Have any of you transitioned from being a reclusive depressed socially retarded anxious paranoid NEET to something that...

Have any of you transitioned from being a reclusive depressed socially retarded anxious paranoid NEET to something that could be considered successful, or at least happy? How did you do it?

I did.
I got a job at the local liquor store. Started swimming at the local pool.

I suppose you could say I did. It was mostly putting myself in a high stress customer facing job and just dealing with it. Getting ready to buy a house now. It ain't easy, but you can do it op. Yes I still play the vydia and my fiancee plays a little too.

Nice
computer games were never the problem for me, though they take a chunk of my time, it's mostly my anxiety and paranoia that's holed me into my room. Games, tv shows, movies, web browsing, music, it's all just stuff that passes the time, in which I'd otherwise have to think about my shitty existence.

i did. just decided to stop being a victim. got a job, cleaned up my act and happen to run into a girl that i later married

And what do you do that isn't displayed on a screen of some sort?

>be 18
>240lbs, chip-eating recluse vidya gamer
>decided enough
>gym membership
>put in effort
>schooling away from home
>be 24, fit, wonderful gf and ~80k / year.

You just have to start.

/thread

That's wonderful, user.

I did, with adderall, a bad breakup and a lot of alcohol

Eat, drink, empty bodily fluids & waste, sleep.

That's a nice story but I'm 28 and too paranoid/ anxious/ ashamed to leave my door let at alone go to a gym filled with people or a college. Also can't seem to make myself give a shit enough to motivate myself to do anything.

Drug dependency always works. Try out some H: best advice this thread has to offer

Well then there's your problem, you don't want to fix it. Until you do something about it, it will.never change. Get off your ass, stop feeling sorry for yourself and go do something about it. Go check the definition of insanity user.

Not the same user you replied to, but lifting will make you feel happier (endorphin). Do it for yourself, and everything will flow from there

>successfull
software development

>happy
fuck no

That's your problem, you care too much about what others think of you. I did too user, but do you think anyone ever really did? No, I was just another fat guy at the gym. Fuck em, focus on you. Can't make you want it, you gotta want it. It's there, up to you to grab it.

I wouldn't rule it out at this point as a possibility of something I could do actually. Been thinking about suicide for years and H seems the ideal way.

I just asked for advice about how I could make a chanhe to my life and mental health to become something more meaningful, not someone telling me to go join a gym and a college and get a gf and an $80k a year job. Go back to /-eddit and farm some more upboats with your little stories and snarky gramatically on point put downs

I also forgot to add if you can't "get motivated" to fix it, then you need to stfu and get over it. You are fucking yourself.

My big change came when I stopped thinking and planning and wondering. Those make awesome procrastination tools. At the end of the day you gotta just get out and do what ya want to do. Fake a bit if you have to. Hate parts of it at first. Fail a few times. It's worth it in the end though to feel engaged and alive.

This user replying now, same in all noted.
You are stopping yourself you know what needs done, now is the time to go do it.

Why do internet kids these days always fill everything with 'stfu' and 'fucking' when participating in a conversation and always jump immediately to shooting people down and stomping all over their idea or their post or something they said? the internet lost a significant proportion of its chill at some point between the 90s and 2016

ily

I'd you end the NEET shit, the rest works itself out.

Are you the tax man?

I did. I moved away from my parents, moved in with some cousins, got a job, worked my way up in that job, and am now dating. I did it by getting rid of all the things that were just a crutch to my NEET lifestyle. I was even on NEET bucks. Now i'm a confident(ish) IT tech who is the best employee at my job. You just need to go away from all the things that enable you being a piece of shitty garbage.

If you are truly whom you claim to be, you know the internet turned the corner around in 2005. It's since then touchy whiners like yourself took the notion of an Internet troll focusing on a small bit of a conversation and turned it in a shifty defense. The fact of the matter is that if you want change, you have to work for it. Period.

I want to believe that but I lost a factory job I had for like 6 years, in 2014, and during my time there I was beginning to get symptoms of severe paranoia/ anxiety. I was always thinking everyone was looking at me/ talking about me, and becoming obsessed, spending every second thinking about everyones perception of me, one day in 2014 i just didnt go back and since then i've not really been out of my house

Ok I'm sorry I was a bit of a dick there I didn't reply to your post properly. To respond to it,.

