I fix, fill, and collect from acrade machines for a living ask me anything

I fix, fill, and collect from acrade machines for a living ask me anything

How do win on the claw machine, Mr.Maintenance man?

Worst thing you've ever seen?

They are actually set on voltages. The claw strength is atleast. It will normally switch between two volts all depends on who sets it. If there are enough fails the claw will go full 50 volts and give a win.

Has it ever gotten you laid?

Youve probably seen a game called a key master. Basically its just a "oh you can win a knock off tablet" someone broke the front glass of one and tried stealing the shit in it. Mind you the highest product is a 60 dollar tablet.

thank you!

Yep, gave a milfs kid a minion she threw me her number we met for drinks and hung out while her kid was at a friends house.

Bump

do you keep some of the things and sold them?

Is there a way to manually give the machine more volts from the outside?

You're a fucking legend OP.

Nah, i have a log for the actual prize products. Stuffed animals and shit i give to my cousins and nephews tho

No, dont believe any videos of people "hacking" these claw games because the maintenance guy hooked them up i do it from time to time.

Do all machines use similar locks and if so could you post the dimensions of the keys or at least post a pic of the key or keys?

Op here My favorite part is when people keep dumping quarters into my machines even tho they dont take quarters. The machine will reject them but people try their damndest to get these quarters in here. Whatever free lunch.

how does one get a job working on coin-ops when i cannot even find a single coin-op if i try

do you have/want Sunset Riders? That's my favorite cab all time

I wish arcades still existed outside of stupid hipster bars. Arcades were for kids and teens, not sad adults reliving their childhood like me

how many kids have you fucked?

Nah most companies (if not all) will make sure their locks dont match most the time. Most arcade techs including myself carry a large key ring(ignore the blue thing its for my work truck they have a gps in it)

I love you OP, no homo

None just their moms

They use ibuttons? Nice, I was on the development team for one wire many moons ago.

Go to your local theaters (dave and busters if you have one) most theaters have an arcade look on the machine for a sticker or a plaque the company who maintains it (not the company manufacturer) will have something on their to call them incase a game break. Look them up online or give them a call. I got into it because i was going to school for electrical engineering and my guidance counselor told me about the opening.

Don't lie, the blue key is for your Segway.

I wish a segway would be helpful walking through these malls with fuck tons of bags filled with stuffed animals and my tool box

How's the pay and what are the hours like?

14/hr and full time. On a slow period like now with kids back in school i avg 37 an hours per week say vacation and summer i rack near 50 hours and ot is 21 an hour

OP any legit hacks to machines for us to win

Why doesn't the claw just let you win every time then? The point is making money, right!?!

Smells like criminiggedry to me

None, any glitches or "hacks" the machine has is 9 times outta 10 has been patched by a techs jerry-rigging or the manufacturer sending something out.

Most plushies have a certain dollar value we cant just give every last play a win. We would lose money fast.

seconding this

give us tips n shit, op

Is your job low stress?

>none
>9/10
Pick one liarfag.

Most the time yeah but if something goes wrong and i have to leave a Machine down while a part is being shipped to me we start to lose money and thats when my manager starts to get pissed.

Brute Force
>Source: I read the whole thread

Correct

Bump

Let me ask you all something. Whats your favorite arcade games? Any stories from when you used to go and dump quarters into these machines?

Won an I pod touch and on a separate time a pair of headphones from stack-it machines, I love them but I hate when it forces a fail at the top.

Dont call claw machines arcades. Theyre the cancer that destorys arcades

this shit so fucking much

I played on one of these when I was in the alps skiing and it literally stopped untop, stacked like it was supposed to, then move a step further after a slight delay

I was so fucking pissed for the remainer of the trip home

Bamp