I'm buying this on Friday

I'm buying this on Friday.

What's your opinion on Miatas, Cred Forums?

Die

This is the one I want, that cars sick though

I almost bought an MGB or a Triumph Spitfire, but being the broke-ass college student I am, I settled with a Miata.

I really don't get the hate! They're not fast, they're good at handling, and they're totally fun cars to drive.

Die

Miatas have A LOT of problems.

1- they're girl cars
2- if you get into an accident, you're dead
3- unless you're paying $2,000 for it you are getting ripped off

I have a brand new 2016 ND miata.. It's fantastic. Make sure to get some nice suspension and wheel upgrades. Don't skimp on the quality, you'll regret it...

A regular civic can pass you. I hope you dont do this.

>1- they're girl cars

Not really... Tell that to all of the racers who compete with them.

>2- if you get into an accident, you're dead

Maybe, but that's better than getting seriously injured.

>3- unless you're paying $2,000 for it you are getting ripped off

Now that's just retarded.

>A regular civic can pass you. I hope you dont do this.

Not if there are turns on the road, and that is where the miata actually matters.

its a hairdresser car.

But if you like it, go for it. Youll have alot of fun driving it.
>as long as you dont give a fuck what other people think that is

i got a nb 01. it's fun as hell to drive. mostly fun on windy roads. it's meant for handling and not for speed. the novelty kind of wears off for an everyday commute but it's fun to screw around in.

i love those things
are you a car guy or just ended up getting one

I wanted a triumph butdad says engine breaks down a lot, so I'm settling for a Mitsubishi spyder

BUY THE HARD TOP AND GET SOME WHEELS

OP here

I don't care what people think; I'm in it for the handling and possible turbo. Everyone down here drives Tahoes, Escalades, Jeeps, and bigass F150s anyway.

Extremely rarely do I see one of those listed cars being used for its purpose (i.e hauling). It's mostly just hauling kids to a fucking Chick-fil-a or soccer practice.

>I wanted a triumph butdad says engine breaks down a lot, so I'm settling for a Mitsubishi spyder
Ugh, what? no. please don't

Kinda a down grade from the triumph I wanted but still a decent car.

Does it come with tampons? Cause if not you're getting ripped off, girly.

Yeah man don't mess with British cars -- especially old ones.

Ok be me 18yr Male no credit last hear of highschool, have 5k to play with what do? (Triumph Guy)

Hey. Hows virginity going for you, you giant cuck

he'll be having fun getting roadhead from a chick with dad issues while youre still struggling to pay your students loans for your 3rd year of community college

I'm so fucking jealous.. I've been wanting one forever now.

Buy a Chevy astro van. Chicks dig it

no idea, we lost touch when i was 17.

LifeProTip: keep spare tampons and an overnight bag in the trunk, so you don't have to do the slutwalk into the office the morning after getting plowed by your team leader after a work function, bitch.

fag sled unless, of course, you're chris kattan.

total fagmobile

How? small engine so great gas saver, low ride and great handling. Not fast, but makes a really fun drift car.

what's hillarious is that every guy that can't get laid insists that these are cars for fags, but women love to fuck guys with miatas.

So, every guy who hates miatas are fags.

that's logic

So your a poor middle aged fag, and by fag i mean gay

Miatas are fucking awesome. When I first got mine I got a lot of jokes from co-workers, and I even made some of my own. The important thing when owning a car that has a reputation for being a bitch car is to own up to it. Of course the kind of comments you get depend on the kind of people you surround yourself with. When I go to the local car meets people love the thing.
tl dr just don't get an automatic and you'll be able to get yourself out of being called a faggot.

I'll see if I can find my favorite photo of it
Some things to check for:

I own two NA's. Ask me anything. One's tracked out the other one is completely stock. I'm the person to ask

Kek. Nice trolling attempt.
I have no loans to pay off, and I'm long past college. You must be a faggot kid.
Also, if you actually think some slut will give him head in a miata, you are a massively autistic faggot and should immediately end your life.

Honestly dude they're great cars not quick in a straight line but they're not made for that they're made for corners, road course tracks and autocrossing get one that's manual and believe me they're a lot of fun to drive get some exhaust for it a cold air intake nice wheels and good suspension and eventually maybe a turbo I gaurantee you will love it you'll have a great handling cruiser that u can daily drive then on the weekends go race it they're very reliable cars mechanically simple and parts are plentiful

Fun as shit user, people hate on it because it doesnt look manly all curvy and shit

do not do it

My 96 firebird would blow that fucking tampon off the roadway.

Fuck outta here son.

Made for corners? My street is straight, am I fucked if I want to get home?

