What would give me the best boost in performance?

What would give me the best boost in performance?

I have a i3 CPU and a HD 7750 GPU and $300 to spend

What do bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

techreport.com/review/27436/the-ssd-endurance-experiment-two-freaking-petabytes/4
ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-i5-3570-3-4-GHz-Quad-Core-Processor-SR0T7-Tested-Perfect-/282120095720?hash=item41afab07e8:g:8-kAAOSwZVlXn7hN
cheesespin.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get a better cpu

Do you have a solid state drive yet?

get a better CPU lmao
i would go with an Intel Core i5 6600K since it will gave you almost the same performance as an I7 in most games

What gen i3? If you wanna play vidya get a better Graphics card. You can probably pick up a used 970, 480x or something equivalent for around 200-250$ if you search around. If you want your computer to boot up and "feel" faster grab an SSD and put your OS and most frequently used programs on the SSD.

If you still have some left over cash, grab a better CPU. Don't bother with the i7s, in almost all cases the performance gain is negligible for 95% of people.

>falling for the meme
it will cost $700 and break in 2 years anyway, plus a 2TB seagate HDD is like $150

see the I5 is cheaper and gives about the same as an I7 anyway if he wants to go for a new CPU

Grab a 256gb samsung ssd they are pretty cheap atm

I've had a 500gb ssd for 4 years now and it's amazing.

why do you fags think an SSD is a good idea at all?
they break in like 2 or 3 years and all it does is give you faster disk access which 90% of the time does not matter since programs load the important shit into RAM

Falling for the bait

Are you seriously this retarded? The average SSD can write over 660 TB before failing. SSDs with more advanced flash will last over 2 Petabytes of write cycles.

techreport.com/review/27436/the-ssd-endurance-experiment-two-freaking-petabytes/4

never bothered trying to use one because if you write to them a lot (which i will end up doing) they just break at twice the speed of a normal HDD
also they cost much more and have less storage space than HDDs, the only real plus is that boot times are faster but i don't really care about boot time so it doesn't even apply to me lol
all around they seem like a stupid idea to me

Thats a myth friend. See

Get a prostitute

660 TB isn't much when you consider use over 2 or 3 years user
2 petabytes is more like it but something that can last that long will cost about $700 and have about 500GB to 1TB space lol
also i don't see a point since all it really does is increase the speed you can read things from the disk at, which overall isn't a big deal.

You can grab a decent 512 GB SSD for around 300$ USD.
enjoy being in the stone age user

Does it use the same socket as i3? I have no idea about this stuff

not sure you would need to check

google a program called Speccy and install it
then post a screenshot from that program.
We can help you further from there.

>implying HDDs are outdated
nigger they still have 1TB on any SSD out right now and like i said the only good thing about SSDs is increased disk read/write
now what would you rather a small 512GB SSD that goes fast
or a 2TB HDD that can store all the shit you want on it

Anything else you need let me know

>implying you can't have an SSD for your OS and main programs plus an HDD for mass storage
stay simple friend.

I7-3770K or a 1060

not everyone wants to spend $400 on storage

or you can upgrade your mobo and cpu and ram but it's be a bit more over 400

You have a Socket 1155 board. The mobo is a gigabyte brand board model H61MA_D3V. You can grab an i5 3570 for around 130-150$ USD. A quick ebay search will reveal this

ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-i5-3570-3-4-GHz-Quad-Core-Processor-SR0T7-Tested-Perfect-/282120095720?hash=item41afab07e8:g:8-kAAOSwZVlXn7hN

As for your video card, before i can recommend one I need to know what kind of video games you play. Triple A titles? Indy games? casual games? give me some examples.

You prob need new motherboard and gpu and ram , i would recommend i5-6600k :)

>ever turning off your pc

I only play wc3

He has 300$.
Enjoy the electricity bill and excess heat

Have you considered buying more RAM?

Have you considered buying more RAM yet?

Yes. 16 GB.

I'd like to play some recent AAA titles, Skyrim (with no ENB) and the witcher 2 is about the limit to what my PC can handle. I'd love to give more recent games a shot

I don't need graphics on high or even medium, as long as I can get a consistent 60fps I'm good

Then grab an Nvidia GTX 1060 or a radeon RX 470. That will be more than enough to handle your games. Your CPU shouldn't bottle neck you too much. You might also need a better power supply so look for a decent brand name 500 Watt PSU. That should be it user. If you still have some money left over consider getting some more RAM. 8 GB is the ideal number, anything over that is pointless for most users.

This isn't me. I only play war craft 3.

I only have $300.

Boot times are faster. Quality SSDs are a luxury item for now, so you are right about practicality.

You could have a RAID array of magnetic drives that is more reliable and costs less for something similar with SSDs, but if you can afford it and money's not an issue, SSD's are better

SSDs are not all the same. The quality ones are prohibitably expensive for most people, so they go cheap and it's the cheap memory that doesn't last as long. If you're going SSD to go cheap, you're doing it wrong.

see this The 470 and 1060 are more than capable of playing those games at 60 fps @ 1080p with medium settings. You could even mix in some high settings but you might need a slightly faster CPU since both of those games rely heavily on the CPU.

you can get a 470 or a 1060 for around 220 USD new and around 150 used. Shop around for the best deal, use kijiji, craigslist and google. Good luck.

You should probably consider buying more RAM.

Fair enough. RAID can always be used for speed but I prefer having redundancy so RAID 0 is usually not an option.

You're all fucking retards not asking an obvious question.

OP, what's your i3 model?

And, don't follow these retards advice, the most performance gain will be achieved with a new GPU. Most of the games on market don't give a flying fuck about CPU anyway.

Your PSU can even be a decent 300W (assuming you'll buy a 1060), and it can run an OCed i5 6600k with no problems at all.

1060. you don't need better cpu

learn to read you mouth breather
see

only i7 can do this
cheesespin.net/

>overclocking on a 300W CPU
Thats pushing it especially with a 150W GPU.

Buy an oz. Of dope ass weed with that 300 bucks, envite over a couple of buddies and quit perpetuating you beta fag existance.
Now you might just blow me off, but 300 buck into a 4 y/o rig wont help you in the long haul. You can still play most games on med to high at 1080p with that setup! But homie, throwing money at an older rig wont save it! Ddr4 is getting cheeper every day, AMD is finaly getting hyperthreading, m.2 drives are finnaly geting afordable, and cases are getting smaller by the hour!
To sum it up, save your cash!! Save for another 6-8 months and build a fresh rig after the CES price drop. You can get your 1440p uw monitor and a fresh fucking build that will be well worth your money!