Why do people hate on this show i almost didnt watch it cause i bought into the hate

Why do people hate on this show i almost didnt watch it cause i bought into the hate

I thought it was great.

I thought it was great too.

you really dont have to be an anarchist to enjoy this show, its a masterpiece

greatest kino of the past 30 fuckin years cunt

I work in IT and this show was not wroten by someone who knows computers. Made it through the first season and it was written fine but every time he touched a computer, it was like watching a graphics designer do their job over a database expert.

>wroten

did you watch it anyway then OP?

The first season was literally the plot of fight club redone for tv
The second season is actually p good tho

Season 2 has been incredible. I'm falling into the camp that the big reveal tomorrow night is going to be time travel/parallel dimensions.

No, that improper english. It would be just wrote

Favorite show on tv right now. The score and cinematography are incredible for a television show.

Second this, not very original

i love it cause of the views of the wall street people

who cares

no youre an idiot. all the computer stuff is factual. i.e. raspberry pi is a real exploit

It's the entire premis of the show. It's like saying the the terminator would have been the same without a machine sent from the future to destroy a target.

really? i feel exactly the opposite. this show has great reviews everywhere and its the most overrated garbage i couldnt get through the first season because i was cringing too hard

So you are telling me that when a server gets a virus that it will connect to one server at a time instead of all servers on a network? I don't think you understand security systems

>factual
You mean probable.
There are roots in what they do doing hardware, and software wise, but many of the commands they type, simply will not net them the results they get from it.

Its entertainment, thats all

>..and the show was not written by someone..."

he wrote(current tense)
it was written(past tense)

thanks for the heads up mr ITT tech big boi. I'm sure your degree gets you that dank pussy.

Since the season I am talking about is the first season. It's past tense, thus written

Oh so now it's not factual? Thought so

>"raspberry pi is a real exploit"
haha, doesn't fucking mean anything..
ITT: see picture

You wouldnt want an exploit that would broadcast to the entire subnet. nmap'ing the entire network would throw out burst logs(atleast in the security systems i maintain)
No it would not go the drama suspense they did, but leaking from one system to the other is better then raising alarms that all 50 of your servers just got a rogue icmp packet burst

I don't know enough about computers but I thought they made an earnest attempt at being as factual as possible in regards to all things computers.
They were practically begging the audience to accept their purported computer knowledge in their barrage of advertisements.
so so so they were lies-?!!?

omg this so much

It's more about a physics profesor claiming the time travel shouldn't work that way and he can't enjoy the film because of that.

It's a fucking show meant to entertain, you nerd, not a goddamn tutorial...

Basically this. They use buzz words to make it seem probable but never believe anything you see on TV. It's a work of fiction and should be enjoyed and judged as fiction.

Yeah, they do try to make everything shown on computer screens believable and correct.. but most of the stuff is rather dumb and pretty much rely on social engineering.. I don't know how stupid people are in States but they act like they can hack anyone in 10 minutes, while all their victims are imbeciles.
But still, I do watch the serie and I think it's fine.. all the hacking stuff is secondary to the actual story.

This show is made for the edgy faggots that browse B. Basically everyone in this thread.

That dude is the creepiest faggot in existence

Yeah no shit, that's why he pointed it out.

I didn't ever say it was a bad show. Not sure where you got that. Its just a big side part of the show that has to do with coding looks like it was done in Flash

Except first season is past tense

i don't know if you're trolling or in the wrong industry

I refuse to watch it because the whole "we r legunn" anonymous thing was always cringe worthy to me, and that seems to be the audience it panders towards.

> implying any person with half a brain would simultaneously send out multiple payloads instead of minimising usage and chances of detection

you don't work in IT, you're probably an indian telephone scammer

This show put an entire 22 minute long fake episode of a 90's sitcom into a larger episode of its own.

Sam Esmail is Lynch and Kubrick's secret love child and I want to fuck his mouth.

That's exactly what they would do. But in the second episode, they had a one by one senerio with a visual of the virus' download.

you don't get it do you

They make the people who follow that dogma cringey weaklings in the show (i.e. all the losers running around the street after the hack). The show is pretty self-aware about that group of basement dwellers. It's not really the focus of the show. I would give the first episode a try because I thought the same thing until I saw it.

