I just bought a GTX 1080 OC and a Acer 4k monitor display

I just bought a GTX 1080 OC and a Acer 4k monitor display.

any of you guys have a 4k setup?

Is it the shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125873&cm_re=1080-_-14-125-873-_-Product
cold-box.com/singlephaserefrigcontaine.html
youtube.com/watch?v=A_2DAs-S5hc
youtube.com/watch?v=HAQS_bRUE1E
youtube.com/watch?v=-qsRzDEQaiM
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009890
alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
gputemp.com/
ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
openhardwaremonitor.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1440p/144hz is far better

I couldn't find a 4k over 60hz

1440p/144hz is better than 4k/60

a gtx 1080 can barely do 4k 60 fps, you should have gotten a 1440p 144hz monitor, maybe an ultrawide

>mfw when I own a 1080 and picked up my Asus 2560x1440 PG278Q on Saturday.

Really depends on what you're playing. If you're doing anything competitive or something that requires lightning quick reactions then a higher hz monitor is the way to go. Anything else, you can't beat the details on a 4k.

Source: I've got the same card/monitor. Gsync works great and SLI just makes it that much smoother.

I just snagged a asus pg348q and it's godly. running on a 980ti

any thoughts on whether or not the 1080ti coming out in jan will be worth upgrading?

Im going from a vizio lcd tv from 2007 and a gtx 780.

I'm pretty sure I am going to be happy.

Oh yeah you'll be in heaven

I just hope I didn't make a mistake on not getting the 144z 1440 instead.

I tried to find a 120 hz 4k, but couldn't. I would have just then run SLI's 1080's OC'd when I get paid.

i have 1280x1024

4k at that refresh rate dont exist yet, as far as I'm aware. Might be on the market next year.

It's all good if I am not happy with it I will just give it to my brother or dad when the 120s come out. They are playing on old ass lcd flat screens as well. But I am used to 60 fps and I am a casual gamer. So as long as it stays in between 50-60 @ high settings without all that motion blur and other cuck shit i will be happy. i don't like many of the resource eating features anyway. I am curious to see how this Gsync works. I have been wanting to try 4k for a very long time I think the 1080 I got will be able to do what I want. newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125873&cm_re=1080-_-14-125-873-_-Product

You can overclock it to 2.1 gighertz easily

yep you should be in good shape then

Should I get the 1060 or the 1070? Not looking to play anything crazy, returning to pc gaming after like an 8 year hiatus. I was leaning towards the 1070. Think I'd bet set for a while?

Can a nvidia 1Gb graphics card handle 1080p 144hrz?

get the best thing you can afford - it'll only last that much longer

I've got 2 970's in sli and am running a dell 4k setup. Get decent fps but it's nothing glorious. I'm sort of disappointed really. I thought it would be amazing. Nope. Same old shit and it doesn't look nearly as good as 1440 with everything cranked.

hey guys, just bought a new pc after many years of console faggotry

Msi R9 370 motherboard 4.2gh OC
Msi R9 380 video card 4G
16GBRam

all i need now is a good gaming monitor kos i got an old plane ass tv.

Should i get this one?:

AOC G2460PF 24-Inch Free Sync Gaming LED Monitor, Full HD (1920 x 1080), 144hz, 1ms

tbh I have been playing this gpu game for a while. What you want to do to get the best value for your money is stay away from the flagships. Generally you want to go for the best single gpu you can, but the closer you go to the flagship the law of diminishing returns kicks in. I would say if you can afford the 1070 go for it, anything more than that is overkill unless if you are being retarded and trying to do 4k on AA titles like I am. Also multiple GPUs can be problem prone.

If you are just playing single monitor 1920x1080 I would seriously just go with a hot 980

I have a 760 a 780 and an r9 siting on my shelf getting dusty. If you live in Florida you can have one.

If I OC this 1080 to 2100-2200 Mghz and it can't push it I am going to send that bitch back and get a 144z 1440. If it can hold around 60 on modest settings I will be happy.

Plus I can always get another 1080 but them fuckers are expensive and I just spent 1600.

I've had nothing but problems with SLI/Crossover in the past. That is why I always just opt to buy a better single gpu and give my old shit away to people that need it or are learning to build.

welcome to the master race.

yeah it looks pretty good to me

But you'll need to run it in something like this

cold-box.com/singlephaserefrigcontaine.html

>give my old shit away to people that need it
My video card is a geforce 9500 gt.

I only went sli because I bought a 970 as it came out and just dropped another one in when I wanted to go 4k. I've never had major issues with sli and I've been doing it since the days of 2 6600 gts strapped together. So I've had plenty of experience. Crossfire on the other hand...... I've had so many issues that I gave up even trying it anymore.

to be fair I tried mostly crossfire and one sli

I won't even touch amd gpus anymore. Not because nvidia is the greatest thing ever, but nvidia has the game industry by the sack and the capatability issues and retardation you face with amd cards is annoying. Although they are cheaper. I own several of both, but I have had less bs with nvida.

but yeah I feel you man I was going to get another gtx 780 and sli them, but I doubt high tits they would push that 4k very well. Like a fat bitch in wet sand.

Do you live in central Florida I will give you a gtx 760

Sadly, I do not. I live in Ohio.

refer to these links
youtube.com/watch?v=A_2DAs-S5hc
youtube.com/watch?v=HAQS_bRUE1E
youtube.com/watch?v=-qsRzDEQaiM

I'll check it out

Look on craigslists or ask friends.

lol its good to be back, a fridge lol.

im clocking it now at 4.2 bit its 3.9 at factory settings.

i also got a Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler AND 2 more fans for ventilation so yeah i took care of the heating problem.

