I need help, I'm 18 this will be my last year of highschool...

I need help, I'm 18 this will be my last year of highschool, have the money to buy the car parents say no its not practical and won't budge...what do?

They're right. You might love the car and everything, I get that. But could you afford the insurance, let alone maintenance on it? Look up what just an OEM water pump on that thing is, let alone other parts. And than add leighbor costs to a foreign mechanic to boot. They can be costly little buggers.

It's not the base cost that'll get ya. It's the maint. and insurance that'll run ya dry. You need something reliable for your first car man.

Triumph Spitfires are total crap, half are more rust than car. Parts are getting harder to come by too. Its gonna be more of a hassle than anything.

Source: had 2 of these fucking things before, had to buy another 2 more just for spare parts to complete the first 2

>leighbor
Kek. But he's right, the gas, parts, and insurance are going to be high as shit

Sounds like you are a closet fag and u want the shit tier car to help you come out. Just do yourself a favor and buy a real car like a Ford Focus or some shit like that.

Listen to them. Get a shitty camry or civic or something for your first. Cheap insurance and lots of OEM parts is what you want

>have the money
>parents say no

you mean your parents have the money

it will get you mad pussy.

most guys go for muscle cars or lifted trucks of motorcycles, which also pull pussy, however be advised that chicks see themselves driving cute chick cars and all you have to do is promise to let them and they will fuck you.

the trick is breaking up with them before you let their stupid female gold digging paws wreck your car because they were busy taking a selfie in it in rush hour traffic

your parents are right.

we get you want to be different

see how edgy you feel when you break down on a winters night miles from anywhere with no mechanical knowledge whatsoever.

just don't.

they should let their son learn first hand what a bad investment looks like. unless they would be the ones paying for it, in that case you can fuck off faggot

You want eurotrash? By an older Volvo or Mercedes. In Cleveland right now there is a Volvo 240 with only 75K miles and they want 5500. WAYYYY batter options. If you want a convertible that bad, get a miata or something.

Ok, here's the thing to do:

Get a miata. People here will joke that it's a fag car, but it isn't. Chicks fucking LOVE miatas. They are reliable, insurance is DIRT cheap, and they are so much fun. A little bit of money in the suspension, and they are mindblowing. Seriously, just drive one.

also, what's your budget?

never buy a car thats ragged out. its a former SCCA "racing" car - its been pushed to its limits would avoid

you don't want somebody's worn out track car

>>batter

Or instead of the Miata inhale like 50 dicks in a row. But seriously you can get 10 times more car than that shitty triumph for 6K.

Buy it if you want your are at the age where you are supposed to learn from making adult decisions.

Hi luke

Cars are not investments, they are status symbols, you are 18 and haven't gotten a status yet, don't waste your money on a fucking car.

nope

>will joke that it's a fag car, but it isn't
right except it is

faggot

>Cars are not investments, they are status symbols, you are 18 and haven't gotten a status yet, don't waste your money on a fucking car.

That's straight up retarded. Fucking corky thatcher shit right here

>>will joke that it's a fag car, but it isn't
>right except it is
>faggot

no it isn't, beotch

why did you green text the entire post you just replied to? are you ok?

> (You)
>why did you green text the entire post you just replied to? are you ok?
no. please help

It's beautiful, but be wary. There's a reason you rarely see those things on the road anymore.

Part of the problem is that it's a Triumph (British). The other is that it's from the mid-70's, basically a decade before you could county on pretty much any car to be reliable for the long haul.

grow up. in 1 year youll be thankful you didnt,

buy a cheap car in good shape (get person who knows about cars to check it out). look for oil leaks, rust, oil burning. etc. drive it through college.

once you graduate with hopefully an engineering, medical. lawyer, maybe business degree sell it and use the $ as down payment on a sick barely used infiniti/bmw/audi/lexus/acura

I waited till I was 32 before I got a little roadster. You know what? Other people are right, it's never a good fucking decision economically, but that's why it's better to make it when you're young, instead of when you're older and seem pathetic. You're only young once. Live for the moment while you can. ...cause that ends abruptly. You've got the rest of your life to get kicked in the balls by reality and have to make wise financial planning decisions.

Drive a red Italian convertible. Fuck beautiful girls. Spend all your money on both, instead of drugs & booze, and have better memories. Do it.

Dull motherfucking midwesterner complete w/ entirely typical Midwestern suburbanite mindset located.

Yeah, maybe the world won't move beyond the 1950s if we all just close our eyes and pretend real hard that bullshit still works for most people and is still relevant.

Plus he can get a lot of actions from taking people home from the gay

I told you last night it's a shit car bro. They're asking 5K for a "classic sports car " what does that tell you? You will have nothing but regret if you buy that thing. Your parents are smarter than you give them credit for being

explain please?

26 year old not from midwest just speaking from experience.

my first car was a POS jersey mitsubishi galant. lasted 2007-2013. sold it and bought an 08 infiniti that I love here in Richmond, VA.

I have to agree with others. It's a ragged out racer that will become a hole in the driveway you have to fill with money.

I'm gonna get laughed at for this, but hear me out. Get a minivan. You can get a nice one for this kinda money.

Take the seats out its a cargo mover. Seats in your an uber driver. You can take all your shit to college in it. You can live in it if you have to and you can fuck in it.

Chrysler models live forever. Got a 2002 with 360K on the odometer and make $80 -100 in it every day.

chrysler is dogshit you fuckstick

This nigga right here. I was recently given a minivan. And love it. Take naps in it at lunch. Fucking love it.

Only if you get the 3.8L V6. The 3.3L V6 is almost bullet-proof. Dodge Grand Caravans are used in more fleets than any other minivan, so fuck you

That is a beautiful car but, your parents are right. You will spend more than the car is worth in maintenance. If you get it, I hope you have a damn good job. I bought an E30 M3 when I was 17, I loved the car but, I spent over 10k$ over the cars lifetime in maintenance, the car costed me 8.5k$. Loved it but, It wasn't the best idea.