Anybody else get canker sores often? I'm estimating I get like 10 a year and I don't know why...

anybody else get canker sores often? I'm estimating I get like 10 a year and I don't know why. From what I've googled it could be because my immune system is shitty but if that were the case shouldn't I be getting sick more often? I usually only get sick a couple times a year, sometimes never even. At first I thought it was because of shitty hygeine but I floss and brush 3 times a day and use mouth wash. I don't use mouth wash when I have a canker sore because it usually burns the holy hell out of it but my point is I take care of my mouth.

would multi vitamins help? I started taking them but obviously wont see any different for months.

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/07/the-overblown-stigma-of-genital-herpes/374757/
webmd.com/oral-health/guide/canker-sores#1
animated-teeth.com/canker_sores/t5-canker-sores-herpes.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I used to get them a couple of times a month. I'm in good shape, eat well, and take vitamins regularly.
A couple of years ago I got a skin infection that was treated with some potent antibiotics. I noticed that I've not gotten a canker sore since then.

Rarely and it's always when I accidentally bite myself. Shit sucks.

check yourself for behçet's disease

I used to get them regularly. Got on a good multivitamin for about a year and haven't had any and haven't been sick once either.

Get a warm cup of water, mix a spoonful of baking soda and do some gargles. It'll clean your mouth and sores should go away in 2 or 3 days

I forgot to add to gargle and swish every day

but I only ever get oral ulcers, no where else on my body.

I don't get as annoyed over these because I know they are coming so I can usually prevent them by rinsing my mouth with baking soda or putting oral paste on the spot before it forms.

I'll have to actually stick to them this time. I dont mind taking them its just annoying to remember.

oh yeah I know baking soda is great for it. usually I do this when they are just forming to try and beat them from getting worse.

Stress and/or tiredness can cause them too. There called Ulcers btw you fucking Ameriplebs.

I actually have one right now too! Spicy and acidic foods are the absolute devil right now! :(

i get them alot because i like to chew on alot of things like water bottle caps and other weird things

I used to get them all the time after playing harmonica. About 10 times a year as well

It's herpes of the mouth.

I use to get them alot then i started using a multi V once a day and found this product called glyoxide its in a small bottle its used for oral health. The girl who pierced my toung told me about it and i started using it and 1 year later I don;t get them anymore... also recommend changing your tooth brush once a week.. Sucks but if you buy them at the dolla store they are only a buck each

This.

It means you are having a viral outbreak.

they pop up for me if I take L-arginine

For me it's use of to much acidicy foods and sauces

Not even joking, you probably have herpes. Loads and loads of people have it and don't have any obvious symptoms. 1 in 6 people have it apparently. Crazy.

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/07/the-overblown-stigma-of-genital-herpes/374757/

i got three of them right now. shit sucks. two of them in that area behind my lower set of teeth and one behind my top lip. i ate a good 2/3rds a bag of takis and got sick and continued to eat them. stay away from high acidic and or spicey foods and you should get them less often as well as sticking with a high iron diet.

webmd.com/oral-health/guide/canker-sores#1

canker sores, not cold sores.

Warm water + salt, swish it around your mouth at night and in the morning

Don't they look v similar?

no. cold sores look like pimples. the only thing related to herpes that looks like a canker sore is recurring intraoral herpes but there are differences that can make them distinguishable.

animated-teeth.com/canker_sores/t5-canker-sores-herpes.htm

cut out gluten and you be fine OP try it for 6 months see if you get any more.

I'm not doubting that I have the common herpes simplex that most people have because I very well could, but the mouth ulcers isn't a symptom of that.

that I don't know if I could manage but its an interesting theory.

if anyone could answer me , i get then really often and not just one but many and off a big size , could it be that im dyin?

if you bloat after any gluten especially breads or get reflux then definitely try it even if you try it for a month, if you get no sores winrar.

Sugar intake, along with acid in food, can cause abrasions and the canker sore is the result of your nerve filled soft tissue trying to heal from this abrasion... usually caused by sugary food or food with a high acid content

Trust me I'm a doctor

could be from stress, or you dont know how to eat and bite yourself often. Use Alum powder to get rid of them, stings but works.

It could be my diet. I don't eat shit 24/7 but I do eat shit fairly often.

I think for now I'm just going to stick with the multi vitamin for a couple of months and see the effects while keeping the same diet.

Change your diet, eat more veggies and fruit, beans, potatoes, less oil and animal products and processed food. Used to get those all the time, I eat healthier now and I've not gotten one in years. Also barely get sick anymore.

also adding onto the gluten removal make sure none of your products contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate mouth wash and tooth pastes try both them options OP.

stop blowing CL traps, op

Sodium lauryl sulfate in toothpaste. Find one that doesn't have it. It definitely helped me. I fucking hated canker sores.

Sensodyne red tube is the one I use.

Could be from brushing your teeth 3 times a day, tooth brushes are abrasive.

at this point I'm just impressed that most if not all the replies were serious. anything this point forward would just be pushing my luck.

good point. I might be doing more damage than good.

try oil pulling, google it

>oil pulling

is this accurate?

Yeah. I mean, it's exaggerated but it cleans your mouth very, very well.

I get them a lot if I eat a lot of candy. It's from sugar.

I use to get them a lot. Not as much anymore but when I do I use a qtip and peroxide and let that fucker burn. It's usually not hurting within a day

ive never heard of it but I'd try it.

it probably is my diet. I don't eat a lot of candy but I do eat a lot of processed foods and I do eat ice cream. not as often as I used to but I still eat it.

Only virgins get canker sores.

i have one right now in my lower lips they usually disappear after a week

okay so how do you get rid of yours?

wow,
fucking thanks op,
never heard of this before,
will try it

Sell them on eBay.

don;t touch your face for an entire day

this helps my acne actually

and not drinking soda I should mention, that shit is cancer