How hard would it be to smuggle uranium/plutonium out of a nuclear plant? do they search you when you leave?

how hard would it be to smuggle uranium/plutonium out of a nuclear plant? do they search you when you leave?

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/news/world/mexican-thieves-stole-truck-carrying-radioactive-material-die-article-1.1538219
youtube.com/watch?v=INAlUGn0RYg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium-235
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Utterly impossible.
/thread

It would be very easy. Just get a chunk of highly enriched uranium and shove it up your ass. You'll be totally fine, it's a good plan.

Would probably be less of a hassle to buy it on ebay

kek,,,,,, OP REKT

REKT
E
KKKKTKTT

The US gubment does one thing right and that's nuclear security.

No chance.

If you di anything sketchy you will have department of energy swat teams up your ass.

Why would you want either of said materials?

i wouldnt, but terrorists would want it

get some tinfoil dive into the generator grab a stick wrap it with the tinfoil put some mustard or so on it ( sandwich stealth ) and then leave...

cant fail 104% sure

I picked up 4 uraniums from amazon the other day. Ships straight from north korea
So literally your fucking stupid

Whenever you leave any radiation workplace where background exceeds some value (power plants fall into this category) you have to go through a radiation detector.

Plus it's not like the fuel is just lying around. And the fuel rods are not just simple sticks of uranium. They are quite complicated and the fuel is mostly enclosed up until shortly before it is inserted into the reactor. So you would have to try to sneak like a 4 m, 100 kg piece of metal out of there.

The burned fuel is even less accessible because it is in lead cases at a bottom of a pool of water.

So yeah, pretty much impossible. If you want to steal spent fuel ambush a transport truck. They are not heavily guarded. They look like big armored garbage trucks with the radiation sign on them.

And why would you want to sell to terrorists who will just as easily nuke your city? You are so fucking short sighted.

Just buy your uranium off amazon like the rest of us.

Why would a terrorist steal reactor fuel? If they wanted an explosion they could just cause a meltdown

Just put it in a Rubix cube and throw it to the guard when you walk out.

First off the Uranium in a nuke plant isn't enriched very much. And it's in the form of pellets enclosed in zirconium tubes (fuel rods). So the stuff isn't very useful and it kinda bulky.

It's not like they search peoples buttholes on the way out. But if you try to leave with anything radioactive you'll trip the radiation alarms.

Less well known the highway patrol in the US has radiation detectors. I've heard of someone on a cross country move getting stopped because their cat had radiation therapy and tripped an alarm.

Im pretty sure op watches the simpsons and thinks people are just playing with glowing green shit.

>sandwich stealth
kek

The uranium you can buy online is ore. The fissile isotope 235 is less than 1% of weight. It will make a Geiger counter beep but that's about it.

some people accidentally stole a truck that was carrying cobalt 60, they are now dead from the radiation. but hey, you obviously know what you are doing and about the dangers of carrying enriched uranium around. nuclear powerplants always have spare piles of enriched uranium laying around and there is no security whatsoever. that's why so many people steal uranium. you are retarded, it would be easier for you to buy it and enrich it yourself, but if you knew a thing about nuclear reactors you would already know that

nydailynews.com/news/world/mexican-thieves-stole-truck-carrying-radioactive-material-die-article-1.1538219

There's only a couple of reactors here in US where the spent fuel can be used for...um...other purposes. Usually the spent fuel is kept in an outdoor cooling pool.

Spent fuel is tranported in what's called a cask. Damn near indestructible containers. In 39 years, I've never seen one on the road.

And don't bother with thorium. While it's a viable alternative as fuel in reactors, it's basically worthless for any other purpose.

Google "radioactive boy scout"

And now that I'm in the watch list...time for wipes and relocation.

Goodbye Cred Forums

Well going by what I saw at Hunterston B They search you when you go in, and search you when you come out.
They even search cop cars just in case.

Generally the plants have on site storage for the casks it is very rare they move the things.

>gubment
Europig detected.
America is #1, filthy 3rd world europig. Fucking die.

also its not like handling active enriched uranium is hard, its only a couple hundred degrees and so radioactive you will get fatal cancer the second you touch it

No

Peace fam

gotta know what you lookin for

>so radioactive you will get fatal cancer the second you touch it

I figure if OP is smart enough to pull of a heist of this nature, than he knows the risk. If not, just another candidate for a Darwin award like the asshats in this anons linkI remember that story. I think one of them lived maybe 3 days at most.

Radioactive materials aren't a joke. OP would be safer making TATP to initiate a fuel oil device.

Lol you stupid, fucking, retarded, dumbass, dipshit, short-sighted, fuckwit, moronical, waste of matter.
What makes you think I'll be in the same town after i sell uranium? Do you even think outside your own little box?

Sorry, but the highway patrol thing sounds like pure bullshit.

>implying any of this shit even exists
I'll take Counter-Intelligence for $8,000

>Damn near indestructible

I know a Nuclear Security Officer

They're fuckin REAL serious about security in those places

But what if you coated the inside of your rectum with lead? Then you could shove them pellets up there.

Sure you cant make a nuclear bomb out of that grade uranium. But you could make a dirty bomb. Then drop it at the boarder so every mexican that came over gets cancer.

Maybe we have your answers.?

It's the technology we're so secretive about.
And according to my Environmental Science book,

- At the end of 2014, 100 nuclear reactors were operating in the US. The Watts Bar unit 1 reactor in Tennessee was the last unit to come online...
- The 100 existing reactors generate 20% of US. electrical power.
- including those in the US., the world has a total of 437 operating nuclear reactors, with an additional 69 under construction.
- Nuclear power now generates about 13.5% of the world's electricity, but dependence on nuclear energy varies greatly among the 30 countries operating nuclear power plants. rance relying the most on nuclear energy, with 74% of their national energy coming from nuclear reactors.

