Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mateba_Autorevolver
youtube.com/watch?v=i3_cBnj0asw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=n97Yrb-OuVY
gunzmart.com/blog/understanding-handgun-actions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Semi-Automatic or Revolver?
>Why?
Semi-auto. Higher capacity. Quicker to reload.

Hmm having someone down on their knees at the end of your revolver is way more satisfying.

Revolver. Don't leave shell casings.

When is the last time you heard of a revolver jamming?

Revolver, reliable, and available in a much larger variety of large calibers. Plus, it is hella rare for a revolver to jam!

Automatic

Depends what you want it for. I like semi because of the grip and overall shorter length on average.

Plus I like being able to swap mags versus reloading a cylinder, but it is all personal taste.

checked the dubdubs

Semi auto for practicality.

Revolver if youre a boss with a big swinging cock and balls and you don't give a fuck.

They do jam, if you but some shit tier country knock off.

Dubs tells the truth

Also this:

One time I got the urge to finally end it, then I played Russian roulette with myself. Revolvers are better.

I you buy some shit tier knock off, sorry, I am drinking and doing some other writing at the same time. Taurus used to make some crappy eight round .357's that would not always rotate the cylinder.

I've always wanted a revolver.
How much is it usually for a decent double action 357 magnum?
Used

revolver more power, no jamming

Why not both?

semi autos come in every size and option and can do basically what ever you need.

a hammer less snub nose revolver in .357 has its place as a CC option if you want maximum firapowa. but really though, I dislike the heavy trigger pull that they tend to have.

The wheel-gun is cheaper, inherently safe, and only requires one hand to operate.

Google is your friend.

Depends on what it is and what condition

$400-$500ish

Go with Ruger. Never an issue with a GP 100.

Revolvers only require one hand. Semi's need to draw the slide back when you have a bad round.

How do Revolvers work like?
Do you need to pull the hammer before shooting?

Looking it up

>Do you need to pull the hammer before shooting?
dude it is not 1734

>Do you need to pull the hammer before shooting?
Only on a single action

Most modern revolvers are double action where pulling the trigger also actuates the hammer, although you can still cock the hammer if you want. Cocking the hammer makes a lighter trigger for easier shots

revolver

>my carry gun in pic

and you can even play russian roulette

not unless its 1864, double action revolvers are basically the default option. pulling the trigers pulls back the hammer, you can manually set the hammer back it decrease the pull weight of the trigger. its not a good habbit for self deffnce but its better for the range stuff.

Depends. If you don't, the revolver is called "double-action" meaning you can pull the trigger and it'll cock the hammer and release it. Single-action means you have to manually cock the hammer before pulling the trigger to release it. Double-action revolvers can also be fired single-action style.

LETTUCELUVER1999 ON KIK GET @ ME I GOT THEM SPICY NUDES

Kys

>chiappa

Kys

>more power

Kys

Not cheaper

Kek

Revolver for newbies=no failures.
Semi auto after you have training and practice.
No brains=no headaches.

>Chippa
Try again
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mateba_Autorevolver

If you really wanted to kill yourself you would've done it was a semi auto.

semi auto, pic related my two latest blat blat gats

As a law enforcement firearms instructor I just want to say that you are an idiot and you should never talk again.

#REKT

Mateba you silly person, though the Chiappa rhino is basically a continuation of the concept

ive never understood people's fascination with guns. Like wow a stupid thing that shoots metal things out. big fuckin deal. Notice how guys with large penises never care about guns or cars?

>raised by a single mother

You've personally inspected gun owners penises? Wow, you're a fuckin faggot

;p;

Why are you so obsessed with cock that you always relate it to things?

for me, its the fact that a very very very small portion of the civilian world has access to them so to not own a few is to not take advantage of something that not everyone has.

Hey fucker: I like guns and I even had to have a penis reduction. Was hurting my lower back.

This site is for Americans, subhuman.

Either bait
Or a retard
Or maybe both

I don't get you fags. Nearly all modern revolvers don't fire unless the cylinder is full. So its a good little prank to play on your friends nowadays.

>Men who carry guns suffer from a “crisis of confidence.”

>Gun owners tend to be angry and impulsive.

>Holding a gun can make you paranoid.

>Those with racist views are more likely to oppose gun reform.

>Conservatives are far more likely to own firearms than others.

>Risk-taking students are more likely to have guns at college.

It's due to bad personality traits at best, full-blown personality disorders at worst.

