Why did you fags tell me to install Linux?

Why did you fags tell me to install Linux?

I got Mint and it sucks ass, Skype for Linux is shit, looks basic as fuck.

My webcam didn't even have sound, I had to manually find and install the drivers for it, because Linux is incapable of looking for fucking drivers by itself.

Installing my motherboards drivers was even more of a hassle.

Wine sucks.

To play Windows native games I had to install some shitty emulator type thing.

I hate Linux.

Gone back to Windows.

Fuck you assholes.

You gay fucking Down syndrome ass mother fucker

K

>mint

>had the opportunity to learn something
>prefers spoonfeeding
Im not surprised you went back to windows if you only started using linux because someone told you to.

Cool story, bro. Have you heard of Cred Forums? Or maybe /k/(ys)?

>spoonfeeding

No, I could figure out how to do everything, but why, why would you want everything to be such a long ass process of DIY?

gnu/linux is not for a retarded peoples

Enjoy your shitty no-support, bullshit ass long way to do everything that Windows does without you asking.

which is why it's not for those who actually understand their machines.

and win10 look way better than your gay shit

like spying you asshole

I understand my machine just fine, I just don't see the point in having to do so any things manually when you shouldn't have to.

Spying lol, anybody spying on me is in for a boring time. I'm not really into doing anything worth spying on on my PC.

Then you don't understant

Why the fuck did you use mint you jerkoff? Try a live cd first. Start with TAILS.

Seriously, wtf is your problem? If you don't work for pussy, you don't get pussy. Go use windows, it's like a bbc for your ass. Get linux if you like a cumslut who never says no.

>anybody spying on me is in for a boring time
>so when something bad happening, start to crying about, like everyone else that use this crap

Why would I use anything Linux, can't even get DX12 to work and didn't seem to want to let me install my Oculus Rift

why would you take advice from Cred Forums?

I don't understand why it doesn't have an automated driver detector, no.

see, YOU shouldn't use anything linux. because you're retarded

m8, write them drivers yo-self. It's what linux was made for.

You listened to that whore when she said no. Typical beta.

It's not just Cred Forums really, I've seen a lot of people mention it.

i've always had a good time with linux. maybe you were buying an orange expecting a banana, and then you got pissed when the banana didn't taste like an orange. if you wanted an orange the whole time why would you buy a banana based on other people saying they like bananas?

To be honest, if your rig is for gaming, and it sounds like it is, you don't really want a Linux distro anyway, Windows will always rule the market for gaming.

it's your fault the only research you did going into it was googling "linux" and installing the first thing you saw

you should get a mac. dont ever have to worry about drivers, everything looks and feels great.

No, I looked in to a few distros, redhat, fedora, arch, kali... I went with Mint after reading quite a bit about it. Went with the latest version. It's like a shitty windows 10 that doesn't work properly.

Becaus it's a trap

Shut up

so you read quite a bit about it and didn't ever come across any information about how the OS actually works? especially pertaining to drivers?

sounds like what you're saying you did and what you actually did are two different things

From what I read, it should have detected hardware drivers when I first installed the OS, but it didn't, not a single damn one.

Im glad someone else reached the same conclusion I did.

OP read 1 article and installed it.

Did you build the PC, or did you just buy an off the shelf peice of shit?

Built it

it's funny because most people that switch to linux are too stupid for windows.

"waaaa i'm too dumb to turn of auto updates. how dare windows update waaaaaaa"

do you really need to ask that based off of the thread so far?

>cortana still on taskbar
>edge still on taskbar
>speccy xbox and wow

so much cringe even for an obvious Cred Forumstard

THIS NIGGA HAS ADS!

Linux is not, nor has it ever claimed to be, a drop-in replacement for any OS. Linux is another way to look at computing, with appreciation for the way that things work, the choice for how they work, and the opportunity to change it. Linux is the way you describe entirely on purpose. It is never to make things hard, but to keep you in total control. If I sent you a driver for your webcam, you know how to install it in Linux. If I sent you a windows driver to try, your OS would snort at it and turn up its nose unless I made a step-by-step "wizard" for you to follow.

The learning curve is steep, but like learning to use a toolbox tool by tool, the possibilities grow exponentially. Yes, other OSs can get you from where you are to where you want to be in a simpler way for you, but not only do you get no choice in how it does it, you learn only how to get that result and nothing more. If Linux is a quadbike, Windows is a tram. With a quadbike, you need to learn the directions. You need to be skillful in it's operation, and practice what you have learned, but can ultimately get anywhere you choose. You get on the tram, you get off the tram. Someone chooses when, someone chooses how fast, someone else is responsible if it breaks down, and you are simply subject to these things.