You haven't watched the show. What you are saying is the correct way. What the show did was download as fast as possible to each server in a row instead of bits at a time to each server.

I don't know, I saw a scene where he "frees people of their student loan debt", and I got the feeling this was some occupy-circlejerk. Am I wrong in that assumption?

heartbleed

Kinda, first season was basicly Fight Club but instead of fighting it's hacking, and instead of a club it's an old arcade.

>kino
kraut detected

seriouly how the fuck can they have a whole season without him

IM A HACKZ0R 1337 ROFL

Yeah a little bit. I don't want to spoil anything, but the idealism of his intentions goes out the window once he sees the reality of his results. I know that sounds vague, but it basically comes down to "wtf have I done?" Also, there are alot of different complicated intertwining storylines that involve different themes and ideas. The hack is only one component. Also, the cinematography is phenomenal for a tv show. I would at least give the first episode a shot like I said. I almost passed up on it initially, too. Alot of great twists if you go in without any knowledge of them.

His wife ouch
Also into ropes

Personally I really like the Fight Club references. The show alludes to and borrows from a lot of other good psychological thrillers and I think that only really enhances my appreciation for it. Season 2 has been good, albeit quite slow at times. Really crossing my fingers that they don't make Tyrell a permanent alter ego like Mr. Robot, but I have a bad feeling they will.

He's back now though. However, the tyrell in the last episode is mr. robot. I guarantee it. Listen to the way he speaks: nothing like himself, entirely like mr robot. The real tyrell is still alive and locked up in that secret spot (which I think is the CTO's apartment but idk).

>the cinematography is phenomenal for a tv show
not really, at least compared to series like True Detective and Fargo.. Stranger Things
We've had some spectacular TV lately

im on episode 11 and he not here

I don't entirely disagree with you. I think those shows have a more traditional film cinematography. Mr. Robot takes alot more risks with it's angles (use of corners), claustrophobic tightness, and deep focus. Makes if feel very Lynchian like Twin Peaks.

End of episode. Eliot is going to meet him in the taxi just watch.

Not going to happen. Just wait.

I hope you're right but there's just been too much foreshadowing for it not to happen at least with the Tyrell in the taxicab like said. I hope he's alive just so that Tyrell can't become an alter ego, but with the ruthlessness that they've been axing people this season and the way Esmail likes to fuck with our expectations, I really think Mr. Robot might have been telling the truth about him being dead.

Who cares, plot is only one element of a show. Might as well read a book if all you value is plot

But they don't though? multiple times in the show they say it takes hours to hack. they show different ways of them getting passwords psychically and through the web. What do you want? Sit there and watch someone typing for a few hours? Shit man you're actually retarded. Go to an internet cafe if that's want you wanna do

That's another thing, the show has to take creative liabilities with how it translates what's happening on the computer to a visual format that will work from a narrative structure point of view.

You need loading bars and progress feedback, because you have to be able to pace the show correctly and sometimes that conflicts with how it would actually happen.

If you ever pull out a stopwatch when a clock appears in a movie, especially a countdown timer, it almost never syncs up, because you often need a different amount of playback time to convey information, build suspense, and create a sense of space.

No, because it isn't really glorifying the results. Season 2 makes it pretty clear that their plan was childish and not well thought out beyond execution

no it doesn't.. mrRobot has a plan that we don't even know yet.
[see image:]

>"psychically"
>" if that's want you wanna do"

>calls other people retarded

name a more realistic show when it comes to computer stuff
there you go, its basically factual compared to anything else ever on TV

I agree with the fucking with expectations bit. But I think that lends credence to what I'm proposing since in episode 11, the first thing Elliot does when he meets "tyrell" is pointing out his unreliability. Pretty meta which is cool too. I'm definitely hoping for the same thing as you though.

Mr Robot and Elliot are both insane though and that has been made pretty clear, he might be the protagonist, but you aren't supposed to see him or his actions as being justified

You are just along for the journey and he is showing you his world

This.

The dialogue about computer matters is so rudimentary and poorly delivered that I couldn't make it through the pilot.

Hopefully whatever expert they hired to supply the right verbs and nouns didn't have to watch it being filmed.

False dichotomy spotted.

Just because he can't provide a television show that is better with programming, does not mean that Mr Robot is doing a good job.

