If it was possible to breed a super small dog from a wolf it should be possible to breed a dwarf from a human...

If it was possible to breed a super small dog from a wolf it should be possible to breed a dwarf from a human. Why not do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/achondroplasia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's already been done. Midgets

but I want to go even smaller.

Then we must isolate the recessive gene that causes dwarfism and accelerate its powers to an even greater magnitude. Gene therapy and splicing with dwarf embryos and stem cells is the first step in the master plan.

for what purpose?

lol it's possible to accelerate genes? And that thing would live? What chances? %

so there is more supplies for everyone and it's easier to get everything for everyone.

We won't know unless we try mein Fraulein

give me your skype

No

nice 7654
I was chasing it for over 3 months. Shiiiiit man!!!!!!!

The very genetic material that binds us together is made of 4 simple types. By picking and choosing which code we want and where to put it I believe future dwarf enslavement is more than a mere possibility.

You don't understand genetics, do you?

All you need to do is insert multiple copies of what ever gene(s) cause dwarfism into what ever genome you are working with. It would be easier to make the multiple copies of the gene than it would be to insert it and express it

Just copying the gene won't do anything. You must make it dominant. Not to mention merely copy and pasting a gene like that would take tons of time and the cost would be astronomical. Rather take samples from current dwarves and create a scientific monstrosity in a lab and go from there.

If you silence the "dominate" gene it would work, also over expression can mask a dominate gene. I can copy and paste genes in my lab in less than a week. The techniques for gene editing and insertion are extreme cook booky. But you are right about the cost. The enzymes, instruments and reagents required do add quickly

If I could provide funding could you put together a special team to work on said project?

Also apparently the gene is dominate, specific mutations in the FGFR3 gene is all you need

Does that mean if dwarves have children together there's at least a 50-100% chance the offspring will be a dwarf?

I honestly think it wouldn't be too hard. If the gene has been sequenced and if the mutation needed is known then it would be easy as fuck

Parents don't even have to be a dwarf, just carriers of the mutation
ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/achondroplasia

My god..

Science is fun and designing your army of super midgets can be super fun

"Natural" way of selective breeding would take too long...
Genetic engineering would be problematic, as research on live humans is limited almost everywhere...

except you can't exactly open DNA like a book, change a few nucleobases and close it again, it's a little more complicated

Extracting DNA is a child's level of experiment, editing DNA is almost as easy. The hardest part would to be the ethics sides of thing honestly...unless the gene sequence is not known or what mutations are required for the desired effects