Cred Forumsattlestations pt2

Cred Forumsattlestations pt2.

Also general BS advice thred to spice it up a little.

Back again

MESSY BOYZ

Not that messy tbh. It looks more natural than most of the staged pics we get in these threads.

Much prece fam

Whattup

Why on earth do you have a king size bed in that tiny room?! I mean holy shit, that's like 3/5th of the room gone with the bed!

Lol what, it's only a 140cm, a kingsize is like 200cm

It's good when I bring home chicks, and I like to lay in wide positions when sleeping, had a 90cm bed before, but god damn that shit is tiny

trips checked

Must be the panorama view then. From this angle it looks like you could have two chicks sleeping on it beside you.

Thread ded

I fucking HATE that shitty Ikea lamp.

looks comfy

Looks more like a music studio than a battlestation
0/10

we all battle different things user

reporting in

r8 it fellas

that keybRoad is off the hook

Dubs

I even got Lucky trips

Ah, well there could be space for 2, but I don't complain about that :pp

Which one? If you mean the floor lamp, then yeah it was only temporary, it's gone now

It is comfy, I love it

I like the wood paneling. That and the X-Files poster totally makes up for the fact, that the rest of it is kind of meh...

gay/10

Edgy samefag.

nut uh! i don't make derrogatory comments. i just said the keyboard was off the hook because it's crazy!

faggot

I'm jelly looking at all those keyboards. I can't fucking find an ISO TKL keyboard with MX Brown switches anywhere.

Like depression?

dem lain papes, 10/10

>that uneccessarily large desk

Either you're 2.50m tall or you're constantly looking up towards your monitor.

Half of the year there is a 3d printer on it as well. so i need the space

That tissue box

maybe he perches himself on one of these tho

Or I'm not a fucking midget. Faggot!

>sits in one of these at his desk
>calls other people faggot

>midget confirmed
I'm sitting on a chair. My legs are on the floor. I am 1.78, my chair is 65 cm high, the top of the monitor is at 142 cm... do the fucking math... midget!

Hey! This is after moving, right?

yes and no. I moved again. this is the current state of my station.

dude get a fucking hair cut

fuck off newfag

Its a wild sheep skin i threw. over my chair.

those speakers are a 5.1, originally $70 in 2005, now the same fucking speakers are being sold for $350.
all i have to say about that.

NO U summerfag

THATS FUCKING GROSS LOL

no, its not.

Not quite. That's a Logitech X-230. The 5.1 version is the X-530.

But yea, the audio quality is quite good.

wurlitzer on the right?
my electronic bro took one a part a while back and i snagged the wood frame for a computer desk - tragically no leg room.

love the setup. id have more fun playing that shit than any fucking pc game.

good thing you chose front ported bookshelf speakers.

Yeah, I had backported speakers before, that sounded horrible

Me very soon

Cant be fucked taking better pic atm deal with it

Razer naga mouse and krakens off screen

That position is awfully unergonomic.

not all battles are the same ignoramus

can confirm not gross. had something like this they are cleaned and treated.

No it is not.

It's actually a Hammond! And yeah it's a joy to spend time here working on stuff. You might have been able to chop it a bit to make leg room no?

Gonna buy some nicer cables for my stuff when I'm not poor

Nice, except for the hideously overpriced laptop you've got there. What bass head is that?

Don't tell me you've fallen for the expensive cable bullshit, lol.

>poor

>DAC
>meme keyboard
>8 button keypad

Right...

Bro, it's fine if you don't like Appletosh computers, but they've been so goddamn good to me. I had GPU issues and they replaced everything in my computer for free (logic board, cooling system, RAM, HDD, battery, etc., even though the puter was out of warranty for like 2 years already. I had another issue a couple years later and they gave me a 100% new computer, just put my hard drive in it at no cost at all. No warranty, no Applecare, no nothing. Just because the initial issue was an their fault/known problem they've given me about $5k of free repair/upgrade just to be extra fair to me. It was totally totally worth it in my case.

Anywho, that's actually not a bass head. It's a mini Marshall head I chopped from a Marshall combo when I made my Leslie. Pic relates to this process.

I mean nicer looking ones that aren't stiff as hell, not "performance enhancing" ones.

Lost my job 2 weeks ago and have literally 0 extra spending money for now

Out of 20:
>-2 points for slide-out keyboard platform
>-4 for bad chair, no ergonomics
>-3 for double lamp, should have one light source, not two, or a more open concept desk without shelf
>-9000 for Busch Light 18pks. I mean, come on, faggot.

Nice. Height-adjustable?

why would you want a mouse mat that big?

macfag here

Because I take my video games way too seriously

wash your hair

It's called having curly hair you faggot!

