Looks like I'm moving to Springfield. Anyone have any noobie tips?

Looks like I'm moving to Springfield. Anyone have any noobie tips?

Specifically.... places in town to go, places in town not to go, where the night scene is, apartments or good places to live... or maybe what's cool outside of Springfield.

Springfield is kind of a dump. I live in Decatur which is an all out jungle but you should be cool

Don't go to Shelbyville

Beware of niggers

Watch "The Simpsons", you'll be prepared.

Kill yourself. You won't have a good time.

Decatur is a shit pile. You may want to consider moving to Springfield.

The Springfield from the Simpsons was actually named after Springfield Oregon. But thanks I'll keep that in mind.

Are these places north, south..?

So what do you guys do for fun then? Doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of nightlife..?

Place closes by 8:30 pm. Government town. But, some good places to eat.

Wait, you're kidding me... surely there's a downtown scene of some kind? I mean even Santa Fe has something of a downtown, despite most places closing at 10 and being full of old people.

There are plenty of bars. But, weekdays are dead. Weekends aren't bad. But city nightlife isn't anything to get excited about.

What are the seasons like?

I moved from Springfield to Jacksonville and let me tell you I'd love to go back. West side of town is where it's all, try to avoid the eastime and north especially at night. Good luck OP

>666
I'd love to hear more from you about this... thanks for the help.

Man, housing is cheap in Illinois! I'm looking at luxury apartments for the same price of my simple connected townhome.

You're going to be cold. Expect a shitty town. Go to Head West.

Don't move to springfield.
Don't move to illinois.
It's shit.
The entire state is shit. Aurora has good mexican food, but the rest is shit.

I'm actually fond of cold weather. Is there any snowboarding / snowsports nearby?

Have to. Thankfully I'll only be there for a year+.

ayyyye you from aurora?

Definitely want to avoid Springfield. Aurora's my hometown, they do have good Mexican food and it's fucking humid in the summer and cold as fuck in the winter.

Even Chicago is a no-go because niggers.

I'm cool with black folk and I don't really have a choice, Springfield it is.

The westside of town aint bad besides a few areas by west dide i mean to west of MacArthur. The east side is full of niggers. The northend is full of white trash for which the term NEWT (north end white trash) was made. Dont move into chatham only 3 out of the like 30some cops can b considered people. Other than that it anit a bad place to live as on user said go to HeadWest also get a horseshoe from Darcies Pint the best in town. There r the bars downtown other than that but not really a club scene. Btw if u go downtown b aware that the Stationhouse its the town gay bar but the serving saff is about the best cause gays r friendly.