>Nearly all modern revolvers don't fire unless the cylinder is full

nogunz faggot detected

I'm gonna go with "Yes, please"

>hella
Let's stop using this adjective please.

This. The true Russian roulette is seeing if that semi will jam on ya

i like the revolvers u kno they do more damage usually fasterr ttk

>look mommy!
>i'm trolling 4chin!

Care to explain? I've seen this demonstrated on several revolvers. You probably don't know shit

Revolver, because all you need to kill anything that moves is 6 shots

Um, Fag, I like cars, bikes, guns, oh and I have an eight inch cock. I also have an interest in history, philosophy, and music. Plus, this Cred Forums is just fuckin' funny to read.

>anyone who says something I disagree with is trolling.

Get triggered harder.

>Holding a gun can make you paranoid
Watch out I found the gaylord who has never held a gun before
>Those with racist views are more likely to oppose gun reform
Hillary Clinton once believed in less gun laws. So... racist
>Conservatives are far more likely to own a firearm than other
So? A police officer is more likely to be carrying a firearm than the advarage joe.

Why does it look like that the barrel is pointing upwards?

You sound butthurt that you weren't smart enough to sell the bait.

Semi auto striker fired guns best guns for practicality.

Wheeliegats a way more fun range toy

Some of us were born in the '70's, and grew up in the '80's, would you prefer the adjective "Bitchin" perhaps?

You don't need to cock most of them. But the ones that dont need cocking can be cocked if you want a lighter trigger pull.

Revolvers dont leave shells and also have the advantage of having a choice of a higher caliber round

Semi automatics can fire faster and reload faster and has a higher capacity
So yeh i would say semi auto

Double action= pull trigger and boom single action= pull hammer then trigger, boom

most guns >.380ACP have a different design than straight blowback, so the barrel actually isn't fixed and comes up like that on every cycle.

Because that's how 99% of all modern handguns work? The barrel unlocks from the slide by tilting upwards. It's called the browning tilt design used by almost all modern semiauto handguns.

>care to explain

Sure, it's bullshit. The hammer on a revolver is not in any way linked to whether or not there is ammo in the cylinder. You fucking idiot.

>hella
I never heard the "word" hella until last year on Cred Forums and I'm an oldfag.

Few of the retard users of the word "hella" realize it is a derivative of a Viking utterance "helajatok" that was spoken when a young boy's anus was penetrated.

Use it all you want but when you do, don't be surprised if Scandinavians giggle in your presence.

Revolver
it feels so different from simply changing a clip.

>clip

kys

>not getting the reference
no, you kys

In a perfect world I'd have both. Semi-auto for defense and quicker reloading, and a revolver because I like their history way more.

>chippa

I got a big ass dick and I love guns. Tf u gon do about it bitch?

>their history
Alright because that's actually a thing.

Nigga that is a Mateba.

>nofunz fucking faggot detected

Butthurt?

>6 rounds of .357 magnum
vs
>15+1 rounds of more powerful 10mm and faster reloads

Revolver fags btfo

I need that

What'd you pay for dat beauty

G29 is my woods gun for hiking/camping in bear and methhead territory. Highly recommended.

>Higher capacity
but don't you know that six shots is more than enough to kill anything that moves

Eh, about $550 for the gun, another $100 for Trijicon HD night sights and about $150 for the KKM match grade barrel for shooting hardcast lead bear rounds

Except the Rhino isnt an Autorevolver. So basically not a continuation in any way.

>assuming niggers don't travel in packs

Kek. U live in cali?

>methhead country

Okay, so, you are completely discounting the fact hat Cred Forums is a diverse environment, and you have established that your a gay pedophile who like non-consensual sex with little boys. Also, only a newfag would claim to be an oldfag, Oldfags just are, no self proclamation needed, or warranted. Now go ask mommy for some milk and cookies, and go the fuck to bed little boy, girl, or what ever made up sexual identification you have made to describe your basement dwelling, non showering ass. No one even speaks true old viking, or old Scandinavian or Norse outside of a very few academic circles anymore, and some shit you watched on History channel does not count as an academic anything. I am married to a wonderful Blonde haired, Ice-Blue Eyed Lady from Norway, and she even said go suck a fat babies dick to your post.

Shhh. Let the nogunz pretend he's going to get in a gunfight just like in da movies.

>Hillary Clinton has never been racist

What the fuck did you just say about me?

>on Cred Forums
>trying this hard

Faggot.

Revolver I know how to aim and I enjoy knowing when if I have to shoot a faggot he will know he was shot.

