Alright b, I'm looking into buying my first vehicle. My girlfriend and I want a truck and with my job...

Alright b, I'm looking into buying my first vehicle. My girlfriend and I want a truck and with my job, GM gives me the biggest discount overall. I'd like a decent mid tier truck. Not full luxury/heavy duty but not extremely cheap either. Silverado or Sierra 1500 are my only real options but I keep hearing information that is all over the place when it comes to how I should go about buying a new vehicle. Help me out Cred Forums!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UfHtcUZXljw
classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1974/volkswagen/vans/100753556
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Buy an El Camino.

Top zooboo

Sierra is just a luxury Silverado.

Have you ever considered buying a real truck? Like a Ford?

i personally stick with ford, but you cant go wrong with chevy for the most part.

well.

That's exactly what I thought and they seem very close in price for the difference in luxury I get in a sierra vs silverado

honestly tho user, youre better off going with a Nissan Titan for a couple reasons
>foreign cars have better engines
>Titan can have the cummins engine with the Alisons transmission if you buy the package
>Will last a hell of a long time
>sharp looking

American cars are sadly starting to not even be American anymore

Jap trucks are shit

I've got two silverados. All I do is change the oil and rotate the tires. Motherfuckers are solid trucks. Get the LT1 model. It has enough bells in whistles to make you feel like you got your money's worth and none of the shit that will fag up a truck.

I have no problem with Ford other than the discount. I only get about ~1000 off msrp through ford but ~$6000 or so off GM

do u even toyota
real mans truck
good luck

Tundra is very attractive but no discount :/

youtu.be/UfHtcUZXljw

Get a titan if you want an ugly ass truck with shit mileage

fuck discounts. focus on total price.

the Titan is a heap of shit. get the fuck outta here.

if you're going jap, go Tundra or Tacoma.

The truck I build on their website costs about $38,000 after discount. I figured I could negotiate down to that price before I tell them I have my employer discount. I'm not exactly sure whether that would work or not though

This

ford. they dont need papa gov to bail them out.

jealous???

ford is the safest.

Never GM. Seriously. Only have had bad luck and problems with them. Not even worth the savings. Also they look like Michael Bay designed them.
Source: Am work for government. All GMs
Toyota is a bit pricey but they have hands down the very best mid-sized truck.
>inb4 hurdur made in america. Bitch go buy a 160k Tesla if that is your argument. Everything is Mexican these days.

Stop trying to make this a cringe thread.

It will work. Go at the end of the month when they have to hit their quota. I bought my latest one for 32k. It cost 39k based on the msrp

you could always roll the dice and get a new Ridgeline lol. decent reviews so far. V6 only though.

They do need mexicans though

you won't be that clever when I'll run over you faggot.

OOooooorrrrr you could grow a pair and get either an old VW camper van or splurge on a jeep. I take it that you want a truck to make up for your dick size?

Had a friend tell me this as well and it seems like a solid plan

lol is that really your truck? what's it like advertising your own retardation?

fix
or
repair
delay

honda is the only way to go, I can get you a discount dude, what's your home address??

Don't worry. I live far away from you. In an educated population that isnt all related.

Parents had a big family. Only grew up in trucks and vans/suv. My best memories have been in trucks. I like trucks

This will cure your personal manhood insecurities.
classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1974/volkswagen/vans/100753556

DO YOU EVEN FUCKING RAPTOR!?

If I could afford it I would. It's so sexy

I sell Chevrolet vehicles. What questions do you have?

bah... just look for a used hunk of shit user, thats what I would do, something that ran and didnt look like it was about to fall apart, find someone selling and willing for you to take it to a trusted mechanic that can check it out for you.

Living in the countryside, I find myself hauling more shit in the back of my hatchback than the average truck driving friend of mine.
>t.A Minnesotan who drives six hours every other weekend to visit famalam.

I mean if you want a full size, I'd get a GM for the price/value, and how fucking good they look.

Personally I really like Tundras, but you can't go wrong with GM really. The 5.3 is a solid engine and they look the best

Ford is for truck buyers that know nothing about trucks

Of course car salesmen use Cred Forums.....

>first vehicle
>$25,000+ debt at 18

Good one, Cred Forums.

Have a tacoma. (absolutely a dream btw)
This is the only truck i would trade it for.

Not a typical car salesman. I'm not commissioned

Jealous of looking like a tremendous faggot in public? Not especially.

GM makes them in Australia as the Holden Ute. Has an LS3 and a 6 speed manual.

The new Colorado actually won Motor Trends Truck of the Year. 2 years in a row.

Honest answer here from someone that knows some shit about vehicles.

>GM
GM has massively improved interior quality the last few years, and builds pretty good trucks. If you get one with the gas V8, it should be very reliable and capable.

>Ford
Ecoboost, while powerful, has had some issues as far as I've heard, and will be a hell of a lot more expensive to fix anthing. Still decent trucks.
> Ram
Ram has nice interiors, but build quality can be suspect. Parts will either be dead reliable or shit.
>Toyota
Shit power motors and lower towing capacity. Rust and chassis flex. Good resale value though. By shit motor, I don't mean unreliable, just poor gas mileage and underpowered.
>Nissan
This is the new one, as they just redid their big trucks. I'd be cautious buying a model this new.

Try to ignore anything that seems unreasonable or biased in this thread. Test drive every truck you consider, and if you like it during the test drive, read through owner forums , look for complaints, praises, technical service bulletins and recalls.
Good luck and I hope you find what works for you.

Mopar or no car

Mopar or no car...

Please don't be autistic. Buy a Toyota truck. Chevrolet and other domestic makes are less expensive, but you really do pay for a huge amount of repairs later on.

