Is it illegal to record an asylum interview without notifying the officers / authorities?

is it illegal to record an asylum interview without notifying the officers / authorities?

did you or are you going to?

going to.

its never illegal to record your own conversations.

doubt that

bumping

simple google:
>Federal law permits recording telephone calls and in-person conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties. See 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d). This is called a "one-party consent" law. Under a one-party consent law, you can record a phone call or conversation so long as you are a party to the conversation.

basically it comes down to a disability thing, some people rely on recordings for memory.

I'm in German tho, and the interview will take place in France.

US laws don't work here

It's legal, but I'm not sure what's illegal about what you do with it (which is where the real problem is).

ahh well i have no idea how shit works in your backward country.
better safe than sorry though, record it and don't tell anyone. worse case you can't use it in a court or as evidence.

Basically if you plan to submit it to anywhere you'd need written consent from the other party, but otherwise completely legal to record.

let's say at the beginning of the interview they tell me to turn my phone off, I say I did but record anyways, it won't mean shit, right?

and basically just keeping to myself, not gonna send it to anyone.

Are you the one being interviewed? And what is the purpose of the interview?

just bring a recorder in with you. they are like $15. but yeah, phone probably works too unless they hold it for you.

Where did you come from?

We have a lot of problems because tons of people abuse the refugee crisis to come as "economic" refugees.
Just asking. If you're fleeing from war, you're welcome.

I'm seeking asylum.
can't get a recorder, and my phone recorder is pretty shitty, only records when it detects a loud enough sound and by the time it does you basically hear the end of a sentence.
and good phone recorder apps?

I'm Russian, protected by the army and seeking asylum in France today, not war but a fucked up situation nonetheless.

cant get a recorder? dont they have electronics stores in france? pawn shops? flea markets?

not in a situation to waste money, barely enough for a month and without a premissions to work I'm fucked.

Well good luck rusbro. Hope everything will work out fine.

>protected
autocorrect, meant persecuted.

Yeah already assumed that

thanks man, hope everything turns out well.

pretend your somalian and come to mnpls, mn.
russians are alright with me.