Glad to hear its a good monitor kos i wanna be sure.

i bought an acer 24" 1080p 144hz display and a gtx 1080 a month ago. i dont like bigger monitors than 24" so 1080p is enough and i max out any game with at least 120hz. perfect setup for me

lol yeah I am just busting your balls. I am not a fanboy of either really. I swear by theat h100 it great. I love corsairs shit. I have their m65 mouse too and I love it.

The only regret I have is that I couldn't get a 4k @ 120 or 144

aw yia, ima gonna get that monitor on cyber monday or black friday. gotta be smart and wait for the best price drops of the year.

Just bought a HAVIT HV-KB378L Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, was at 200 but was 69$ 2 days ago, feels good to be a pimp.

well, it all depends on what games you play, your setup and your personal preferences.
in my case, i play 90% shooters like overwatch, cs:go or battlefield.
my desk is not that big, so everything above 24" would be too big for me, i wouldnt have everything in view.
and for this "small" display, you dont need more than 1080p.
if you are more like a casual gamer, a bigger display would probably make you more happy and 4k makes sense there. and for that you dont need 120+hz that much.

buying shit from acer lol

there is actually no coord capable of 4k above 60hz. dp2.whatever can only do 1440 at that speed. Personally I am waiting for that coord to exist, anda 40" 4k monitor (I love my screen real estate) at 144hz before I get the latest gpu. You can get really nice korean 40" 4k screens for like $500 US i think. there is a chance they come with a dead pixel. My friend got one with a dead pixel, but it's barely noticeable, and great if you are fine with a B-grade setup.

acer has actually good quality in high price classes, but the cheap ones are shit

> welcome to the master race
Newfag

dude mechanical keyboards are the shit.

I had to use a bs dome web bullshit at work the other day and it was not even cool.

>ve 60hz. dp2.whatever can only do 1440 at that speed. Personally I am waiting for that coord to exist, anda 40" 4k monitor (I love my screen real estate) at 144hz before I get the latest gpu. You can get really nice korean 40" 4k screens for like $500 US i think. there is a chance they come with a dead pixel. My friend got one with a dead pixel, but it's barely noticeable, and great if you are fine with a B-grade setup.

Not buying anything because you're broke lol

Yeah I looked at the chink 40" ones but I wanted gsync

Misunderstanding clear satire is something adolescence with Aspergers often suffer with. They often scream obscenities and wt themselves. Retreating to a crust covered body pillow, gently fellating a cheeto dust encrusted finger. RTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MOMMMMMMMMMMM TENDIESSSSS

There is nothing wrong with acer, you do pay for the name though.

I play casually dude, I am sure it will be fine for . I am not an fps spastic.

>craigslists or ask friends
Nobody I know is into PC gaming with custom built desktops, but I will give craigslist a try.

I have a 1070. It can run the new Doom at full specs in 5760x1080 resolution. I am happy with my purchase, especially considering the price difference.

OP is that the monitor you bought? I am considering getting the 32 inch acer predator and I want to know what the input lag is like

nice

Sorry try getting a part time job or something

That game was so disappointing

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009890

I don't have it yet newfag hasn't sent it in teh mail yet.

I am going to be pissed if it comes with a 30hz limited display port cord.

Good luck OP with your purchase I hope it is a good decision. Scaling might be annoying in some apps at 27" though but windows is getting better and better at ironing out those problems

Thanks bro, I am just going to be pissed if I can only get 30z with that cable. Otherwise i will be happy. Yeah I might consider 10 if I cannot find a viable solution for win7sp1

hey man

im this guyplaying arkham knight and framerates drop down to 30...how can i maintain 60 frames per second on a good game??? what do i need?? more cpu power?? more gigs on the video card?? Over clocking>?

I would say the sweet spot is 1440p 144hz at the moment , but 4K is cool with a 1080 if you tweak a few graphic options down to get fps. Have fun op.

Wasn't arkham knight known to be a shit pc port? Doesn't matter what you do that game will run like ass.

see
I've ran into this problem with ports more than once. Look at the optimum settings for your card though. I know nvidia has an optimization per game function, I am sure amd has something similar and it will give you the best setting possible. Typically games depend more on the gpu than the cpu. Overclocking can be fine, but you want to watch your temperatures, there are several free benchmarking tools as well as gpu/cpu utilities that will show you usage.

i use these

alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

gputemp.com/

ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

Generally you want to synthetically stress after you overclock so you can monitor your temperatures.

I will!

Way to not do your research and just flex your wallet.
Refresh rate >> resolution

I did my research, and chose what I chose. 50-60 fps is just fine for me.

If I was one of those that takes gaming too seriously, sure I would have got a 144 1440.

To each his own.

>alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
thnx, card and motherboard brought temperature programs, but yeah optimizing is good idea i just forgot what and where is the tool to use it on my pc... And the port has been fixed finally after a year.

This one is quite good too, I like it because shows more temps than CoreTemp. Quite Simple though.

openhardwaremonitor.org/

>50-60 frames is fine
>buys $500 card

overclocking is way easier than it was back in the day, good luck man. If you need help you can post on here, believe it or not they are more helpful than Cred Forums.

That looks pretty tight I am going to try it.

>$720 card
>Something tells me you will never have that problem.

Buy what you want, I'll buy what I want.

I went with the GTX 1070 STRIX (student life), and still live with my 32' TV screen.