Miatas are great driver's cars. They're the most popular car that driving schools use for track use because they're rwd, lightweight, understeer and are well balanced. You will become a better driver and lessen the cancer that is most drivers on the road.

So long as it has the original Blaupunkt stereo.

>My 96 firebird would blow that fucking tampon off the roadway.

sure... until you have to turn... or stop...

Hope you are a mechanic if you get that. Gunna be very expensive otherwise.

or until he kills himself realizing how ugly a fucking 96 firebird is

I'm in love with my NA Do it dude! You won't regret at all! Who gives a fuck what anyone says they are fun ass little cars and get a shit ton of attention

correction oversteer

>getting roadhead
>in a Miata

Nice joke there, kiddo. Everyone know miatas are a fucking turn off for women, if you want to get roadhead drive a man's car like an RX-7 FC or Supra, not a women's used miata

EJ1 reporting in

>Implying my god-mobile can't turn or stop

You make me sick, Miata faggot.

>soft top
lel

Only buy a Miata if you're:

A) a woman, or
B) don't care that 99% of people who see you in it will think you're a faggot

Sure they're good cars and they're fun to drive... but they also scream "I LOVE COCK" to everyone who isn't a serious car enthusiast, which is the aforementioned 99% of society.

> FC

ruin it with an LS engine

I have driven a few miatas as i work at a mazada dealership, and i will admit they are fun to drive, but if you want a really fun car to drive for about the same price, for 5-6k you can pick up an e36 BMW M3. Way more fun to drive is a way better value. One major issue for me too with the miata is im just too tall for it. You have to be under 5'6" to fit comfortably in one of those

If you're a car guy then it's an amazing car. Extremely fun to drive and easy to fix. But everyone will be faster than you.

>I have driven a few miatas as i work at a mazada dealership, and i will admit they are fun to drive, but if you want a really fun car to drive for about the same price, for 5-6k you can pick up an e36 BMW M3. Way more fun to drive is a way better value. One major issue for me too with the miata is im just too tall for it. You have to be under 5'6" to fit comfortably in one of those

yah... that e36 m3 is a great value... but it's not a real m3...

and im 6'2"... i fit just fine in my ND

i own a 1990 eunos roadster i can give you a few points

>if you can't take a hairdresser joke or two you shouldn't drive it

>like any car basic maintenance if your best friend

>the novelty does not wear off (at least not for me)

>it's not as slow on the straights as people will lead you to believe

>if you can improvise it's as practical as any car

>imo it's the most fun you will have in a car under 10k

you should buy it just make sure you look for the obvious problems like rust on the exhaust and soft top damage etc

With handling upgrades they're amazing on winding roads. Don't forget to do your maintenance.

The first day I bought it I took it to the local car meet and tried to race the NC. I had been driving a manual for literally 2 hours lmao, and I failed miserably(Busted 2 bolts in the driveshaft and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it for weeks.)

Anyways I forgot to do this
Some things to look out for:
>Drift damage, or just damage in general
Miatas fall into the cheap drift/sports car for youths category so check the underside for any signs of going over curbs or any body damage etc. that could indicate an accident.
>CHECK YOUR FUCKING SOFT TOP FOR LEAKS
Seriously there is no greater hell than having to check the weather reports daily and not being able to take your car out in the rain(The most fun time). I should know, my soft top is practically non-existant. Bring a bucket of water or go to a car wash and make sure nothing leaks.
>Water damage in the interior
If someone left the top down or it had a bad one at some point, it'll probably have stains in the carpet, rust in the interior etc.
>Is it a 1.8l engine
If yes -> buy
If no -> turn 360 degrees and walk away, unless you're getting a killer deal on it. The 1.8l is slow enough as is.
Other than that check for basic car stuff like oil leaks, weird noises, parts acting weird etc.

What this guy says is true too. Don't get it thinking you're gonna be some hot-shot Takumi. They're fun as fuck, but they're not competitive, which is why I daily one. I know I'm gonna lose any race I get into(Except against shit civics) so I never really try anymore.

Lol drive a mans car like a rx7 or supra. Kek.
Both fucking retarded cars
Get a real fucking job and by a real car not asian garbage.
There are very few good cars that are made in asia.
Get a benz, porsche, bmw, or simlar. Really just a few of the small portion of manufacturer that make good cars.
Seriously thought only 16yo fags think rx7's and supras are cool!!!!!!!!!!

grills love a guy with $$ i drive around in a porsche boxster, it screams cash bro, i mean i got it on bank loan and i work at arbys but at least i'm not driving around in jap garbage amiright guys?

hahahahahah

I know a road, you live near Greenville Texas? Let's see how good that ego stands up in real life when you're crying because you wrecked your tryhardmobile trying to keep up with a fucking miata kek

All driving around in a Boxster screams is that you couldn't afford a 911.

