Got this old aircraft carrier where i live, anyone wanna see inside??

Got this old aircraft carrier where i live, anyone wanna see inside??

how'd they get it parked on the concrete?

Its just docked

Dont worry il get inside just want to make sure there are people

what carrier is this?

USS Hornet CV-12

Right below the flight deck where the planes and copters are stored

does it really.. uhm... have a poop deck?

>
>USS Hornet CV-12

Yeah, that

It has a couple, but pooping wouldnt be the most comfortable.

just like the navy to mark things 'this side up'

Inside of it

Cockpit of the copter

Well its always good to be reassured

F2j fury, related to the f86

2 seater a4 skyhawk, its huge

stap making photo with potatoe

did you go in the sim?

I did but its not really not is it worth 7 bucks but basically you just sit down on it and a 5 minute video of a cgi cockpit of an f18 flying around and the platform moves as the plane moves

Heres the avenger, this plane is huge, im size 5'9 and im standing straight with the camera raised when i took this pic, you dont really know how huge these planes are till you actually stand next to one

Heres the back of it, you can see the gun

Im bellow the previous floor, going lower into the ship, this is one of the three kitchens and mess halls this ship has

The halls

Men waiting by the onboard poast office

Same place

This is where theyd store torpedoes

very cool, op

Same room, behind the two torpedos on previous pic, just to give you an idea of how deep this ship is, and it goess even deeper than that

Entrance of the briefing room, pilots would also sit here to eat or rest

Same room

ah, yeah, where the Apollo 11 astronauts were picked up after returning to earth from the moon. Is that the same capsule, or do they have that at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum?

Heres the medical section of the ship, halways form a T shape

No, the original is at the smithsonian but this is the original original, this was the first capsule made before the actual apollo 11 capsule. They originaly decided to have the appolo 11 land on land so they made this capsule to test it by dropping it off from a high place. The huge dent behind that capsule pictured explains why they chose a sea landing

awesome, OP! :D

Hope you share again in the future, OP!

Just more halls

Huh, I didn't know that. Cool to learn. That's why I like visiting places like this, but I haven't been to that carrier. Interesting thread, OP. Good job.

I tried doing livestreams and all but the signal is so bad and always ends up disconnecting

Thanks, you should when you can,. Its in this abandoned naval air base and its sorrounded by these huge army reserves that are constantly being kept functional so they can load tanks in immediately when needed

Heres another mess hall

Heres my favorite, Cdc, i took a pic but it turned out bad, my friend snapchated a vetter pic so thats why its screenshotted

Went back up to the top, heres a wildcat that crashed into a lake and stayed there for almost 40 years, theyr rebuilding it and seems to be in pretty good shape afyer being in the water for so long, the engine looks so spotless

I've only been to the Bay area once, but when I go again, I'll put it on my list of things to do. I like historical places in general, but especially military history. I've been to the USS Midway in San Diego, where they also have a maritime museum with a bunch of historic ships and a Soviet submarine. Will definitely add the USS Hornet to any Bay area trip though.

Never been on the midway, hope to see it someday

Some asshole was taking a piss in the toilets that havent functioned for over 40 years, you can clearky identify him by his lack of sock

Now headed up the flight deck, heres an f 14 tomcat

View of the deck from"the island"

Heres the back end of the flight deck from the island

Atc tower

>those signs

It's just a museum ship. Anyone can go inside if they buy a ticket. This isn't exactly urban explorer stuff.....

OP never said it was.

Hey OP, I am going there today as I live right nearby. Wanna meet up? We can exchange emails and maybe up for a fuck.

That refueling pipe would piss me off. Here, let's design a symmetrical aircraft, then stick a massive pipe on one side of it.

If i were to sneak aboard a decomissioned aircraft carrier id definately say im sneaking aboard a decomissioned aircraft carrier

Yeah, probably came from the same geniuses who decided not to put guns on the f 4s

bwhahahaha.... what?!

As i was walking I saw this car with the cockpit of an f8 behind it
Pic related

hi Cred Forums - former government spook that did lots of secret things, including on aircraft carriers here.

Coolest thing about a carrier - when you're in rough seas, you can stand on the flight deck below the tower and jump right when you're at the crest of a wave. the carrier falls away below you and the tower comes down, if you time it right. You can just grab the tower, ride it up a wave, then ride it down the next one, then let go right at the trough and the deck of the ship will rise up to meet your feet. its like you're dropping 40 feet, but only dropping 1 or 2 feet at the same time.
>just don't do it wrong, because you can turn your 40 foot drop into an 80 foot drop and break your legs.

Has anyone ever done it. Without breaking anything?

Couple of boy scouts waiting outside as i left, also ive shown you all most of my pics already, ill try to take more next time

And that's how Joe gets an article 15 for fucking up government property (himself)

i did it 5 or 6 times no problem. it's a huge rush. Then I let go a little too late once and was falling straight down as the deck was falling away below me. IT feels kind of like jumping in an elevator x 1000. That was last time i ever did it.

There were tons of these parked outside most likely to store things on the reserve ships here

tits or gtfo

And to think we left billions of dollars in tanks, hummers, and guns to ISIS. Haliburton must be laughing itself into a stroke.

alex jones is that u?

Absolutely kek. Sounds like a shitload of fun but super risky.

What part of what I said is incorrect? Are you sucking Hillary's cock user?

give it a pat on the head, teitoku.

They have one of those on the Midway in San Diego. I thought the same thing.

Unless I'm not seeing it right, those sailors were rather short. Standing straight up the one on the far left doesn't even clear the window frame.