separate video card

or get a vga to dvi adapter they cost like 2$

this is honestly probably your problem

Why the fuck do you keep saying "motherboard"

It's mother-board. Quit trying to fancy your shit up with unnecessary punctuation.

Also tuned the channels.

>bootfailflowchart.png

tl;dr

just kidding.

noted.

>Make sure your card supprts the I.D. ten t specs for low profile interface

I don't know how to check for that. I thought the gt 710 would do all that.

it's your case bro. the obsidian series is famous for this problem

user is this a picture of a cat?

I'm trying to establish a baseline here.

>you might need to RMA your graphics card you might have gotten a dud. Also that's not a very good graphics card its shit btw if you want to game

ugh that takes too long and I hope not. it was the best graphics card available that's fanless for the price and that was the "build" i wanted to go for but thank you.

>user got gamerscammed and is gamerhurt in his gamerass

>Sounds like a problem with system32.
>
>Can any other user advise on that?

Yeah I deleted system 32, installed gentoo, cut the power-cords, checked its heart-rate BPM, screwed in a light-bulb, and gave it a bubble-bath.

user's confirmed and advised but thank you.

>Don't worry, this whole interweb thing is just a fad anyway.

Exactly.

>webm
good goy.

that mobo doesnt have onboard video you retard

>You've probably tried this, but in you picture, I see the switch on your psu isn't on..you are turning on after plugging everything in, right?

Right.

sorry

no ass clown here

must b u ;;))

>C'mon user! I've seen the professor and Gilligan build one out of coconuts and fucking bamboo! YOU CAN DO IT!

...thank you....

>implying it can't play anything other than minesweeper

>I have the same exact problem. Do you have a solution yet?
>Btw no beeps because you don't have speakers

We have the same problems. No.
I put my headphones in and hear dead-air.

>the beep does not come from normal speakers you need a built in mobo speaker or one of these
>
>see

I don't have those and it didn't come with those and I don't know if it would take those.

>Rehersal for g. You're fucking autistic as fuck

What the fuck is "g"? Bitch, Cred Forums!! Taking the internet seriously. You're fucking autistic as fuck

>i7 6800k
>GT 710
>???????

user check out this site for help : htttp://www.durr.hurr.com/

>Yeah, mine didn't come with one either. Was thinking of taking one from an old desktop

I don't know.

>HEY! DID YOU TURN THE MONITOR ON?

Yeah. Thank, Satan.

>He prob did, Satan

Yeah.

>Literally every reply in this thread is fucking autistic. You're trying to use a graphics card without the supporting drivers, which will not work without first having Windows 7 or newer installed to make use of the Windows certified general purpose graphics drivers.
>
>Install Windows on your SSD/HDD first, then try again with your setup.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt. You can't put the parts together and at least get the monitor to display something without using another computer? So and endless chain of computers is needed to get other computers up?

>How stupid are you?
>
>Oh nevermind you just told everyone.
>1466105840677.png

I guess this is a "troll" or so-called "bait".

>This is some powerful bait user use it wisely...

It is not a "troll" or "bait". It really does not work.

>>Because I couldn't get the VGA port to fit in due to a thing on the chassis being in the way. So I cut the side off so fits.
>You cut part of your graphics card off?

lol no. I cut the side of the VGA off. Just the screw part. It should still function. And nothing of the HDMI cable is cut off; Which also doesn't display.

>OP try booting on 1 stick of RAM, in the slot closest to CPU. If that doesnt work try the other stick in the same spot

Noted.

>on-board video is probably disabled in bios on the assumption that you would have a separate video card

well if that's the case then I don't know how to access it since I can't see it.

>or get a vga to dvi adapter they cost like 2$

i'm extremely tight on money and extremely poorfag and don't want things to keep adding up. i may do that or go to a store later if i have to. thank you.

>this is honestly probably your problem

i can't see it

you should start at the basics hdd ram board cpu power supply one monitor mouse and keyboard on board graphics, chances are if nothings happening at its basic level it's a power issue

put a fan on your heat sink

>it's your case bro. the obsidian series is famous for this problem

really? i got the larger obsidian case because it's supposed to be "user-friendly". i have a smaller "i have a silverstone sg13b" that's smaller that i planned on possibly transferring using after getting it set up in the obsidian 260d.