Yeah makes sense to me lots of niggerslove guns and cars still though they are also the most likely to be homosexual as well

Revolver
With a silencer

If I'm going to put six rounds into something then I'd like to be able to do it more than once before I reload

implying you're gonna hit with 100% accuracy

>Quicker to reload
speed reloader.

Yes all traits except conservatism niggers have who cause the majority of violent crime

10 MM The Lone Wanderer Approves

I live somewhere where I feel no need to own a gun for self defence, and if I did it would be a shotgun. To answer your question though:

Probably a revolver. If I couldn't defend my home with 6 shots I'm probably in over your head anyway, I believe you can leave one loaded for longer without worrying about the springs in the magazine losing effectiveness and causing a jam, and I'd probably find it more fun to take to a range so I'd actually get some practice in once in a while.

Since we're in the land of the hypothetical here, I'd quite fancy an old Webley service revolver.

Even with your cock ring loader, still faster to reload semi-autos..

way to take the bait mister internet tough guy.

i believe what you meant to say is you have an 8-inch fedora.

>I live somewhere where I feel no need to own a gun for self defence

>implying crime never happens in good areas

You're a fool. You're that dumb ass that gets interviewed by the news after being a victim of a violent crime and says something to the effect of, "we never have crime around here, but after this, I am going to get some protection."

Faggot.

>Probably a revolver.

Shows you're ignorant of pistols. I hope you're not an American, and if you're not, don't ever come here.

It's high noon.

b8ed so good

>Silencer

literally the "no, you're stupid" argument

Those things are awkward and bulky

Either you're replying to an exchange you lost half an hour ago or you're whiteknighting for another man. What flavor of pathetic do you want to be?

Amen brother.

if it doesnt have at least 12 rounds, It's useless in a gunfight

Shooter's preference.

Revolvers are far more reliable, and can come in HUGE rounds that won't fit in a small palm-based magazine.

Semi-autos are often quicker, can usually carry more ammo, and are quicker to easily reload...

Either way, get good with a good weapon and neither will really matter... Like I said, shooter's preference...

If you're in the thick of it and defending your life, it doesn't really matter what lead delivery system you're using if you don't know how to use it...

but what if it's high noon

I like my mateba.

>It's useless in a gunfight
>useless

Not useless, just a higher probability of running out of ammo. According to statistics, on average, only three rounds are fired at distance of three feet during a 'gun fight' and it usually only last three seconds.

I carry a G26. Ten in the mag plus one in the pipe, totaling eleven. I also carry a spare 15 round mag. Enough ammo for most scenarios.

Semi-auto 9mm is most efficient if you're talking about a self-defense pistol. If you want something for fun, go with a .387 or .44 magnum

Revolvers look a shit ton meaner than semis. Dirty Harry just wouldn't have been the same even with a big .45 semi.

Practical purposes though, semi is the way to go. Most self-defence scenarios involve getting a lot of lead in the air as fast as possible.

>Notice how guys with large penises never care about guns or cars?

I always check penis size when guys talk about guns and cars - you're absolutely correct.

revolver, no casings to pick up

It's hiiiigh noon

Correct answer: In protracted combat, the semi auto would be the best choice; in a one-on-one combat, the revolver is preferred.

If it is not known which threat might occur, go with a semi auto if you have practiced with a reliable firearm. Go with the revolver if you have not practiced and pray you do not have multiple assailants.

You're fucking with me right? Dirty Harry was a straight up pimp with that .44 AutoMag

>pray you do not have multiple assailants.

The problem: there's often multiple suspects.

What are you guys, environmentalists? You damn sure aren't trying to get away with murder. Let's not forget to mention instances where you need more than 5-6 shots to quell a situation. Pic related

Come on man...
Where's the meatiness? Just isn't the same without looking down the barrel at that cylinder and realising you have no idea how many times he's fired.

Revolver is a woodsman's tool, something you strap on your waist or in your kit to deal with large animals. It also excels at long range pistol target shooting as well.

Semi-automatic just beats it everywhere else. The only saving for the revolver is its hypothetical reliability, in that the likelihood of any combination of its parts going wrong is far far less than a semi's. Of course, this doesn't mean one can't trust modern designs.

And ultimately, if one round misfires, you simply need to pull the trigger again. A semi can not do this.

Semi-autos are better in literally every way, and anyone who disagrees is a huge flaming faggot

Owning a gun for self defence is illegal here, and carrying one in a city as a civilian doubly so, so that would be a pretty dumb thing for me to say on TV.

