So Cred Forums...

So Cred Forums, a question for you; I stopped smoking weed for a while now cause I noticed being less focused on school and at work. The problem is, even though I am sharper and more focused, I find a lack of interest in life which I didn't have before. should I go bakc to smoking weed or persist and later find out this will go away?

Other urls found in this thread:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/t5dvcdgvh5u7ny0/changlz.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

u have another problem, weed isn't the problem u are the problem, don't go back to smoke if u don't really want but find a interest on life, maybe on ur future what do u wanna do or something.... have a great day mate.

I had a similar problem when I gave up something worse than weed. All the shit I loved doing while high were all of a sudden not as enjoyable, but you eventually adapt, and things will get better. It just takes some time.

do it with friends on the weekends only faggot
learn self discipline and you can shoot heroin and you'll be alright

I do have to mention I am coping with depression and the weed helped a lot, which is causing me to go back to smoking even more.

*To want to go back

Hey dick brain. Weed has negative side effects. It's ok to admit it.

Weed doesn't "help with" depression. Weed helps you "ignore" depression.

Learn the fine line between recreation and abuse.

It's a high. Helps with seizures. But I smoke it, eat it to get high. Not for help, sometimes anxiety. But not really.

Regular weed use may reduce the ability of your brain to produce dopamine thus causing depression and apathy. It might help you while your high but once your off it it could make things worse.

I used to do it every evening at the end of the day, just to clear my head. It was perfect to stop the constant thinking and it helped me sleep.

I do this daily, because it's so available. But all the tech people, artists, get high because, they can do it legally for one. Not using it to cope.

Then it's beneficial to you. Peoples negative opinions of something don't make it less helpful.

I used to have this, very rarely nowadays because i meditate a lot and feel pretty content most of the time. I still smoke the whole bag pretty fast tho haha

Never heard of that, but it explains a lot. thanks Cred Forumsro!

Saw this at a festival

I stopped at number 2...

I like doing it in the comfort of my home. Most of the time being around someone or a lot of people while high makes me have really bad anxiety

same here, like being alone with my own toughts. so no one can interferre

It's such a varied plant. So many different highs from the same plant. That I've experienced. Finding your type can also help. Me its hybrids.

Or is it cause being around other people makes you nervous?

Discuss?

Yeah kinda. Sometimes just overthinking things like basic thoughts. I've always thought it was a very low trip. Emotions and thoughts accelerate

when I am not high. I dont mind being around other people. It is just when I am high I may be very easily influenced by other peoples judgements

We'll he uses it as a sleep aid so I don't see the harm.

I do get nervous but it doesn't escalate as much when I'm high on weed. Alcohol makes me more relaxed and open and friendly. Probably the euphoria

I never got the whole, don't use substances when you are alone.
It seems like a gotcha tactic, "did you just enjoy a beer without other people around?" gotcha you're now sick. "Did you just smoke a joint at the end of your workday on your own?" gotcha, you got a problem mate go seek expensive help.
I mean, if you mainline booze or smoke yourself into a stupor to the detriment of your daily life, then yes you have a problem.
But smoking one joint before bed or having a beer, why does this need to be sickly behavior?

It's so controversial. Some people hate weed, based on experience. Some people blame it right away for, well everything. I guess as it becomes more regulated we'll see both sides of the coin. But yes, some people, it's just everything, and takes over. Like any drug.

I've seen weed make people super lazy to the point I didn't want to be around them. Stopped smoking too because it was doing the same but not as bad

Where I am you can get an ounce of "house shake" for 20 bucks. So it becomes less about price.

Exactly the same! is this what you call anxiety?

But it does destroy motivation. To be aggressive? Maybe. But it can just make you lazy as fuck. Moderation is important.

CBD is what helps anxiety. THC can worsen it.

this

also you change over time too so activities you enjoy will also change, that's natural

would you consider this moderation:

Has anyone noticed anger issues with marijuana? I usually notice it not on it but after.

Day after I'd smoke I'd get easily annoyed with people.

Noticed it happen too with a coworker who got a medical card. Used to deal with stress pretty well but after he got his card he got almost violent. Retired a year early

Yea it's just generalized public anxiety used to fear monger people into thinking weed belongs on the dea's schedule 1 list.
People who smoke past their ability to function normally in society,imo, do so cause they trying to avoid reality. It's not the drugs fault they're lazy pieces of shit cause you just as easily do the same with a big Mac or beer or cigarretes.

I'm not denying that it can do this, that was the "smoking into a stupor" part of my comment.
My confusion comes from people stigmatizing the casual use of a substance while alone.
Whether you wanna smoke or not is ultimately up to you. If you feel smoking is to your detriment, I can only commend you for not smoking.

Mood swings are a common symptom of habitual marijuana use.

Like thinking they're judging you after everything? Over thinking things like basic shit you don't worry about when sober?

Probably cause you know things can be so much better high but can't cause of your surroundings.
Where do you work for?