>>i7 6800k
>>GT 710
>>???????

Yeah.
Yeah.
They said with "build a computer" you could build any computer you wanted. So I built any computer I wanted. I wanted a small computer with a powerful-CPU and also fanless. To see if I could do it. I probably could've gotten a mother-board with an on-board video-port in retro-spec and hind-sight. But again I'm poorfag and can't afford to experiment. So I went with what I wanted. Now I gotta deal with it. Tho it seems I can't deal with it.

Pop your case open and take a pic of your card/mobo.

>I don't know
That's the most useless reply ever. Why even reply?

>>I don't know
>That's the most useless reply ever. Why even reply?

I don't know.

Other guy with same problem here. I tried using the ports on the gpu but they didn't work either

>Pop your case open and take a pic of your card/mobo.

I didn't want to take more pictures and the battery ran out but if I get a chance I'll look for another one so maybe.

I seriously don't understand how you can fuck up building a modern computer. You plug shit in and fucking turn it on. I have a pile of old computer hardware from the 80's and 90s I'll let you play with if you ever figure this out and want a real problem to solve.

You fucking millennials are the god damned worst.

>you should start at the basics hdd ram board cpu power supply one monitor mouse and keyboard on board graphics, chances are if nothings happening at its basic level it's a power issue
>
>put a fan on your heat sink

I've been trying to do the basics to get it started and it hasn't been working

i guess so

Faggot

This is the exact response I expected

farmville doesnt count

you could have started with something cheaper and gotten some fucking ideas and thoughts on parts beforehand.

how does it feel to be retarded?

Can't be bothered read this whole thread, but sometimes the graphics card has a little bit of plastic that needs to be removed for it to work.

I also had that sinking feeling of FUCK IT DOESN'T WORK when I built mine, and then found the tiny bit of plastic that needed to be removed!

it wont fit the fucking pci-e slot without removing the plastic cover for fuck sake have you ever built a computer yourself?

Where?

you've fried your video card. you'll have to buy a new one.

on the part that goes into the mobo, but it wont fit with it on so that user is retarded.

The lights come on and fans on it spin so naw

OP, your PSU isn't turned on in pic

you know nothing about computers shut the fuck up, the led and fan can still work even when it's fucking busted.

Did you even hook up your post speaker? It comes with one for a reason.

Check the RAM I had the same problem. Maybe it's defect.

Try with just one and be sure it's correct installed.

Have you tried pissing on it yet. The ammonia in your piss will help clean the contacts and lubricate the electricity.

this. hook up the bios speaker, correctly, and see if you here it beep

I'm not op I'm the other guy. I don't know much about hardware. What makes you think it's fried?

lel

Try a different video card in it?

Turn it on with no ram. Does it beep?

Didn't come with one

This Nigger

Ignore the other user. Check the very end of the connector. Some have a very tiny, thin cap over just the end few pins. It will easily go into the motherboard without this removed. It's easily done.

it definitely did, its a small thing like the size of 2-3 m&m's, hooks up to the motherboard with 1 or 2 pins near the power buttons connection

some mobos might have it attached already to the board, read the manual

That's the most useless reply ever. Why even reply?

I seriously don't understand how you can fuck up building a modern computer. You plug shit in and fucking turn it on. I have a pile of new computer hardware from the 10's I'll let you play with if you ever figure this out and want a real problem to solve.

You fucking millennials are the god damned worst.

holy fuck cry more faggot.
You call yourself masc yet here you are bitching like a woman, grab a hold of your balls if there's anything left of them if they haven't fully inverted into a vagina and stop whining like a 5 year old girl.

niggas throwin tantrums and shit

I read all the manuals, didn't mention it and it's not plugged in already. I see where it's supposed to go. I really doubt it came with one and I misplaced it

>I also wanted it to be fanless.

How about you buy new parts start building it again.

not all do.

i didnt say that i said it can still be broken even if fan and led lights up you tard learn to read

To express how useless of a reply it was

>spoonfeeding
>for nothing working

If you don't like it then leave, newfag.

Faggot

This is the exact response I expected

gaymershit doesn't count

no because that would cost more in the long-run.

how does it feel to be retarded?

>Can't be bothered read this whole thread, but sometimes the graphics card has a little bit of plastic that needs to be removed for it to work.
>
>I also had that sinking feeling of FUCK IT DOESN'T WORK when I built mine, and then found the tiny bit of plastic that needed to be removed!