That being said I love the show and I will keep watching it.

You should check out the time travel/parallel universe theories. I honestly think that's what is going on at the plant. I already made peace with it, but if they reveal it tomorrow night, everyone's going to go apeshit. Don't know if they will because I don't know if the plant is phase 2 (don't think so) or whiterose's endgame (think this).

just game from the last episode about 2 mins ago and froom the way that tranny talking it sounds like she want to create the matrix

Your comment is like saying Stalin and Mao were nice dictators because I found a worse one in Hitler.

...by squat pissing on the graves of her enemies.

if this show only goes crazy scifi fuck it im out

tfw they make my BD WONG mr. smart psychiatrist from law and order SVU a tranny

Don't forget his parts in Jurassic Park/World and Oz.

Yeah it's either advanced AI (singularity) or this . All the back to the future and general time references. Alot of people have written extensively on it with tons of proof to back it up.

Raspberry pi is not an exploit, it's a rudimentary computer meant for teaching children

that was 2 episodes ago...

when she was talking to the blond

I enjoyed the hell out of the first season.

And the twist mid-season in season 2 that shows where he was really at surprised me.

Mao was pretty chill tho. The majority of people he ordered to be killed were from the losing side of a civil war and had no intention of peace.

The bulk of his death count was incompetentcy, not cruelty

They've been leaving tons of breadcrumbs from the start (way too many to list here). I don't think it's going to be crazy, wacky sci-fi, but I do think that is the ultimate goal at the plant (even though it is a work in progress). If you see all the hints that they've snuck in since the beginning of season 1, it makes perfect sense. That's the only way I was able to find acceptance with it (they also made meta references to the audience accepting the time travel plot with the Seinfeld conversations with leon).

The point, you not getting it.

I REALLY hope all the parallel universe and time travel stuff are just metaphors to help with character development. The show is good and complex enough without having to deal with the hell that is time travel paradoxes. To make Whiterose some sort of interdimensional traveler just sort of cheapens the show and the consequences of the characters' decisions for me.

Because you're a faggot with shit taste.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but what do you think is more important to whiterose than trillions of dollars (i.e. what do you think whiterose's endgame is)?

Is the AI/singularity theory better in your eyes? Like I said, I've just been able to find some acceptance in it in case it's true since it was setup for so long.

or a Cred Forums fag

Time, particularly limitless amounts of it. I'm not sure how she's trying to achieve that or if it's even her actual endgame, but that's the only thing I can think of which leads me to...
the singularity holds more water and would certainly be more palatable than the cliche time travel shit. Some sort of nuclear-powered computing facility that becomes a singularity would also make sense in terms of Whiterose's interest in time and how limited it is. I just have no idea why it would have to be so far away in Washington instead of some other country

Silicon Valley
Halt and Catch Fire

The plant is in new jersey (washington township). Also, really good point on the location; I hadn't thought of that. If it is indeed time travel/parallel universe generator/AI singularity, why the need to create a research facility at a nuclear power plant in nj, and not back in China or some random country in bumfuck nowhere that lacks spying eyes. Sheeeiit great point.

Silicon Valley 10/10

Still watching Halt, but goddamn is it dull and repetitive. I'm trying to hold out but my interest has been dissipating over the seasons. Which sucks too since Lee Pace has been underutilized at Joe.

This shows cancer.

I met a girl that watched this and was a huge conspiracy theorist from it.

I met this chick ina diploma of Networking in IT after i left school.

She only started the study so she could learn 2 "hack"

So either this shows purely retarded. Or the fanbase is

>Silicon Valley
In Silicon Valley they deleted a huge database on a remote server by holding down delete on a client that was downloading those files

for real bro?

same reason people hate on anything popular.

"hurr durr, it's popular but i'm so cool and unique and edgy because i don't like things that other people like. look what a unique snowflake i am because i only like things people have never heard of. once something i like becomes popular, then i don't like it anymore, because then i'm just one in a crowd and i don't feel unique and special anymore."

i dont get the black army are they a freelance hacker group for the highest payer or part of the china they make no sense

Not 100% realistic but more like the tech world than fight club the TV show

This is right. Programmer here and SIlicon Valley paints our lifestyle pretty good.

>diploma of Networking in IT

Have you considered the fact that you may be retarded as well?