>Get a benz, porsche, bmw, or simlar

Sorry, grandpa, but I'm 23 and I like having fun and racing. There's no better feeling then rolling up to some slow ass mustang/camaro/charger/challenger and leaving them in the dust.

Best car I owned, just be a man and get a manual transmision

also
>driving for grills and not the adrenaline rush

OP here

I've only been looking at manuals!

Maybe im just thinking of the 2016s, but in pretty sure in those my knees are in the dash.
As for M3 yeah e36's are slower than the newer 335s but still an overall bad ass car.
BTW, the new alpina M3s are unreal. Had one in the body shop a year ago. They swap out the 6 cylnder for a v8, eberything carbon fiber. I think i blew my wad reving it ip.

>grills love a guy with $$
lol it's cute when people have to compensate by pretending they have money
In reality though girls prefer a guy who likes to have fun, and the kind of girls you attract by pretending you've got cash are the kinds who'll give you the herp and ditch you when they find out the reason you two never go anywhere is because you're broke as shit trying to pay off your shitbox

I bought my first 05 330xi 5 years ago when i was 23. I just have a real job, now i have a newer 335. So fuck off.

kek

Cant have fin when your broke all the tie

>All driving around in a Boxster screams is that you couldn't afford a 911.

meh... my other car, besides my 2016 ND is an 81 911 SC... It's a ton of fun, but it's incredibly expensive if something in the tranny or engine goes bad, and it's super noisy, etc... It gets pretty tiring after a few years.

>reasons to buy a miata: the post
\o/

fucking kek look at this PUA

i know it's hard to convey sarcasm to autists in text form but i don't actually own a boxster

Do not want

>Maybe im just thinking of the 2016s, but in pretty sure in those my knees are in the dash.

yah... my knees get close to the dash, for sure. But finding a comfortable position is not hard at all... I've done many long road trips in it already.
>As for M3 yeah e36's are slower than the newer 335s but still an overall bad ass car.
>BTW, the new alpina M3s are unreal. Had one in the body shop a year ago. They swap out the 6 cylnder for a v8, eberything carbon fiber. I think i blew my wad reving it ip.

actually i can't afford either that's why i drive a miata lol

the miata is definitely more fun than my 911...

The miata isn't constantly trying to kill me.

Miata owner here. Get it. Fun as hell to drive though not fast. Be ready for the gay jokes and dildo references though. They handle pretty well and have an amazing weight to power ratio. Toss something bigger in it And you're beating most cars out there

>mitsubishi
>auto
>good

wew

PUSSY

After a quick V8 install they decimate most other cars on the road or track. V8 Miata drivers always laugh last..

So, does your parents know you're gay?

3.5k for an auto 3rd gen eclipse lol some people honestly don't know how to car shop.

>quick
Have you ever actually done one?

Did you tell your parents you're a faggot?

Might as well get a Subaru

OP buy an S2000 instead.

Not OP but
>Cheapest good condition s2000 here is 9k for one of the older models with 100k miles on it
I hate life

>PUSSY

LOL... sure, but the miata is hands down faster in every way compared to my 911. And the 911 has a SHIT TON of modifications to the suspension, too.

>What's your opinion on Miatas, Cred Forums?

>I don't care what people think;

wtf?

get the car that you want but don't fucking ask the question and then say you dont care what people think. are you sure you're not a chick?

Agree. Unless u make a 13b swap.

You know what's crazy?

I'm gay and drive a gay ass Fiesta ST.

Yet even miatas are too gay for me or my bf, they're like giant pink dildo on the forehead and wearing fishnets during Pride gay.

TRACK DAY BRO!

implying you don't see more taillights than miata already do in that LT1 of yours. you could have picked up a 99 z28 for 5-6k for years now but you like going slow i guess. Hell I've seen WS6 for less than 10k as of last year.

but yeah keep pretending miata are gay when a tubro 4cyl can easily make more power than yours let alone an LS swap.

Are you a 44 year old man who is balding but wears his hair in a ponytail? Then it's perfect for you.

I feel like the type of people who call this car gay all drive a shitty bro truck..

Die

Not sure how tall OP is but as an s2000 owner who's 6'2 you definitely want to factor that in

It's a cute car that you can drive the shit out of. You want be taken seriously or impress people in it but who says that's what is important .

I hope for your sake it's 5 speed , it should be a fun little car to fuck around in or maybe even autocross with

I'd imagine it's a lot like owning a street legal go-kart.

Owned a Miata for 8 months now, and it's exactly like this

It definitely looks like a cool car, though I would say, it'd look better if it was sleeker, really seems like the part you sit in, and the roof rises way too fast from the front part and trunk.