What is your definition of being successful in life?

What is your definition of being successful in life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6cUho6LlI1o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

getting married. having children. and having your friends and family there when you're old.

Fucking your mom and sister at the same time.

Having as much control over my time as possible.

Time is the only true currency. The only thing of true value. No matter how "good" your life may be, it's not your life if you can't choose how to live most of the moments in it.

That's why I left my job as a doctor and started an entertainment business. Because fuck money if it means I have to be a slave to the clinic or hospital.

Today I may have some money troubles and live pretty humbly, but god damn do I have total control over my life! No regrets.

Being able to buy a house in the woods where i can live alone and grow my own food

Sounds like you're putting most of the responsibility for your happiness in other people. People tend to have their own ideas about what they should do, think, and feel. Chances are, many of the people in your life aren't going to play nice with your carefully laid plans.

Doing whatever I want without having to check my credit card balance.

Finding love, getting married, live out rest of live with love. Get a good job first, though. Get through college, graduate from high school.

I have not completed any of these goals.

crushing my enemies. Seeing them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Not posting on Cred Forums like you fucking losers.

then why did you post faggot?

Oops, fail.

/thread

Being happy and content with how your life went while on your deathbed.

You're definitely gonna live a sad life.

sounds like, you have absolutely no clue what is inside my head you fucking liberal cuntard

fuck the haters -- this.

Nice job dude.

goals. have them.

to accomplish a goal that would be above any normal man

but unfortunately for myself, that will not be possible now. sucks too, would have been great if I had the chance to see it through

> entertainment business

... sounds like a promising doctor who threw away a career to throw parties and do drugs

so you could work for 3 months and make more in a year than you do now and then have 9 months to fuck around?
makes more sense to me.

Except for the part you typed out for us here, which I was responding to...

>threw away a career to throw parties and do drugs
yeah and it was probably the right call

Your goals are shit. Getting married is a waste of time and stressful, and so are kids. Everything you say is so traditional and banal. Be more lively, user.

>What is your definition of being successful in life?
I asked what their definition is, if that's what they want they why hinder them fr it?

Being happy and content I guess. What other point could there be? Other than to reproduce.

be practical, if you don't have kids when your old your going to be alone.

My personal goals in life is to not think "Damn, I should've done something more in my life" while im in my deathbed. So, I suppose it's about having fun and taking risks. You are your own happiness. Never EVER expect anyone else to make YOU happy.

live independently and with integrity.

so far so good.

>you fucking liberal cuntard

I'm sure you'll marry a lovely woman and raise your kids to be as wise and joyful as you are.

You don't know how jobs work.

What else is Cred Forums for?

Not at all. Hate parties. Hate all drugs other than alcohol.

"Entertainment" was being vague, because the exact business doesn't matter. Just showing a contrast was the point.

>threw away a career

Well, yeah. That's what you do with trash. You throw it away. "Career" is a myth and a trap, used to control people into living boxed in little lives according to the wishes of their masters.

i want to go to space

Smoke loads of weed

trips confirm it

To earn enough to cover all mine and my family's needs, and some of our wants.

To have all our wants fulfilled would leave nothing to achieve, and without fulfilling needs, life is brutal and short.

It's taken my wife and I until 40 to get here, but we have done it.

Um, no. No I could not have. That's not how jobs work.

This.

Chill out faggot lmao you got so defensive like you know your pathetic goals in life are just that

Blag

Lol. Wonderful mentality.

>"Dada, why did you make me?"

>"So that I'd have someone to wipe my bum and pay my bills and make me not want to blow my brains out from boredom in old age."

My ban has been lifted! It was Permaban what happened!

Congratulations! Your life goal has been granted!

It's all downhill and shitty from here, so enjoy! :D

That is painfully true and yet liberating.
I hope you have had and continue to have a good life, user.

Not really you'll see me on the news soon give it one week

this isnt relevant to the thread but i just walked 2 miles to the store for beer and just got back and wow that was annoying and i felt like a nigger.

seeing memes I created get posted by other anons

people have family so they are not alone in this world. didn't know i was being edgy by pointing that out.

I have a 24 pack of negra modelo in my fridge

i love you all for caring enough about my thoughts to reply. good luck in your lives.

