Sup Cred Forums, can anyone suggest me a good musical conservatory? Preferably in Europe...

Sup Cred Forums, can anyone suggest me a good musical conservatory? Preferably in Europe. I have the Tilburg Fontys University as a primary option, but I need plan B and C in case I don`t get accepted. It is important to note that I won`t be graduating a musical high school. Pic related.

A what gender of music do you seek?

Probably Jazz or Classical, I don`t really mind, I`m a metal drummer but I want to expand and also learn music theory and improve as a composer with melodic instruments too.

And what is your first language.
Also, are you sure that university is what you are looking for? Its kinda huge commitment. Lot of time and work into usefull practicing but also a lot of time into less usefull. Isnt it better to pay for private lessons and pick knowledge and skills you want and practice and compose what feels more right for you? I have been thinking about this stuff a lot lately and so far, It seems better being on you own. On the other hands, musical uni is great base for interesting collaborations.

That aply only if money is not the issue. If its "parents will pay my expenses if I study on school but not when Iam on my own" its kind of nobrainer...

Don't do it. This is you from the future. Almost all musicians are impossible to work with and you'll end up living with your parents, broke af with no gf, huge debt and a useless degree.

If you haven't learned music theory, wait until you're at grade 6 then enter Uni
Uni isn't the be all and end all for your profession, just dont be a cunt

I have to get out of bitch ass Bulgaria, I can`t make it here in any way, also I am genuinely interested in what I will learn. I live in a very small town (population aprox. 3000). No musicians here, I`ve been on my own for so long I want to meet other musicians and profesionals. Parents will pay. Regarding language, I`m gonna get IELTS certificate later this year.

>Almost all musicians are impossible to work with and you'll end up living with your parents, broke af with no gf, huge debt and a useless degree.

This is what peons tells themselfes. It helps them digest that they will do some bullshit work they hate and wait for retirement their whole life. (spoiler alert: You will most probably die shortly after that).
Doing whot you love is awesome, and if you are not a dense motherfucker, you can make a decent money with music today. If you are dumb as a fuck, you are doomed in any field anyway..

I thought a conservatory was a glass room on the back of your house

Gotta point out that I`m really stoked about learning the business side of things too

Reasonable enought. Dont go to classical if you are into composing and todays music. In most classical unis there is strict separation of players and composers. Go somewhere where you will learn improvisations as well (mostly jazz colleges) and you can actually learn something you will find usefull. Classic will disgust you after a while if you dont love it.

yeah, but not a "musical" conservatory

That`s sounds resonable, I was looking more into jazz but I`m afraid it`s hard as fuck and I won`t make it

So can anyone suggest an Uni I can look into?

Basically, you have two ways. You can look amazing for people that wants to learn your instrument, make a small studio and offer a lessons.
Or you can look amazing for people in music business and get paid gigs. Second one is kind of hard without musical uni, because you need to know people from business and uni is nice shortcut (if something that takes 5 fucking years of your life can be called shortcut).

Ideal is combination of both.

Also, at the beginning you can do low profile but paid gigs - weddings etc..

I heard that JAMU in Brno is pretty decent for jazz. Also, lot of people who actually make living by gigs there, so its good oportunity. They have a department of jazz interpretation when you can study jazz drums. But admission test can be pretty hard. Only handfull of people adisset every year.

I`m interested in meeting all the people in uni, professionals mainly. I`m actualy passionate about this, I`m not doing this because I gotta go to uni or to delay becoming an independent adult and it`s not just about the end result to me. the big question: will I make it or not. I`m interested in the process of making it, gaining all the knowledge, meet other dudes like me, get into business and show all the people involved how passionate I am. I didn`t mean to sound all "motivational" but this is how it is, I have nothing else.

Hey, Iam not juding you. I know the struggle. Iam making living by music right now (i startet with it only 2years ago) and it was my teenage dreem and meaning of life (and I guess it still is). I understand the urge to making it in the musical world.
I mean it bit different when I ask if uni isnt just a waste of time. For "making it" you need to put extreme amount of work and time into it. And uni takes that from you and not allways use it wise. Going to uni, having lessons and gigs at the same time can take all of your time with no more time to practice what you want.

I can always quit right?

and what will they teach me that is so unnecesarry, idk something I won`t be at least slightly interested in. Also in music you can always translate things. If they teach me a jazz thing it doesn`t mean I can`t apply that to my metal drumming