Fight club did it so nobody can ever do it again or they're thieves

I don't watch the show because it tries too hard to be edgy though. It makes me cringe because it reminds me of how I acted as a teenager.

>or the fanbase is
Come on user. You've seen Plenty of fanbases to know that ALL fanbases are complete clusters of retardation.

think about it. Try to imagine a fanbase that isn't full of autists and retards.

The show actually have some realistic elements regarding hacking. But no one is learning that shit in comp. engineering classes

>they had numbers and letters on the screen
>you just don't know what they are coding.

Truth..

It's fucking amazing. Better than Breaking Bad in my opinion. I didn't even know people hated it

I like this show, it's very realistic. I computer hackers or people interested in computers should watch it every time.

I watch every episode as soon as it comes out and I make 6 figures a year doing computer stuff for a big company.

I'm pretty sure they're a "freelancer evil" hacker group on the surface to everyone but actually run by the Illuminati Chinese dude.

Just had the recyled garbage feeling that they are trying to fill a time slot. So what better to do than tweak a once good movie into a show. Then add current events and presto. You have a new big hit tv show. Point is, to some people, originality is important. I personally don't want to watch the Kardashian/real world on repeat for the rest of my life.

this. I like mr robot a great deal...but it's a fucking television show. I watch it once a week, maybe spend 20 minutes tops talking to friends/ posting online about theories while the season is going on just for some kicks. The end. After this Wednesday (and the aftermath), I probably won't give the show a second thought until a teaser comes around next spring.

Yeah it's the only thing that really doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe because the US is relatively easy to pay off to skirt regulations, but if that was the case, why not somewhere where there weren't any regulations in the first place? Maybe the US is the only place with the sufficient technology and lax ENOUGH regulation? I'm just spitballing here, I really don't know

omg this so much! Mr Robot is such a copycat of the Kardashians. So right like omg

Maybe because it was a mistake that wasn't meant to happen they cant recreate what they did but they can keep ot alive

I think it's either that the location has a specific significance (ex the wormhole can only be opened at these coordinates = washington township, nj) or they are siphoning off the nuclear plant power as needed for the device they created (i.e. they needed to use an established nuclear power facility - building one from the ground up takes decades, regulations, money - all shit you can't really do in bumfuck nowhere due to the unavailability of materials). I really don't know either. I trust Esmail knows what he's doing. Unlike disappointment of the century Lost, the show feels very methodical and does not meander without purpose.

These are both plausible but I think they're better fit for the time travel/parallel universe theory which seems more unlikely than something else like the singularity theory. There was something else floating around about a nuclear computer capable of destroying cryptography which would render eCoin and bitcoin useless so that also sounds like the sort of ultra-idealistic "world without money" situation that might be pleasing to Whiterose

More like 24, csi cyber, arrow, and person of interest meets anonymous/fight club

It's gay as fuck with that bart simpson resembling sandnigger autist who speaks like he's on a kilo of diazepam.

His character is addicted to morphine, so yeah it makes sense he talks like that. Good job talking shit about a show you obviously didn't watch 10 minutes of.

topfaggot

God I wish I had a kilo of diazepam

i watched enough to realize it was a gay fight club rip off for faggots who think buttcoin references are enough to hold their interest.

It's just me or the last 3 episodes were boring as fuck?

omg me too. Like you I can't stand shows like mr robot that push the gay agenda. I'm more of a dark and twisted type of guy who's into most of the intelligent shows on the CW (except for supergirl ofcourse). So happy someone else on here gets it.

Agree

>everyone arguing about JUST the technology there is so much more going on the show about society, corporations, the government, international affairs, etc.

adorable tumbler tier satire is adorable. you can stop giggling now.

Like I'll admit, the occupy speech and the fuck god soliloquy were a bit edgy, but I think there are a lot of legitimate social critiques to the show that aren't being done in such a pushy sort of way

fight club knock off, i mean there are way too many plot holes. And the hacking is just nonsensical, i mean it takes at least x10 times longer than anything they have on their screens.

Inb4 drop outs judge Yale graduates work

>-writing and such

Yeah....I'm assuming you don't use terminal? sigh smh I want to laugh but I just feel bad for you.