I know the arguments for both, I'm not a fool who things a revolver is a better weapon, I just don't want a damn semi automatic. I'm not a cop, not a soldier, and 100% of the shootings I've read about in the news in this city since I've lived here have been gang-on-gang, or police-on-suspect. I'm not in a gang, I'm not about to resist armed police, this city is statistically one of the safest in the world, and the odds of needing a weapon in self defence are staggeringly low. Carrying one would literally increase my odds of getting hurt.

I'd pick a revolver because they appeal more as recreational firearms, which is as valid as your reason for picking a semi automatic for your needs. As I said, if I did want a gun primarily for self defence, it wouldn't be a handgun anyway.

I'm not American. I like visiting the USA, but I'm usually glad to get home afterwards. I enjoy not worrying about what would happen to my uninsured friends if they had health issues.

>you simply need to pull the trigger again

>assuming a DA revolver

A person that has never shot or carried guns should not be able to critique them; not in the SJW-defending-minority way, but in a you-have-no-idea-what-you're-talking-about way.

A single action weirdly has it's own failsafe. With older models lack the bar safety, If the trigger fails, you can just pull the hammer back and let it loose. If the hammer spring fails, you can just hit the hammer with a rock. Both horrible methods for any sort of accuracy, but you at least have a gun that can shoot.

This.

You haven't said anything different from your initial statement. All you did was elaborate. You're still wrong.

Oh, and be cautious when you visit us here in states. We got a lot of niggers that LOVE unarmed and clueless tourists like you.

If I knew I was in for a gunfight, I'd carry a handgun as a backup, and choose a 12 gauge shotgun for short range, an AR variant for midrange, and a 30.06 scoped deer rifle for long range.

Most people, including cops, can't hit shit with a handgun.

I've used sporting shotguns, hunting rifles, target rifles, and the L86A2, and handled 9mm brownings, the L96A1 rifle, L86 LSW, GPMG, and I got to "play" with a 30ml cannon once.

The shotguns, target rifles, and L86 I got to use pretty regularly for a few years. I also had to learn to strip and clean them, and perform safety checks and drills. I'm an ok shot, would probably be a decent one if I'd picked shooting as a hobby instead of a minor interest.

i am a gun ask me anything

Are the rumours true?
Do you kill people?

o hell yea

Lol which one is better for suicide?

Revolver
with a silencer
and a laser sight

youtube.com/watch?v=i3_cBnj0asw

>Lol which one is better for suicide?

12 gauge, easy.

Go to /k/ you fags

Both are equally as fun for punching holes in paper.

I've been to the USA mate, it's not the black people who scare me, even when I was the only white guy waiting for the bus in the Bronx.

beautiful. i remember that vid.

>Revolver
>with a silencer

kek, bullshit. There's a gap between the cylinder and forcing cone in the barrel. A revolver goes BANG no matter what kind of shit you screw on the muzzle.

>it's not the black people who scare me

Hang out in Oakland next visit, cunt.

I've noticed that people who hate guns tend to be very concerned about other people's cocks.

nagant revolver user

win

Kekles

kek, you learn about "guns" by playing video games.

Do you even own a real firearm?

Go ahead and lie. I'll still laugh.

Not true.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=n97Yrb-OuVY

>implying I don't enjoy milsurp/history

Semi-Automatic

More capacity and I like how they look.

and how did you know the mosin nagant was in a video game, user?

Sigbro your serial is showing. When I was first looking into a carry gun my first impulse was a revolver for reliability. But honestly a semiauto is much more useful in a shit hits the fan situation. Just take care of it and keep it clean. Pic related my carry gun.

Also

>8in here
For the bait fag.

Sure, California sounds worth a visit. What neighbourhood do I have to walk through armed with nothing but not being a racist before my opinion matters worth a damn?

lmfao!!11!!111!!!

on the fucking vid, it fucking sounds as fucking loud as the "unsilenced" shots fired!!111!!11!!!

Fuck off kid. If you think everything on the webs is true, I have some great leads on penis enlargement pills for you.

Dipshit.

It is true. The 1882 Nagant Revolver is an exception to the rule only because it uses a sealed gas chamber design.

that's not a mosin nagant, just developed by nagant

Both. Revolver as primary.

stupid faggot

Let's just be honest here.

If you aren't military or police, and you find yourself in a situation where 6 bullets isn't enough to get you out of it, you probably weren't making it home anyway.

Revolver.

Straightforward, easy to clean, easy to care for, easy to keep around for emergencies without having to lube it up and stroke it off every few weeks just to keep it 'sorta' reliable.

