Tell me something about first steps of stopping drinking

tell me something about first steps of stopping drinking.
write based on your own experiences; any tips?
have been drinking vodka three times a day for an 1.5 years.

bump

how the fuck does one become addicted do alcohol? other drugs, i understand, but alcohol? shit, the day after getting drunk i can't even drink water, let alone start on alcohol again. i understand that after a while you have to drink it to function properly, but how's the first week? or first month? how do you enjoy it so much that you ignore the hangover and start drinking again then next day?

You just sound like another pussy to me. Rather be dead then sober.

implying alcohol isn't way much more addictive than all of the opiates in sum.
dude, its withdrawal can kill you.

i bet there's not a single human walking on earth's surface who loves getting high more than i.
i just feel i need to make a pause.

If you're that worried then you should seek help in sources other than some random Cred Forumstard. This is your life and your happiness we're talking about. Plenty of free resources online and in-person meetings if your life is important enough to you

i feel free on b.

magari yleobaa daleva dzma sheeshvi girchevnia

But how much vodka do you actually drink per day? Me, 2 years of 6-12 beers a day. Drank 5 litres last night so bad hangover and considering not drinking tonight.

Fuck quitting. Alcohol is too good.

>vodka three times a day for an 1.5 years

>i'm also addicted to the pot, i smoke it like a cigarette everyday

Underage newfag who doesn't know about alcoholism detected

First step is admitting you are powerless. And you cannot manage your own life.

ჰაჰაჰაჰაჰა

author of this post isn't op.

Hang in there user. I'm trying to stop myself. Same problem. I've found that quitting the vodka and drinking 3-5 beers to take the edge off a few days and then quit. Still dont feel great. Cold sweats for a couple days and then u in the clear. Good luck OP. Hang in there.

i would drink with you
thank you user, you rule.

Hangover goes away once you a pro. That or like me lately u wake up foggy. Hard to explain. Hopefully not still drunk but the entire day just seems fake and uncomfortable.

careful there buddy. cold sweats is the beginning of DT's. if you're getting to that point check into a hospital to detox. might end up dying

Dealing with this too. I used to go through 2 or 3 bottles of 101 or 120 proof whiskey a week plus a fuck ton of beers.

The trick is to wean yourself off of it slowly. You probably won't be able to quit cold turkey and doing that can have some adverse health affects.

I started by cutting out 1 bottle a week but still drinking a lot of beers.

Now I still drink the whiskey but 1 bottle will last me about a month so I've begun limiting my beer intake.

Another important thing to remember is do your best not to let a stressful situation ruin your progress, or at least not for more than a couple nights.

Good luck OP.

Until u quit looking foward to it and need it to calm the shakes and not feel sick...

I took Chantix to quit smoking. It made me want to quit drinking too. It actually worked faster on the drinking. After taking it a few days, having a drink didn't do anything for me, and I actually had trouble forcing myself to even finish my drink. It didn't make me sick, albeit Chantix will make you sick if you take it on an empty stomach, but I just didn't get any sort of pleasure or satisfaction from drinking anything. I loved the taste of whiskey, but with Chantix even that was unsatisfying.

>inb4 Chantix isn't for anything but nicotine

No, it's affect on drinking, as well as nicotine, is well documented clinically. For me it seemed to work way better on the drinking. To this day I still can barely stand the taste of alcohol.

Lol, hopefully mountain dew user. Good luck out there in this sea of faggotry.

Finish current drink than put away bottle

>quitting
You poor soul

Lol, yeah. But i've quit about 5 times in the last few months. Been a real shitty year and i need to knock ot off but honestly would rather just go to sleep and not wake up. Figured the booze would do ot, but if i can chig a handle and wake up without a hangover i guess thats not the answer.

vodka for life

>2 or 3 bottles of 101 or 120 proof whiskey
do you mean percentage of alcohol pre drink?
if so, how 101 or 120 % drink exists? isn't 100% logically limit of anything?

"proof' is roughly half of the %
100 proof = 50%

Lol I can't even drink one night a month, how do you manage

The proof is equal to half the alcohol in the drink so 101 is 50% and 120 is 60%.

pic related

What a pussy. There is no "steps." Just take ownership of ur life.

A half pint every 2-3 days for me. its a bitch

now i understand. i am from Tbilisi, Georgia, country of wine; producing by far the best wine on the earth. wiki Chacha. It's national homemade drink which is made by almost anything but mostly fruit. its proof varies from 40 to 50. I wish i could invite you on chacha.
you'd never regret

I drink 1-2 rums most days it really depends how much you're drinking though, like three vodka drinks or three bottles of vodka?

>wine
>georgia
AHAAHAHAHAHAHAH
Pisspoor country always in denial about their true worth, which perfectly explain why they stay pisspoor.
>india 2020 superpowaaaa

fuck you, you indian dirty ugly homoass tumblrboy. busters like you leave your poor reddit country for medical university of Georgia.
that's why uni's full of dirty cunts like you.

>how the fuck does one become addicted do alcohol

For me it began with my fiancee dumping me with no explanation, or apology, nothing, and it ended with watching my mom wither away and die from cancer shortly afterwards. I even got to make the decision to pull her life support in the end. I drank myself into a coma every night. I'd drank socially for years prior. I loved the taste of whiskey, and it never made me sick or hung over. Once I started hitting the bottle hard, it did make me feel like shit the next morning, in the very beginning, but it was nothing that a shot or two of whiskey couldn't cure. Then I started snorting coke heavily too. Nothing goes with a shot of whiskey like a line or two of coke. And that was pretty much it.

I managed to get that shit under control in my own somehow. Giving up the coke was the easiest part of it. I just substitute it for speed. Then I noticed that speed made me feel like a fucking god, but alcohol kinda killed it. So I quit drinking and just did speed. Speed was more controllable though. I didn't crave it like the whiskey and coke, and could manage doing it every few days instead of daily. Over time I did it less and less. I'm not sure I'd recommend this approach to anyone though. It may have just been a total fluke, and I just got lucky. I do believe that speed saved my life though.