99% of my rig is because I had something I either wasn't using, or because I needed to find some kind of solution for a work machine.

Then again, my office is in the basement because my wife's office is the tiniest room in the house, and there was no way all of my workspace stuff would fit in there.

Also, in the summer? Coolest area in the house. (Wonderful old 1920s build that got completely fucked up by the shithead that owned it before us. Beautiful leaded glass? Gone. Terrible add-on done in the 1980s? Added. Godfuckingawful siding? Yup. Wiring that needs to be completely torn out and replaced? Absolutely.)

Looks greasy and wirey, nothing to do with curves. Thanks

Tell me more, nigger! Please! Takes one google search of 10 seconds to see how much you don't know shit about hair!

Yo Cred Forumsattlestation tards, I'm looking to build or place a nice desk in my room but for the love of god I can't picture it all fitting together. I've got a bay window directly infront of my bed, got a huge built in wardrobe on my right and there isn't enough space on my left for a desk.

tl:dr Is there any desks made to fit a bay window or any similar builds??

haha is this you?? difference is this model has put stuff in his hair to give this effect. You have nothing but sweat in your slimeball hair giving what you think is the 'same' effect

Use Sketchup to make a draft of your room. It's the easiest 3D modeling software to learn by far. The 3D warehouse also has shittons of premade models, so once you have drawn a few rectangles to outline your walls, the rest is even easier.

Pretty sick room

Thanks for the confirmation that you indeed don't know shit about hair. It wasn't necessary though.

thanks Cred Forumsro, on it now!

No problem. It's a lot easier to play around with options if you model it. I've been going through half a dozen plans and I'm still not done, but 3D modeling allowed me to do that without spending a single penny on mistakes.

Have the angry faggots left? Can we continue?

>cancer pops
Could you be any more autistic?

I like the desk (seriously, that's nice reclaimed-style wood, but the rest of it? Ehhhhh.

Autism has nothing to do with that.

Those are just stupid, idiotic collectible things that someone thought nerds (not the smart, useful kind) would buy.

They were right.

Random question for you people. Do you have your tower on the first plug of the surge protector, then the monitor? Ive got my Pc, monitor, modem, then desk lamp. In that order. Also, The pc tower sits to the right of the monitor. Is that win?

Well, I guess the angry faggots are still here.

geekstore.hu

This is the only webshop in my country where I can buy merchandise of my favorite franchises. I challenge you to find something more sensible to spend my money on.

Except for the sound baffling that doesn't do fuck all because it's just behind a single desk / wall space instead of throughout the entire room.

You might as well just duct-tape floor mats from your old gym to the wall for all the good it'll do in sound insulation.

If you want actual sound insulation, you have to open up the drywall and stuff denim sound blocker, THEN throw acoustic panels all over every wall in the room, and insulate the hell out of the door.

There's a reason studios have no windows.

I also have the keyboard plugged in first usb slot and then mouse secondary.

>There's a reason studios have no windows.
Right, except that big fucking one.

No.
Surge protector won't do fuck all, and it doesn't matter in which order you put it on a power strip.

I run dual UPS rated for 15m, with an automatic script that shuts down the computer for me if it's down for longer than 7m. Each run off separate circuits. The lights, speakers, peripherals, etc. run off of surge protectors that run from the outlets to the station.

So my UPS is on the surge protector, then any of the other plugs.

UPS

But like I said, it's not a studio. That's a bedroom with shitty acoustic baffling.

Studios with a sound booth have an actual window, but it's almost always soundproof.

HOLY FUCK I'VE THE SAME DESK AS YOU

Taste/10

Well, I think some is better than none. You can't expect someone to make a proper studio in their home.

Pics or didn't happen.

don't start with the speakers

What keyboard user?

Boom

You are a cringe/10

Ok, what would you like me to start with instead? The fedora, or the landline?

sup nigs

Are you American or no, I have a bet going.

>buffly papes
cute AF

Look at the sockets on the wall. Def not Mercia

britbong

u wot m8?

Easiest bet ever, you just have to look at the wall socket. Britfag

I won the bet.

christ, i havent seen that image here in about 8 fucking years

Nvm, I was just messing with you because of your wallpaper. This picture is either old as fuck, or you still have your "brother's" Xigmatek Midgard II case ...

You don't know anything about acoustics. The acoustic foam on the wall behind the desk speakers isn't for isolation at all, open cell foam doesn't offer any significant sound transmission. It's there to prevent speaker boundary interference (i.e. first-order reflections directly from the speaker bouncing off the nearest sirfaces and reaching the listener after the direct sound, causing shitty comb filtering).

