Any have a Varicocele?

Any have a Varicocele?

I've had one for years, recently its been hurting me loads. I've been debating going to the doctors to ask for the removal operation.

1. any tips to get rid of the pain?

2. Anyone have the operation? was it worth it. Last time I asked the doctor he said there maybe bad side effects like impotence and talked me out of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varicocele#Treatment
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Be a fucking man faggot, the pain isn't that bad.

I've got one, flares up sometimes but the pain hasn't gotten to where it had been when I discovered I had it, which was so bad I couldn't sleep and couldn't go to the bathroom.

I'm worried someday I'll be in bed with some lady and it'll go into overdrive. That'd be fun.

I had the surgery.

The incision point still hurts, it's been 6 years. But I know that feel when it starts hurting- it got to where I could barely walk. This is better but I think the doc fucked up or something. It shouldn't still hurt 6 years later.

I've lived with it for ages. I know the normal pain. its getting really annoying. 24/7.

So it's basically an ingrown toenail of the nutsack?

I feel like I might have at some points. Like some days I'll wake up and feel like the shit's all twisted (like a testicular torsion, my biggest fear) and I'll have to gently kind of massage my balls and move them around and it goes away. It's pretty rare though and isn't insanely painful

Been there, had surgery 2 years ago. It was more or less worth, the pain is gone and i felt no side effects but it did not shrink entirely (just about 50%). Also depends on what type of surgery you're thinking of having. All i had to do was snip a blood vessel above my penis (it flows to the testicles) but there are more invasive ones that have more side effects

its like a various vein in your ball sack, at the side.

different levels of existence. some mild, some large and painful.

No, what happens is the left testicle is fed blood by the kidney. You basically get a varicose vein in that path and the blood vessels kink and swell.

The upside is you're much much less likely to have kids, the downside is it can be painful (it's not always/for all people- some people have it their whole lives and never know).

For the surgery they make an incision about where your belt line is and go in with a tool and collapse veins to force blood to flow to the right place. Once the blood flow is restored, it opens up and you're fine. Usually.

Surgery only lasted like 15 minutes for me, but it ended up costing thousands.

Thanks, i just knew about the invasive surgery where they rip it out. maybe I could get what you had.

Yeah that sounds like it. The point of the surgery is to partially stop the flow of blood to testicles so that the varicose veins "dry out" and get absorbed back into your organism. Good luck to you mate

>Varicocele

I've got one. Had some pain issues in the past, but not during the last couple of years.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varicocele#Treatment
Operation isn't all that bad, my doctor told me nothing about any "bad" side effects, the article also doesn't say anything about impotence. Doesn't make any sense either, because your dick has blood pumping in from different arteries. What my doc told me is that my sperm quality wasn't all that good, which is a typical side effect of the varicocele.
I'd say, if you have issues and it bothers you a lot, have them do the surgery and forget all about your troubles within a week. I really wouldn't worry about it, bro.

I live in the UK so I will get if for free.

I may opt to get it done privately though to avoid the (assumed) waiting list.

Thanks for the positive comment. I think the doctor just wanted to get rid of me and told me horror stories.

I got surgery for this!

OP, it's quick and recovery's like a day.

I was given morphine before I was taken to the operating room, and shit was so cash.

They made one incision an the bottom of the belly button, and two on the hips/abdomen, all tiny and X shaped.

They pretty much closed the defective veins, and it takes 6 months for them to atrophy.

Feels good man.

Thanks user

Had a varicocele on my left side since I was about 14. Got surgery last year, at 24, microsurgical subinguinal varicocelectomy.

Felt better after. Got rid of lots of my daily worries I barely realized I had. If you have insurance, I recommend it.

Op I have it. Didn't get the surgery. Still was able to have a kid. No pain.

Thanks guys, I'm going for it. I'm booking the appointment tomorrow to see the Doc.

Your doctor should have his medical licence revoked for thinking that varicocele surgery (of which there are many variants) could lead to impotence.

The surgeon would have to do the surgery completely wasted to risk that.

>Got rid of lots of my daily worries I barely realized I had.

Not OP, but could you elaborate?

kids isn't the issue atm. I'm not trying.

its the pain and the unsightly mess that seems to have gotten bigger in the last few months.

It was 15 years ago he told me that, He's probably already been struck off. I wish i'd pressed at the time knowing what trouble its caused me since.

Go for it then, you probably won't regret it. It's really minor surgery and since it's the most common (!) blood vessel defect in male genetalia, it's totally routine.
I wish you good luck!

I'm someone else, but I know the stress it causes me. Getting a load off your mind sorts other things that were just getting compounded by the worry.

It is common. %20 of all males have it at one point.

I just never realized how much thought I put into it. The varicocele would hurt if I wore certain types of underwear, if I wore certain types of pants, if I sat certain ways for too long, if I jerked it too many times.

Since the surgery, my posture, confidence, and masturbatory habits have all improved. It's just a load off the mind.

holy fuck. I have it, small and no pain though. Almost goes away after releasing the load. Never knew what it was, tried google'ing it many times but to no avail.

Like, holy, shit, Cred Forums is actually proving usefull sometimes.

Op here.

I have two, right and left. The one on my right side is small and doesn't give me any trouble. a doc (during a STI test) pointed it out to me, I didn't even know I had one on that side.

The one on the left however, gives me near constant nagging pain. You can't miss it.