I fell for the bait I guess, but I had a good time typing.

Kek

Cortana is minimized, I use it for quick access to certain things.

Edge is so I can use two browsers at one when I need to

Speccy is a good program

nothing wrong with linking my xbox

what's wrong with wow?

No. Just fucking with him till he asks a real question. He needs to keep windows in a virtual machine till he can get a grip on linux. Or give up like a pussy, but i don't think he's ready for that.

>not using thread watcher
>claims to be technically literate

kys

>mint
>not gentoo
are you even trying?

well said. i've always enjoyed the freedom of linux. when you have the freedom to make mistakes, you learn how to not make mistakes.

>what's wrong with my neckbeard skiddie loadout

Not a thing

I'll never be ready, I love Windows, fuck Linux, Bill Gates would kick Linus Torvalds ass, and then I'd suck Gates off for being awesome.

ITT: a win-cuck fails to leave the cuck-nest and tries to blame anything other than himself. Pretty sad, actually.

Know that feel!

Linux is the biggest piece of shit.

why use linux? you can't even sync an iphone to it

stop saying cuck. you clearly don't know what it means and it makes you look stupid.

other than that, i agree. OP is pretty sad.

>Edge is so I can use two browsers at one when I need to
Learn to use chrome... Fucking profiles and incognito.

I’d just like to interject for moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

I'm convinced OP is trolling, considering his build and certain things he's said, I'm pretty sure he's fishing.

I like to listen to headphones so it isn't a problem.

>an iphone

I am using chrome dumbass, check the pic lol. Sometimes I log in to 2 browsers so I can have 2 facebook accounts open at the same time so I can send myself chips on Zynga poker

i think most of us are using the term linux colloquially but this is a good piece of information

really? i prefer to listen to music, but to each his own.

Yeah because Gates knows all about software, like when he stole DOS. I mean all Linus does is piss people off with the years of work actually coding like a real person.

The only thing inherently windows 10 on that image is your shitty taskbar which is easily emulated in linux
The rest is a wallpaper and a chrome theme.

oh god this has to be bait now.

you went too far OP. nobody plays Zynga poker

Linux is for losers and geeks. It's only decent for purpose built servers.

>losers and geeks are the only people who care about how things work

Well then you won't like the IPhone. The only way you can listen to your music on the go is with incredibly unreliable Bluetooth.

Bait? Why, yes. Bait.

>losers and geeks are the only people who care about how things work

Yeah, and that's why I like Windows, it works better, it doesn't make me do all the shit that IT should do for me. You think you're a hacker because your backwards OS is open source? Fuck off.

Since the beginning of time.

They have Speccy for linux?

or you could use the wired headphones through the LIGHTNING port.

stay cucked, linuxfag

I don't mind windows, like I don't mind working with dudes. But I like to come home to some pussy.

>proprietary headphones
>stay cucked

>only uses computer for video games and other pointless normie shit that only works on windows
>installs a linux distro
>complains

zipfiness checks out, this is legit

hindsight is 30/30, was a bit premature on that comment, it flatlined near the end, partially legit pasta

>
and coding, but Unity for Linux is dog shit

Zynga poker.
My sides

To get your webcam mic to work on Skype in Windows:

Go to recording devices, select webcam - Done.

To get your webcam mic to work on Skype in Linux:

Click on the "Recording" tab. This tab shows the applications that are capturing audio in that very moment, so it will probably be empty.
Start skype then call the Echo / Sound Test Service (or anyone you like who will answer)
When the other party answers, Skype begins capturing audio and will be shown in the "Recording" tab of the pulseaudio volume control window
From the "Input from" drop down list, select your webcamClick on the "Recording" tab. This tab shows the applications that are capturing audio in that very moment, so it will probably be empty.
Start skype then call the Echo / Sound Test Service (or anyone you like who will answer)
When the other party answers, Skype begins capturing audio and will be shown in the "Recording" tab of the pulseaudio volume control window
From the "Input from" drop down list, select your webcamClick on the "Recording" tab. This tab shows the applications that are capturing audio in that very moment, so it will probably be empty.
From the "Input from" drop down list, select your webcam

Linux is overly complicated unnecessarily

>coding
if you're just writing HTML, stick to your macbook

Because people who like Linux are a lot like religious fanatics. Sometimes they can seem to make sense but deep down inside they are brain dead idiots.

what the fuck is wrong with HTML? it's 80-90% of the WWW

But I'm so cool because I learn new stuff.

you've never surfed the web, asshole?

this is a stretch, but i think he was >implying that if you're just writing HTML, a markup language so easy a monkey could use, you have no reason to go out of your way to install linux, not figure out how to use it, and then complain on Cred Forums

and i agree
go back to your macbook and make more HTML and javascript in a starbucks somewhere

what? all of the best HTML interpreters are linux only. do you even computer?

