Friend comes over today with deep flesh wound in his hand. (pic related)

>friend comes over today with deep flesh wound in his hand. (pic related)
>Says he doesn't have insurance.jpg and wont go get stitches.

Is he looking at just a bad a scar, or could he lose movement in his hand or some shit. Any experience b/?

Depends on how deep the cut is. What happened? If you are a good friend, you could stitch him up, buy some local anesthesic, and tell him to be a man. Buy some rubbing alcohol and stitch it, then probably would want to bandage.

im afraid I cant help you there all I know how to do is make homemade crystals :/

Tell him to clean it really well with hydrogen peroxide then find some super glue
Pinch the wound together and glue shut
This may sound like Bullshit but it's not
My ex gf was a paramedic and she said that's what they'd do if the wound was open too long for stitches

Should have been born in the USA. Don't need insurance here for emergencies. Just walk in, they'll fix it up, you can apply for charity. boom.

He needs to go to the hospital ASAP. If he doesn't get that treated it will go from a simple cut to pure mustard gas within about 30 seconds.

Op I promise you this is the right answer

I've done it. You need to go to the emergency room, they are legally obligated to assist, they cannot turn away anyone who needs medical attention. After that, ask them for a charity form because you can't afford it. They give charity application.

Doesn't hydrogen peroxide make the wound heal slower? Wouldn't a milder disinfectant be better?

Not if it's been open a longer time
You want to get that shit clean so there's no infection in the future

I actually knew that, but it had slipped my mind. Thank you, b/ros

Yeah that makes sense.

this right here OP, ive had my cheek glued shut at the hospital when my dad threw me into a desk and the corner went through my cheek.
also had my hand glued shut when i sliced it trying to open a bedroom window that broke.
>pic related, scar on my hand, it healed quite well actually

You're five aren't you

1- Has your friend had a tetanus shot recently? If not you need to go to emergency

2- If you answered yes to the above, you you are going to want to clean that with hydrogen peroxide, yes it is bad for wounds usually as you asked earlier but this is not a minor wound.
If your friend avoids this they may end up getting a nasty infection

3- You will either close the wound ypur options are:
Stitches, micropore tape or super glue

But what would happen to him if he didn't super glue it shut. He just stuck a bandage on it for the last couple days.

He's been cleaning it, but it hasn't been closed. Is it just a higher risk of infection?

Relax it just means he's a dragon rider ... the egg with hatch soon

Bigger scar slower healing

Underrated post

Fucking wrong. Peroxide or alcohol should NOT BE USED for deep cuts. That'll kill cells, causing it to heal slowly and scar. The first thing you need to do is run it under some water with slight pressure to get any dirt out. Then you're going to want to get some topical antibiotics and swab them on and inside. Then, clean it off with a moist towlet and put some butterfly bandages on. If you don't have any of these, go to a pharmacy, and get them.

Also, if it's still bleeding after being washed and sterilized, put some cotton balls on it, and apply pressure until it slows. Then put the butterfly bandages on, with some gauze over to protect it

Superglue it closed. I had an ER doctor tell me to go that once .

Infact he said that's what he does for his kids

if he can move his thumb now then he wont loose movement. it will deff scar and i would make sure its cleaned and dressings changed daily. if the damage was caused by an animal of anykind, even domestic, then it needs profesional attention

its clear your an idiot and have not had any medical training.

How so?