Hey there Cred Forums I am a psychologist. ask me anything

Hey there Cred Forums I am a psychologist. ask me anything

Have you ever eaten authentic French cassoulet from Toulouse?

what number am i thinking of

I have not. Have you?

what color am i thinking of

orange

cmon smart man lets here it tell me what my dick looks like

it's probably phallus shaped, this much i can say with certitude.

is there a significant difference between the races in terms of a genetic basis for intelligence?

wrong. all of your time and money used on schooling was for nothing

help

sup fellow Psych BS this place keep you interested with its huge shit storm of nurosis ?

Cassoulet pour le JDG

Well duh, I'm French. You should try it if given the chance.

do you have any diagnosed mental conditions?

Just add milk fam.

haa u r gay now

Why do people think there's more than two genders

thanks !

lol two genders? spot the faggot everyone

theres only 1 gender

This is actually an interesting concept because in china there is research suggesting that baseline intelligence values vary to differing degrees among the races. As In the variance between severely high intelligence, and severly low intelligence is greatest amongst caucasians. While, africans tend to steep more people to the low side of intelligence, their outlyers on the high side, tend to be on par or greater than the outliers in the white community. of course the study is biased towards asians, but there seems to be serious evidence that their baseline intelligence is statistically superior. once again though this is a chinese study.

Why did you waste your time studing subjective science?

i mean how could it not, its a place where people use the veil of anonymity to vent their true selves, we are visceral beings and part of me loves that

Did you major in Psychology because of your fear of being mad, OP?

What do you actually do, and if it's not at the more cog-sci end of things, then how does it feel to know that the incipient revolution in neurotech will make your career field obsolete in ten years?

Why am I so starved for attention, but am so quick to push people away?

Why do I have a foot fetish?

Well if one feels as though they do not fit within the normal guidelines of a specific gender type, it is only natural to feel as though there must be a special category for them. people who don't feel a sense of certainty in there life, or an ability to identify with a certainty have to create their own. It's like that kid in highschool who was convinced he wasnt human, he had to tell himself that so he could be free of the burden of "humanity", thus those who see several genders outside of genetic biology must create new genders, to feel as though they have some sort of moral footing.

How can I stop procrastinating? I have lots of things I want to do but no willpower to do it.

uhm no, not really. Do you mean like a fear of like general anger? or as in the internet sense of mad as salty?

Well that all depends on the root of your procrastination. indirection often stems from a root of either fear of succes, fear of failure, or just general lack of drive do to mood disorders. Or a combination of all three, what keeps you from doing things?

fucking acer notebooks

smoke some crack

I imagine because some part of you finds feet, aesthetically attractive. My personal theory is that since it is an area of the female body that only has become acceptable in the last lets say 70 years there is still some sense of wonderment and attraction in the male mind to a females feet. Only because the idea is relatively novel in current society, but that theory of mine extends to a lot of fetishes.

Because maybe you long for attention, but the attention you receive when you go looking for it is not the attention you truly need. What do you want attention for? validation, a sense of self, because you feel you have to get it?

panic disorder

Yes, yes to all three reasons. Which is why its especially confusing for me

It's not fear of success, at least I don't think I have that fear. In fact I want nothing more to be sucxessful.

I think it is more fear of failure, or fear of actually going through the hard process because the process to success is so hard.

I would say it is mood related insomuch as I'm happy to not pursue my dreams but at the same time hate myself for not being as proactive as I should.

I have direction but lack drive.

I wish I weren't this was but i am.

actually neurotech will replace psychology, probably in the next 25 years or so. But neuro scientists take our research and use it to help understand the brains involvement in emotional health. If psychology is the alchemy of neuroscience, that is just something we have to deal with. Those therapies are expensive while psycho-therapy will always be relatively affordable

How do you feel about Logotherapy?

Test that try to prove you mentaly ill are flawed, right?
I once made a sexual behaviour test for fun, answered everything honestly and apparently i am a pedophile and a rapist..
The test thought i must be a rapist because i answered every question normal, so that is a sign for me lying..

well accepting yourself for what you are and knowing this much about yourself are all invaluable. If you are happy to not pursue, but also you hate yourself for not pursuing. Maybe you can turn that in on itself. Maybe you can pursue what you want to do from the perspective of hating yourself for pursuing. Using that to eliminate expectations of success or even completing your atttempts, and use that as a drive to approach your life from a perspective of no failure. Once you eliminate an expectation you cannot be disappointed. Expect to try something new, and nothing else. Success and failure are relative terms, do not mistake personal for important.

where did you get the test?

Are things black and white to you?
Do you believe grey areas can exist ?
Do you believe the grass is greener on the other side ?

If you had the choice, which side of the fence would you be on, or would you just sit on the fence?

Friend of mine is a psychologist

It's a little more philosophical than scientific, but then again so is a lot of my field. I think it's on par with nature therapy, where it will effect those whom can identify with it. And those whom cannot will get very little from it. Therapy is such a delicate process, and is typically individualized. You can't just say one therapy is valid without invalidating contradictory therapies, and thats just a mind field.

