Www.strawpoll.me/10995127

>www.strawpoll.me/10995127

3, because it is green and the rest are red you fucking neanderthal.

1. cuz it's the only smaller one
2. cuz it's the only one who is similar to every single other one
3. only green one
4. only one without black border
5. circle

It has to be 2.

2 is setting the norm for how the others shall be.
#1 - Size
#3 - Color
#4 - Border
#5 - Shape

2 doesn't have a definitive difference that shows unlike the other figures

2. It's nothing special compared to the rest.

I like that answer.

or 4, because it has no border and the rest do. or 1, because it is small and the rest are big. or 5, because it is a circle and the rest are squares. But 2...what about two. It seems to be the only one that has no unique quality that differentiates it from the rest. Every one of its properties is shared by at least one other object.

My answer is 2.

But why does that mean it has to be two? We've shown that every object has one thing that sets it apart. The choice of which is "the" odd one out is entirely arbitrary. A matter of taste.

The answer is 2 and here's why.

2 is different because it's the most average of them all. All the rest have one odd trait while 2 has none.

>a matter of taste

You're fucking stupid.

Now we can think about position. Shapes 1,2,4,5 each have symmetric opposites across the axis of symmetry formed by 3. 3 does not; it IS the axis of symmetry. This sets 3 apart from 1,2,4 and 5.

Of course, it has already been set apart, so being set apart alone does not do the trick. It is the fact that it has now been set apart from the others twice, by two distinct unique properties (greenness and being an axis of symmetry) which truly sets it apart from the rest of the objects, which all have only one differentiating property.

Therefore, 3 is the objective "odd one out".

You seriously overcomplicated that chart.

OP here. I forgot to mention that the sequence and labeling of the shapes is irrelevant.

Truth. I went full retard

Yes, its differentiating property is that it is uniquely average. This is still a differentiating property, and thus each object has one differentiating property, thus they are all equally different from one another, thus the choice of which is "the odd one out" is arbitrary. BUT:

everyone who says anything else is retard

I agree. It's the only one that nothing is wrong with.

You just thought that phrase sounded gay but you called it "stupid" because you're too stupid to tell why different things feel negative to you

You should really consider a career that is heavily focused on abstract thought and critical thinking because this was a very good way of looking at this problem.

Go troll someplace else. You're obviously not stupid enough to believe that shit.

Its 2 because its the only one with a number font that doesn't match its size.

I called you stupid because it's stupid. It's not a matter of taste. There is a single, objectively correct answer.

OP here. I made the picture. I used the same font size for all of them. Georgia is kinda weird with numbers.

2 because it's the only one that's the same.

5. It's not a square, and it's hip to be square!

The fact that it has nothing "wrong with it" makes it different from the others. Therefore each object has 1 thing that makes it different from the others. So there is no reason to pick 2 over 1, 3, 4, or 5.

Unless we can establish that there is a difference between the difference between 2 and 1, 3, 4, and 5 and the differences between 1, 3, 4, and 5 and 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Here's a proposal: the differences between 1, 3, 4, and 5 and 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are all visually detectable, while the difference between 2 and 1, 3, 4, and 5 is non-visual. So, there are in fact two things that differentiate 2 from the rest.
(1) 2 has nothing which differentiates it from the rest
(2) The difference between 2 and the rest is non-visual

So, there are now two differences between 2 and the rest. However, there are two problems with this analysis which immediately arise. For one thing, there is an inherent contradiction in saying both (1) and (2). First we say there is no difference, then we say the difference is non-visual. Both could be better expressed, without contradiction, by saying simply (NV) There are no visual differences between 2 and the rest. But now there is only one difference, and again, there is no principled reason to pick any particular object as "the odd one out" because they're all different in only one way.

WHO CARES ABOUT CIRCLES N SHIT

THIS THREAD IS FLOWING WITH TRIPS AND DUBS

It's literally a philosophical puzzle asshole, and what you're reading is a philosophical analysis

There is not:

It is the only one without anything "different."

1 is smaller than normal.
3 is a different color than normal.
4 has no thick border.
5 is a different shape than normal.

2 is the only one where nothing is "out of the ordinary."

so they all have one difference. so why pick 2?

so thats what makes it different

Guys, you see it all wrong, each one is the odd one.

Because dubs.

Every shape but the small square shares atleast 2 similarities with each other shape.
The small one is the odd one out.