Why haven't 3D printers exploded in popularity yet...

Why haven't 3D printers exploded in popularity yet? It'll eventually get to the point where you can make ANYTHING in them.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5773408
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>make TINY anythings

I mean they made a really big one in China that prints houses out of concrete, and they're not TOO tiny.

So we have that, at least.

>expensive
>small area
>brittle as fuck

Resin ones look good but even more expensive.

Limited materials selection, and it takes fucking forever to make anything!

>Why haven't 3D printers exploded in popularity yet?
they're expensive as fuck, thats why

as a mechanical engineer all I can say is they are novelty,
you're not going to make anything terribly useful with them.

Im more interest, honestly, in the prospect and potential viability of 3D printing organs from organic material and stimulating them with stem cells.

It could potentially be a good fix to lots of problems arising from faulty organs and lack of healthy ones for transplants.

It's easier to buy something than to make a (probably poorer quality) one yourself.

It's what the Chinks are for, and they're good at it too.

its true all of these can be overcome but the real problem is bigger

time they take forever and even with the fastest parts they will always be slow

its a amazing tool for prototyping or things you will only ever make once

molding is still a much beter processes for everything else

News flash.
They've been at the point where you can make anything from them for decades.
>lrn to CNC

And the same reason that everyone doesn't have a CNC machine. They're expensive as fuck

Wat

>expoed in popularity
user, list the pass times of normies. Most don't want anything to do with tech stuff, and those that do either have no time, or already here and wanting one

>ANYTHING

you are thinking of molecular fabricators. Those will be banned faster than mecha feinstein can scream "muh chillins". Why? well, you wont just be ablue to build anything, but be able to break down anything. Look up NASTEs from Mind Over Ship /Counting Heads)

there a whole thing about machines that are 3d printing houses

its worth a look its neat

Lol

Branding and marketing. Once the right company gets the right product, and finds a retail outlets with a good marketing plan - they will be in every White home in America.

you are WRONG

>implying there's no potential
>as a mechanical engineer
o yea?

Can they into people?

We are all 3D printers we humans

I've been printing these insane dildo out for months. Check it out. Shit can destroy a cervix. Bitches love it. Especially the hydraulic expansion mechanism.

Here is one video, but the other one I saw originally printed houses that looked different to this one.

m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5773408

Get a load of this faggot

Fucking atheists. Here we go again.

I've got a ton of experience with those fuckers. 70% of the time your print fail, the machines break in every possible way almost every time you print something, you have to spend forever cutting out scaffolding, it takes forever, most have a fairly large margin of error so you can't make anything exact, and your prints start to flake apart after awhile from all the damn plastic strings. 3D printers are good for rapid prototyping in some instances, but the technology still has a long way to go before it'll become commonplace. And it's expensive as fuck

hardware:
>hyrel system 30
>polar 3d

>can they into people?
>wat

Copyright protection homosexual. Stop lying.

We have five of these in our company.

Pro-tip if you want entry level don't get a makerbot 1/2/3/x/7billion they're shit
We've also had a leapfrog set fire

Ultimakers are good

3d printing is slowwwwwwwwwwww. The details are bad. The resolution is dodgy. The heat resistance is bad

They're great for prototyping things before you get molds made up and you can print flexible materials as well which is cool

Imagine if you could make anything you wanted out of plastic. What would you make? Basically nothing right? That's why 3d printers are useless

also, if you have a room temperature plate, you have to spend hours freezing your piece before you can actually remove it

you wok in an injector mechanism too?

did /d/ ever figure out the continuous one as well?

?????

I'm printing a nice turd as we speak.

they can make little plastic things
you can buy little plastic things for practically nothing
not very many people want hundreds or thousands of little plastic things, which is what you would need to justify the cost of the printer

Taco Bell resin.

3D printing technology is in a "waiting" period, we need 4-5 months for a new prototype outside the industry that will revolutionize everything, (Price, structure and smaller sizes are the important part)

Nigga fuck you

I'm just saying this is what i've experienced from the ones i've worked with. i'd expect the same out of any other machine. if you want a 3d printer, you have to be willing to put in a lot of maintenance time.