OP tired out an airplane when what was really needed was a bicycle. But yea, its the damn airplane's fault for being a plane and not a bike.

>HTML interpreter
browsers?

Still *nix.

Why you faggots fail at reading is just nothing short of spectacular.

If you know what your doing, any *nix box is fun, useful and stable. Furthermore you actually learn something every fucking time.

But if your a general user who doesn't know the difference between his ass and a kernel, it's best you stick with windows. Theres just no point cause ull have to undo every lie windows taught you. Also, there's basically no fun factor when it comes to games. Basically, OP, just go get a tablet cause that's all you're actually capable of using anyways.

And as for you *nix/linux/Mac apple penguin cocksucker mother fuckers: congratulations: you know what gnu is. No need to be so fucking full of yourselves over it. Both of your fagget ass platforms (Mac and *nix/gnu) came from the same place and they are BOTH equally fucking useless because of your fucked up elitism. Macs are worse cause I can't even use them as a decent service.

But the fact that they don't apply to so many things is what takes the cake.

Winfagz: can u make a decent nas with winblows? A stable embedded platform that isn't stuck at win Ce 6.0 for decades? How bout any network service that will never fail? Nope.

Macfagz can u use anything besides office and Photoshop and Web apps? Nope. You guys are deep in apple ass for usefulness outside of your sense of self righteousness.

Linux fags can u honestly give me one single reason why Linux should be in the work environment with a kvm, like in front of a secretary? Nope you can't. Why? Cause you can't support it and ull have no time if you do.

So fuck off with this Trinity bullshit argument. You don't buy a pocket car to. tow with and you don't use a bulldozer to go get milk. And you sure as fuck don't use a bicycle to ride in the snow.

But for some reason people wanna argue this.

/thread

Windows is a jet with surround sound and 4K plasmas, Linux is a rusty old helicopter with a blade missing

windows and mint are both like bicycles with training wheels.

browsers are just for looking at web sites, not interpreting HTML.

>Pleb tries to use Linux

Kekeroni

I didn't try to, I did, it sucks

Im out. I cant handle this shit anymore

i love you.

OP is a faggot

Linux, Unix, BSD, and similar OSes aren't about ease of access and use. They're about power and control. Learning how your computer works and equipping to tools necessary to get what you need done.

Windows IS about ease of access and use. There's no shame in it. As a network technician I feel handicapped without a good Unix based laptop in my hands but I still come home to a Windows gaming rig.

Mac is unix with training wheels that costs WAY to fucking much.

That's the broad over view and the discussing the details tends to just devolve into dick measuring.

>mint
What will be the next step, Jewbuntu? Install Gentoo you degenerate faggot

Fuck off, Stallman.

Mint is decent and well supported.

Linux is good if you really like programming or information science. If you don't like either of those, then it's your fault for listening to Cred Forums.

Now you know. That's why Windows 10 does whatever it wants. Because there is no alternatives.

I'm having trouble discerning who is trolling or not in this thread now.

Gnome 3.X bro

Your browser looks like dogshit, like some old outdated shit from 2005.

Linux isn't for everybody, the point of linux is customization and that it's free

It's not free, it comes with the heavy price of everybody thinking you're a giant faggot.

Use Discord you piece of shit.

Or Windows 7, Linux is shit for games.

Fuck Op how stupid are you. It's Mint one of the easiest to use. If you can't make mint work how do you even computer? Never seen an issue with mint.

Windows 7 doesn't support DX12 why the fuck would I use Windows 7 for games

Didn't say I couldn't get it to work... Learn to read

>runs better
>not microshaft winblows

And what do you use? BSD? Sound like a BSD lad.

stay with windows normie

it does... the kernel loads all the needed driver modules automatically.

It loads some** Not all, it's ineffective as a motherfucker