I understand. Is that so.

I don't think that's it. Seems to fit in alright. But thank you.

I assumed you said the other thing too. I can read I'm not a nigger

Dont go crying if your pc blows up somehow. Of all the places, you ask Cred Forums for help..

>you've fried your video card. you'll have to buy a new one.

how? i didn't do anything. i don't even.

>OP, your PSU isn't turned on in pic

user, I know

No it wasn't

>Did you even hook up your post speaker? It comes with one for a reason.

It doesn't seem to come with one.

>Check the RAM I had the same problem. Maybe it's defect.
>
>Try with just one and be sure it's correct installed.

Noted.

>Have you tried pissing on it yet. The ammonia in your piss will help clean the contacts and lubricate the electricity.

Yeah it doesn't work.

>I'm not op I'm the other guy. I don't know much about hardware. What makes you think it's fried?

We always have the same problems user.

Let's be friends.

Same, didn't come with one

>lel

I don't get it.

>Try a different video card in it?
>
>Turn it on with no ram. Does it beep?

I don't have one.

I don't have the speaker to hear that but with no RAM it doesn't work either.

Kek!!!

To usefully express I don't know

Maybe

>Dont go crying if your pc blows up somehow. Of all the places, you ask Cred Forums for help..

Of course not. Of all the places, you go to Cred Forums for stuff.

No. This is relatively the best place to ask. Where do you expect me to ask? Let me guess, are you from leddit?

Not useful

>Same, didn't come with one

See we need to get together.

>i put "sag" instead of "sage"

Kek!!

This

>Maybe

We're already friends. We already always got the same problems.

Not useful

>i didn't sage this post

Kek!!

am i fucking retarded and reading things wrong or are you trying to connect ur motherboard with your monitor

do this: check which cable fits in to your monitor (vga, dvi, hdmi or display port) and then connect it to your graphics card

>This

Of course not.

>no because that would cost more in the long-run
less than it will cost you to replace whatever dead parts in your PC and then upgrade in 1 month when you realize your GPU is utter shit

Not op but tried this and doesn't work either. Was given vga to dvi adapter to use. The adapter doesn't even fit in the mobo dvi slot

his mobo doesnt have a fucking video output you retard

Fanless, small, powerful. You're scaring me user that's going to fucking explode

Turn on the monitor retard and connect to dvi on the graphic card.

Check your processor's seating. Make sure it's in correctly, check for bent pins. If this is in wrong, you won't get any signs of life - no beeps, vid, drive access...

Make sure the RAM is seated correctly. This might stop video, but you should get error beeps.

If you have PCI slots or something where you can plug in a video card, try that to see if you get signal - you may need to turn on the mainboard's video. You should still hear drives firing up, maybe a beep from self-test.

he's gonna underclock it so it's no longer powerful, but he chose the worst fucking cooler for it (some low profile shit).

he's retarded since he knows fucking jack shit about computers and probably didnt ask anyone for advice.

Because there are different types of DVI. If one wishes to use a VGA to DVI adapter, it has to be to DVI-I, which includes the 4 pins required for the snap of VGA signal. Some cards and mobos have DVI-D ports, which lack these four pins, hence why the adapter did not fit in your case.

And, most VGA to DVI-D adapter will not work, so don't be fooled. I think an exception would be more expensive adapters that are typically box shaped, like a hub.

you connect the fucking monitor to the graphics card, the motherboard has nothing to do with this

Did you put thermopaste on your chip before attaching fan? Seen this many times from my amateur friends who build PCs and then it doesn't work.

sounds like a dead vga port

>ur

doesn't work

>>no because that would cost more in the long-run
>less than it will cost you to replace whatever dead parts in your PC and then upgrade in 1 month when you realize your GPU is utter shit

more because i'd have to buy that instead of just one thing and it's the best fanless GPU available making it great.

that's what i said why the fuck are you replying to me?

Also another reason I wanted to get the Nvidia GT 710 was that I can't find certain bench-marks I want on it because there isn't enough information - so I wanted to run some myself.