The "sealed gas chamber" is as sealed as your bunghole, son.

Why are you so mad?

No it doesn't. It sounds like any other suppressed weapon. A 'silencer' doesn't completely mute a weapons report. It just lessens it.

man that thing is longer than i remember

my fucking sides

I have both so it's more what I am in the mood for carrying, I prefer semi-auto tho.

>Revolver
H8 for ballistic evidence to be left at the scene.

Very true. It opens the gap between the frame and the cylinder when the weapon isn't cocked and pushes it forward to seal it when it is. Much like my sphincter when I drop a deuce on your moms wifes tits.

What is that?

it's a nice walking stick

Bullshit. I fired a licenced Sten SMG with a full barrel suppressor using subsonic ammo, and all you could hear was slight hiss from the ammo, and loud clacking from the action.

Is it a meme that revolvers are better for long range and precision shooting?

Like outside of any real combat situation, just at the range. Would a specialized revolver be a better tool for the job of hitting the center of my target than a specialized semi?

(here I mean 'specialized' for precision)

Amen.

Nice meme ammunition faggot.

>your moms wifes tits.

I guess you're a little more than just confused about how the world actually works.

You're so wrong...

Cry harder, fag

no, but a standard revolver performs pretty well against standard pistols, especially if they're striker fired due to the trigger pull

Care to refute it with evidence?

Most of the time yeah
Fewer moving parts
(Generally) more powerful boolets
Heavy

There are a few semis with fugg good accuracy tho

>falloutscopedrevolver.jpg

>striker fired due to the trigger pull

They only have only have a heavy trigger pull on double actions. My colt Navy has a hair trigger.

>you can only cut down trigger pull so much with a new trigger connector/gucci trigger

Care to prove you don't have an extra chromosome?

good lord

that's what she said! WOOO!

I came into this thread to say exactly that.
>muh .357 handheld cannon
>muh Cz75 Chuj ci w dupę

>thinks a long mag makes it automatic
lmao@urlife get hoed on

I am a firearms noob, mind elaborating on what exactly
>striker fired
means and how it's significant to accuracy?

Got any examples of >semis with fugg good accuracy ?
(I was always a fan of the fallout45)

Either. I prefer the balance of a revolver, but shoot what you like.
I have oddly proportional hands. Large palms, tiny fingers. Most pistols aren't comfortable.
Pic related. It's my dream.

Aussy nogun trollan retard pls go

gunzmart.com/blog/understanding-handgun-actions/ Good link with a lot of decent info for the basics.
A glock 34 will have breddy decent accuracy out of the box.

>I am a firearms noob, mind elaborating on what exactly
>>striker fired

The primer of a chambered round is ignited by a striker as opposed to a hammer and firing pin. It's a design difference, and has no bearing on accuracy, reliability, or quality.

I'm an idiot
Forgot pic

a striker is a spring loaded metal rod that is set almost all the way when you cock it and is set the rest of the way during the trigger pull (on glocks at least; this is for "safety" so if the striker were to release without a trigger pull it wouldn't ignite the primer)
hammer fired is like a revolver, you cock it and when you pull the trigger the only thing holding back the hammer is released and it slams into the cartridge

>GP 100
My fucking nigger. Got this on my bedside table, and I sleep well with it there.

Revolver. Why? Isn't it obvious?

>the hammer is released and it slams into the cartridge

kek. Dipshit

>never fired a revolver with the firing pin on the hammer

>more than just confused about how the world actually works
He's calling you the adopted child of a pair of bulldykes, tardo.

>>the hammer is released and it slams into the cartridge

You're still a dipshit

Would you agree with
That this distinction's impact on accuracy is negligible?

the gun itself is going to be more accurate than you. Trigger pull is a real factor with determining actual accuracy

Ignoring obvious troll post I think it has something to do with explosions and blowing things up. Its just fun. Kinda like playing with fireworks as a kid and that stuff. Some people enjoy it and some don't. Don't get me wrong a lot of people love guns because muh freedoms but if I'm being honest with myself I just like blowing things up. Firepower and all that jazz.

Gee, thanks for the autistic late response, you fucking moron. That take you all night?

Take your meds, you have SPED school tomorrow, son..

>Heavy is good.
>Heavy is reliable.
>If it doesn't work you can always hit them with it.

Why is your name Boris the Bullet Dodger?

>the gun itself is going to be more accurate than you.
Would this still apply to handguns in general in well trained hands at long range?

