Alcohol withdrawal/addiction vs Drugs (opiates) withdrawal/addiction?

Alcohol withdrawal/addiction vs Drugs (opiates) withdrawal/addiction?

no "that's why weed's better; no addiction...." post please;
let's discuss it
I think alcohol's worse.

Other urls found in this thread:

bluelight.org/vb/threads/302759-Opioid-Withdrawals-arent-lethal-I-BEG-TO-DIFFER-EX-ADDICTS-HELP-PLZ?s=2eee364ce8a9d06c9a7fb98f093f9001
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonidine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonazepam
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Opiates feel worse in my experience but alcohol or benzo wd can kill you

I've quit opiates cold turkey... I didn't sleep for 8 whole days. It was the worst. As far as alcoholism... I don't know how hard that is to quit because it's 8am and I have a drink

can't opiate wd kill you?

I don't think so. Just feels like it.

alcohol withdrawal lasts about 72 hours and makes you anxious, tense, unable to sleep

opiate withdrawal lasts about 96 hours and makes you hallucinate while you are in bed, sweat and soak the bedsheets, have visions of the devil

but alcohol withdrawal can actually kill a person

glad to read this much professionally explained answer. i am implying you answered me biased on your experiences. tell us something about you and drugs.

You obviously haven't experience either wd.

When i Iast came off a 2 year alcohol bender I was very close to death and experienced seizures, vomiting, hallucinations and stomach pains.

Opiate wd changes depending on the opiate or opioid you've been addicted to. Sure, Heroin could last only 96 hours, but I experienced a full week of physical symptoms followed by a month of panic attacks and anxiety.
Subutex, however, was way more difficult to kick. The symptoms are not as severe as heroin, but the physical symptoms such as pain in the legs and arms, nausea, difficulty sleeping more than a couple of hours a night lasted a full month for me.

I still wonder why Delirium tremens (Alcohol Delirium) is thing. lol, alcohol gives you effects of diphenhydramine and other deliriants.

Had an alcohol detox in a hospital 6 weeks ago. I hospitalized myself with 3,8 promille on a Thursday afternoon after 6 years of moderate to heavy drinking and 3 weeks of hardcore binge drinking. I was simply done with it.

Withdrawals weren't that bad since they gave my diazepam for two days.

But it's right, alcohol withdrawals can actually kill a man (source: my dad did through this).

Also AMA

Yeah, it's not that far from a datura trip.

How the hell did you not relapse during those 8 days? Don't say willpower because that'd be lying.

I work in a drug/alcohol detox center.

Opiate withdrawal can't kill you, it'll feel like shit but there are some pretty good drugs out there to bring you up to speed.Usually it's about 3 or 4 days of lying in bed taking meds and then you're up and running around.

Alcohol is about a week, there is a large seizure risk but under supervision the detox is safe. The acute withdrawals seem worse with alcohol, so the first couple weeks are pretty bad. After two weeks the post acute withdrawals are pretty much the same.

Any specific questions I can answer, will be on for the next half hour or so.

Fuck y'all I don't quit shit. Nobody quits the spike on purpose.

is it possible to get deliriant withdrawal? like you have abused diphenhydramine for years and years and then you suddenly stop.

and I meant about a week lying in bed with alcohol, you'll be up after a week but feeling like shit.

I'm going off severe abuse for both of these as well.

One thing I forgot to mention is that opiate withdrawal will feel painful physically, and that can take two weeks to a month to go away.

But weed is addictive.

Yeah, though I've never seen it. Generally abuse of things like that will come secondary to abuse of more mainline drugs (opiates, benzos, alcohol, amphetamines, cocaine, etc.) The worst I would expect is an anxiety spike and insomnia.

Those 3-4 days, week detox or whatever is the easy part. The hard part is resisting the lifetime long cravings.

This is true, that's why followup and lifestyle change is very important. I work at a 28 day facility, with a year long, step down outpatient program afterwards. Though there is a lot of preference in the industry for 90 day inpatient treatment nowadays.

19 y/o, been sober for two years after spending my summer in rehab at 17. AMA.

you involved in a 12 step program?

At the very best, maybe it can be psychologically addictive.

No one died from pot withdrawal.

Don't come on here posting dumb shit like that.

addictionsnursefag here
alcohol and benzo w/d can kill you.
opiate w/d sucks and you'd wish you were dead but you won't die from it.

What kills most opiate addicts is either getting detoxed then thinking they can go take as much shit as they once did and OD themselves or using shit that is cut with fentanyl or carfentanil.

Well op.... You know what they say:

"that's why weed's better; no addiction...."

depends. Methadone withdrawal can IIRC, but most won't

I have experienced withdrawal from alcohol benzos and heroin. I had shakes for 3 days and vicious hallucinations when I stopped drinking. Was a terrifying experience at times. Benzo withdrawal was harsh but opiate withdrawal is the worst. No sleep for 6 days or so. No break from the shitty symptoms just a long drawn out period of fuckawful. Been struggling with heroin for 20 years now

no one can die from opiate withdrawal either, but there will be noticeable physical effects if you don't use cannabis after a long period of abuse

What do you think your chances of relapsing are?

You could probably manage it now.

Uhh.... Wot.

Any advice to help dealing with alcohol withdrawal?

I'm currently drinking myself to sleep most days and trying to stop is a nightmare.

Yeah, from what I've heard alcohol/opiate/benzo withdrawal it a real motherfucker. Personally, I've only dealt with meth withdrawal, and as much as some people hype it up, the symptoms are a god damn cakewalk compared to most other drugs.

