Hey Cred Forums sorta computer illiterate I just got a new SSD and I want to move my OS to my SSD and boot from it...

Hey Cred Forums sorta computer illiterate I just got a new SSD and I want to move my OS to my SSD and boot from it, but i don't know the steps to take to do this. Do i need to completely remove Windows from the my HDD if so how or what do i need to do this successfully remove it and get this SSD configured properly.

Other urls found in this thread:

samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools.html
kingston.com/us/ssd/consumer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remove windows from my HDD* grammar just kind of flew out the window there my bad.

>>>>>>>G

You think i didn't try Cred Forums first...

any help?

samsung has a disk utility for this

look it up on their website

samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools.html

DIckwaffle.

It is best just to do a fresh install. If you copy from a magnetic hard drive to a ssd. you will sacrifice speed in the process.

I kind of just had a pic of a samsung SSD, i currently have a Kingston SSD

kingston.com/us/ssd/consumer

Seconding this notion.

u can either transfer ur whole HDD contents to SSD (using software, google) or reinstall windows on the new SSD

to reinstall windows just get the windows 10 install from their site and tell it to download it to a USB drive. then put in the usb drive and it should boot from that and tell it where to install windows 10.

if it doesnt boot from the USB drive u need to tell the bios to pick removable drives as the first boot option or tell it directly to boot, the keys are del or esc at the boot-up screen.

>you will sacrifice speed in the process
how?

seriously OP use the fucking software that came with your SSD you faggot

it has everything you need

Look up minitool partition wizard.

Backup your data and install a fresh copy of Windows on the ssd

Migrating an OS always causes issues

>>you will sacrifice speed in the process how?
If the drive is fragmented; it will copy that way to the SSD. it will take longer to find files.
A fresh install will eliminate this problem. Any data rot present will also copy to the SSD.

delete system32

retards Cred Forums is not tech support you dumb niggers

>implying that actually does anything after Windows 7

always do a clean install of windows on a new drive

well this will force OP to do a clean install so this is actually a good idea