YES, i still can stop drinking without physical withdrawl symptoms

YES, i still can stop drinking without physical withdrawl symptoms.

what was your hardest drinking time? What did u drink, how much of it, how often? And, had u problems getting away from it?

Drank last 4 weeks almost every day around 1 bottle whiskey. drank last 2 years quite often, not daily, but several times per week.

1 whiskey bottle? Jesus how much do you weigh?
And congrats and stuff

it generally takes longer to get any very noticeable physical withdrawal syptoms like the shakes, you might notice that it could be harder to fall asleep on nights where you haven't drank. but it generally takes about a year to become dependant on alcohol

Kind of a toss up between two times in my life:

>18
>bottle of black velvet ($10 a fifth) minimum each friday and saturday
>always fucked up as fuck
>arm around my girl in an elevator and just reached out and grabbed another girl's titty because blackout
>useless...

>26
>last summer of freedom
>was bartending for years
>finished my undergrad that i delayed for so long
>graduated and decided to take the shifts i'd earned
>rolling on a bottle of hornitos a night while bartending
>drinking every other night to oblivion
>fucking the hottest piece of ass the whole time, had me all kinds of fucked up
>drugs on the weekdays while drinking
>got so messed up for so long that i took a job in another state where i didn't know anyone just to get out
>currently living in the city where all the beautiful people go and working my ass off
>almost never drink now except very socially
>last summer was the best summer of my life

I have a lifetime of stories from my early 20s... All the booze and the girls and the drugs and the fun. Now I'm just trying to lock down a hot (easy to find), smart (little harder), street smart (ridiculously hard) valley girl and marry her ass and live out my days in relative obscurity.

fck it just get drunk. I;ve been drinking the past month.

75kg

i'm now in my 3rd year of constant drinking and quitting it now. was a good time, but now i dont like it anymore. had some breaks during this time just to prove myself that i'm not addicted yet.

>live out my days in obscurity
>implying 'not' obscure
That LA ego.

Cheers from SD, where the non douches live.

Rumpleminze. About a bottle and a half a day supplemented by whatever else I had around. Usually alongside a shitty vodka and sprite or a craft beer I pretended to enjoy while I dry heaved because I wasn't drunk enough.

I used to wake up, lay in bed sweating, puke up about a pint of bile, walk to the store ticking like I had tourettes and get some cheap booze to hold me over until I got to work and could start taking shots of 100 proof at 4 PM.

I didn't spend a single day sober for more than 6 years, I was shitting black, what was probably blood. Puking all the time and basically ruining my fucking body. Went in to the ER for kidney stones and the nurse told me I had an enlarged liver. Noticed my eyes were piss-yellow.

I've been sober since about a year after that, and now I own the bar that once was to be my ferry to the grave. My eyes still have a yellow tint due to hyperbilirubinemia but I show 0 other symptoms of liver dysfunction and haven't for over a year.

In the back of my mind I still know I may have pushed it too far and I'm not even 30 yet.

>I've been sober since about a year after that
grats.

>In the back of my mind I still know I may have pushed it too far and I'm not even 30 yet.
I see it more like you had a fuckin' big challenge and you fuckin' solved it. Getting over something like that is one of the hardest things in live you can achieve.

If it doesn't kill you it only makes you harder.

>relative obscurity
read more

not obscure where i'm from.

i like the anonymity here.

Oh, sorry. You're right. I was trying to edit the relative out for brevity, but I realize now that it amplifies my point. Thank you for pointing that out.

I bet you look like shit.
Nice dubs you wrinkly toothless ugly fuck.

I haven't had alcohol in over a week. I should drink more. I've been depressed. I should drink till I die.

>SD
Guessing that's South Dakota? Every South Dakotan I've ever met was a stupid fuck. It's like North Dakota tried to send it's retarded residents to Nebraska, but even fucking NEBRASKA said they were too stupid for them, so they cut Dakota in half and named the sanctioned retard section South Dakota.

He meant San Diego, but he's still a cunt...

They all get just a little too much sun, the world moves slower down there.

It also doesn't smell like homeless piss and stripper lotion. But hey! To each his own!

>goes to DTLA
>applies skid row to all LA and all the places that call themselves LA

Small world you live in.

Around 4:00 I have a Red Bull and vodka. At that point I'm fed up with the day and that's how I do my best work anyway.

I go hard on weekends. Helps me reset for the upcoming week.

I stick with vodka or Miller Lite, sometimes I branch out.

>drink every day
>1-6 glasses of bourbon
>working on masters degree with a 3.72 GPA

I think I'm doing pretty good.

Haha not at all. I couldn't even put that on a map, but I've partied in West Hollywood a few too many times. Bro. I live out here. It's not like LA is sooo far and away that a guy like me would only travel there to hang out with your bros who never could wake up for 12 noon AA meetings.

Dude, don't you live like less than an hour from Mexico? San Diego is shit too. and your zoo smells like shit compared to many others

ye, one can do good work while beeing a drinker.

i dont like dependences. i like freedom. this is why i dont like beeing addicted so anything. for me its already hard to let people too close into my life, i could start caring

there's one one 'e' in being dude.

only one*

I really don't even know how to respond to that because I'm not sure what it means. Get some more sun, bruh.

But good on you for keeping up the good LA vs. SD fight I'm steadily learning more about.

I'll swing through to catch a wave sometime.

sry. not my mothertoung. germanfag here

So-Cal is for faggots than think they have more culture than they really do

This,

and aerospace.
Lots and lots of aerospace.

No you won't. You faggots only take instagrams near the ocean. I'm out. Enjoy your smog, drug addicts, ego trips, and lives imitating shitty art.

literally how I've feel for a while now too. Wife cheating on me. What's up with you, Cred Forumsro?

Nah. When I quit I also quit smoking and started working out. I haven't been to the gym in a while but my worst feature is my thinning hair.

Thanks. It's definitely given my a wicked frame of reference for any time someone comes at me with bullshit.

You made me laugh

So my friend and I just drank a bottle of red label whiskey to ourselves while the others drank a bottle of wine. We don't really drink often but they are fucked. My friend is more of a heavy set and he is out of control. Im getting better. So is it true that the more you drink, the more you get used to it? As in will i feel the same effects of a bottle when im used to it opposed to when i first drank?

Johnny Walker?

Also, it will feel different. It's more fun

I used to drink a case a day for about a year to maintain. Before that my drinking habits were all over the place in terms of amount.. sometimes it would be in order to relieve withdrawal and other times it would be to get drunk. Over my short 4 year drinking career I had 2 1+ month stays in jail, medically detoxed about 9 times and went to 4 psych hospitals (inpatient detox). Detoxing was always the roughest part. I suffered a few seizures with only 1 being outside of a medical setting but the hallucinations are completely insane and dark. Post acute withdrawal is a bitch too. Overall I would say it was extremely hard to quit, but remaining clean has been even harder than the initial choice. Outside of initial liver dysfunction which has cleared up, I'm dealing with stomach issues and high blood pressure. Thankfully the body is forgiving when we're younger. I'm 25 and had been clean close to a year.

>the more you get used to it?
of course. a nondrinker and 1 bottle whiskey will give him a hard time.
a trained trinker will empty this bottle and will feel good with it.

are we talkin' like 750mL?

ye, in Germany u usually get the 700ml bottles in a store.

a german bro who's living in ireland now told me he and his 2 friends, when they prepare for party, each is having one bottle scotch and then they go out