Ending it happy

GL back at u Dr.DJ dude.
at least if someone ODs at your shows you can help em out

success.

what is success? is it achieving financial security? is it living and working with something you love? is it finding happiness? is it dying knowing you have left behind something great? or maybe its owning your own business or sailing across an ocean. purpose success is just finding ones purpose?

success is a tricky word as it is extremely subjective. the definition is pretty straightforward but can change dramatically between cultures and peoples.

to me success is a mixture of it all but more importantly, success is living your life the way you want to live it. of course a balance needs to be met since we dont all live in a fairy tale world where dreams come true. success needs to be earned. it needs to be balanced between love and work. not everyone will make it in the music industry, not every will be the most brilliant scientist.

success is when you find a balance between what makes you happy, and what makes you a living. success is when one's existential anxiety is finally quieted and they stop questioning life.

so not many of you are interested in accomplishing a goal that would require several exceptional capabilities, one worth achieving for whatever life you have at your disposal?

Hey, atleast youre right.

Staving off an inevitable death for as long as possible, and finding a reason (or several) that makes it all worthwhile.

Being interested in achieving something is not the same as getting oneself to do it.

Those two are in fact worlds apart.

Everyone can dream

success is when one is proud even if they are not #1 but this is no excuse to be okay with third place.
to be successful one must truly believe they did there best and at the end of the day accept what theyve accomplished. one must not compare themselves to a one a billion genius nor must they look down on the billions of less fortunate. success is being humble and honest with not only everyone around them but with themselves.

Everyone wants one thing in the end, to live in content regardless of the goal.

Op asked what success meant to us. He never said what our personal goals are. Mine is to become a psychiatrist and live in a city, probably seattle, and maybe even become a CEO of a company. Who knows?

>blah blah blah
>generic crap
>inner peace

if you read it ud see i included a lot more than simple inner peace.
makin bank and winning are also in there.

what else do you need?
wheres your definition at?

Why would one make bank and win if it does not grant you inner peace?

We are slaves to making bank and winning because of our nervous system and its rollercoaster

mine here
eh you know im just takin the piss outa ya, got nothing better to do after all.

being a one in a billion genius, or 'the best' at something is a nice goal... but that's it -- once you've achieved 'the best' - what then?
you've succeeded, game over?

nope. success in life is always having something to strive/work for, while being proud or rewarded for past achievements.

if all you want is the accolades of being the best, or saving the world, or what ever... I hope you someday grow past the insecurity and praise-seeking.
that or you are a kardashian...

my nigga

Took fuckin 8 posts
You guys are getting sloppy

>

youtube.com/watch?v=6cUho6LlI1o

Being not a douche.

Not having to waste your time on things that don't matter to you, by that measure hardly anyone has had a successful life since the industrial revolution we have been slaves to society and the bullshit we have to do to live in it. The ancient roman empire even when it was in decline had a tax rate that was minimal at best. Today the tax rate is 20% or over in the united states and what you pay for is basically a tax to stay a villain/serf for the rest of your life until your 60 and useless. You cant escape it easily because escaping it costs money but anyone you know with lots of money has escaped it which means there is a small chance you can to.

>Not having to waste your time on things that don't matter to you
yeah lets spend half the day gathering food and supplies so we don't die this winter, i mean im fuckin 30 years old, an old man by now!
fuck the industrial revolution man. luddites 4 lyfe

Life is slavery. Even if your the wealthiest man or the poorest slave.

Your a slave to your own brain and the pleasure/relief it seeks.
Life is an irritation, an itch that lasts for a while.

you have time but you choose to waste it here, as 4ch gives you some information that you want (reward) but makes you waste a lot of time for it (control). exchanging one form of control for another.

so you were a medic you say? The society should be pissed off about investing in you,as now you are not returning the investment

getting money

You have to spend your time somewhere, if you wish to have it that is.

Theres a difference between binge-channing and the occasional browse.

As long as you didn't buy a few single 24oz cans you're good.

yeah what the fuck else am i going to do between speed crashes?

>yeah lets spend half the day gathering food and supplies so we don't die

Weird i didn't know the Amish had to go through such a thing, that's horrible

Hahah, i feel you man.
Got some white rite here

Luckily been able to stay carefull with dat shit

I would rather be a slave to my own mind than the slave of someone else is my point i know freedom is an illusion we are all slaves to nature

amish use cheap steel tools and all kinds of tech not available pre ind rev.

You are slave to other people because you are a slave to yourself.

Not going to lie, I didn't think the thread would last this long when I started it.

Escaping the war with a small ranch in Argentina

One thing. People in your life that love you. So most of us already are successful. We just listen to all the noise too much.

there are also multiple forms of control, too, not all of them seem like control per se, but they are control none the less.

just doing mostly what you want, this does not mean being successful. being successful means having your peers acknowledgement on the things you do, as the human being is a social being. this will hunt you down the road at some point