What do you think about chess?

What do you think about chess?

It is a good game. More people should play chess instead of stupid video games.

Been around since the early middle ages

yeah and more people should take horses to work, fuck cars and subways and bicycles
kids these days

Chess is what i play with the us gvt. So far im winning, but its kinda a stalemate for lack of evidence.

It takes a lot of intelligence to be good at chess. It does not take intelligence to sit around, turning into a potato playing stupid games. I can tell that you never did anything intelligent in your life. You are one dumb fuck piece of trash. Cultured, educated and intelligent men play chess. Crude, uneducated and stupid people love video games.

Supreme gentleman
>tips fedora

Loved it as a kid, but as I got older (and weebier), I moved on to Shogi.

What if I can do both?

>What is video chess?

Wow, easy there fedora master.

Chess is cool and all, but isn't my cup of tea. I much prefer Checkers, since I don't want to think when I want to relax.

I play chess and it's awesome. I bet them CS-fags feel the way like I do ingame. Are chessplayers superior? On an intellectual scale I think we just might be. But on a metaphysical scale? We are not

Its a game of strategy. Something faggots dont have these days

Great game, don't play it enough due to the shear lack of people who know how to play. It's a shame that such a classic is slowly dying because of a lack of players

sad but true.

Overrated

But can you 360 no scope?

fuck you fagget! alot of people play. I play on chess com all the time.

OH NO YOU SANK MY JENGA SHIP!

Anyone play competitively? What's your FIDE rating?

I tried to learn some openings. Its fucking difficult.

You learn an opening sequence. You try to play it against someone. Youre playing against someone who's equally as beginner as you are so they arent necessarily playing optimal responses, so after a few moves, the theory you learnt is out the window.

Then youre back to just making it up as you go along.

Perfection.

Can anyone provide stories (>greentext not necessary) of how they got into chess?

I can Google how to beat just about anyone at Chess the days. It doesn't take any skill to move pieces. Go outside and clean the pretend sweat off your brow.

not very good for spectators
too hard for new players to get into
no expansion packs

>greentext not necessary

when you gain a few years maybe you'll realize Go is the only right answer

Pretty good game at first. But the developer released too many patches that made the game way too unbalanced unless you fork over the $50+ dollars for the dlc. The micro-transactions just make the game too pay-to-win

tl;dr: 9/11- IGN

What if you played against one of those supercomputers that are programmed only to play chess? That would be a rather smart video game, right?

I lose at Go even harder than I lose at Shogi.

I prefer Source to GO. The Counter Strike series just went downhill from there.

fag thread

What do you guys think of Mahjong?

Shit is fun as fuck, but finding 3 other players is so hard that I rarely play IRL.

I was talking about Go-moku, the board game.

Have you watched any of the AlphaGo vs Lee Sedol?

I don't watch sports, even e-sports...or board games on TV.