If you buy a new one, don't break it in by being a fucking dumbshit like you normally are by hot-rodding it at stoplights. It will last you 350,000 miles with zero maintenance even if you're completely stupid.

>he he but my chevie lasted 300k lol xD

No, it didn't. It's trashed, has terrible paint, and the interior is wrecked. Get out of my face.

Unless you have A1 credit or a shit ton of money down, you will have a hard time getting approved for a loan on a truck for your first vehicle.

Import a hilux

Also, I forgot to add, the same can apply to the Colorado and Tacoma.

And, avoid asking this on /o/. There is massive anti GM and pro Ecoboost shitposting overtaking the board, all from people who don't even have a license.

Buy used. Trucks just off of 1 or 2 year lease, with under 20k miles, and under 2/3 original price, with remaining factory warranty. Source: ASE mechanic at used car dealer.

>Fwd "truck"

I have a 2015 Colorado with the 3.6L v6. It's capable of pulling over 7,000lbs and I'm averaging about 22mpg

Not a truck.

Hey OP. I bought my first new truck in July of 14. It was a 15' Silverado 2500 HD. 6.0L gas, crew cab. My Dad works at gm so I get GMS pricing like you. So far it's been a good truck.. it's had it's fair share of recalls but the dealer always took care of them. I have around 38,000 miles on it already. Good, solid, tough truck. I only get around 12mpg in the city. 15-16 on highway. Would recommend if you're using it FOR A TRUCK. If not, stick with 1500.

I own a Ford and can confirm acronym.
And I do like civics, accords, and s2ks.

It shouldn't. The way I was told GMS pricing works is it doesn't matter if you walk into a dealer in any state, the price is the same. As a matter of fact, if one dealer tries to offer you anything extra or cuts the cost by a dollar, they can have their license stripped. The only wiggle room they have is in the trade in if you have one.

Eh...the last great Japanese truck engine was the 22RE in the truck and 4Runner...unless you also count the 1FZFE straight 6 in the Land Cruiser

Where you from OP? I got family that works at GM and has had to relocate due to plants shutting down.

My Chevy is 35 years old and I still drive it. Because it's reliable and I don't have to treat it like a brand new car. It's got 200k on a carbureted motor and it's never been rebuilt. New alternator, water pump, thermostat, and radiator are all that's been put on it in the last 30 years.

Fords seem to be hit and miss. I have a 99 F150 with 300k on the V6 motor and it still runs great. Only thing I've EVER done to it is a new alternator and a new clutch.

2003 Toyota Corolla that I could dukes off a fucking mountain and would still go. Ugly as shit but it's got 300k even after wife put 20-30k oil changes on it

95 civic DX with factory motor has 200k on it, haven't done anything to the motor but the suspension had to be rebuilt pretty much all the way around because it bottomed out so much

96 Cadillac has 117k miles and I rarely drive it but it's annoying as fuck, just like any Cadillac theyre all electronic and shit is always sending false red flags and electrical shorts

Overall I've got a taste of everything but I have to go with Chevy. The newer fords with the Eco boost seem to be cheap and shitty quality trucks but that's my opinion

Favorite is still gonna have to be the old Chevys because they're so easy to work on and you won't have to pay a mechanic for anything.

My nigga. I've got an 83 GMC myself. Best generation of trucks by far. There's a good reason so many are still on the road.

I've been looking for a square body myself. 87 cause TBI but still square body

Are you fucking retarded?

Can confirm. It's a set price on the invoice. Ando typically dealers won't be able to "over allow" on your trade either. It's truly no haggle.

Yeah man those square bodies just don't give up. Mines even the little 305 motor but when it goes I'm just going to have it rebuilt.

I've considered a full on restoration I like this truck so much. It's a bug, hunky steel truck but for me there's just no other way to go. AC still works in mine, but other than that it's all basics. Manual Windows and locks have beat the test of time, all the trucks with power windows and locks have died off long ago and those fuckers are stuck with their windows up lol.

To me, the more simple it is the less than can go wrong an the cheaper it is when it does. I will ALWAYS own a square body. They've got a perm. Place in my driveway.

No problems with the head gasket? Aren't the older 305s notorious for that? A 350 you can get all day long for like $300

That's what they told me. I planned on jewing them down and then telling them I get GMS, but I learned that and I didn't have a trade in. Went to 3 different dealers and all the same price for the truck I built.

You really believe Chevrolet and Dodge can hold even a candle to Toyota's current offerings?

Got the 305 myself but the truck is the loaded version. AC quit working and was torn out a while ago. For some reason it has manual window on the driver's side and electric on the passenger lol. They definitely take a licking though. Wrecked it back in March, spun and hit a concrete barrier doing about 50. It did take a bit of frame repair, but other than that I've been putting it back together completely on my own. Really nice to be able to do your own work with a set of simple tools. Only modification I've done is an edelbrock intake and carb and she runs like a champ. Just really need a muffler job.

Nope, no issues with it whatsoever. I'm sure they'll go eventually being that they're original and 30 years old, age gets to rubber. All the plastic cases that were over the vacuum lines have rotted away but I've just replaced the original vaccum hoses and she's good to go. I'm just gonna drive her til she drops then rebuild. If I decide to do the full on resto I'll keep the factory block, even though it's just a square body I like the idea of all the numbers matching :P

Yeah. I don't blame you. When I do finally find a nice one, I'm not sure if I wanna resto it or just make it a mud truck. It's hard to find a decent one around here though cause I'm in the salt belt

This guy has the right idea

>thinks buying new is a good investment