So i quit smoking cold turkey last februari since my girlfriend had asthma...

So i quit smoking cold turkey last februari since my girlfriend had asthma. Now it's been almost a year and we recently broke up and suddenly i've started having cravings.

I didn't even think about it while we were together, so i think it's a bit crazy how i start having cravings AFTER all this time of not smoking.
I thought it was gonna get better with time, i never signed up for this
what do?

Will the cravings go away or should i start smoking again?

If you guys have any questions about me post them and i'll answer

Don't fucking start smoking again user

another reason i quit was the fact that my doctor told me i might have lung cancer, long story short i coughed alot before i quit (still do from time to time) so i visited my doc and he told me that the chance i might have lung cancer is very high, i didn't want to look it up, i was to afraid to know.
To this day i still dont know if i have lung cancer or not
and i only smoked for a year

If you think you have lung cancer, don't fucking smoke. Get yourself tested

I'm too scared it might be positive
dont have the balls to face it

You either have it or you don't. If you do well, Your dying and you don't know it. There's still a chance you don't.

sounds like a coping mechanism to alleviate whatever you're feeling from the break up. it'll pass in time.

Wat

Addiction isn't as much about the chemicals as people say, its also about the emotional- cigarettes serve as catharsis for unfulfilled desires and general frustrations, such as breakups, blah blah blah.

Your mind wants it, not your body.
Combat the vice by not being miserable.

Start sucking robot dick if you want to help the cravings without smoking. Its not edgy if you vape to stay off cigarettes.

Yes that's true

You are bored due to increased amount of alone time since you're no longer alone. Your brain is reverting to old methods of gratification/time spending aka smoking. As a smoker that this happened to, don't recommend starting again, but damn is nicotine nice.

As far as potential cancer risk goes, I advise you get tested. Worst case you're positive, and need some months of treatment. Best case you had a cough. Better that than leaving something getting worse and you die.

english, do you speak it?

Totally makes sesne, thank you for this,
I'm gonna write this down in my journal. Very good point.

Faggot just do it

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but my post did need some revising. Sorry, have been drinking a while and it's 7am.

Smoke weed

Internet, do you speak it?

No i'm not being sarcastic, why would i be sarcastic? your response was quite helpful and i decided to write it down so that i read it whenever i'm having doubs about starting

why would you START smoking again retard?

actually go ahead and smoke so you would increase your probability of dying

Vape.
Don't go crazy with it, even just an e-cig will work. Gives you the nicotine you crave with like 89% less lung damage.

Its not cravings for a siggarete mate your getting mixes signals from your body but dont go smoking again wank off or go out

I'm glad I could help, user. Eventually the cravings will go away once your brain remembers other things it likes doing. Good luck bud

I smoked for 3 years. Doctor told me I might get cancer. Long story short after imense strugle I managed to quit. Than one day I was on a party listening to some music. Than someone changed music. FML it is Taylor Swift, I got cancer

Your doctor told you that you have a high chance of having cancer because of a cough without other types of tests? He sounds like a lying Jew to be honest. Still, don't smoke OP it isn't worth it. It's just a craving and will go away, find something else to fill your time like a hobby. Oh and one more thing...

DO NOT VAPE
I don't care what anyone else tells you, vaping is the most pretentious and gayest thing ever invented.

If you're too scared knowing of what damage smoking has caused you shouldn't smoke
You're on the right track user, sounds like you want to "feel" something other then heartache
Book yourself in to go skydiving and get a nice adrenaline rush, or go to your nearest hospital and steal a shit ton of epinephrine, cheaper alternative

I always want to punch people in the head that are vaping outside, inside or wherever. There's a kid in my college class that tries to vape in the computer lab when the teachers not looking and I can smell it from a mile away. I always get the feeling that people who vape, are typically the type of people most find annoying.

Smoke weed. Problem solved.

Erryday

what about social smoking guys?
smoke on occasion, will that fuck things up more for me?

bump

u sure it's cigarette cravings? after a year they should be 0. focus on the craving and try to find out if it's not something else. and don't start again for fucks sakes it's so hard to quit a second time

to be a little bit more precise, i quit 2012 for the third time in 10 years, and i still have cravings every now and then. just don't panic, the cravings will go away after a few minutes. just don't freak out, wait them out. it helped me to focus on the craving so i knew when it went away... and it was always just for a few minutes. so just wait it out, if you start smoking again you would have those cravings every hour, so there is nothing to win