*France relying the most on nuclear energy....
>SO
Study French scrutiny procedures and routines, research what guns and equipement their quick response agencies use, then you would probably have to use slight of hand to sneak a bit of enriched uranium past it's containers, your safety back-up squad, performance surveillance cameras, and pic related.

and the radiation detectors inside and outside the facilities mentioned above, which might or might not exist, not to mention however the fuck you even got in in the first place.

the three methods of uranium enrichment
>pic related

you also better have a use or trade for the uranium planned, because you don't want to sit around with radiated materials in your drawers fucking with the molecules and living cells around you.

Nuclear power plants don't work like in the simpsons.

What this guy said.
Go to France.
Say "Surrender your uranium!" (not your anus)
??
Profit.

I think the cost of diffusion might be higher than that. I am pretty sure the US doesn't use it at all anymore idk about other countries.

Also whats the proliferation risk?

Lol

>how hard would it be to smuggle uranium/plutonium out of a nuclear plant? do they search you when you leave?
>smuggle [...] plutonium
100% impossible, since nuclear plants don't use plutonium
>smuggle uranium
100% impossible, because you'd be dead before you got out the door if you even tried

Yeah. Got it. Will take to heart.

No. We're not getting into the energy market and economics debate. You can forget it. But give it some time.

>Diving boards
Yes. Back in the 60's people used to swim in the fuel ponds all the time. They later learned that that gives them cancer.

If enough Of us put our mind together we can figure it out

Power of The Chan

>Deleted dubs

Depends on how long you want to live.
Because smuggling it out *safely*, in a container that will keep you from dying before christmas, is effectively impossible.

If you don't care about whether or not you live to see 2017, then smuggling it out would just be really, really, really hard. And if you get caught, you gave yourself radiation poisoning for nothing and you die a horrible painful death in a hospital while awaiting trial.

After the Soviet Union fell apart, some was purchased by our institute for research. They bought it on the black market and smuggled it in a van.

Likely detained and interrogated intensively before you're sentenced to life in Guantanamo Bay for threatening American security.

You can recycle some nuclear waste.

Cool guys get dubs

Shoot me with that Fallout logic, badboi

After having worked onsite at a plant as a contractor, your chances of smuggling out anything is nil. The snipers would get you before you even got close to the radiation.

CP?

What happen if you fart in that suit ?

Well, cool guy, are we building weapons or trading our resources?
Maybe we can supply energy to rogue states and radical, terrorist factions over seas. We just have to miniaturize these reactors and set up defensive perimeters around our trade routes once we establish foreign relations and the U.N. recognizes our self-made terrorist group as a legitimate nation.

We're going to need bitches to populate. Maybe we can trade something valuable with ISIS in exchange for a bunch of sex slaves.

virtually impossible. Even if you somehow got off the premises, they would send out helicopters with gamma radiation detectors. You would NOT get far.

He asked if was an abandoned fuel pond.

idk why he deleted it. Although a dumb question it was kinda funny.

Just stupidity

>
>is that an abandoned fuel pool

are you troing to start a
CHAN REACTION?

offbyone.jpg

Its irrelevant that they would catch you as You'd probably die within a matter of days since the only uranium/plutonium on site would be irradiated.

And it would be useless as nuclear weapon fissile or as a dirty bomb.

damn, off by one

Trip dubs check em
Also, just finished burying a dead cat. It is no fucking surprise we are looking for easier methods of storing this material.

>wah the hell kinda name is Soap?

Pic related though, for real

youtube.com/watch?v=INAlUGn0RYg

>gamma radiation detectors
female orgasms

that image is wrong, you need U-238 for nukes

to make dirty bombs and detonate them in the US or European countries. radiation would cause sickness in the population and also make those places near the detonation site uninhabitable, along with the deaths of thousands of individuals. it would allow more open spaces near the blast radius to be inhabited by more terrorists.

Unless that image is counter-intelligence, it is not wrong according to Environmental Science sources and Wikipedia including The Atomic Energy Agency?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium-235

Terrorists aren't going to get nuclear fuel from an active reactor. They're going to get it from mines or on the black market. Nobody has yoinked a concerning amount of materials from an active plant ever, and it's not like there isn't that many power plants since France is fully nuclear with no issues.

>Explosion
>Meltdown

These two things are not related.

What's scary is the hole ripped open in the ozone layer after these explosions
Then take a look at modern day Hiroshima and Nagasaki, it's like the nuke never happened, well, except for the crater from the mid-air explosion
And yeah, you're spot on, pic somewhat very related to some extent. Then there's fallout from volcanoes.

The 3rd degree burning and blinding flash even from the further zones
The shakes can't be good for the plates
The sound is deafening
Check out the Hiroshima Shadows and photojournalism that caught the aftereffects of those nuclear attacks. The nuclear flash burnt shadows onto stone and infants were wandering around covered in burning ash.

Why? It makes sense, especially if it was put up during the cold war.

It's actually real, if you want terrible usage, check out Russia's hidden cities, like city 40 and the plants they had there to enrich materials. Literally handling radioactive power with their bare hands.

have you ever read "good omen" by Terry Pratchett?
it explains it quite well.
I read it years ago, but there was something along the lines of "5 tons of uranium were stolen from the plant, do you think it could be some theives?"
"yes, some very strong thieves"