But I'm not feeling sorry for myself so telling me to feel sorry for myself isn't doing anything for me and I'm not lazy so telling me to get off my ass isn't doing anything for me, if Stalin himself showed at my door tomorrow and sentenced me to 20 years of hard labour in some siberian gulag mineland, I wouldn't give a shit as long as there was enough food and water and shelter. Anyway like I said I just have shitty paranoia, anxiety, and a complete lack of interest or motivation in anything.

Being NEET is underrated. You'll always find successful people that are lonely that will give you a place to stay or free shit. There's nothing wrong with floating for awhile and being unsure of what you want to do with life. Just lean into who you are and know that guys that do nothing are actually really valuable to society.

>start uni at 17
>Fuck everyone is fit and I'm here sporting some man tits
>Force self to go to the gym on campus
>Slowly build up confidence to try new things
>Eventually look better
>Reduce video game time
>Study more and actually take things seriously
>Start own project in my dorm
>Finish it that same year
>Summer b/w freshman and sophomore year get internship
>Better time management skills this year
>No gf but much happier

I thought like that to, the best way to avoid this is to find flaws in people.

who do you live with?

having the house to yourself changes your habits. with the house to myself sitting in front of PC feels like waste of time

Samefag here, thing is, I would just listen to music /really/ loud while at the gym which made me sing along in my head and sometimes avoid thinking that people are internally judging me even if they had their eyes on me till I was able to pretend that there was no one judging which became "reality" pretty much didn't give shit about internal opinions after a while

my 75 year old dad who has had alzheimers for 4 years and probably gonna die within the next few, my mother who cares for him full time

Sounds like you need to start working out

are you happy with your appearance?

Have you ever considered being around people suffering like that is causing you to be depressed. or sit in your room all the time.

get your own apartment for 6months and you'd be surprised how much you improve

kill yourself then faggot

or will you just make excuses not to do that, too?

First, stallin would put you into forced labor, not hard labor.

>complete lack of interest or motivation in anything
But you have motivation to complain, but not enough to do anything anything about it?? Are you sure you were on the internet before 2005?

>NEET
quitting my job and becoming an unemployed gamer made me happier

Well the 'sentenced by stalin gulag siberia 20 years' kinda implied it was forced i thought :P

And yes since like 2001 perhaps unfortunately. I guess net was a big factor in my social retardation

I went from a reculsive depressed socially retarded anxious paranoid NEET to a happy person.

I'm still reclusive and socially retarded, anxious and paranoid, and still a NEET, but I've managed to accept my complete and total failure as a human being and given up the unlikely dream of moving away from it, and there's a sort of zen happiness that comes from this realization.

Life is good.

nop

Get this man a cookie

Not satisfied, but much happier than the start more of a slim silhouette at this point and less of a walking piece of fat, clothes play a massive role in my confidence, if my shirt emphasizes on a bad curve or something like that I don't wear it, instead I wear something that makes me look better (previously impossible) otherwise I'm still in the process of "transitioning" into a more normal person. I also constantly set harder goals to make sure I don't fall behind, organizing tasks, time management and commitment to both of those helps a lot. Also found someone who's in a worse condition than me so I go with them to the gym in order to look like I know my shit and help people who don't

No. Give up hope, user. You're here forever :)

Yeah I'm sure you'll feel like that in 5-10 years and not loathe yourself for not even trying.

As someone who was extremely anxious/uncomfortable being outside of my house during the day, I can tell you what I've done to reduce it significantly, to the point where I'm now comfortable even in crowded areas e.g. malls:

Antidepressants.

A few years ago I was approaching 365 lbs.

I worked from home on the computer making minimum wage, if I hustled. Which I didn't.

I convinced myself that it was ok because there was a chance of "upward mobility" doing what I was doing so sitting around all day watching Netflix and listening to music with glass after glass of Mountain Dew(later adding rum and skirting the edge of alcoholism) and garbage food.

Well, I was fired. All employees that telecommuted were fucking canned like cheap cat food and I was suddenly in a panic as to how I was going to make rent. Did I mention I had anxiety issues? Of course I did, that's why I shut myself off from everything, not because I worked some "fantastic" McDonald's-wage job working from home.