Which plot holes specifically? It's sort of a weak defense, but this IS on network television man, you can't really expect 100% authentic hacking in a show that's also meant to be entertaining and somewhat widely-appealing

i dont use a terminal? are you fucking kidding me? are you serious right now? Really???? you think thats the problem?

shut up mordecai, no one likes your subversive drivel.

>smh

Nigger.

i mean the whole pre-break down with mister robot, i get it in fight club, the guy was suposed to be fucked up from the start to others, but not in this one

>plot holes
>not depicting technical aspects accurately

You're too stupid to even ask me what you want to know. Sad.

Yes I do. If you really understood the nature and protocol heuritics of terminal through and through, yeah, I think you would have a better understanding of where the speed comes from in the show lol. Stop embarrassing yourself and pick up a book, please, for all of our sake.

You mean like in the cemetery? I think there were a lot of signs before that (like his constant absence and indecisiveness, morphine withdrawals, etc.)
I guess the misunderstanding we're having here is that I think the hacking features are more of a tool to move the plot rather than major plot points directly related to the characters' stories, motivations, actions, etc.

>Nigga bruteforces a password in 15 seconds
do i need to say more?

nah i mean he argues with mr robot in front of other people, they should notice. i mean it was interesting to watch, but the ending of first season just fucked it up for me big time

Why compare everything to everything like eating lobster sucks compared to sucking dick one might say but why say it? So i won't try lobster? I hate people like you

Ok, so if you were in control we should just sit there watching him go at it for ~30 minutes or so. Yeah....I don't think so lol.

You failed to fail. Kill yourself hard

well at least show his mug being suddenly empty or some shit. now all these fucking hax0rs are going to start PWNING fucking library wifis

You got baited.

i dare you to admit that you like reddit at well.

Ah I just took those as sort of internal conflicts that nobody else could hear, but that's starting to change now in the second season. It doesn't seem that strange to me what with all of the awkwardly long pauses that all the characters seem to do in every conversation they have (looking at YOU, Angela)

What he's saying is that using a concealed Rasp Pi connected to the network can be used as a hidden entry point.

>niga bruteforce password in 15sec

Niga put all engineered info about the victim (date of birth, dog, known aliases n shit) into a neat little generator. Similiar to dictionary attack but only using known combos. Likely got lucky but it could have been 3sec if real lucky

Slightly agree goddamnit

It's an user wet dream.

lucky with everyfuckingbody ? Have you tried to bruteforce anything ? on a fucking laptop?

This is bait

Coming from the guy who doesn't understand terminal....

He literally beats his own ass in a coffee shop. PEOPLE NOTICE

Are you retarded?

Are you fbi ? No i dont because getting illegal access to any network is against the law you fakin h4xor. Even if its primitive WEP, even if wps is on, even if the router has default logins,

/thread

Because people are idiots. It's a cinematic wet dream to watch from a cinematography and editing perspective, and the story/acting is on point. Only faggots whine about something this good.

>on point
get a load of this faggot. you niggers make me sick.

only UNEDUCATED and utterly fucking DIM-WITTED faggots don't like Mr Robots. Fucking Imbeciles can't understand it because they wipe their ass with their own hand. Bunch of faggots

/thread

especially agree with the cinematography aspect (deep focus, corner framing, claustrophobic intimacy).

this episode was soo good

all this is to fool you into thinking this cat turd is a tootsie roll.

>only the uneducated dislike mr robot
Don't you mean the reverse? The story line isn't anything new.
>Talented youth shows company what he's worth and get a offered a job.
The premise isn't anything new or exciting either
>youth funds secret society of anonymous and wants to join to take down credit companies (fight club)
Then let's get into the main point about his computer skills.
>let's stop virus from uploading to servers and has a program that shows the same packet download on each terminal trying to get to the domain controller.
If you have any computer knowledge, the show clearly had a digital artist whip this together over something function like powershell, netmon, or fucking even command prompt. Nope flashy lights and gizmos everywhere. Its like the equivilant of when csi zooms in on a license plate and it's more clear than the original picture. Just ruins the show.

Its literally fightclub but with less light and strung out by miles.

I'm assuming you've never used terminal?

>ITT idiots without cs degrees from even mildly reputable universities talking out their ass about shit they don't understand

You would be correct that you are only assuming. But if that's your defense, you pretty much just gave up