You ever psychedelics?

Like, is no one going to mention John Lennon's half mast?

passion is not everlasting, but the spark that gets you going, at first.
The rest is dedication at persistence

I've been using marijuana on and off for 16 years. I've gone from daily use to 0 and back again. Marijuana absolutely has negative effects. You have to be pretty ignorant and lack self awareness to not see it.

Interesting. Didn't know that. Thanks partner. Makes sense because when I'm alone it has a good calming feeling. But an almost full anxiety instinct fight or flight (flight) state of mind

Coming back from daily weed use take a long fucking time. It's not often talked about but you're looking at at least 6 months to a year and a half before normal brain chemistry stabilizez

You just did.
It isn't really the topic of the thread though.

Idk about on and off use but 10+ years of habitual will definitely have side effects. Like fast food except not as life threatening

primarily the second. given a basic thought and over thinking it until it becomes negative

I answered no for all. Except the smoking alone bit is a toss into the air. I love smoking alone. I dont have to share with poor fuck friends then.

never tried, but it crossed my mind to try acid as it might give some new views on life

try heroin

>John Lennon's half mast?
Norwegian Wood

is that actually John Lennon?

kek

google it, you'll find more

That was from the insert of the Lennon/Yoko album

If you're going through some rough shit in your life I'd heavily recommend starting at something less intense like molly or shrooms.
The thing with acid is you never know when you'll get a bad trip. Friend went hiking with his girl in the mountains and they both dropped and she thought she was raped by strangers while friend just watched. Needless to say she was in the looney bin for a whole month she's a lot better now but the hppd still messes with her.

Dude, you should get tested for Vitamin D deficiency. You're feeling depression, man. I didn't realize just how depressed I was until I decided to go to the doctor for ADD because I was unable to get into my hobbies or anything anymore, and to get blood tested just to see how my health was doing. Turns out I was low on it and they gave me some to take. 2 weeks later I woke up and saw more depth to life and was able to watch movies, play video games, play guitar, and hear emotion in music again... all because of Vitamin D.
Pot just made the depression worse because it zapped my pleasure centers that were already numbed, and doing it daily to every other day just really took a toll.

Seriously, man. Check to see if you are, and start taking supplements like 5-htp, gingko biloba, and L-Tyrosine for dopamine and serotonin production. You'll feel like a new man.
Eating healthier and getting more sun makes a hell of a difference as well.

would you recommend? even with depression at hand. did use some shrooms and 2CB a couple of times but maybe a bit to scared to go to the next step

Fuck off.

I smoke to make life more enjoyable and make me less angry. I have noticed i am very spacey because of it and my mind isn't all there. I think it is a fair trade off though and i smoke maybe 1 g a day

Thats what we need friend

The D in vitamin D stands for Dick btw. heheh. Dick. you know, OP is a fruit and needs more dick in his life. funny innit?

Damn. Well I'm looking at almost 6. Hope I'll be a bit faster

and he doesn't need vitamins cus he already is a fruit. genius

Exactly. You'll just find out that you're depression has gotten worse when you finally stop smoking for a day, then you'll find yourself psychologically addicted to it because you depend on it to feel any shred of pleasure or joy in life.

I stopped smoking 5 years ago and my libido is very low. I can get it up but just don't feel truly horny without it.

The next step being?

Sounds like my issue. But the body high is still there so it's nice somewhat

I did notice, when summer, the depression floats away a bit, but still the deep thoughts cross my mind about what to do with my future and what is it all good for etc.

Acid or DMT

That's exactly what I went through. It was to a point that even though I was getting sun it wasn't enough to raise it back. I promise you that if it's actually the issue, you're going to feel so much better after taking it daily.
It's actually a bit of a huge issue for many people nowadays, so I've read. Anhedonia, man. That's what you're possibly experiencing.. It can jump up an down in extremity, but it affects you nonetheless. It turns your senses down and you're not experiencing anything fully, or even normally.

Stop fixating on yourself and look around you. You're surrounded by people who care else they wouldn't bother to spend time with you. Don't do them dirty like that just relax no one's out to get you.
Can't let other people dictate how you live bro
Look at If you have trouble with anxiety or crippling depression I'd say hold off. Life does get better you just have to be patient.

After I stopped smoking and stopped hanging around those kind of people I noticed a friend doesn't ask to hangout much because I don't have weed. Such an asshole who I thought was a good friend. Goes almost to no length on getting high with weed

nah. its fine. all that happened is that you have the effects of weed to compare to normal life. and lets be honest, normal life is more boring than being high on weed. give it time and you will start having interest in stuff again.

Bump

Thanks for everything guys! You all helped a lot in showing some different perspectives. Tomorrow I'll have my first appointment with my psychologist, and you gave me some new points to discuss. :) What would i do without you! (L)

Good luck.

better than tinder! plenty of horny ethnic girls of your city on dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/t5dvcdgvh5u7ny0/changlz.html