Everything is a spectrum, so everything is always gonna be slightly grey. and we will always want what we dont have, because that is just in our nature. Perspective has more to do with which grass is greener, than the actual spectral properties of the grass itself.

depending on the test it can indicate the potential for "extreme" behaviors. This is only a potential or a remote possibility, if tests were effective, the american educational system wouldnt be so fucked now would it? The tests only give us an idea of what we're looking at, but it's not always right. Ive seen tests tell me that people were completely bat shit gonzo, but it just turned out their answers or understanding of the questions was atypical for no good reason.

Yeah that's what i thought..
Thanks

I shouldn't say I am happy to not pursue what I want, I guess it is more accurate to say I obtain a feeling of safety by not striving to do those things because I know it will be hard and don't want to take the risk and put myself out of my own comfort zone and try to attempt the things I want to achieve. This is what I hate about myself. It is like the procrastination side of me wins over the active side. I want the active side to win but the procrastinator within always trumps. And with these things I wish to do comes the expectation of success so I can't put that out of my mind because it is so important

Yes it is hard to let go of the feeling that success is important, this i too have struggled with. You need to be ok with saying I did my best, and if it wasnt good enough it was still my best. Holding yourself to the measure of your peers, will always lead to this sense of being less than perfect. You should know though that perfection in and of itself is a personality flaw, because it makes everyone around you feel like less. There is no such thing as perfection, or true success. The only measure of yourself that you truly need is Where you were, and where you are now. If you can see the value in your own efforts others value you will have no meaning. You may appreciate their value of you or you may reject it, you answerable only to yourself. If yourself is telling you, that you are unhappy with this mode of effort, then it is time for a newer mode.

But how can I be happy with saying I did my best if I didn't get what I've set my sights on? Won't that just put me in a worse position then I am in now? I should say that the things I want to do are career based and aren't affected by my peers, their opinions, or anyone's opinions for that matter. I don't want perfection, just satisfaction. But still there is something that holds me back, how can I find that what it is to propel me forward

I try to operate with the ideal that things will be worth it after i put in all the hard work, but it's hard to keep up that state of mind

I value animal life over human life. In fact I'm thinking of joining the military to satisfy the urge to end lives. Seems like a win-win, I help the country while fulfilling my needs and finally have an outlet. Would you advice me to go through with it and join the military for this purpose?

i love cuckold and ballbusting, is somthing wrong with me ?

why are you so inadequate as to seek reassurance about your intelligence from an anonymous board. Or is it some kind of superiority complex that makes you think you can find flaws in other peoples mental states by getting them to ask you questions because protip you fucking can't.

Can it, you fucking charlatan.

What is the most number of apples you have ever fit up your ass at once?

I had a good friend who OD a couple years ago. We used to hang out at museums and discuss the meaning behind some of the paintings they had on display, ever since her death I found myself talking to "her" like she's sitting next to me. I only get this urge when I see a picture or painting she would like on this site. Her death still bugs me to this day.

Not op

I don't think there is anything wrong with this user. It's your way of coping with her not being around, also it preserves her memory, maybe you are doing it so you won't forget her

what if i have EVERY cognitive distortion that exists and medication doesnt work? should i kill myself?

Wife is struggling with having miscarried at 9 weeks. She get shitty at everything I say or do. What do?

So I just came in contact with a girl I knew who dodged me last semester and is now the complete opposite. She was delighted to catch up and I asked for her number so we can do that today. My plan is to basically walk around, then take her to game room since I have morning and night classes and can't do much, plus I've many tough courses. I'll explain that to her midway and if she isn't okay with it, then oh well.
Forgot to mention that first I want to know her as a friend then slap on the relationship.

Am I thinking right?

In psychology as a science, is there at least one, single thing, that is always true? A tautology, some theorem that is undeniably always true?
Are there other tools than statistics for psychology research?

She was the only one I really opened up too in my life and I fed her addiction user I sold her OxyContin she had me believing that I was actually helping her addiction to dilaudids. I feel responsible.

What are your advices to letting out steam, to go from enraged to calm as quickly as possible? I've got some anger issues which, if not taken care quickly, may result in violence.

>In psychology as a science, is there at least one, single thing, that is always true?

I think therefore I am, thought is the basis of ones existence, without it one is nothing but a body.

>Are there other tools than statistics for psychology research?

animal studies, twin studies, studies on people with traumatic brain injuries

Literally nothing excites me anymore and I'm tired all the time. Is this shit depression?

Are you alright?

What's your highest qualification?

It's been fucking with me for years, I feel like I killed my only friend

This

Black because you're a cuck

How does it feel to have a degree in a non-field

I'm not OP.

The symptoms you are describing are often associated with depression of some sort so if it persists you might want to consult a local clinic (or whatever the word is in english).

However, there is usually more too it. The absolutely most common(in my country at least) cause for long term (>3months) common depression symptoms [lack of motivation, passiveness and emotional distancing and general tiredness] is a lack of D-vitamin (aka exposure to the sun). It's worth checking out at least.

Then you need to come to terms with what happened. Ultimately you had no control over what would happen and her actions we her own. You can't change the past so the best thing is to accept that happened and try to move on.

Would love an answe

what is monsanto ?

What are the chances that a sociopath can "cure" their personality disorder (the sociopath in question wants to change and has a psychoanalysts help) and what does the end result look like?

What are you?