Go to an inpatient detox center. Don't detox alone.

i have always been told opiate withdrawals wont kill you directly but it seriously makes you think you are dying a slow death.

here's a good read about a guy that synthesized a super opiate that took him over.

bluelight.org/vb/threads/302759-Opioid-Withdrawals-arent-lethal-I-BEG-TO-DIFFER-EX-ADDICTS-HELP-PLZ?s=2eee364ce8a9d06c9a7fb98f093f9001

Share your drugs

the inpatient detox i went to treated alcoholics with
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonidine
and
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonazepam

Yes.
Slim to none. I've hooked up with a girl in her car while she was smoking bud. Parents/family also constantly drink around me, I have no urges.

alcohol w/d usually handled with some sort of benzo taper. librium is best if no liver dysfunction. clonidine is good for opiate wd as well.

Sugar. Out of your list though benzos are probably the worst followed by nicotine.

anyone know the feeling of being on pills and putting one more time on? best shit in the world

not sure if srs

alcohol just takes the will to man up and stop drinking.

heroin is one of the most physically addictive things on the planet. withdrawal can actually kill you.

Start a dosing regimen and cut down by some amount on a regular basis. Are you chronically addicted or dealing with something?

I'm an alcohol and it's destroying my family

I quit booze cold turkey about 4 months ago after drinking every day for the last 4 years like a 26 a night. I spent 2 weeks in bed, with cold sweats, constantly gagging and feeling nauseous even though I didn't eat anything. I could not even keep water down. I had weird dreams when I did manage to sleep or they were hallucinations o don't really know. I was constantly tired but couldn't sleep and it was the worst thing I've been through and yet I still want to get smashed right now and play Paper Mario but I can't because I'll probably puke blood again

>would not recommend

You could distance yourself a little until you get your shit together, and let your immediate family (wife/mom/whoever is in question) know why you are taking a bit of space suddenly so they know what's going on

Methadone withdrawal can kill you. If you do it correctly, and slowly taper off of it, it's safe. The problem is that most people who are on methadone are pretty much on their own as far as their recovery goes. So they just end up replacing their drug of choice with it (or using them together), until the clinic or doctor who's supposed to be monitoring them gets afraid of getting into legal trouble over it, and cuts them off suddenly.

Alcohol withdrawals suck but its manageable compared to opiates.

From my own research, cold turkey is worse for controlling your habit with alcohol than it is with opiates because you can ween yourself off more readily.

Opiate addiction involves neuro-inhibitors, methadone - drugs that cure cravings and supplement the dependency your body has for the drug.

You can get drugs that cure your craving for alcohol but you can also literally take a multivitamin and drink a lot of water and minimize the effects of alcohol withdrawal if you think you're capable of fighting the craving itself.

Because alcohol suppresses your glutamate, so your body pumps out more to keep homeostasis. Then when you take away the booze, your body still produces way too much glutamate. That's what can kill you. At the same time, your body has stopped making GABA because alcohol is a GABA agonist, so your body doesn't manufacture much.

Alcohol is fucked and the withdrawal can last years. Two years sober and still having issues.

If you've puked blood and were an alcohol, you should see a doctor. You could have varices in your esophagus from liver damage.

Get it checked.

72 hours, kek. I can sweat and puke for a week when im out of money. also i had to go trough a detox at the hospital a couple of years ago, i was in the emergency ward for 5 days before i could drink water on my own, delirium tremens, it can kill you.

No general drug thread, so asking here.
Anyone ever had green acab mdma pills? Portrayed to be 290mg a piece.

american pols get piles of loot from pharma boys,americans by millions get devilish pain from fibro skeletal/ joint pain,stress & so on,dope,= alcky hall,pot, oxycontin may yield
some,none, or work well,temporarily,booze gets processed by the bod @ 1 oz/hr,through the kidneys,it affects the brain,,from front to back & down,into areas that regulate crucial autonomic cns functions,hooch has complex
molecules,oils, that are stored in fat,affecting hormones, to much greater extent in juveniles & their already raging hormones. ccs of millions of people drinky a couple or a few beers every day,they do so for years,leave them be,healthcare needs to,moderate the expense of college medical school,back off on expenses perqs administrative salaries,,let alt medicine people & perfessers have a piece of healthcare pie,state supported universtities blow money out the wazoo,leaving money to support low bidding pharma people to run investigational new druga & medications ,which they advertise to reach the commuting proletariat on L trains and buses.,the other end comes 4 years later after side effects cause loss of life limbs brains and wankies,whose class action lawsuits filed by attorneys end up on free tv & cable too.

I had to babysit my little brother through opiate withdrawl after he went on a 3 year bender. Anyone who has witnessed opiate withdrawl (and what ever else he was addicted to at the time) will tell you that at some point you will consider mercy killing them just to make them stop screaming in pain

>abuse

Get a load of this guy haha

yeah alcohol is worse cus it's available everywhere and everyone is doing it

alcohol withdrawal is dangerous and potentially lethal depending on how heavy a user your are. Seizures and hallucinations are possible. Opiate withdrawal makes you feel like the flu, no dangerous though unless you became extremely dehydrated from vomiting/diarrhea. I have no pity for the whiny cunts withdrawing on opiates I treat in the ED.

benzo withdrawals are by far the fucking worst user

what about Amphetamine withdrawals? how do they compare to Opiates, Benzos, and Alcohol?