So I went in to business for myself. I bought a truck and started collecting scrap metal. If you think you've been poor before, living hand-to-mouth, then you haven't gotten into scrap metal when scrap prices were at 15 year lows(still are extremely low right now). I was fucking poor. I live in south western Louisiana where it's hot as Satan's taint and there's about 2 months of "winter". 100 degree Fahrenheit days hauling heavy scrap metal around got me down to 200 in a year and a half. I just started drinking nothing but water and a soft drink once a week, and ate a whole bowl of vegetables with whatever else I was having for dinner. I still ate a fuck load of food because you can do that and not gain weight when you're doing hard labor in the sun every day.

Anyway, I continued growing until the point that I now own a scrap yard myself with 5 employees and a junkyard dog.

I'm also married with a kid on the way.

So in other words, get a job that requires some degree of physical exertion, and stay outside as much as possible. Pizza rolls will become less appetizing over time, and vegetables become more appetizing the more you eat them. Trust me, I know it's unbelievable, but that switch will go off for you eventually.

Studied Buddhism and Meditation - Smoked a lot of weed, thought retrospectively on the mistakes I've made through life and how I could avoid doing the same in the future. Massive self analyzing to figure out my subconscious motives for my actions.

I'm in transitioning phase.

You need a release. You need to release all that pent up anger and frustration before you can go beyond.

First off, you need to realize that you can only change if you're willing to and also that everyone can give you as much advice as you like but unless you actually do something about it then the advice is useless.

By release, I don't mean go and bash the nearest person. For me, it was going up to the highest point in town and yelling and screaming at the world. I had my little bitchfit up on a hill in town, then I'd leave.

Start to think outside the box, think of things you could do in life that don't involve video games, anime or Cred Forums. Oh yeah, fuck Cred Forums off too. This site twists your perception.

Also, there's a thing where you force yourself to go out with some closer people and let it out on social media. People tend to see that you're cool and will start to approach you automatically, you just gotta actually try which isn't easy and mistake will be made, step out of the comfort zone for a bit, y'know test the waters

Look op, user worked hard and made it happen, who would have guessed?
>
This fucking guy.

Took mdma for the first Time and speed
Just thought fuck it and i had a really great night which turned my life around to be Happy again
Was depressed for 9 month before that and smoked weed to help it

>ignored all advice from others, broke all the rules, now self employed, hot gf, own home, you dont need to do anything in this thread but decide what sort of person you really are.

Fake it till you make it. That's what I did. Pick a career then do whatever it takes to move up in the job. An easy way to get a good job is to build your resume up with fake experience, then have a bud answer his phone as whatever business you said you worked. He gives you a stellar review and boom you are hired.

Now that you are making real cash, find a girl to fuck you. This is the tricky part, she will only fuck you if you don't buy her things, don't buy her shit.

>touchless virgin omega
>330lbs at the heaviest
>fap at least once a day, everyday without fail
>tell other people that I identify as a feminist in an attempt for girls to pity fuck me
>started doing aikido, transitioned to other martial arts/sports
>still a bit overweight, but finally got laid
>still a bit socially awkward, but managed to have a realtionship with a decent girl

Try getting into some physical activity OP. Start slow/easy, don't set lofty goals.

You can do this

I was in that thread. Did OP deliver?

Fucking this. Anxiety to that level can he a neurological disorder. Theres a reason those drugs exist.

>Inb4 tinfoilhattards: its because big pharma wants you hooked to fill their pockets

> Reverse back to 1 year
> Lonely faggot living with father
> Sit in bedroom and get drunk drunk, play vidya, and browse chan to 6/7 AM almost everyday
> Had job w/ min wage, worked maybe 10 hours a week max
> Get confident one night while drunk, and ask grill to come get drunk with me
> She says YES
> She comes over, get drunk too, netflix, and we fuck
> She keeps coming over every single day after that
> FF 2 months, she takes prego test, and is indeed prego
> FF 3 months, me and prego GF move out of fathers place into apartment
> I start getting 30+ hours a week at my work
> Sept 2016, 4 more days until baby's expected due date
> I passed as a normie, did normie shit, and am now living a normie life, all while being autistic af on the inside

Do I miss playing vidya all day? HELL YA
Do I miss getting drunk all day? HELL YA
Do I want to be lonely forever? HELLO
Did I make sacrifices? Yes
Were they worth it? Sometimes

life is work, there's no way around it

it's just a matter of when you start and how much you put in

Enlist in the army fag I did. I'm now E-3 11-Echo. Hoorah

I can't say I've succeeded just yet, but I've greatly improved, by taking up photography and using it as a social lubricant.