Yeah. Even if I was allowed to own guns I probably wouldn't. Couldn't say I wouldn't get angry and use it inappropriately.

But been target shooting and that was fun. Even just plinking away with a .22 at static targets is a great way to spend an afternoon.

It varies. It makes the trigger respond to a lighter touch, and some guns have such a heavy trigger pull that it does fuck with your aim; striker fired guns have more flexibility that you can adjust the resistance on the trigger to lighten a heavy trigger, or sometimes tighten up guns with notoriously light triggers. It varies based on the gun itself; hammer fired guns have some ability to be adjusted as well, but it typically involves wholly replacing parts and is not so finely tuneable.

All that said, practise and good shooting technique will largely negate these issues, but adjusting your weapon for a comfortable trigger action can improve things and is a nice little project to make the weapon 'yours'.

no, but it will take a lot of practice

Kurt's Coldbrains

I think this is the answer I was looking for. Thank you user.

>Even just plinking away with a .22 at static targets is a great way to spend an afternoon.

Some of the best fun I ever had was with a couple buddies with Ruger 10/22s and a few bricks of ammo and a case of beer down at the town dump. Creative plinking is a lot like golf in some ways, and a lot more fun.

Absolutely. It's only when you get up to long arms and the upper end of effective ranges that the weapon's innacuracy starts to become a factor. Before that you still have operator accuracy and removing compound errors like imprecise range reading and minute inaccuracies with your sights.

We we we weatherby mkv??? What caliber?

Nagant Revolver. That thing is legit

Not really. A long barrel should have better accuracy at longer ranges than a snub-nose.
What's with all the range questions? If this is to do with the scoped fallout .44, then yes... the long range accuracy of that weapon is highly exaggerated.

fucking jesus you barely qualify as a sentient being

the one that costs as much as .50 BMG

he just wanted a cool photo for the album cover, he really wasn't thinking it through

If you need more than 6 shots you're doing something wrong.

>long range
>using anything other than a rifle for distance
>using anything other than 12 gauge for short distance

>Nagant Revolver

It was invented in the 19th century. There's a reason no other manufacturer since then adopted the design.

Ohhh very nice. Has it got a typical weatherby monte carlo stock?

Revolver, no shell casings to clean up

hard to get it all in one pic with good quality

brah...

>7mm Wby. Mag
Fucking hell user, what are you shooting, moose?!?

Semiauto for legal concealed carry, revolver for dirty work, unless you need a suppressor

Sounds like fun. Doing that is a great way to get arrested here though.

I guess novelty plays a part. I'm not always around guns, maybe once a month or so I head to the range, buy 50 rounds and hire a rifle.
Its like bowling... don't do it all the time, suck at it, but I have fun doing it.

no, left-handed

I love it hahaha. Im rocking the monte carlo style too on my parker hale supreme number one. Its weird people kinda bag on monte carlos saying theyre a 70s fad, but i think theyre comfy asf.

>not having a suppressed revolver

pleb

I love it, this one dates to 72. only thing I'd change are the scope rings

Never used one, but everyone I've heard from tells me they're shit

>tfw shooting clay targets lined up along a brick wall from ~200m with a .22
>clay is right at the bottom edge of the scope to even get close and we haven't hit one yet
>"fuck it, get the .243"
>put the crosshair dead on and watch them disappear
Plinking is fun as long as you don't get silly.

Mines from the 60's/70's im roped to parker hale scope rings haha. What sort of scope have you got? Ive got a pecar 4x on mine (t post reticle haha)

Semi-auto for EDC. Revolvers look cool, that's about it. They're bulkier so they are harder to conceal carry, and they have a high recoil so if you miss in a life or death situation you may not get a second chance.

Yeah... I got a buddy who went plinking with a .308
Missed the target, hit and killed 2 sheep instead. Not his finest hour

Most of that comes as a result of heightened normals of adrenaline and testosterone hormones resulting from the brains processing of holding a gun as a survival imperative. Like guns or not, pick one up, and your brain reacts as if you just got an invite to bang a 10 or won a lifetime supply of steak dinners. It thinks you're in god mode, amps itself up, and reacts predictably with all the reactions long established in response to those hormones. ...including fatigue and lingering symptoms from prolonged exposure. Nothing you can do about it. It's literally your brain drugging itself to love guns, regardless of how you rationalize it. Firing a shot is another entire ball of physiological fun & games, with your brain reacting to it the same way it reacts to an orgasm.

Humans are simple animals.

redfield t scope, it's alright :/

Mine looks pretty careworn on the outside but its crystal clear haha