>tight on money
>went x99
Pick one

>Fanless, small, powerful. You're scaring me user that's going to fucking explode

Nah it's cool. I've seen it done with more powerful things but with fans. So having everything that's meant to be fanless besides the GPU should work if the GPU is under-clocked. I guess later I could replace it with a server GPU or something. I just didn't want to deal with that for a 1st build. Since that would probably be more complicated. True this is complicated and I will use fans if need be. But I wanted to make what I wanted while having it be "mainstream" enough to deal with still. So low-TDP server CPU and stuff will possibly come later in the future I guess.

What is the point of going fanless and underclocking? Deal with the noise or use mobile devices.

>instead of just one thing
what the fuck are you talking about?

all you had to do was get some advice BEFORE BUYING ANYTHING

fucking KYS retard

sorry

no retard here

must b u ;;))

Remove your video card from its slot. Plug your video cable into the motherboard's integrated video card port. When it comes on, disable the integrated video card in the bios. Then re-insert your video card into its slot and try it.

>Check your processor's seating. Make sure it's in correctly, check for bent pins. If this is in wrong, you won't get any signs of life - no beeps, vid, drive access...
>
>Make sure the RAM is seated correctly. This might stop video, but you should get error beeps.
>
>If you have PCI slots or something where you can plug in a video card, try that to see if you get signal - you may need to turn on the mainboard's video. You should still hear drives firing up, maybe a beep from self-test.

I lined up the triangle thing and it's in correctly.

I pushed the ram sticks in completely until it locked it and pushed in the other side and kept pushing in.

I have a PCIe slot and I plugged in the video card and it doesn't seem to work. My mother-board doesn't seem to have a video input. I hear no beep and it's an SSD because I wanted it to be fast and also as a side-thing "silent", too, I guess.

sorry

no retarded here

must b u ;;))

>Did you put thermopaste on your chip before attaching fan? Seen this many times from my amateur friends who build PCs and then it doesn't work.

Yeah. The CPU-cooler came with thermal-paste on it.

>sounds like a dead vga port

then it's a dead hdmi port too

>not tight on money
>went x99
Pick one

>>tight on money
>>went x99
>Pick one

It was a big investment and I don't have any money after that.

That's why I asked if I should get a laptop or build a computer and you're like build a computer and I'm like alright and that's sort of what this is here now.

OP. This will be a bit technical but please try to follow along.

Let's start at the begining.
1. Does the computer have power from the wall?
2. Is the power supply plugged into the wall?
3. Make sure everything is unplugged from USB and SATA ports.
3. Have you reseated the RAM?
4. Have you reseated the CPU?
5. Did you apply thermal paste to the heatsink?
6. Plug the CPU fan in.
7. Is the video card fully seated?
8. Do you have some sort of video cable going from the video card to a monitor?
9. Does the monitor have power?
10. Is the monitor turned on?

Now this last part is really important. So follow along closely.
If you've gone through all of these steps and you're still not getting anything on the monitor,
there's still one thing you can try.
You'll need something wood that won't conduct electricity.
Something like a broomstick or plunger handle would be ideal.
Take said handle
into the bathroom
and go fuck yourself because OP is a faggot.

remove SSD.
take out RAM and put it back in.
take out graphics and put it back in.
plug in a fucking CPU fan like i told you before.

and why the fuck are you replies so fucking retarded
>text
>
>text
>image name link shit

confirmed retard.

fuck this shit im out this retard have no idea what he's doing or how to listen to advice

ABANDON THREAD

Also, is the video card hooked up to the power supply.

Put some fucking fans or LED's in there to see if that shit even works.

Enjoy using your useless computer you idiot

it's a 710 it doesnt need extra power

>$300 motherboard
>$400 cpu
>$40 gpu
Being this retarded, priceless

You forgot the cooler for the cpu too.

Don't do that. PCI is meant to be flush with all other PCI

You probably fucked something else up, like forgetting the standoff screws. I did that too with my first build.

God help your motherboard if that happened.

this. op is beyond help at this point.

/thread

I must be dreaming. Passively cooled cooler for a 6800k? OP must be living in Antarctica

Is the marked part plugged i can't really see it on the picture

B-but it's an intel cpu, it doesn't need fans like amd does.

can someone really be this autistic?

What is the point of "device" shit? Deal with the computer or don't use anything.

Under clocking an i7 doesn't magically make it not need a fan/cooling system.

Buying an inferior graphics card just because it's fanless is one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while.