Also you don't put acoustic absorption (I assume that's what you're talking about) "all around" the room. A listening environment such as a control room, where music is created, mixed, and appreciated, should ideally have a reverb time of about 0.5s, longer if it's a larger room. However, this only works if the reverb is highly diffuse (like you get with diffusors, coffers, irregular and convex surfaces such as logs and columns. You should also ideally have the first reflections reaching the listening position about 20ms after the direct sound, NOT earlier and not significantly later. This room is not an acoustically designed studio but is arranged to meet those specs as closely as possible, given it's a fucking bedroom. Anechoic and highly reverberant rooms are dismal for listening to and creating music. Vocal and isolation booths, for example, are generally to isolate from other instruments as opposed to be totally acoustically dead. Anyone who knows about mic techniques and acoustics can accomplish good recordings in fairly neutral spaces.

t. A M.Sc. in Acoustical Engineering

yup, its a month or two old now, the little bros machines back with him at last. ill take a new pic when i have something new to add to it.

Is something like this overkill then, user?

holy fuck yes, way overkill. save your money! if you're primarily listening through your speakers/monitors all your really should be going for is a RFZ (reflection-free zone). you do NOT want to deaden the shit out of your room, it's depressing and horrible when you do that, and it's a common mistake.

just make sure you have enough absorption to block any first-order reflections from getting to where you sit. it's simple geometry. also, try to make it as symmetrical as possible (not easy but do what you can). if the room is still too live or reverberant, of if you get nasty flutter echoes, then you can start putting more acoustic tiles around the rear wall, but space them out a little so you don't have gigantic patches of acoustically dead wall. let a little reverb fly, it's very rewarding.

Depends what the purpose of the room is for. If its for voice overs then sure, you have sufficient treatment that your voice would sound very dry.
If its for monitoring, then no. The acoustics would not be even left to right.

If its for brining girls home, it would also not be sufficient, because it looks gay as fuck.

>If its for brining girls home, it would also not be sufficient, because it looks gay as fuck.
OH SHIT

Well, I can't make it symmetrical because the meme ikea shelf needs to be there on the left side so I'll just remove the rest of the foam beyond the desk.

Thanks Cred Forumsro!

Don't you think if I intended to bring girls home I'd have a bigger bed planned?

Nah, that was weak as shit.

yeah I saw that, that's fine do whatcha can. just do the simple clap test and if you feel like a ping-pong ball in there because of flutter echo add a few tiles and try again. if you wanted to be a real fantsy-pance you could fine an acousticsfag friend to come-in and do some measurements and impulse responses but only if you want to totally dork-out

I might just do that. I have a friend who does acoustics. His main line of work is tuning grand pianos, so he must know his shit.

>Don't you think if I intended to bring girls home I'd have a bigger bed planned?

Well those Japanese girls arn't exactly large.

I can just imagine you lying in bed, looking up at that picture of that girl thinking "Why can't I get a girl like you!!" and then you look over at the golden gate bridge and you know the pain will be over soon.

won't hurt to ask

most acousticsfolk love doing this sorta shit. if i was local i'd bring my gear over and run some sweeps

NOW THAT was a good one! Ten thousand internets for you good sir! I'm not even mad that I got served.

the suicide bridge and a japanese chick....

And mega sound isolation for the fap sessions, dont forget the door user

U so funny!

Bamping with actual chink picture (a lot of that shit on the 3d model is just a placeholder).

What should I do next?

looks like it would be a pain to change sheets

Stop killing the vibe of the room. You put too much new age shit into it that stick out like a sore thumb.

The sound a glass desk makes when shattering Alex.

i rike dis. maybe lose the shelf the monitor sits on so you look down or even at it instead of up. get a 2nd monitor and some arms for them.

let me try that chair out finally >:]

1. hide the router
2. get rid of the mousepad
3. ???
4. You win all BS threads forever.

why the fuck do you need a conference phone...

how's mine?

Masturbation tissue spotted.

>symmetrical decor layout in asymmetrical room

why even have quality furniture design if you don't know interior decoration 101

does your mom get pissed when you play music too loud?

Oh snap, I haven't heard that one before, a million times! Oh no sir, you are so original and observant!

Can I have your stuff when you kys faggot?

stale pasta is stale

stale "stale pasta is stale" is stale

Your back sweat is gonna be collected in that thing like crazy. Must smell like shit after a few weeks.

I'm on benefits and even I'm not this poor.

I've never seen someone this proud of being a waste of tax money...

I'm taking your taxes. Are you mad faggot?

I would be, if I'd pay any. I keep the money I earn.

Lol, where do you live?

How would you arrange the room then?

>lol
kys

>Must be the panorama view then. From this angle it looks like you could have two chicks sleeping on it beside you.

>Must be lsd if you see a threesome in that room