Protip

Never put your duck in a 3d printer. I'm a woman now.

they can make dragon dildos tho

Could you print a Loli pussy? They are pretty small.

Can you print your own dick? It is pretty small

Because Xerox hasnt perfected it yet. When they release the one based on the printhead from their solid in machines it will be like moving from 480p to 4K in quality.

they are expensive
materials are expensive
quality isn't great yet
certain materials can only be used in specific devices so you'll need various models ranging in price and size
bugs haven't been worked out yet

and more importantly
the concept is not to a point where you can create whatever such as glass screens minerals more advanced things. as simple as it sound think about and led bulb its made of plastic and metal
right there you need one printer for the plastic and one for the metal prongs.

yet even if you did have two and stuff you still couldn't make a functionalbulb because led emit light through a chemical reaction betweensome minerals that give off light as a byproduct

so essentially all you can make are non functioning models of things

People assume that 3D printers pop up and suddenly they're intended to be and are supposed to be an end all for any fabrication related problems we currently face today.

The thing is, most of the technology to make anything half decent with a 3D printer is still very new, but it is a technology that will advance at quite a pace in the future.

NASA has a prototype machine that will print edible food from generic organic material, currently it can almost make pizzas and chocolate.

China made a big one to 3D print houses in segments, and can produce several a day.

Some biologists have toyed with the idea of 3D printing organs, and have printed a partially working human kidney.

There is a model that is being produced that will attempt to print with metal.

These machines have a lot of potential in the future, and until we reach a point where they are more efficient and are capable of producing finer detail models, they will never be really more than hobbyist.

But they ARE advancing quickly. Give it another 10-15 years and they will be much much more commonplace, and much faster and more accurate.

I already have that.

Tldr thread though

I'm not discounting the entirety of 3d printing, and i think it has its merits now, its just frustrating as fuck
see my other post

You are a pussy too, why do you need more?

Can't print GF

Do I know you? What's your fucking beef?

carl, calm down

What about the old kind where they put powder down then print resin in cross section. Those seemed way more accurate and finished.

Why did those fall out of favor, or was it mostly just Hollywood magic?

Try better printers.

This is all true of the small shop printers. 3D printing with professional grade printers is extremely successful. Not for mass producing anything, but amazing at making one offs.

Also, a lot of problems with 3D printing goes away with experience of learning to design, instead of relying on the software.

Kek

>They're expensive
>They don't make anything you want that you can't buy

>Triggered
It says right there "anonymous", newfag

He comes to attack your manhood in a 3D printer thread.

Hospitals love them

still out of reach for the average wage slave

Can we print out your butthurt, seems pretty big

Your the one seemingly triggered.

Poor people

>You're*
Well, if triggered is when an angry pussy tries to be funny, i am I guess

>butthurt
>triggered
>newfag
You sound like you just came from /r/Cred Forums

As is everything besides their Honda civic rice shit

You're reddit is showing.

>Your*
I think Reddit is a clean toilet, never found purpose there

Notice how no matter how many times you correct that retard, he'll still make the same mistake.

Yeah, that poor guy though

It's almost as if there's a pattern to it.

Your being rediculous

That phrase is smartly put, dude.
Kudos

Just because the Chinese think it's big doesn't mean it's big. They have a different perspective on things.

Grammer

I'm happy

>also, the internets are just a fad

You're a liar.

Jaden Smith?

Nobody wants it. I don't want to make things at home, i want other people to make better things and sell them cheaply.

damn china is printing houses... we need to up our game

The price, it is cheaper building stuff on your own

Capitalist shill

This is at least the case with FDM 3d printers, which are the only ones that will be affordable for home use anytime in the next decade or two. Upside down resin printers show a lot more promise, but are way more expensive and with an even smaller build volume

No imagination detected

How do 3D printers work?
Materials needed?
(I can understand anything from c# to W/ΩCred ForumsA and circuits)

It's not as cool as it sounds, it just stacks cinder blocks and makes walls.

Because all people care about is entertainment, not making shit- that requires some effort